Guest LonerStoner2099

Guest LonerStoner2099

Hello Everyone!

I'm new around here and thought I'd kick things off with a snapshot of the latest Bad Dawg @dragboatjeffy freebies I got with my last order, Skunk Special X GG4.

Wow! This cross is pretty amazing so far. Coming to the end of the budding phase and really shooting out some of those lovely lady buddha fingers.

So far, they (2 similar but yet slightly different phenos) smell strong like jet fuel mixed with sour patch kids or something crazy like that... really gassy. Super oily. 

I quick dried a couple sample buds for a few days at least to get an idea of what to expect effects wise, and although I realize things will change after a good cure - I am already super impressed. It came on quick behind the eyes and straight to the head, followed by a uplifting body buzz and over feeling of well-being. The taste isn't really there yet but I am picking up on that sour dub and a hint of skunk on the exhale.... can't wait until it's cured... I had a few buds that matured earlier than the rest and those bad girls are hanging out and drying up nicely right now.

So, the grow process with these was a breeze. I keep things super simple anyway - I'm just an average dude growing for myself who's hopelessly in love with Mary Jane.

My grow space is super modest, around 4 X 5 X 5  there abouts. Something I've cobbled together over time. For lighting I use a 315W CMH with a carbon scrubber and a couple fans. I only grow about 5 plants at a time and baby the hell out of them:-)

So, I have 2 phenos of this strain growing. Pheno one is just fucking beautiful. She grew really branchy right away from the bottom up which worried my at first because most of the plants I grow have that classic christmas tree look to them and I didn't know where this was going. But she did. She blossomed into a perfect bush! I got to watch big Ice cream cone nugs form on the tops of all those branches and I hardly even touched her during the whole process.

Pheno 2 seemed more indica leaning with darker leaves and buds. Similar branchy growth but faster with thicker, dark orange hairs. Still has that sweet and sour fuel smell though like pheno 1. Just not quite as pretty:-)

So I'd say another week or so and I'll be giving them the chop. I'll post some pics of some cured buds and follow up with a smoke/effects report. 

I love reading others post about different strains and I plan on following suit - rock on :beavisnbutthead:

SkunkSpecialXGG4-snapshots.jpg

nug-5.jpg

nug-4.jpg

nug-6.jpg

nug-3.jpg

nug-2.jpg

nug-1.jpg

Guest 3rdCoaster

That sounds like you found a few nice plants in that pack,  gassy is a good thing.    Thanks for sharing.  

I'm running a pair of females from a freebie 5 pack of Motor Breath15 x Long Bottom Fighter from Baddawg.   Very tacky with early resins and offering a gear lube nose.  

Guest LonerStoner2099

@zootfor sure! Can't wait to try some properly cured buds. The quick dry ones I've tested so far have been fantastic! Definitely picking up on that sour fuel :smoking-banana-smiley-emoticon:

and the effects have been soooo good. Very cerebral and so uplifting. It's been a long time since I've had a happy weed:-) hoping that holds true after the cure.

Guest LonerStoner2099

few more pics taken today I couldn't resist posting - hope I'm not over-doing it with all the photos - wish I had a real camera;-),  I'm just really stoked about this particular plant. She just keeps throwing out these amazing, beautiful buds that just don't stop!

pheno-1-7.jpg

pheno-1-6.jpg

pheno-1-5.jpg

pheno-1-4.jpg

pheno-1-3.jpg

pheno-1-1.jpg

Guest LonerStoner2099
25 minutes ago, MPB said:

Pretty sure everyone loves LOTS O PICS ! Lol !! Lookin very nice how much longer til chop on those beauties ??

@MPB Right on brotha! Good question on the chop - So, I had 2 of this strain, I'm simply referring to them as pheno 1 and 2. Pheno 2 finished early - all the buds ripening at about the same time so she's a hangin' and a swayin'. #1 on the other hand is still stacking some nice chunky buds. Some of her buds had already been begging to be plucked - so that's what I've been doing with her - kindof taking her bud by bud - which I normally don't do but I guess she's kinda an exception for me. Trying to hold off for Halloween to take her all the way down.

but boy, what a fantastic plant #1 is! Branchy with these pop can sized buds at the end. I'm really impressed with this cross :smileys-passing-joint:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest LonerStoner2099

Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to post some follow up on this strain (skunk special X gg4). Again, these were freebies from Great Lakes and a fantastic plant. 

A big THANK YOU to @dragboatjeffy GLG! I'll be growing these out again for sure.

The buds have been curing in jars for a couple weeks now so I thought I'd give a smoke report or in my case, more of a vape report - I use a vapcap that I absolutely love. Anyone else try or use a vapcap? Mine is a DynaVap, the 'M' model I guess.... just a really nice hitter.

I think it helps to know a little about the person giving the report or at least their consumption habits to get an idea of what to expect. 

I vape small amounts throughout the day, everyday. Occasionally, I'll take some time off due to life events or if I'm just not getting the high I used to get. I've been doing this for probably somewhere around idk...... 10+ yrs or so.

Smoke report:

Straight sour gas with a skunky back end. You can taste the sourness as it lingers on your tongue for a few moments... 

The buzz is really uplifting, focused yet happy if you know what I mean? Usually sticks around for a couple hours - lets you down nicely...

It's a nice head high first followed by a upbeat body buzz. I didn't experience any paranoia. I've experienced some pretty intense trippy stones in the past that have taken me to some dark places I really don't care to go to again... I think some strains just have a certain chemical balance that doesn't jive with my wiring.

so, to some this strain up - Sour gas smell with that sour taste and skunky backend on the nose. 

A fantastic evenly balanced, upbeat head and body high - not something I'd smoke if I wanted to get some sleep. Perfect for jamming on the guitar though!

The buds frost over real nice too:beavisnbutthead:

I'd love to hear about anyone else's experience growing out this cross to see if they think it's as great as I do.

I've posted some pics below of a few cured buds

6-SK4.jpg

5-SK4.jpg

3-SK4.jpg

2-SK4.jpg

1-SK4.jpg

Guest LonerStoner2099

Thanks @Budmanx! I would highly recommend this strain. I should also add that I was just on the GLG website where they're advertising this strain as a freebie with a purchase of a Spacegenetix strain - which makes sense actually, since I think It originally came with a purchase of a different Spacegenetix  strain I ordered, Choco-gorilla I think it was, I'm really looking forward to growing that out as well. So, I guess my point is, I think they might be Spacegenetix seeds and not Bad Dawg like I originally assumed. Either way, they were FREE and they are AWESOME!!!

Archived