zoot

Wisconsin Bill LRB-1055/1

3rdCoaster

Interesting, heavily regulated...but still interesting.   Looks like Wisconsins turn in the barrel is coming up.   Hang on to your papers, its going to be a wild ride.

The bad.......

The bill authorizes DATCP to inspect, without prior notice, the premises and records of a licensee or an applicant. DATCP may also establish rules for administering and implementing the medical cannabis program as it relates to producers, processors, dispensaries, and laboratories.

I barely allow announced and expected guests that i know well, so that aint gonna happen.

An applicant may not obtain a license, and DATCP must revoke a license, if the applicant or licensee is located within 500 feet of a school, distributes more than 12 cannabis plants and three ounces of cannabis leaves or flowers to any person, or possesses an excessive quantity of cannabis as determined by DATCP. 

Whats excessive for Larry, may be barely getting by for Stan.    I would like to have the right to stock pile as much medicine as I see fit.   and to be able to provide as many plants or leaves, or flower, or concentrate to another person without oversite.   Dont tread on me.  and what about John...Who has PTSD, but owns a home free and clear two blocks down from the grade school they just built last year.  Does he get grandfathered in? or he is just out of luck?

The good .....

.....This bill creates a medical use defense to such THC-related prosecutions and forfeiture actions for a person who is registered with the Department of Health Services as having a specified debilitating medical condition or undergoing a specified debilitating treatment. The bill also prohibits the arrest or prosecution of such a person for those offenses......

I like that.

........The bill requires DATCP to promulgate rules that are designed to promote and prioritize producers, processors, and dispensaries that are small, local operations......

This is Evers doing, he has been beating the drum to keep the profits to be made from the goldrush in the hands of the people of Wisconsin....at least before taxes and fees, licenses and whatever else the legislature can dream up

Finally, the bill prohibits discrimination in employment and licensing against individuals who have valid certifications and registration cards based on their use or possession of medical cannabis off the employer's premises during nonworking hours, unless one of certain exceptions applies. The bill similarly provides that an employee who is terminated solely due to a positive drug test for cannabis components or metabolites or who violates the employer's policy concerning the use of cannabis is not disqualified from receiving unemployment insurance or worker's compensation benefits if the employee has a valid certification and registration card, unless 1) the employee uses or possesses medical cannabis on the employer's premises or during working hours; 2) the use impairs the individual's ability to undertake adequately the job-related responsibilities of that individual's employment; or 3) the action is necessary for the employer to avoid losing certain benefits under federal law.

This language is for the good of the people....no more being discriminated in the work force for treating an illness with THC.   Just like you dont get discriminated against for being diabetic and taking insulin to keep your blood sugar in check.    It likely won't fly in the trades due to work place hazards, but it is a step in the right direction.  

Change, it always ruffles somebodies feathers, like mine.... for better or worse.  Lets run this thing up the flag pole and see what shakes out.  

I'll be down here...tending my unregistered plants until the dust settles and quite possibly much longer...its nice down here.   

images-40.jpeg.a71bedadc3579917ba2f62e1851022ce.jpeg

Edited by 3rdCoaster

"You are never lost.  Follow your breath to take you home." 

zoot

i'm in agreeance with you on all points

but will we get a voice in the final roll out, i doubt it.

I'm just a billiard ball that's chipped and scratched and soaked in smoke and wine.

Yeah, I'm a little too stoned to keep up with the times

zoot

and the fees, $250 app fee and $5000 extra if you want to be a producer, processor or a dispensary.

as well as $250 to get your id card or to be a caregiver with nothing written in for low income people.

I'm just a billiard ball that's chipped and scratched and soaked in smoke and wine.

3rdCoaster
13 hours ago, zoot said:

and the fees, $250 app fee and $5000 extra if you want to be a producer, processor or a dispensary.

as well as $250 to get your id card or to be a caregiver with nothing written in for low income people.

Don't feed the bureaucrats..🤣

Im not sure if we will get a voice on this, going to do some research though and find out if there will be any open meetings at the capital.   

Slick rick

Your apps fees are low it was 750 no refundable to apply for a permit to grow hemp I hope I didn't waste 750 Are any of u guys planning on through down an starting all three sounds very interesting to me it was crazy money to do it in pa

zoot

My hemp fees were $250 app and $500 licensing fee which is yearly. 

im looking in to doing all 3 for sure. But I hope they make it the same as hemp, where if you’re a producer you’re allowed to process your own product and sell it. 

Slick rick

If u need help or someone to through down some cash please keep me in mind I would love to be able to grow an sell buds legally I'm growing hemp next year but it's just not the same 

3rdCoaster

As far as I can tell the populous does not get to have a say at this juncture, short of contacting your representative and speaking your mind.  AND  rallying at the Capital at the time of the vote.

Still going to be a fight in the Legislature which still widely considers Medical as a slippery slope to Rec.  

Tell ya what...the state is going to lose out on huge tax dollars that could spur sorely needed infrastructure improvement, increased school funding, decreased property taxes.....ect.  if it does not  get its head out of the sand to see what's going on all around it.

Some notes from the reading on cost to enter....

"In Sargent’s latest bill, cannabis business licenses in Wisconsin would be divided into five categories — producer, processor, distributor, retailer and microbusiness — but, as in most states, a business could hold multiple licenses. The bill does not include provisions for social equity applicants or disproportionately impacted areas but does call for discounted licenses fees for small businesses.

A merit-based application process would rank applicants across several dimensions, including environmental protection and ability to provide stable, family-supporting jobs to local residents. Any businesses with 20 or more employees would also be required to enter a “labor peace agreement,” which would prohibit employees from strikes and picketing and the applicant from disrupting any labor organizing efforts."

Some insight from WI hemp growers.....

"Cannabis entrepreneur Abbie Testaberg fears big businesses will come to dominate the state market if Wisconsin legalizes marijuana for medical or recreational uses. Testaberg and her husband, Jody, run three cannabis companies, including a hemp growing operation in western Wisconsin.

Testaberg hopes marijuana, if it is legalized, does not go the way of the dairy industry, in which family farms increasingly are squeezed out.

“If we enter the cannabis industry regulation the same way as where we’re currently at with big farm regulations, we’re going to create the same monster,” Testaberg says."

Some further reading on the topic.....

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2019/09/20/wisconsin-republican-signs-onto-medical-marijuana-bill/2385312001/

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/solutions/2019/09/27/wisconsins-marijuana-legalization-decision-worth-billions-dollars/2433862001/

zoot

Sign me up for a micro business licence please

3rdCoaster

Go get'em tiger! @zoot 

Still trying to see when the vote is going to go down.  Sending an email to State Rep. Melissa Sargent,   Sen. Jon Erpenbach and Rep. Chris Taylor.   These are the folks leading the charge to get a bill up for a vote.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use Guidelines Privacy Policy and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..