Bugman's C99 x LGB

Guest PlantLady

Guest PlantLady

@Bugman

I love this plant - it is tough! @imiubu got some seeds and shared them with me.

As a young plant, it was smaller than most and sorta wispy. But a sativa-growth-pattern wispy, not sickly wispy. When it came time to divide up the seedlings with my sis and brother, he thought he had room for two of the larger plants and one smaller...so I sent this one home with him. None of us had grown before. Two weeks later he called, saying he thought it was in flower - and it shouldn't have been. I went over and found his cabinet was much smaller than I had thought, and he only had one 24" fluorescent bulb and one 18" fluorescent bulb. This plant was only just slightly more than half the size of the others, but rather than raise it up on a pot or something, he just had it sitting on the shelf so it was a good 2' below the lights, and shaded by the other two plants. And for some reason, he had thought I said 14/10 instead of 18/6 for light hours. And yep, it was in full-blown flower, poor little thing. So I repossessed it and brought it home. Not sure it was savable, but gave it a prime spot on my shelf and loved it. Amazingly, it pulled through and quit flowering and got real weird looking. So, I kept pruning it til it looked better, then got it planted outside. It really liked outside better than in and soon caught up with the others. Then it started passing them in growth...and here it is in its full glory!

Its just slightly smaller than that monster Ruby Red Gorilla Bubble I wrote about last week. And this week I am finally learning about the joy of "the stretch" - oh, WOW! This one and most others have gained at least a foot since last Tuesday! Now this beauty is right around 6' tall and around 4.5' wide. The second picture gives you a better sense of its size...if you look closely, you will see the BIC lighter just above center. The first pic is from 8-28 and of the south side of the plant. The second pic is from 9-8, after/during? stretch and is of the north side of the plant.

It smells good, not loudly, but good. In full-blown fall allergy mode, so can't tell what scent...but good and appealing.

Being new at this and not knowing anything about strains, have no idea what I may expect from this plant. Perhaps Bugman could chime in with what he hoped to achieve with this cross, so I will know what to look for (please)?    

C99 x LGB WholePlant 8-28-29.jpg

C99 x LGB JustTops 9-8-19.jpg

Guest PlantLady

Here it is in the Zen garden...it is the front left plant. You can see it is just slightly smaller than the Ruby Red Gorilla Bubble to its right. Can only imagine what this plant would have done if it hadn't been inadvertently abused...

Enclosure 8-26-19.jpg

Guest PlantLady

Thanks, @unregistered190 !

Yeah, must admit I am pretty excited about this, my first grow. Looking like I may be able to figure this out and do well, given time and a big infusion of knowledge from all the kind folk here.

Just especially proud of this tough plant...bringing it back from the verge of death and having it end up so big and beautiful! Gosh, I am praying to every god I have ever heard of (and you hear of a lot in art history classes) that frost/freeze will hold off long enough for at least some of these to finish. And more importantly, staging 10' wide and 20' wide, hundred foot rolls of 6 mil poly and cattle panels and field fencing and wire and t-posts - I will cover the whole enclosure if I have to!

• 3 weeks later...

@PlantLady  the lime gorilla bubble was a real vigerous plant with nice lime citris aroma/flavors with a good bit of a stretch, the c99 was a f2  of a comb mix of 3 diffrent c99s ,with pineapple/grapefruit aroma/taste , it also was a very vigerous plant.

im shoting for a nice citris aroma/taste ,both the C99 an LGB had about the sane plant structer, you will be the first one to grow some out, they should grow to be nice big plants , looking foward to seeing this one finesh out for you 

the c99 mom was my #1 pick out of 7 females an was real potent

Guest PlantLady

@dawn patrol  You are going to be so happy you popped those seeds!!!

@Bugman  You did good with this one!

Had to do an emergency partial harvest Saturday night as frost threatened. Had put up circles of 4.5' tall field fence around each plant for support. So I harvested everything above the fence circles, so that we could cover the whole enclosure (48'x40') with 6 mil plastic. The fence circles held up the plastic nicely, and we attached the plastic to the perimeter cattle panel fence with spring clamps. Luckily, it only got down to 42, and we got a headstart on our first ever outdoor harvest. OMG, OMG - this is so much fun, my face hurts from smiling so much.

Here is the plant 3 weeks after the above pictures...moments before its first haircut (hehe)

C99 x LGB 9-28-19.jpg

Guest PlantLady

Here is a picture that shows the true mass of all those gorgeous tops! If you look real close at the center of the picure, you will be able to see a bright blue BiC lighter. It ended up looking like a candelabra someone stuck pillar candles on rather than thin tapers.

This plant should not be used to judge structure...it was inadvertently abused as a young one, forcing it into flower far too young. I repossessed it and coaxed it back to vegging - but it sure looked weird. I pruned it into the best shape I could...

This picture is of the part I harvested...and the first I harvested!

C99 x LGB above fence circle.jpg

Guest PlantLady

And here is what I ended up with...10 branches, the entire back row. Most are right around 24". And there is more than half the plant left growing!

The two extra branches in front on the left are the first two of Ruby Red Gorilla Bubble.

I really like the scent of this one - perfectly ripe pineapple with a hint of lime sharpness...yummmm! This past week you could smell it just walking past the enclosure - around 12' away. Great, long-lasting heady buzz - perfect for working in the gardens or doing things. This harvest, about 80-85% cloudy trichomes and a rare palest amber.

If the weather cooperates, hope to harvest again next week and then the following week. See how we like the effects then, and give us a chance to get what we have harvested trimmed. And make room in the drying shed for more! Wow, I seriously underestimated how much room I would need for that! I'm guessing this first partial harvest is about 10% of what is out there - and my drying shed is half full! What an amazingly wonderful problem to have! (hehe) Although the former hay hoophouse just happens to be empty...just need to throw a tarp over it. Handy how that worked out!

I will update with pretty bud pictures after I get some trimmed. And let you know how the final harvest(s) go. I don't have any prior knowledge to go by, but sure looks like a great yielder to me! Especially when you consider how it was inadvertently abused while young. It ended up being one of my 3 most massive plants. Ruby Red Gorilla Bubble was just huge, but this one and Duckweb #1 were about the same mass. 

C99 x LGB First Harvest 9-28-19.jpg

Guest dawn patrol

Well mine will all be container grown so I won't get the biomass you have, but I'm hoping for some goodness - I thought that could be an amazing cross when I read the description.

Props to @Bugman :passing-joint-smiley-emoticon:

Guest PlantLady

Well, I only popped two seeds, one grew. And I ended up with this beauty...so I don't think anyone would have a problem finding something really, really good like this one! Just love the smell and the effects are top notch.

But, as everyone should remember, this is my first grow...so I don't have a base of knowledge to base my judgements on. Irregardless, I think it is excellent!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest PlantLady

I will return soon to tell you just how wonderfully this turned out...amazing! Right now I am up to my hips in trimming...just don't have the time to do justice to describing this marvelous plant!

13 hours ago, PlantLady said:

I will return soon to tell you just how wonderfully this turned out...amazing! Right now I am up to my hips in trimming...just don't have the time to do justice to describing this marvelous plant!

Sounds like a  great time to call in your smoking buddies !!

Archived