Doug58

Hoping the weather holds for my Gooey 13 in Northern Michigan

Doug58

I ended up with way to much from the gooey 13 for what I need. About 1/4 lb got over dried. I'll likely use that for edibles. Some of the autoflowering plants I grew seem to effect me less as flower when smoked but make a killer infused olive oil for cooking brownies, the only edibles I've made so far. Just swallowing a tablespoon of olive oil with give some serious psychoactive effects from trim I used in my first batch. All sugar leave trim from various strains.

But none of the autoflowering strains can come close to the potency of the gooey 13 I grew. My first harvest from the plant was dried to 62% RH and has held that moisture level through curing. I haven't touched that half gallon jar as far as smoking. Anytime I smoke the gooey 13 it comes from some of my smaller jars (quarts) or a small container of over dried flower. I actually harvested from the plant over a two week period, the last harvest I started finding budrot as the weather went from bad to worse. The last harvested buds were the ones that got over dried as I was trying to head of mold and intend to make hash from it.

I had an autoflower plant I didn't even bother to harvest before snow fell. It never finished after running months past its expected finish date, I got a couple ounces from it but was drying in a paper bag when my furnace started for the Winter and relative humidity in the house went down to 39%. I'll likely just through it in the bucket when I make some hash.

I've been too busy preparing to be snowed in for five months to make any recently but I smoked a tiny bowl of gooey 13 late this afternoon sprinkled with kief from my grinder and within 15 minutes I decided I needed to sleep and was out for three hours, I hadn't slept the night before and finally got some sleep.

Sounds like the first recreational dispensaries will be opening in a few days but there will be none within hundreds of miles of me anytime soon. Not that I would need anything but would like to see the difference in potency from what I grew this years. I'll probably put all my growing equipment away before Summer in 2020 and just start a couple plants for growing outside just to try different grow methods.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use Guidelines Privacy Policy and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..