EEEK! There's a Gorilla in My Garden - Ruby Red!

Guest PlantLady

@PlantLady  looking great!   Seems you are very in tune 🙂    Can't wait to see your face and hear your voice in pure joy once those buds start to form.   Lol, then even more so once you sample them in December after a bit of a cure.

Hehehe......"Smoking cannabis isn't addictive.  Growing it is."  -unknown

Here is that cut at Day 27

RRG1day27a.thumb.jpg.4703dfcf94a754ceafecf9d8d5ad0743.jpgRRG2day27a.thumb.jpg.877eab18b6d86f14becb483b52c51bb0.jpg

The cut you have is on the left, the plant on the right was the glue leaner....

808718276_RRG21day27.thumb.jpg.726888b8e54d6e3d5247ef06d4130ce4.jpg

Guest PlantLady

@Tonygreen  Thank you so much for the great detailed info on this awesome plant! And especially for taking the time to share it with me (and everyone else) with all you have going on now! Please thank your wife and little ones for allowing us to borrow you occasionally. 

Whatever that sfv og is, it must be something special...I bet I see that as a component in one out of three strains I have been looking up.

Guest PlantLady

@GoodEnergyGrower  <This awesome guy is the reason I have such a pretty plant...he did all the hard work of growing out a whole bunch of females and knowing how to select "the good one", growing it out to test and then growing out a beautiful clone to share with me. Along with sharing the knowledge needed to keep his work alive and holding my hand while I do so!  

Right now I am in total panic mode (yeah, again - hehe)...37 degrees last night only 45 miles northwest (Houghton Lake), 35 degrees an hour north (Grayling). EEEK! I bought a roll of 10'x100' 6 mil poly yesterday and already have a 20' x 100' roll...so I can cover the entire enclosure when needed - IF we can figure out the best way to hold the plastic up off the tall ones. Just kickin' myself for not setting things up as I had been thinking of doing...cattle panel hoophouses to set them out early, remove the plastic for summer, then still have the framework up to easily cover again in fall. Duuuhhhh. Luckily, have experience covering a garden so its do-able...just wish I had went the hoophouse route...oh well, next year...

It looks like mine is just a bit more advanced than the one pictured...hoping, oh am I hoping this one gets a chance to finish! I can protect it from frost, but if we get a hard freeze I will probably cry.

Ha @PlantLadyyour plants r looking killer, your gona love the RRGB alot of aroma/taste in those.

an yea where you r you should of built that hoop house to help keep it covered in late flower, but next year youll be ready for anything an everything

Guest PlantLady

@Bugman  Yeah, got seduced by the idea of how pretty 12-15' tall plants would be, and these hoophouses can't be that tall without costing a fortune...so made a poor judgement call. But heck, at 60 yrs old, getting used to that (hehe). As long as I make a different one each time, I am doing ok. And its not like I don't usually end up doing this frost protection thing for at least some parts of the garden each and every year...so glad we don't live any further north!!! 

This weekend will post about your pretty C99 x LGB I have growing. Think I will put it in the Member Made Seeds area, if that is ok? Or let me know if I should put it elsewhere.

That is one tough plant - managed to pull it back from the brink of death, due to my brothers inadvertent abuse of the poor thing. And now it is big and glorious...wow.

Archived