Xmas Bud

inhaletime

Humbled to see these above the soil. :passing-joint-smiley-emoticon: Big up to @zoot and @Comacus

I grew up in FL and this was one of the first strains I can remember that blew me away.  

These are whats left of 5. My first attempt was unsuccessfully sprouting, I soaked 2 seeds in  distilled water and placed in paper towel for a day or so until tap roots emerged, planted and they sprouted.. but both of them seemed to strangle their selfs with their own seed pod. Looked like they were struggling to break the pod.  I tried to break them apart as carefully as I could my self but they were really stuck in there. .

After seeing that, I then germinated the remaining 3 in distilled water a few drops of zeus juice in a shot glass to help soften the shell. That seemed to work really well, seeds showed tapped roots the next day..I will have to play with that more. 

68398741_346812156207315_5586279218183929856_n.thumb.jpg.081847a903153431086746093367f396.jpg

🤞🤞 🤞🤞 🤞🤞 

Guest dawn patrol
8 hours ago, inhaletime said:

I grew up in FL and this was one of the first strains I can remember that blew me away.  

If ya don't mind sharing, roughly where in Florida and roughly when?

Central Florida here and pretty much all my life. 

Started smoking in the late 70's and had amazingly consistent piney weed for about the next decade and then it disappeared when the WLD stuff made it east.

Dealers called it Gainesville Green, this may be about as close to it as I'll ever find again.

I have some cuts rooting of '79 Xmas Bud a buddy is growing out, but I was too stoned to remember much else about it at the time but I'm sure I can find out pretty quickly. 

Luckily the bag was labeled and they all seemed to be healthy so I'll know myself here in a few months.

@dawn patrol yoo I grew up in Citrus County, nothing what it used to be like there. Moved away around 2009, I still go back when I can but its not as often as I would like. 

Yeh the Pine is what I remember with it, super sticky too.. im really trying to think hard about it because its basically the only strain I ever heard of when I lived there, everything else was just mexibrick. But I was young still too so I didnt know too much.. I always thought it was just some made up stuff, ive been reading all over the net about it now, cool story for sure that surrounds it. 

i remember the gainesvills green back in the days, i grew out some xmas bud crosses a while back, the only thing i remember about them was Big buds,i think i still got some seeds.

Guest dawn patrol
On 8/14/2019 at 10:11 AM, inhaletime said:

@dawn patrol yoo I grew up in Citrus County, nothing what it used to be like there. Moved away around 2009, I still go back when I can but its not as often as I would like. 

Yeh the Pine is what I remember with it, super sticky too.. im really trying to think hard about it because its basically the only strain I ever heard of when I lived there, everything else was just mexibrick. But I was young still too so I didnt know too much.. I always thought it was just some made up stuff, ive been reading all over the net about it now, cool story for sure that surrounds it. 

You were north of me, but I spent a lot of years hunting between Inverness and Dunellon on a big ranch so I know the area pretty well.

Yeah, piney, sticky goodness.  I don't think it ever occurred to us back then to even ask for anything else, it was light years better than anything else we had ever seen.

There's a dude that recently surfaced that claims he invented it.  He's signed a deal with one of the medical companies and they will supposedly bring it to market shortly.

I've gotten seed from Hawaii that was supposed to be GG that a dude stole from a harvest one year and high tailed to the west coast and then on to the islands - it wasn't bad smoke but it wasn't what I knew as GG.

I was introduced about 18 months ago to an old guy who was a pilot flying loads from the Caribbean into the big bend.  he said he had no idea what it was called, but from what I described, he said he flew tons of it into florida.

So who knows what the truth really is, I just hope at this point I can find something close...

@dawn patrol Yes, there was some good hunting in out there! All of my friends would take about going hunting on the weekends.

Funny Im sure you saw my face around town, I was in the newspapers a bit for things I accomplished throughout school. 

That dude flying it around... damn that had to be some fun. I always daydream about FL in the 60-70's. Had to be one cool time. Thats pretty much when my dad moved out there. He's got some amazing stories of camping and crazy things they used to do. Now all of its either gone or its illegal. ..

Love all the talk around this strain though, kinda like some tall story.

Guest dawn patrol

Sounds like I'm more around your Dad's age, I spent most of my time around Inverness/Dunellon in the 70's and 80's.

The ranch we used to hunt was subdivided to a large extent, but fortunately the state grabbed a sizable chunk and turned it into a preserve around 15 years ago.  Was just there last winter and there are still recognizable parts from way back when, we even managed to find a couple of our old camping spots.

In the mid to late 80's I started hunted the big bend from Chasawitzka all the way up into all that St Joe land north of Steinhatchee.  It was literally the wild west, no bag limits, no legal shooting hours, hell we'd be kept awake at night by all the shooting from guys jacklighting and running dogs.  Go into "town" for breakfast and the cocaine cowboys would show up after a long night of "working" with their big cowboy hats and jacked up customized trucks and anybody that wasn't local (and it was obvious we weren't) got the big stink eye and intimidation even if you were still in camo.

You get to know some things growing up on the beaches and that went double up there.  We got our tent slashed a time or two and all kinds of stuff dumped on our cars, but fortunately no real vandalism or damage to the vehicles.  We kept working our way north to try to find better spots to hunt, but the further north we went, the more smuggling activity we seemed to run across.  By 1990 I gave up hunting on public land in Florida.

If there was ever a time to be a criminal in Florida, the 70's and 80's were prime - very little law enforcement presence, no technology to speak of and if you took the time to learn it and know it, just an unbelievable amount of space to operate on land, sea and in the air.

Good to see some home grown boys in here. Hernando co. here. Love me some pine weed but like you guys haven't seen it around. Hoping to find it again. I just seen one of our buddy's just dropped his Christmas bud beans @dawn patrol. Ol Hugh did. I'm going to go thru some romulan f5 that's suppose to be piney so fingers x

@dawn patrol

Too cool, I bet you saw some beautiful nights out there.. I hung out a bit around cheifland and oldtown.. love that river and the springs around there.. Most of my time I spent surfing in FL though. Flagler all the way down to right in front of Patrick AFB.. Miss that water for sure right now! 

Guest dawn patrol
17 hours ago, flboy said:

Good to see some home grown boys in here. Hernando co. here. Love me some pine weed but like you guys haven't seen it around. Hoping to find it again. I just seen one of our buddy's just dropped his Christmas bud beans @dawn patrol. Ol Hugh did. I'm going to go thru some romulan f5 that's suppose to be piney so fingers x

Yeah he gave me cuts but most were males so he's popping more to what turns up.  The only thing piney I had were Verdant Greens PTK and the rats ate those down to the stalks.....

5 hours ago, dawn patrol said:

Yeah he gave me cuts but most were males so he's popping more to what turns up.  The only thing piney I had were Verdant Greens PTK and the rats ate those down to the stalks.....

Damn bro that sucks. I know he's got the ptk as well. He ended up with all females and I had all males. Still have hopes for the romulan

• 4 months later...
On 8/19/2019 at 10:39 PM, dawn patrol said:

I was just over to visit the ole boy. Seen a female or 2 when i was there

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Trailerparkshine said:

So did anyone finish these is there a place to see some smoke reports or grow journals..I'm looking into some Xmas strains..

Ill check to see how my buddy is coming with his

• 1 year later...

I have a bunch of xmas bud crossed an plain xmas bud beans if anyone wants to run some I believe I have it crossed to ghost og, momma gooey, bubba kush ,an a few others

Archived