LAB OF JAWS !!..

JAWS

ok so here a few days ago i put up a pic of the WRECK i'm going to reverse, as i was doing that i seen on one of my blue dreams about 4 seed pods and the only thing those could have came from was the ALIEN COOKIES f1 male i had at the time..

seed-2.thumb.JPG.61e274da8a6b8e37e4810dbfbe54cb0a.JPG

seed-3.thumb.JPG.29ae472dd9a15d0dccdeaa69f8aace76.JPG

so it's clear to see that this seed is 100% done and mature, thing is the plant it came from is still very very much into vegging and still 6-8 weeks from even going to flower...this tells me one thing and that is that it's 100% possible for a vegging plant to produce viable fully mature seeds...

fun fact  ..

seed-1.JPG

• Like 6
  • Great Advice 1
  • Yummy 1

Damn, that’s a game changer.

Makes me wonder if seeds created in veg as  opposed to seeds created in flower, would transfer different genetics of mom and dad??? Say in veg you see a 20/70 and in flower you get a 60/40? 

I see you figured out how to upload your pic too, very nice 👍🏼

• Like 3
  • Nice Job 1

i'm going to be hopefully running some ORANGE BANANA STARDAWG F1 2-A in here in this new run, have found two males already though this morning which is ok i guess but i can't do a run with males i need at least one female to make the show go on..

so the ORANGE BANANA STARDAWG project has been going on for 6-8 months now and in the last grow i finished the 4 PIECE'S i wanted to get done for the project as a whole...it's a little confusing but then again no not really, i want to do a walk through on what i'm doing here at the LAB just in case i become a full time and long time member..

ORANGE BANANA KUSH F1---ORANGE LARRY * BANANA KUSH first made back in 2011, this piece is where this in tire project starts from..

TWO main phenos from the OBK the #1 is the banana pheno ppl call it pudding/peel/candy what ever you want it is very banana for-sure..the #2 pheno is the orange larry pheno which is the most intense orange terps i have ever ran across..

STARDAWG F1 original pack from way back..

TWO main phenos here are the A---CHEM 4 & B---CHEM D....sadly the only female i got was the CHEM 4 pheno, but so happy i did get both CHEM 4 & CHEM D in the male side of things..

goal here was to mix and match everything best i could out the gate to hopefully further things down the road as i move through testing the 4 PIECE'S..need to get them tested through this year and testing has begun so i hope all things come together for-sure.

the 4 PIECE'S are.

ORANGE BANANA STARDAWG F1 1-A

ORANGE BANANA STARDAWG F1 2-A

ORANGE BANANA STARDAWG F1 1-B

ORANGE BANANA STARDAWG F1 2-B

those have all been made now, i just finished with a small batch of the OBSD 2-B...

also not way could i pop my remaining stardawg f1 and not make any f2's..

STARDAWG F2 1-A

STARDAWG F2 1-B

those ^^ will not be released those are for future work as they are needed, i did sell 4 pack's i believe for a site update...zero coin in my hand from that all coin went to up grade the site i was at...

there was this other project that i was going to do and i made the first part but decided it was to much to be doing at the same time i was doing the OBSD project...the project was the WHITE BANANA STARDAWG project i did get the first piece made and that piece is the WHITE BANANA STARDAWG F1 2-B the 2 is the white pheno breed to the chem d {b} father...

peace  ..

• Like 3
  • Nice Job 2

@zoot

ya got the pic thing under control now all good..

ya that could be a project for some one in the future i don't have time for anything like that right now, i'm swapped with to many projects as it is, nice line of thought though for-sure..

peace  ..

• Like 2
  • Nice Job 1

ok so let me list up for you folks what i have in my vegging area at the moment..

first want to say i did just harvest on Sunday so i finally got all my little ones out of the closet area and man were they getting cramped pretty good, spent like 6-8 weeks in there..there in the 5x5 now and under the 1000 will veg for another 4-6 weeks then flower..during that time i will get the TRAINWRECK reversed get my males all figured out and take what ever clones i need/want for the next run..

the list..

CLONES

STARDAWG F1

BLUE DREAM santa cruz

DECAPITATION F2

ALIEN COOKIES F2 #5

FRUITY PEBBLE OG F2

COOKIE MED'S F1

CHERRY AK-47 old school cut

ORANGE BANANA KUSH #2 F1

ALIEN BLOCKHEAD F1

COOKIE WRECK CUT

ALIEN COOKIES F1

LEGION OG FEM CUT

ORANGE BANANA KUSH #1 F1

TRAINWRECK arcata cut

MYSTERY PIECE 

BUBBLEGUM

RASPBERRY OGEE F1

BIGBUD #1

BIGBUD #3

SEEDS 

CHOCOLATE MED'S F1

BLUE DREAM S1

ALIEN COOKIES F2 #9

COOKIE CARGO F1 V2 has been killed, was a male

ya thinks that's all  ..

• Like 5
  • Nice Job 2

I’ve made a lot of seeds with veg moms as it is a really safe easy way to get a few beans without f’n up all your meds... basically I just don’t up pot any males I get so they go into a stress flower situation then they will pollinate any preflowers the moms/females have and you will get 10-50 beans off a decent plant in a 3gal.. I’ve even got 4-6 of really small clones as they preflower younger than seeds...

still takes 30+ days to mature but it’s easy to see the calyx go brown when the seed matures..

prettysure the genetic information is the same... never seen any variation.. of the plants are both sexually mature enough to preflower then they can become fertilized...I think regardless of most other inputs genes will combine i a similar fashion..

i like doing this outside to... before I kill males I will keep them going till right before the females flower then dust them and chop the male. Can get 100 seeds even just off the female preflowers of a large plant, and it doesn’t seem to hurt bud development as long as the crown isn’t nugging  up yet.

cheers

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Nice Job 2
15 minutes ago, Coastal said:

I’ve made a lot of seeds with veg moms as it is a really safe easy way to get a few beans without f’n up all your meds... basically I just don’t up pot any males I get so they go into a stress flower situation then they will pollinate any preflowers the moms/females have and you will get 10-50 beans off a decent plant in a 3gal.. I’ve even got 4-6 of really small clones as they preflower younger than seeds...

still takes 30+ days to mature but it’s easy to see the calyx go brown when the seed matures..

prettysure the genetic information is the same... never seen any variation.. of the plants are both sexually mature enough to preflower then they can become fertilized...I think regardless of most other inputs genes will combine i a similar fashion..

i like doing this outside to... before I kill males I will keep them going till right before the females flower then dust them and chop the male. Can get 100 seeds even just off the female preflowers of a large plant, and it doesn’t seem to hurt bud development as long as the crown isn’t nugging  up yet.

cheers

This is why I love this place..

2 hours ago, JAWS said:

ok so let me list up for you folks what i have in my vegging area at the moment..

first want to say i did just harvest on Sunday so i finally got all my little ones out of the closet area and man were they getting cramped pretty good, spent like 6-8 weeks in there..there in the 5x5 now and under the 1000 will veg for another 4-6 weeks then flower..during that time i will get the TRAINWRECK reversed get my males all figured out and take what ever clones i need/want for the next run..

the list..

CLONES

STARDAWG F1

BLUE DREAM santa cruz

DECAPITATION F2

ALIEN COOKIES F2 #5

FRUITY PEBBLE OG F2

COOKIE MED'S F1

CHERRY AK-47 old school cut

ORANGE BANANA KUSH #2 F1

ALIEN BLOCKHEAD F1

COOKIE WRECK CUT

ALIEN COOKIES F1

LEGION OG FEM CUT

ORANGE BANANA KUSH #1 F1

TRAINWRECK arcata cut

MYSTERY PIECE 

BUBBLEGUM

RASPBERRY OGEE F1

BIGBUD #1

BIGBUD #3

SEEDS 

CHOCOLATE MED'S F1

BLUE DREAM S1

ALIEN COOKIES F2 #9

COOKIE CARGO F1 V2 has been killed, was a male

ya thinks that's all  ..

Awsome line up....I had train wreck but not the arcata cut...will be looking foreward to some!

@Coastal

i think i'm going to just give this a shot on purpose this time, i have a few in pre flower early as in little double hairs here-n-there so i think i will break out some pollen and and dust and mark..

something to do while i wait to flip  ..

@Hoosier Daddy Genetics

it's the only wreck i have ever had/worked with, got her way back in 2006-7 from cough cough err..

peace  ..

• Like 1
  • Great Advice 1

finally got my part for my chamber and pump, took only 6 fning weeks...women kept asking me to go to the hardware store and just try to buy one...HAHAHA i'm like no i order this from you and you forgot a very important part and you need to resend it to me..

now i'm back in business and can get back to making some great shatter, stepped up to a 5 gallon chamber so this should make things a bit easier for-sure, just in time to seeing i just harvested two days ago...will de seed everything and use that to make all my shatter like always...

peace  ..

• Like 3
  • Yummy 1

@JAWS I have had the best results/most seeds using rootbound females as well.. they seem to make more hairs.. but produce less bud if you need to flower them after.. I purposely have put a few cuts into small pots and let them get stressed to produce way more preflower.. this worked very well with some varieties, but I have found doing this veg seed thing that if I say up pot the seeded plant or change the conditions some varieties won’t make seed or they will fall of before forming mature seed, others have no issues..

seems no no real relation to leaf shape as I had great sucsess with an old Thai NLD and lots of WLD.. but some didn’t want to put the energy into that it seems and the calyx just stay empty... I found that these look like they have no actual hair so not sure if it dies before or after I tried to pollinate, but just fwiw when I tried a big veg room not all took..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Nice Job 1

@Coastal

ya not going to put a lot into this, just mainly want to see if i can seed at will in veg...i'll watch things closely to see how things move along and if it's a success great if not no big deal, at least i can say i gave it a try..

something for fun really that's all  ..

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, JAWS said:

@Coastal

ya not going to put a lot into this, just mainly want to see if i can seed at will in veg...i'll watch things closely to see how things move along and if it's a success great if not no big deal, at least i can say i gave it a try..

something for fun really that's all  ..

1 hour ago, Coastal said:

@JAWS I have had the best results/most seeds using rootbound females as well.. they seem to make more hairs.. but produce less bud if you need to flower them after.. I purposely have put a few cuts into small pots and let them get stressed to produce way more preflower.. this worked very well with some varieties, but I have found doing this veg seed thing that if I say up pot the seeded plant or change the conditions some varieties won’t make seed or they will fall of before forming mature seed, others have no issues..

seems no no real relation to leaf shape as I had great sucsess with an old Thai NLD and lots of WLD.. but some didn’t want to put the energy into that it seems and the calyx just stay empty... I found that these look like they have no actual hair so not sure if it dies before or after I tried to pollinate, but just fwiw when I tried a big veg room not all took..

Im very interested in your results...and @coastal  experience in this...especially with old landrace sativas.

@Hoosier Daddy Genetics I can take some pics... I’m doing this right now with a few lemon Larry x hash plant... old reeferman f2 I believe..

and a few other varieties..

im doing both the males and females in 2 gallons and they are full size (5’+) , the males one flowered a bit by itself, and that pollinated some preflowers, but I dropped the other male and the females to get a bit more stress/preflowers.., I should be able to get 100+/~ seeds off each plant I hope and still be able to getmostly smokable flowers after.

interested to see how jaws does with stored pollen to as I’ve never actually tried paint brushing the pre flower hairs but I bet it will work great for getting just a few seeds for preservation etc etc.

• Nice Job 1

looks like i'm getting a lot of males in this first run of the OBSD 2-A..

this is three of the 4 males iv'e seen so far, the one in the middle is the one i wanted to keep in the beginning but now i think i'm going to go with the one to the right in the pic's...he smells strong of ORANGE so him to his very strong orange sister will be the ticket in this round..

339322188_orangebananastardawgf12-a-1.thumb.JPG.7c69537be63fe61d67a74464cf96ac64.JPG

813723294_orangebananastardawgf12-a-2.thumb.JPG.87ef34813579fcdbe075070eebb6a7be.JPG

man i do not have many left un sexed so i sure hope the other couple are females for-sure..

peace  ..

• Like 2

quick look at the 5x5 getting full with the next round, still vegging and will for another 4-6 weeks..

88.thumb.JPG.3632becbe5d56faf2205f5c137131643.JPG89.thumb.JPG.23b0b704ab8cb6df38d2d4b8b081028e.JPG91.thumb.JPG.5759fcdd31cd112a845a0504c1ea207b.JPG90.thumb.JPG.eaa8911afb1bed769e30f71cab1d7d11.JPG

that last pic is mainly of the big ass blue dream !!...

peace  ..

• Like 3
  • Nice Job 2

ya going to run 33 in here and the rest in the 4x4..

hoping to do better this round then the last, going to go about 80% seeded this time...at some point i'll reach the 90% mark on the seed making, just no coin in bud production any more...fill like i waste space every time i harvest and see how much i lost in the process of using space for bud making plant's...

we shall see  ..

• Like 1

ok so i have decided to hit a vegging BIG BUD with some COCOA PEBBLES pollen and leave in veg for at least another month, pollen is a tad over 4 years old so we shall see if this works or not..

side not all but one of my OBSD F1 2-A have shown to be male 😢 really really hoping this last one is a female, still going to work the orange male and gather his magic dust...

umm lastly the S1 BLUE DREAM seeds i was given at least one is clearly not what it's suppose to be, just now pulled it and it's a full blown male plant with very nice sac clusters..putting this one in the hybrid category which does me no good, still waiting on the second one to shoe sex...how ever after the first one showing to be a hybrid i'm reasonably sure even if the second one shows to be female it's most likely just another hybrid of some sort and again does me no good at all, i will run her out for-sure if she's a girl but wont be doing anything with her and not even sure if a cut needs to be taken...after this i think i'm going to have to make sure both GSC S1 are up front so i can keep an eye on them as well, they came from the same person soo..

the male BLUE DREAM now dead...

male-1-1.thumb.JPG.d755f0e4de6d70a75a5a9275af957710.JPGmale-1-2.thumb.JPG.70ad3a14af69b5de02528f46fe11c68c.JPG

peace  ..

• Like 4
1 hour ago, JAWS said:

ok so i have decided to hit a vegging BIG BUD with some COCOA PEBBLES pollen and leave in veg for at least another month, pollen is a tad over 4 years old so we shall see if this works or not..

side not all but one of my OBSD F1 2-A have shown to be male 😢 really really hoping this last one is a female, still going to work the orange male and gather his magic dust...

umm lastly the S1 BLUE DREAM seeds i was given at least one is clearly not what it's suppose to be, just now pulled it and it's a full blown male plant with very nice sac clusters..putting this one in the hybrid category which does me no good, still waiting on the second one to shoe sex...how ever after the first one showing to be a hybrid i'm reasonably sure even if the second one shows to be female it's most likely just another hybrid of some sort and again does me no good at all, i will run her out for-sure if she's a girl but wont be doing anything with her and not even sure if a cut needs to be taken...after this i think i'm going to have to make sure both GSC S1 are up front so i can keep an eye on them as well, they came from the same person soo..

the male BLUE DREAM now dead...

male-1-1.thumb.JPG.d755f0e4de6d70a75a5a9275af957710.JPGmale-1-2.thumb.JPG.70ad3a14af69b5de02528f46fe11c68c.JPG

peace  ..

Out of about 8 of us trying to reverse that Santa Cruz BD cut we got maybe 10 seeds. We tried about ever way.I think classic got a couple or 3 seeds w floros and CS another guy got a few w sts...he was even soaking the soil w it.

I found 2 seeds deep in a bud in 1 I grew. I grew them out they were both female but weren't exactly like the mom.They were good more skunky smell and taste.

A friend gave me some seeds made w 2 of your strains I think. I gave a few to my buddy to grow out. He really likes it.  Nice job. Ive heard  a lot of good things about your stuff

."...chem soda cargo x decapitation is impresssive. Killer yield and real strong smoke."

Chem soda cargo x decapitation  about 50dys

CC5CA40A-0BE6-49FF-AFC7-77713CD1C706.thumb.jpeg.41f0e04c652fe0b96426027175d32b7d.jpegDF4BCCD0-9BCE-47A5-8E9C-29EF6D922C75.thumb.jpeg.67099458e76cf7ec3bf4206b5867d64d.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Nice Job 2

@Hoosier Daddy Genetics

sorry my friend i can not, i had one very old seed and i popped it and it was a female..this is the main reason why i only made freebie seeds with it, same thing with the mystery piece i work with it was not what it was suppose to be but it was still a very nice piece so i use it mixed with the super skunk pollen and use them as freebies..

@texasjack

ya i could give it a go if ppl were interested i have the santa cruz here with me now, have not thought much about reversing her though but i could try...revering the arcata again for more fem seeds in that direction, have a small wreck plant now with fem seeds on her frame but not many it was a bitch yet again to get the pollen off the reversed piece...every time i work with the wreck in this manner it's a huge pain in the ass because the wreck is so tight budded and very very sticky, i'll be trying again here shortly...i had one prepped and ready to be reversed but i decided i wanted to grow here out so i grabbed the next biggest one and i'm now waiting for her to get a bit bigger before i start the reversing process...

glad you liked that hybrid !  who made that one ??..

peace  ..

• Like 1