LAB OF JAWS !!..

JAWS

Guest Hans Bruder

Isn't the cherry ak47 clone only?

How did you get reg seeds if so?

Can you point me in the direction where one could buy some f2's?

Is there much of a cherry smell/ flavor to the ak's? Never grown them before, but heard much about them.

Thank you for your time.

no cherry ak-47 was never a clone only strain, it was found in some early ak-47 seeds and at that time the cherry was not a crazed over phenol so ppl just did not look into it further. at some point the cherry phenol became something then that's when ppl started looking for it. i guess a cut was passed around and it got the "TAG" clone only, i guess ppl back then just did not want to buy/go through and ak-47 seeds to look for there own cherry phenol. the phenol was only present in the early ak-47 work after that it was breed out and the cherry phenol in reg seed form was lost, how ever ppl "like me" who still had some regular early worked ak-47 still had a shot at finding the cherry phenol. i how ever was not lucky enough to find a cherry female but i did find 3 very cherry males, at around the same time i was gifted a cut of the cherry ak-47 which was awesome because i had just found the cherry phenol in 3 males. so ya from there it was just hitting cherry cut with the fresh f1 cherry pollen i had and bam you have cherry ak-47 in regular seed form.

after the seeds were made i was told by some one that if i released the f2 as "CHERRY AK-47" i would be sued so i released them as "CHERRY MED'S" only a couple years later i found out that what i was told back then about getting sued was just some bullshit, at this point i just started calling them what they were 'CHERRY AK-47 F2".

i have no ide who might still have some, my two vendors were the only ones i sent them too and if there out then there is no more in bulk that i know of. i have some of my own but there not for sale.

like i said if enough ppl still want some i'll make some f3 but the want will have to be high and my vendors will have to ask me to make them.

peace  ..

• Like 4

Simon said he never found an ak47 pheno he would call cherry. This is what he said in 2010 regarding the AK 47 cherry pheno....

About the Cherry pheno in Ak-47 I'm not sure what to answer. You could say this is something which started on the net between people who grew Serious' AK-47. Several growers agreed that a certain type of the AK-47, which they grew and smoked, has a very sweet and cherry-like taste. Other growers seem to recognize this taste and smell, and so the 'Cherry AK-47 phenotype' was born.

As you might know it is very difficult to discuss tastes or to name, describe, a smell or taste objectively. Consequently I don't know exactly what they mean when growers talk about this. Some friends once tasted what a grower called cherry taste and said that you have to use a bit of imagination to recognize it. But was what they tried a real 'Cherry' AK-47 or was it just a close sister? So, we don't really know if what 'they' name cherry would be recognized as a cherry-taste by others, or not.

I have seen on numerous occasions that when people were smoking something, that several people named the taste different from the others; spicey, sweet, fruity, sandalwood, vanilla-ish, piney etc. all were used independently from each other. And who was right?

We have tasted many AK-plants, a fruity kind of sweetness is easily recognized in many of them, but we don't know which taste to call cherry. The total number of AK-47 seeds grown by growers worldwide is much bigger then we could ever trie in our test rooms, so the possibility that some find a rare and fantastic individual is very real. We get reports from people who claim to find Cherry-pheno's in every seedpack, while others say 1 out of a 100 plants is a Cherry. This alone shows that nobody knows what the other is talking about.

Nobody has showed us a clone so far of a 'Cherry', so the basic line is that there is no standard on what the charecteristics of the 'Cherry AK-47 phenotype' really is. But for us it is interesting to see that many people do find something which they are very happy with, and call 'cherry'.

So we think it is best to let growers carry on with this, as they certainly might be right. This is a myth of which it is not known by us if true or false. Several experienced knowledgeable growers think it is true, and others agree to this, so who are we to say they are wrong???

May be the only way to find out is to actually grow the AK-47 out yourself to see what YOU think.

Sincerely,
Simon

p.s. We are very much interested in getting clones from people who are certain to have a Cherry AK-47. This should lead to creating a standard on what the 'Cherry' pheno is. Till then we can only give the information given above when asked about the 'Cherry AK-47 phenotype'.

• Like 5

the mother i used. clearly different grows of her but still all from the cut i was gifted.

28.thumb.JPG.01dfe3657520dcf47a0732c582f86cf6.JPG35.thumb.JPG.a741a24e874b2fba1db884c4ce105ffa.JPG44.thumb.JPG.5edc4ef7815c9b651550c6fb12bbf637.JPG45.thumb.JPG.8196860013cb99d9b5a8dc6d60144b19.JPG87.thumb.JPG.d5fb0b62e947cf9e771aef8fe9909272.JPG111.thumb.JPG.fadeb54ea09a528fbfa77808ce5738da.JPG

this mother had cherry for-sure but it did take several weeks before it was in your face. the best part about this work was the f1 male i found and used to make the f2's, he was full on cherry ludens cough drop all damn day.

peace  ..

• Like 5

the father, again these pics are from different grows.

12.thumb.JPG.47a0b1e89283072972792207bf9cfe60.JPG21.thumb.JPG.ab8cc068cbf7b403cc9666ee3a2316d4.JPG43.thumb.JPG.8ba22778e2bf98a2631a68cfd974a0c1.JPG41.thumb.JPG.8c93d8eecdcb71bf2114f8da3830258b.JPG

wished i had taken way way way more pollen of this dude before i lost him.

peace  ..

• Like 4

I have some cherry star dawg I am growing out she's all most done. From early on set she just smelled  like a tart fruit. Mid flower strait up cherry tart and this last week or two of life she smells greasy / tart cherry.

• Like 3
  • Nice Job 1

the reversed female.

429996575_cherryak-47-4.thumb.JPG.8d02fc581f64d003eb007296d9fc9b32.JPG821715941_cherryak-47-12.thumb.JPG.8fc2404b5cd4460857212b3c878faddc.JPG1464556079_cherryak-47-11.thumb.JPG.1988c4b0e0390f798ec6dfdacf22cb5e.JPG740983328_cherryak-47-14.thumb.JPG.81505aff58b843221c8e4937e6e5e7ab.JPG

peace  ..

potboy,

what was the cherry in the cherry stardawg piece you speak of ??..

thanks  ..

• Like 4

Jaws I would love to see you take the Cherry Meds to F3. I had the F1 and while the cherry was more of a background element I thought it was some of the best AK47 I've ever had in every regard. Sweet black pepper and vanilla bean notes were mostly what I got, smelled like cherry from a distance but the individual layers become a lot more pronounced up close.

Just grabbed some of the F2 from OES, hoping for more cherry with the classic AK47 effect. Might open pollinate and sort through em myself, will try to circle back and give feedback on what I find if so. Got some raspberry diesel from GLG as well.

The cherry AK x Bubblegum freebies are great, smoothest smoke I've ever grown, sweet as the day is long and yields well too. I know you can't recall where the bubblegum came from but it definitely made some enjoyable buds with the AK. Keep up the good work.

• Like 3
  • Nice Job 1
Guest Hans Bruder

Well that sucks, losing the plant I mean.

But, I know lots of people that would buy cherry ak s1's. Helluva lot easier than going through tons of packs on a pheno hunt for a trait that may have been bred out.

I think greenpoint wasvending cherry ak, and made some crosses in their marachino line, but its always sold out.

@Gaussamer

yes please do let me know how those did for you, also your lucky i only let go of one small round of those freebies. did you get any CHERRY with that combo with any of the seeds you popped ??.

@Hans Bruder

ya did not make many fem's that's why i never released any of them, might try to run some at some point but after all the shit back then i just kind of moved on and just for got about having them in house.

peace  ..

P.S. as i sit here typing this i'm just slammed with the rootdawg i have in a jar next to me, plum throw a glass jar. fucking shit is strong, my brother called dibbs on all non seeded rootdawg.

• Like 2

@JAWS The bubblegum cross came out as a super sweet bubblegum vanilla with cherry and strawberry undertones. And it's straight up mouth watering bubblegum full center stage, not a whole lot of funk or black pepper at all before the cure but a little after. The ones that displayed the cherry it was definitely cherry but as a subtle accent to the powdery bubblegum. The smoke from them is smooth as silk, really gentle on the lungs. I still have them alive and well, been meaning to do an open pollination on em too, just never enough time.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, JAWS said:

the reversed female.

429996575_cherryak-47-4.thumb.JPG.8d02fc581f64d003eb007296d9fc9b32.JPG821715941_cherryak-47-12.thumb.JPG.8fc2404b5cd4460857212b3c878faddc.JPG1464556079_cherryak-47-11.thumb.JPG.1988c4b0e0390f798ec6dfdacf22cb5e.JPG740983328_cherryak-47-14.thumb.JPG.81505aff58b843221c8e4937e6e5e7ab.JPG

peace  ..

potboy,

what was the cherry in the cherry stardawg piece you speak of ??..

thanks  ..

The pack says Cherry Pie X Star Dwag no mention of who's cherry pie..

• Like 2
  • Nice Job 1

@Pot Boy

awesome, can never go wrong with a STARDAWG hybrid that strain just kicks ass constantly. i'm guessing you do not know which cherry pie was used ?. i liked the GDP and not the DURBON the gdp was a much much better plant to run and work with for-sure.

@Akss

awesome brother those are some chunkers for-sure, you get any good cherry from them ??..

peace  ..

• Like 3

Well ive been doing some pinch test on em lol Right now i would say #4 the most cherry with like a menthol smell. # 3 the same but lighter scent. #2 has a sweet woody smell to it which reminds me of the cut of ak i used to have tasted like if that makes any sense which was pretty much all sandlewood and # 1 im not really sure what to call it but its the most dank and sweet stanky not really sure what to call it

• Like 4
  • Nice Job 1
  • 3 weeks later...