Tonygreen

Tonygreens LED Dreams

Tonygreen

Or disaster. Lol.

Let's hope for the best lol.

When The Green Drops The Bullshit Stops

Dog Star

Give her Mg.. girl looks hungry or this is cause of LEDs,am hurd plants under LED asks for more Mg than usually under HPS..

Am also buyed some LED fixture to play a bit over this hot Summer time...  while in same time i dont belive i will overachived

Gavita 1000 DE yields and that part made me anxious so maybe i will do combo of Gavita vegetative and flower with LEDs..

this LEDs i buyed shine as crazy but still Gavita looks champion for yield.. 

Does 100 000 lumen of LEDs with CRI >80 are better than 140 000 lumen of CRI 38 like Gavita haves???

That question bothers me..

zoot

I replaced my Gavita after it burnet out with leds and the ones I got are good but nothing compared to the Gavita lost at least 2 oz a plant. But I am upgrading soon to the HLG V2 R Spec and have much higher hopes with these and my yields. 

Lumens are only a measurement of the amount of light humans see and means nothing to the plants. Plants are more interested in PAR, PPF and PPFD readings/measurements. 

Good luck on this run @Tonygreen what’s the strain?

I'm just a billiard ball that's chipped and scratched and soaked in smoke and wine.

Yeah, I'm a little too stoned to keep up with the times

Tonygreen

Dats a glue. 🙂 4 oof course.

Pot Boy

Got my chair pulled up, I too am running HLG 550V2 also have a V- speck in rout...

zoot
39 minutes ago, Pot Boy said:

I too am running HLG 550V2 also have a V- speck in rout...

Nice, just got my tracking # today for mine 💪🏼💪🏼 To get them set up, will be putting 2 of them into a 5x9 tent

I'm just a billiard ball that's chipped and scratched and soaked in smoke and wine.

Tonygreen

How far away you guys keeping the lights from your canopy?

zoot

I’m 12” above give or take

Pot Boy

I'm at 30" from the canopy. Some are running them a lot closer but I found that distance works good for the strains I'm growing..

MaxwellTurner

I have interest in this as well ... an HLG purchase is in my near future.

Max

Tynehead Tom
49 minutes ago, MaxwellTurner said:

I have interest in this as well ... an HLG purchase is in my near future.

Max

we can get them thru a guy on Vancouver island who is an HLG distributor.

I really wanna bite the bullet and get the 550v2 but still just a bit spendy for me.

Tonygreen

She has been without steady light most of a week so she was stressed a bit. Gave her a gallon of feed to hold her over and she salt shocked/ massive droop.

Flushed yesterday and shes looking better today and flipped. I'm at about 20 now. Raised it up some while she adjusts.

Tonygreen

Btw that melted wago is why you make sure you got a solid connection. They even print it right on the wago and I fucked it up ha. Started smokin and melting while I was pruning... reset properly now ha.

Shell be catching some thouie hps sidelight too.

Tonygreen

I'm optimistic. It's about 4.5 x 5. Only real wild card is my water is from a small locality and the old water man has been mixing his recipe up with all this rain... hard to keep up. Anywhere from 500-700 ppm from the tap...

Pretty sure the light is gonna kill it. Highest efficiency I've ever run. I always ran hps and cheapie hardcore magnetic ballasts.

I'm hoping the LED will help with the high ec feed I'm using... 1 tsp maxi puts me at 2.1 ec... I usually run low EC around 1 maybe 1.5 max at peak flower. If I stay there with this water they starve.

Tossing in a few big handfuls of gypsum and flushing one more time tonight. At 2.1 feeds it's been easy for my medium to get to salty.

Captainmorgan

Yeah sounds like the water is a wild card lol. I've done 19 zips on a 3x3 screen with gg#4 using 265 watts of LED.

Tonygreen

Joe tells me at 18 inches he gets a steady 750 par pretty evenly. In tents hard to get even coverage. 

When we ran 4k in a 10 x 10 we got better coverage from the sidelights and a half p boost each on these bushes. Hard to do with a single light and coverage is worse cuz we usually end up running to close to canopy usually .75-1.25 each I'd say. This thing is like an inch thick so I gained maybe 18-20 inches usable head room plus way better usable light... might be primed to kill it!

I used to run 65 gal but this will be my second run in 45s. Last time 3/4 p in the 45s.

Hoping she bounces back hard this week. We'll see. 

Tonygreen
2 minutes ago, Captainmorgan said:

Yeah sounds like the water is a wild card lol. I've done 19 zips on a 3x3 screen with gg#4 using 265 watts of LED.

That's insane. I never had the most efficient numbers but with this light putting out the stats if it's good as it seems it should be noticable from what I'm used to.

Captainmorgan

That was in a octopot with 5 gal of soil lol. With that setup I used RO water and kept the res filled with 550 ppm feed.

Captainmorgan

Once you get LEDs figured out you will never go back to HPS, unless you need to heat your garden.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use Guidelines Privacy Policy and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..