knucklehead bob

Nevada becomes first state to ban pre-employment marijuana tests

knucklehead bob

LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — Nevada has become the first state to ban pre-employment marijuana tests.

AB 132, signed by Governor Steve Sisolak, makes it unlawful for any Nevada employer to fail or refuse to hire someone if they test positive for marijuana.

There are some exceptions. 

Those trying to become firefighters or EMT's cannot test positive, as well as those applying for jobs that require someone to operate a motor vehicle or jobs with the federal government.

It also allows employees who are required to submit a screening test within the first 30 days of being hired the chance to take a second test, at the expense of the employee. 

The law goes into effect January 2020.

https://www.ktnv.com/news/nevada-becomes-first-state-to-ban-pre-employment-marijuana-tests?fbclid=IwAR1IptbCenD_NXZ9bMVGIszpIFx9Pvb4_HW30VXna1MiajE2BEZ9HhvIOZs

Stewart169

Great for them. A step in the right direction. Wish my state would do this but we dont even have medical yet. They just allowed CBD.   I dont give a fuck if its legal or not to posses or grow because thats not going to change for me. My biggest issue like lots of folks is workplace testing.

AVR1
3 hours ago, Stewart169 said:

Great for them. A step in the right direction. Wish my state would do this but we dont even have medical yet. They just allowed CBD.   I dont give a fuck if its legal or not to posses or grow because thats not going to change for me. My biggest issue like lots of folks is workplace testing.

Sounds like were in the same state.  😞   I pissed in the bottle most of my adult working life for a job. but I was in a safety sensitive line of work

zombug

I drove under a CDL for a long time, and used a whizzer-like contraption to beat those DOT piss tests all the time. There are actually a lot of laws in place that keep them from feeling you up, or watching. You lose those rights if someone observed you consuming drugs, or failed already. But if you don’t have someone watching, it is easy peasy. It can be as simple as filling a capped test-tube and attaching a boot warmer. I’ve had to sit up to four hours waiting to pee once, and temps were still cool. 

Stewart169
1 hour ago, AVR1 said:

Sounds like were in the same state.  😞   I pissed in the bottle most of my adult working life for a job. but I was in a safety sensitive line of work

Hoosier. Industrial manufacturing and I play with lots of electricity. 

Stewart169
46 minutes ago, zombug said:

I drove under a CDL for a long time, and used a whizzer-like contraption to beat those DOT piss tests all the time. There are actually a lot of laws in place that keep them from feeling you up, or watching. You lose those rights if someone observed you consuming drugs, or failed already. But if you don’t have someone watching, it is easy peasy. It can be as simple as filling a capped test-tube and attaching a boot warmer. I’ve had to sit up to four hours waiting to pee once, and temps were still cool. 

Where I am we are subject to “random” testing on site clinic and you have to empty pockets before testing. If caught with substitute substance instant loss of job. It’s a large place with several thousand folks. My last random was several years back. Rumors are they only test the minimum number they have to and would like to look the other way but insurance and liability makes them do it. I have not heard of anyone failing for a while and I personally know quite a few in my department that partake regularly. I also suspect they exclude some job categories because qualified people are hard to find. Like mine, plus I wonder if they “age out” employees from testing based on age or length of service. I still self test and usually can pass. It’s getting harder to not smoke daily due to stress of this place!!! My last piss test at work was very borderline but the nurse just smiled, tossed it in the trash and smiled and said good to go. 

AceGrower

hopefully this starts a wave that continues across the U.S.:weed-light-effects-smiley-emoticon:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use Guidelines Privacy Policy and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..