4 strains 12/12 from seed dwc 400w hps

Guest WallStreet

Guest WallStreet
23 hours ago, Bugman said:

looks like a good pull from here

<proud grin> Thanks! It's been so much fun, nice to have a decent haul too.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WallStreet

No pics today, but was at Dad's place for BBQ & checked in on the drying tent. I'd been reading a ton about fast mold appearing on wet weed & the first half of harvest was wet from freezer storage. They seemed pretty dry compared to when I hung them & no mold anywhere. Can't smell until tent is opened - then WOW it stinks in here! Weight loss is measurable by feel, once heavy buds are lighter/smaller already.
Edit: the tent has a 135cm exhaust, pulling thru a 4" carbon filter. 6" fan mounted on bottom of back left tent pole, pointed out/down onto the floor. Lowest weed string is 18"+ off floor. Left side bottom vent cover is lifted so screened air input. Basement is cool, mid 60's F, the room is basically dark outside the tent. Perfect, I hope. I'm gonna check every couple days.

Guest dawn patrol

Keep checking as often as possible, you're at a critical point right now. 

You can't undo over drying once it happens (well technically you can, but it's not the same after you do it - trust me on this, I learned the hard way).

You've produced a nice harvest, this is the point a lot of people screw it up through lack of knowledge, experience or attention.

Best of luck @WallStreet really nice to watch what you did here!

I was just pulled into a conversation last night in regards to growing seeds under 12/12 photoperiod. A good friend of mine is finally out of the novice stage and was curious about this and how genetics play a role in this working in ones favor, especially when you are growing equatorial types that tend towards flowering chronologically regardless of the photoperiod.

Impressive run and I will have to show this to my buddy next time we have a little grow talk while passing something else between us besides just information.

I also will make a comment following Dawn patrols about how easily a crop can be wrecked during the drying/curing stage due to either mold, or just uneven drying which takes place a lot more commonly with the lesser dense types of flowers and it is the number one reason for piss poor burning black ash weed that all of the inexperienced say wasn't flushed 😳 I have found that there is a lot more variables in this all then I thought due to a decades worth of processing tobacco plants in comparison with 30+ years of hanging bud.

Peacepipe

Guest WallStreet
16 hours ago, dawn patrol said:

Keep checking as often as possible, you're at a critical point right now. 

You can't undo over drying once it happens (well technically you can, but it's not the same after you do it - trust me on this, I learned the hard way).

You've produced a nice harvest, this is the point a lot of people screw it up through lack of knowledge, experience or attention.

Best of luck @WallStreet really nice to watch what you did here!

I appreciate the info - I'll do a daily check, can't be too careful & would hate to ruin at this point. Thanks again for very kind words.

Guest WallStreet
8 hours ago, xxPeacePipexx said:

I was just pulled into a conversation last night in regards to growing seeds under 12/12 photoperiod. A good friend of mine is finally out of the novice stage and was curious about this and how genetics play a role in this working in ones favor, especially when you are growing equatorial types that tend towards flowering chronologically regardless of the photoperiod.

Impressive run and I will have to show this to my buddy next time we have a little grow talk while passing something else between us besides just information.

I also will make a comment following Dawn patrols about how easily a crop can be wrecked during the drying/curing stage due to either mold, or just uneven drying which takes place a lot more commonly with the lesser dense types of flowers and it is the number one reason for piss poor burning black ash weed that all of the inexperienced say wasn't flushed 😳 I have found that there is a lot more variables in this all then I thought due to a decades worth of processing tobacco plants in comparison with 30+ years of hanging bud.

Peacepipe

I'm a believer in 12/12 from seed - the serious results & the math of 2/3 electricity use & same or less time than regular photoperiod. I've seen other grows by real growers who've done 12/12 & they have produced some stellar bud. I made a few mistakes, but live & learn - next one is Female Seeds ChemOG & I'm stoked! Thanks for the encouragement, it helps quite a bit.

Archived