4 strains 12/12 from seed dwc 400w hps

Guest WallStreet

Guest WallStreet

How-Dee!

Setting up my tent again, got 3 outta 4 of the beans sprouted - FMS WWxBB, C99, Iced Grapefruit & Nirvana Super Skunk fem'd are my choice for this run.  All female, for a 12/12 from seed run.

36 hour soak for beans - some were 5+ years old. Put into peat pellets.  Using 4" net pots, filling with hydroton. 400w hpw. 11 litre rubbermaid tubs. 1x4" bubble stone per tub, 4 outlet air pump. 4" carbon filter, 130cfm fan. Tent is 24x48x60 (2x4x5).

The weird part & one I expect to be mocked for? The grow is not at my place - it's at my Dad's. He's 90.

I've got some grows under my belt, solo & with partners - not grown in a few. I love dwc - hydro is faster & the plants love it!

So, no pics at the mo', but finishing the setup tomorrow & will take/post then.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 3rdCoaster

No mocking here....hopefully the old guy is still a good  plant sitter....with  little luck I'm hoping to still be taking care of plants when I'm 90.

Looking forward to the show, full steam ahead right from germination.  Break a  leg and all that...and grab some pics too.

☮️

Guest WallStreet
4 minutes ago, 3rdCoaster said:

No mocking here....hopefully the old guy is still a good  plant sitter....with  little luck I'm hoping to still be taking care of plants when I'm 90.

Looking forward to the show, full steam ahead right from germination.  Break a  leg and all that...and grab some pics too.

☮️

Back in the day, he was blue ribbon winning rose AND orchid grower - | always told him he should grow a "cash crop" and now that Canada is legal, he's eager to try. He even asked about growing more than the allotted 4 per household.  I quickly talked him out of it.  He has a greenhouse in his backyard, but a combo of possible rippers (they've broken into it before looking for something) & the whole "illegal to grow outside house" thing, helped me convince him to do an indoor.

Everything is getting wiped down with lysol wipes before going into his house - tent, light, tubs, everything. Precautionary, due to previous growing of psychoactive shrooms in tent.

TYVM for posting - I appreciate the company!

Guest imiubu

I'm pulling up a seat and following along 🙂

Life goals... still tending my garden at 90 yo.  Kudos to your pops for being open to growing herb.

My dad is 84 and only recently understands he was lied to (and believed the lies) that cannabis was dangerous.

He also blamed my cannabis use for all the bad that happened in my life.  Nope dad... that was the booze 😮

He and I have never had a good relationship as I have never given up my weed.  Now, he is proud of me for

sticking to my beliefs. 

Alrighty... on with the show!

Best of luck.

OH...btw... shrooms??? Sweet!  I'd like to give that a go one day soon.

Guest WallStreet

Couple hours today at Dad's - setting up is tough work lol.

Pics attached. Tent up, light up, fan/filter attached. Tubs ready. Water is sitting, used aquarium water treatment to dispel chlorine & precipitate the chloramine. Air pump & lines ready. The 3 sprouts are WWxBB, C99 & Super Skunk. Waiting on the Iced Grapefruit. Finishing the setup tomorrow.

Cooling complete.jpg

4 tubs.jpg

Cooltube.jpg

Fanfilter.jpg

Light on and cooling.jpg

Tent.jpg

Guest WallStreet

Transplanted peat pellets into 4" netpots - hydroton for filler. Lids not ready due to new holesaw cutting bigger hole & pots dropping thru. I have next size down, will use that. For now, the pots are sitting in the bottom of the 11 litre tubs, with enough water to keep bottom layer of netpot hydroton wet.  Using the sleeve access ports for electrical, exhaust & airlines - keeping hps ballast & big, 4 outlet air pump outside the tent.

foto_no_exif(9).jpg

foto_no_exif(10).jpg

foto_no_exif(8).jpg

foto_no_exif(7).jpg

foto_no_exif(6).jpg

If your dad is 90 growing weed rocking doc martins and converse I feel like getting older might be doable, lol who am I kidding I love getting older finally starting to suitemy no fun cermudgeon personality!lol

looks like a nice clean space, I hope your Dad enjoys the journey!

Guest WallStreet

Starting to see some roots poking thru net pots. The Iced Grapefruit seems to be stalled at cotyledons, but I'll give it some time. Some leaf irreg's on both C99 & Super Skunk. WW x BB is biggest & cleanest leaf definition. Bubblers working great - love dwc. Light is approx 18" away from seedlings. Gonna add some nutes starting next week. Tubs drop to 63F during lights off - rise to 71F during lights on. 12/12 is on at night for cheaper rates.

Next on list is couplings for air lines, so I can have sep disconnect for each tub - plus, the lids are just sitting on top, this will allow holes thru lids (less H2O loss).

wwxbb 051919.jpg

wwxbb root051919.jpg

airstone bubbler.jpg

4tubs 051919.jpg

Guest WallStreet

Culled the runt today - started a new Iced Grapefruit to replace it.

First feed today! Mixed some grow nutes/micro nutes at little better than 50% strength, replaced all 3 tubs with fresh nutes water. Should see some difference soon. Roots coming in nicely.

c99 top2.jpg

2 tops.jpg

ww x bb root.jpg

ss top.jpg

super skunk.jpg

root 2.jpg

c99 top.jpg

c99.jpg

temp.jpg

roots.jpg

runt IG.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WallStreet

What a difference a week & a good feeding makes!!!

Finally made it over to Dad's for first checkup since initial feeding. Wow, they're small plants now, not seedlings. All have 3 or 4 sets of branches. The replacement Iced Grapefruit is up, I had to remove a shell piece from a cotydelon. WW x BB is biggest/bulkiest, C99 next, SuperSkunk a close 3rd.

060219 C99 side.jpg

060219 C99 top.jpg

060219 C99.jpg

The arm belongs to my Dad - he's holding the lid up. 90 year old pot grower. He's having a blast!

060219 Dad holding roots.jpg

060219 SuperSkunk side.jpg

060219 SuperSkunk.jpg

060219 WW x BB side.jpg

060219 WW x BB.jpg

Guest WallStreet

Culled the 2nd Iced Grapefruit. Same reason - growth stalled at first cotydelons, no 2nd leaves appear. Definite seed issue, IMHO. Not a FMS knock.

3 Ladies got first rez change, almost 100% full grow nutes/ micro nutes. All have hairs.

060619 3 under hps.jpg

060619 SuperSkunk.jpg

060619 WW x BB.jpg

060819 3 lineup.jpg

060819 C99.jpg

Guest WallStreet

2 days after full feed & they have all grown noticeably. All have hairs, most have buds, the C99 has a lovely flower on top.

061019 3 under hps.jpg

061019 C99.jpg

061019 SuperSkunk.jpg

061019 WWxBB.jpg

Guest WallStreet

OK - the ladies are drinking half their rez's in 4 days, just topped them off with first, weaker flower nutes. I accidentally snapped the main stem of the Super Skunk (cost me the top 2 branches, still lots more).

The C99 has bud sites galore, the WW x BB is thick and budding. The Super Skunk is all stretch, not much budding.

061419 WW x BB top.jpg

061419 WW x BB side.jpg

061419 C99 top2.jpg

061419 C99 side.jpg

061419 C99 top.jpg

061419 WW x BB2.jpg

Guest imiubu

What strain is the 2 & 3rd pic?

They are all looking marvelous but that one stands out to me.

What is the purpose of the aluminum foil on top of the totes?

Is that your dad's dapper slipper or yours? lol

I recently mentioned in another thread that I always notice ppl's footwear in their pix,

so don't think I'm singling you or your dad out 🙂

And no @knucklehead bob it's not a foot fetish... I simply appreciate fine footwear 😄

Guest WallStreet
3 minutes ago, imiubu said:

What strain is the 2 & 3rd pic?

They are all looking marvelous but that one stands out to me.

What is the purpose of the aluminum foil on top of the totes?

Is that your dad's dapper slipper or yours? lol

I recently mentioned in another thread that I always notice ppl's footwear in their pix,

so don't think I'm singling you or your dad out 🙂

And no @knucklehead bob it's not a foot fetish... I simply appreciate fine footwear 😄

Pic 2 is side shot of WW x BB, Pic 3 is top shot of C99. Thanks for the kind words, I think they're looking good too!

The foil? 2 purposes - reflect some light back up to lower branches and it does provide a decent insulation against rez heating up. I have rez's doubled, one inside another, so this is decent thermal break also.

The slipper is Dad's - he's all over this, asks questions non stop!

On 6/2/2019 at 11:18 PM, WallStreet said:

What a difference a week & a good feeding makes!!!

Finally made it over to Dad's for first checkup since initial feeding. Wow, they're small plants now, not seedlings. All have 3 or 4 sets of branches. The replacement Iced Grapefruit is up, I had to remove a shell piece from a cotydelon. WW x BB is biggest/bulkiest, C99 next, SuperSkunk a close 3rd.

060219 C99 side.jpg

060219 C99 top.jpg

060219 C99.jpg

The arm belongs to my Dad - he's holding the lid up. 90 year old pot grower. He's having a blast!

060219 Dad holding roots.jpg

060219 SuperSkunk side.jpg

060219 SuperSkunk.jpg

060219 WW x BB side.jpg

060219 WW x BB.jpg

nice roots

Guest WallStreet

Rez top up tonite - the ladies are drinking about a gallon every 3 days. The C99 has 24 bud sites. The WW x BB has thick branches. The SuperSkunk looks like it kissed the heat, moved the lights to accommodate the massive growth. The WW x BB is 17" tall, the C99 is 19". The SuperSkunk was 23", I think.

061919 C99 above.jpg

061919 C99 side.jpg

061919 C99 top bud.jpg

061919 SuperSkunk.jpg

061919 WW x BB top.jpg

061919 WW x BB.jpg

061919 WW x BB2.jpg

061919 WW x BB3.jpg

Guest WallStreet

Dropped a small fan into box - exhaust/filter now on 24/7. Did a rez change w/ almost full nutes for plants, some were getting a tad yellow. C99 is getting big & the WW x BB is damn near solid w/ branches/budding. I didn't take any pics of the SuperSkunk, it's just tall, not really doing much.

062719 C99 top.jpg

062719 WW x BB close.jpg

062719 WW x BB side.jpg

062719 WW x BB top.jpg

062719 C99 buds.jpg

062719 C99 side.jpg

Guest WallStreet

Busy day - rez top up w/ new nutes. Went with the AN 3 part PH Perfect. Added a Mars 300 to cover the SuperSkunk, took a bit of moving stuff around, but got it in there np. Fan finally attached to back left support pole, about 1/2 way up. C99 is huge & gorgeous - Dad loves it, my fave too! The WW x BB is getting chunky as hell, some solid colas forming. The SuperSkunk was too tall for the 400w hps, so the 300 will perk it up nicely.

070219 C99 side.jpg

070219 C99 side2.jpg

070219 C99 WWxBB.jpg

070219 SuperSkunk C99.jpg

070219 SuperSkunk led.jpg

070219 tent w new led.jpg

070219 WW x BB side.jpg

070219 WW x BB top.jpg

070219 WW x BB top2.jpg

Guest WallStreet

Dropped by Dad's, showed my brother the "ladies" - he hasn't seen them in a bit. He thinks we're geniuses.

C99, SuperSkunk & 2 of the WW x BB. The main cola on the WW x BB is really thickening up & the C99 has 2 dozen nice flowers. The SuperSkunk is a mystery, but it's growing (by far the tallest).

070519 C99.jpg

070519 SuperSkunk.jpg

070519 WWxBB main cola.jpg

070519 WWxBB.jpg

Archived