Backyard Fun in the Sun @52N 2019

Tynehead Tom

Tynehead Tom

What the heck, I guess i'll continue the tradition 😉

prepping two big trees for outdoor light dep. They are too big to take pics of inside my rooms so you'll have to wait till they get outside.

I have accomplished zero in the way of improvements over any methods from previous years. I'm just gonna wing it again this year and play the hand I'm dealt.

So..... this year the full season plants will be from my own seeds and will be something from my LMZ and Shiska lines. 

Seedlings are about 2 weeks from sprouting tails and won't go outside till June 10 or so.

For immediate light dep outside though I have been vegging 2 females of Karma's Crumbled lime since I popped the seeds back in first week of January so they are 4 months old. Both of them are exact same height and shape and general appearance. One might think they were clones but they are the original plants from 2 different seeds.

There were 3 altogether but one I have flowering and it's clone is a 2 foot tall mum now.

So those two are gonna get potted up ….. they are near 5 foot tall and 3 feet wide and need a defoilation and tying. On top of that I have been maintaining them in "maybe" 3 gallons of sunshine 4 so they are way past transplant time though they don't seem to be root bound just yet.

I also have a couple other plants to go out with them..... grandma's hashplant, Scoutbreath, 2 phenos of Fire OGKB , smaller plants of the crumbled lime..... hmmmmm there;'s a few things on deck for this summer anyways.

For now it's all about getting those 2 big bushes out there and a light dep situation prepared 🙂

stay tuned..... pics soon

• Like 3
  • Nice Job 5
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tynehead Tom

• Coastal

• MaxwellTurner

• dawn patrol

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and last, Bodhi seeds Goji Ghash (goji og x 88g13hp)  

thanx for the kind words everybody   been hitting the jars here n there sampling the harvest. there are so many different plants it will be impossible to smoke report them all here.

mmmkay….. good to have ya aboard @Limos , I'm just getting things rolling. Greenhouse is in transition but I've got some plants out there and they are handling the cooler nights just fine. My Bik

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Tynehead Tom

mmmkay….. good to have ya aboard @Limos , I'm just getting things rolling.

Greenhouse is in transition but I've got some plants out there and they are handling the cooler nights just fine. My Biker kush got a bit screwed up from the sun I guess but she is starting to rebound. All the plants outside right now will probably get flipped right away and I'm building a light dep area between the shed and greenhouse that I can slide the plants into. Inside I have a bunch going on , my current males I've got back burnered for projects and the next round of plants I'll be putting outside around June 10.

Bodhi seeds Grandma's Hashplant (left) and a Karma Genetics Biker Kush (1st version) , both are rebelling a little since going outside but will be fine.

05-21-2019 pic 1 - Copy.JPG

These two are both females of Bodhi seeds Goji Ghash or Goji Og x 88G13hp is what it said on the pack.

05-21-2019 pic 2 - Copy.JPG

These two were started from seed on January 3rd. They were near rootbound and finally got them into big grow bags I made out of empty soil bags 😉

Karma Genetics Crumbled Lime x 2. I've been trimming these like I have been doing to my plants indoors after learning from other growers here about the benefits of keeping the plant well maintained for maximum tops. I'm gonna start light depping these as soon as I have that black plastic area all built into a light dep partition.

05-21-2019 pic 3 - Copy.JPG

05-21-2019 pic 4 - Copy.JPG

The skeletons of last years outdoor LOL Old grandpa scratch and gorilla bubble bx2 remnants

05-21-2019 pic 5 - Copy.JPG

My current "interesting " males...… Karmas Biker Kush on the floor , on the crate is one Goji Ghash (back left) and the other 3 are Chunky Pigs' Fire OGKB. The 4 clones on the crate are the same age but look at that one Fire OGKB in the back...… to say it has vigor is an understatement.

05-21-2019 pic 6 - Copy.JPG

05-21-2019 pic 7 - Copy.JPG

and my 4 current keeper mums..... the bigger 4 , top left Scout Breath , top right my cross of Possum Ridge Sour DMT x Old Grandpa Scratch I've labelled as Sour A (not a name, just a label) ….. bottom left is Fire OGKB and bottom right is Grandma's Hashplant. The two smaller plants are 2 different girls of Goji Ghash.

05-21-2019 pic 8 - Copy.JPG

and all these seedlings are part of the Shiskaberry project..

05-21-2019 pic 9 - Copy.JPG

Edited by Tynehead Tom
  • Like 5
  • Nice Job 7
dawn patrol

You're gonna have quite the show again this year @Tynehead Tom  can't wait to see it go down!

• Thanks 1
  • Nice Job 1
Tynehead Tom
18 minutes ago, dawn patrol said:

You're gonna have quite the show again this year @Tynehead Tom  can't wait to see it go down!

I am undecided whether not to run full season plants this year as it really cut into hunting time and I don't want to miss any of this season.

I figure maybe some autos planted in June in some holes in the ground in a couple stealthy spots in my back bush area might be going in instead.

So probably do 2 or 3 staggered light deps and a couple small auto plots out back, finishing up for end of august so I can be all trimmed up and ready for hunting season by sept 10.

that's the tentative plan..... but ya'all know how much I love to change things on the fly ….. or on a whim...… whichever LOL

:passing-joint-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • 2 weeks later...
Tynehead Tom

Well another week has slid by and I still haven't started light depping plants...… fuk

The weather here has been exceptional with lots of mainly sunny days in the mid 70's and just over 80F in the greenhouse. I moved all the plants outside a few days ago and everything is loving it big time and the plants are feeding every 2 and 3 days. Gonna do a big transplant of everything I haven't done yet..... which is most plants LOL and then it's game on.

Still gotta do the finishing touches on the light dep situation by by the end of this weekend I should be golden.

here's a couple quick pics....

but first.... those two crumbled limes are huge LOL and I think will stretch into the roof when they flower..... I wonder if I should take the top foot out of the center and flower it like that. Would give me 20 + branches and I have been removing the nodes to keep pretty much 4 to 5 nodes at end of each branch, leaving those fans till next node pruning. I have been doing that since they were foot tall plants and now they are 5 months old LOL

what say you guys...… top them or gamble on them jamming into the roof?  I have pretty much 48 hrs to decide.

05-31-2019 crumbled lime 1 - Copy.JPG

05-31-2019 crumbled lime 2 - Copy.JPG

05-31-2019 seedlings n stuff - Copy.JPG

Edited by Tynehead Tom
  • Like 2
  • Nice Job 6
Limos

Looking good man! Anyway to screen them so they don’t get away from you? They look like they’ll definitely bust through the roof once light dep starts.   

• Like 2
  • Great Advice 1
Tynehead Tom

I was just going to tie them out and down and then rotate them every day when I pull them out. Much like @Coastal shows us in his indoor grows. But they have gotten to be 6ft tall now with the grow bag so I'm thinking top them and flip them sunday night. I just slide them across the ground a few feet and then drop the light dep curtain/wall so it's pretty easy to move them. If I top them I think I can get away with the stretch hehehe

guess we'll see.

I thought about sticking them in the 8x4 x 18" planter boxes for a full season monster tree run but I just don't think they would finish before frost and they would have to be outside , not in the greenhouse.

Edited by Tynehead Tom
  • Like 4
Coastal

Yeah that main stem is a little much ... I’d probably cut it off and train the rest/hopefor the best... they should naturally sag a bit from the bud once they get established but they are going to be huge... maybe dig a pit the pot can sit in ?

• Like 4
Tynehead Tom

I thought about digging a pit @Coastal , but it would have to be 8 feet long...… 2 of them...… not happening brother hehehe not by me anyways.

Looks like topping them will be the plan, there's lots of tops to make into colas so should work out good. It's all fun n games regardless 🙂

Heck if my season was a few weeks longer and I had some 300 gallon raised mounds...… I'd run them full season LOL

• Like 5
chasenakes

This is probably to radical of a suggestion for you to try on a whim, but I've seen a guy on ICMag who would veg a single plant for like 6-8 weeks, get it real big and then would mash it flat. He claimed all that shock to the branches would cause it to grow back like crazy, as well keeping it fitted to his grow room. I remember seeing the Swaziland farmers on Strain Hunters do something similar. They split and and twist the plants to force them have a lower profile. That part is at around 36 minutes in the Swaziland episode if interested. Heres a screen grab:

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 1.00.02 AM.png

• Like 5
imiubu

Pulling up a chair  :popcorn:  Who did the rainbow and froggies art work on your dep chamber? lol

That vid shot looks crazy.  Gonna have to watch the vid now 🙂

• Like 3

Tynehead Tom
1 hour ago, imiubu said:

Pulling up a chair  :popcorn:  Who did the rainbow and froggies art work on your dep chamber? lol

That vid shot looks crazy.  Gonna have to watch the vid now 🙂

LOL the previous owners painted that I guess. Was there when we moved in

I guess she used to grow flowers and veggies like peppers and tomatoes and had a front yard market kind of thing.

The other 1/2 of that building was a greenhouse at one time but the roof panels aren't clear anymore. We might renovate that building into a guest house down the road.

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...
Tynehead Tom
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:37 AM, Bugman said:

looks like you got a start going

ya..... a good start..... LOL things went apeshit in my greenhouse the past couple weeks.

Haven't had much time for forums and such lately.

was going to stagger all these plants through 3 separate timed light deps but it never happened LOL Have had a lot on my plate lately outside of weed growing so kinda just been feeding and watering and transplanting my way into a fuggen jungle of plants.

Stuck the two crumbled lime trees in the 50 gallon holes from last year. The soil mix from last year was surprisingly easy to break up and was nice and fluffy so I just re-used it after amending it with some bone meal, gypsum and dolopril…… they both seem to be enjoying the space.

There are Shiskaberry plants everywhere and they stretched fairly tall due to the long string of crappy weather and poor plant spacing. Whatever.... I'm pheno hunting so it's okay.

those are some real nice plants though and they have sticky stems and strong odors.

All the plants in grow bags are on 12/12 getting light depped in the shed for a few days now.... weeks later than planned but again..... whatever LOL

The far back row + a few down the sides are my moms doing their thing.....

In a few days it will all look different and possibly more organized as I top and scrog out the 2 big crumbled limes and build light dep boxes around them..... about a month late getting that done too...… but again.... whatever, I'll deal with it. Still get's me harvesting before end of September instead of first week of November 😄

07-15-2019 pic 1 - Copy.jpg

07-15-2019 pic 2 - Copy.jpg

• Nice Job 6
Coastal

Lookin good bud! Should be some nice smoke there for ya too!

heres hoping one or both the crumbled lime get up over the 1lbs tree mark!

• Like 4
Tynehead Tom
20 hours ago, Coastal said:

Lookin good bud! Should be some nice smoke there for ya too!

heres hoping one or both the crumbled lime get up over the 1lbs tree mark!

I'm building some 2x4 frames to go around the Crumbled Lime trees so I can scrog and light dep them. 

The top of the plant will come off at about 3 feet up and then all the branches are gonna get bent down and out , level with the tops of the lowest branches right now.

I'll trim the nodes out "coastal" style 🙂 and just do the screen of branch tops and work them to all the same height inside a 3ft x 5ft box.

Will be done by sunday so I'll take before and after pics. Gonna twist em up and flip em by sunday with the light dep tarps.

• Like 4
Tynehead Tom

here's some pics to chew on

@Karma Genetics Crumbled Lime #1

07-16-2019 Crumbled Lime 1 - Copy.JPG

@Karma Genetics Crumbled Lime #2

07-16-2019 Crumbled Lime 2 - Copy.JPG

@Chunky's Bagseeds Fire OGKB mum

07-16-2019 Fire OGKB mum - Copy.JPG

@Bodhi Seeds Grandma's Hashplant mum

07-16-2019 Grandma's Hashplant mum - Copy.JPG

@Chunky's Bagseeds Scout Breath

07-16-2019 Scout Breath mum - Copy.JPG

Personal cross Sour A (Sour DMT x Old Grandpa Scratch)

07-16-2019 Sour A - Copy.JPG

Sour A fan leaf

07-16-2019 Sour A fan leaf - Copy.JPG

Strawberry Hill Seed Co Super Collider Kush mum #3

07-16-2019 Super Collider Kush #3 mum - Copy.JPG

Edited by Tynehead Tom
  • Nice Job 5
Coastal

Those lime are going to be huge! Crazy bud, should be able to hit some good wieght off those I would imagine... especially if you can get itfliwered while the sun is still bright.. should be monsters!

• Like 3
Tynehead Tom
10 hours ago, Coastal said:

Those lime are going to be huge! Crazy bud, should be able to hit some good wieght off those I would imagine... especially if you can get itfliwered while the sun is still bright.. should be monsters!

I never intended for them to get that big and by the time I was ready to flip them they were way too big to fit thru the door of the shed...… so in the ground they went 

haven't even smoked these two phenos to see if they were worth the time to grow into trees but it's too late now LOL.

I thought about leaving them as is without topping but I fear I will not be able to contain them with my greenhouse size. Best option is to top them off with 20 or so branches remaining and just scrog out those tops at the same height. I doubt the yield will be huge but I guess we will see. 🙂

• Like 2
MaxwellTurner

Missed this thread somehow!  Love living through the experiences up here.  It motivates me.

"... by the time I was ready to flip them they were way too big to fit thru the door of the shed..."  lol 

In for the show!

Max

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Tynehead Tom

So...… It is always a grand experiment over here..... well not so grand.... but an experiment nonetheless.

I have been trying to adapt indoor techniques outside and the scrog worked pretty good last year so trying something along those lines again but with a light dep frame around the plant. I topped both the crumbled limes when they hit 7ft. #1 I haven't pruned out since topping and last thinning was a couple weeks ago. 

#2.... I took it down to 30 branches and stripped the nodes out of every site except the top 3 or 4 on each branch. Right now it is all just smashed below the net and over next couple days I will train it a little more, even it out, tie it here n there and then add the second final net. I am light depping it with black out tarps.

debating on doing the same to the other one , or thinning it out as is and building a bigger box for it...

and the last pic is a light depped Super Collider Kush nearing 2weeks 12/12 which I posted in my breeder forum too .

07-25-2019 Crumbled Lime #1 - Copy.JPG

07-25-2019 Crumbled Lime #2 - Copy.JPG

07-25-2019 Super Collider Kush #5 - Copy.JPG

• Nice Job 6
Tynehead Tom

well, I'm way behind flipping those big girls in the ground but I got it done today

Tortured the hell out of the plants twisting and cracking branches to get the tops all arranged. Gave them a few days to orient and adjust them all to the same height and things are looking good. Took off probably 4 or 5 times as much growth as I left on the plant but whatever, if these boxes work like I want them too it is how I will grow my backyard plants from now on. 

I'll get pics in the a.m. before I pull the tarps.

everything is flowering now except my mums , which will go back indoors for cloning here shortly, another week or so of sun to get them extra lush for cloning 🙂

nuther week and I'll be pulling out the pollen jars for some fun too :rasta.nana:

• Like 4
Tynehead Tom

quick pic of the light dep box with the cover on it. 

Depending how much it stretches in the scrog, I will probably have to raise the height of the box a bit so the tarp cover is well above the flower tops.

I am adding a 90cfm exhaust fan to a "Y" fitting and will have a 4" intake and 4" venting to the fan so it draws the air out of both boxes while they are covered so nothing goes moldy.

Really hope this works as I can see myself just doing rows of light dep boxes in the greenhouse for nice stealthy summer growing.

anyhow, here it is though it's not much to look at LOL

07-29-2019 light dep box cover - Copy.JPG

• Like 1
  • Nice Job 2