Tynehead Tom

Shiskaberry IBL

Tynehead Tom

Most folks who have gotten to know me over the last few years know that I have been working the Shiskaberry lines for quite a while now.

I restarted my Shiskaberry journey by combining Shiskaberry 3 F2 with Shiskaberry F1 and released that as Shiskabah. From that seed pop of the old shiskaberry originals only 2 seeds came up and I got a male and female. The female was awesome and everything i had hoped for except she lacked the flavor I was after.... it's in there, just not loud enough. She yields heavy and passes the trait on and she is a frost queen, grows effortlessly and produces big dense flowers..... awesome. Now the male, he was really nothing special on the stem rub but he was hardy and had perfect asymetrical structure with heavy knuckled branch nodes. I kept him as he holds F1 genetics i would otherwise lose. Once the first cross (Shiskabah) was complete , I hunted thru 130 Shiskabah beans looking for a special female to hit with that F1 male. That cross was made and labelled Shiskaberry line B. I also took a very loud and afghan proud broadleafed male from Shiskabah and crossed it back to the F1 female making Shiskaberry line A.

Since then I have searched thru 30 beans of Chimera's C4 (cotton candy x Shiskaberry(f1)) looking for the strong shiskaberry leaners. I also searched thru some cash crop ken gear i was gifted.... Kish and more Nukem , strains that also hold heavy influence from the shiskaberry side.

Several plants were found , kept and flowered out from these seed pops , females hit with male pollen from Shiskaberry Line A and B and males from these outcrosses back to the female Line A selections.

In the past few runs we have been down to recombining Line A and B for an eventual cross back to my F1 cut...... almost there.

Then a couple months ago i was gifted a tube from the freezer of a friend who passed away and inside that tube was , among other things, a vial of F1 shiskaberry seeds.

I was going to pop them weeks ago but been to occupied so those seeds are soaking right now for my 4-20 seed pop.

Really hoping something grows from those old seeds.

regardless, I am going to start keeping ya'all aprised on the next steps as I work my way towards a release of Tyne's Shiskaberry IBL.

Props go out to Breeder Steve , wherever he may be growing these days. This strain has been with me or on my mind for 20 years so I hope my work with it honors the work that Steve and Spice of Life Seeds created.

I figured 4-20 would be a good day to break the news that releasing this IBL is priority one for 2019. 

DSC04112 - Copy.JPG

fabvariousk

Nice plants and french coke! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Tynehead Tom
1 minute ago, fabvariousk said:

Nice plants and french coke! 🤣

haha good eye man 

In canada we have these stupid laws that every product, even imported products, have to be printed with both english and canadian french on the labels/packaging/instructions..... it's very retarded.

shaggy

Dam, that fucker grows like a champ, don't it!👍

1 minute ago, Tynehead Tom said:

haha good eye man 

In canada we have these stupid laws that every product, even imported products, have to be printed with both english and canadian french on the labels/packaging/instructions..... it's very retarded.

We have the same thing with spanish.

It is all over everything.

Methods of inducing SAR Local Acquired Resistance and Induced Systemic Resistance                                   I.P.M. INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT

Do plants need silicon?                   ODA finds bottled microbes with little live organisms                          Welcome to Z-Library!

shaggy
1 hour ago, Tynehead Tom said:

Tyne's Shiskaberry IBL.

Cool I like it.

Get the pencil out there brother and breath some life into this!

Funny I have heard/read all of your stories but still no first hand experience with Shiskaberry or its crosses.

The way you talk about things I just know after a couple of hits I would say........... I remember this.....mmmmmm

I love the IBL part too.

Methods of inducing SAR Local Acquired Resistance and Induced Systemic Resistance                                   I.P.M. INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT

Do plants need silicon?                   ODA finds bottled microbes with little live organisms                          Welcome to Z-Library!

fabvariousk

Because without them a french-speaking Canadian would be all “What is calories? I am confused!”

Tynehead Tom
1 hour ago, shaggyballs said:

Cool I like it.

Get the pencil out there brother and breath some life into this!

Funny I have heard/read all of your stories but still no first hand experience with Shiskaberry or its crosses.

The way you talk about things I just know after a couple of hits I would say........... I remember this.....mmmmmm

I love the IBL part too.

Shiskaberry is just nostalgia to me. I also like her earthy, berry, melon influenced hashy flavors. I also think she is a beautiful plant to look at as well, not that others aren't..... I dunno, we all have our favorites and Shiskaberry is one of mine hehehe. The other thing that sets it apart for me and no doubt others following along is the fact that it is outside the scope of the chems, OGs, sours, diesels so is a clean slate to first IBL , then begin some outcrosses and create some new hybrids.

Enoch Warlock

Shiskaberry was my first keeper plant, from a 10 pack of Cash Crop Ken seeds.  She is a special girl and I look forward to the day Tyne reunites me with my long lost love!   

Dog Star

What are genetics inside Shiskaberry??

Shiskabah sounds like Bosnian name...  ;D

Am very interested,what are stone effects and what kind of terps and potency they give out???

Tynehead Tom

we were kicking around names for the shiskaberry f1 x shiskaberry 3f2 and "Rock the Casbah" was playing on the stereo and the name Shiskabah just kinda popped out. When I think of the name it brings a picture of a bunch of afghan dudes sitting around drinking tea and hitting the hash pipe....

The original Shiskaberry F1 is Afghan the red/the yellow X DJ short Blueberry male. Shiskaberry 3 reunited Afghan the Red with Shiskaberry.

Earthy Hashy flavors accompanied by melon, berry, honey....... some phenos can be straight up bed time weed but most of the time Shiskaberry is just good all around smoke for any time of day.

I have not been able to lab test any of the plants for potency or terpene panel

Tynehead Tom

Well, it's been 4 days germinating the F1 Shiskaberry seeds and this morning I could see tails on at least 5 seeds out of the 19 that were in the vial. :rasta.nana:

Some Shiskaberry Line A and Line B were also started, 10 of each to check for phenotype variation. Hoping for very minimal variation in structure and overall growth patterns. 

Everything has been potted up in starter pots of sunshine #4.

Hopefully in a week there is life above ground.

Blake

I am never the quickest guy but am very persistent. Bland has arrived 🙂 . Nice looking plants and will be home in about a week roughly. Talk to you soon and will be flashing up an indoor grow right away. Keep up the good work. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Nice Job 1

Tynehead Tom

@Blake ……. hello my friend, glad you found us!!

Tynehead Tom

well, it's been a bunch of days since I potted up the old shiskaberry F1 seeds. 

Only 2 made it above ground and they look very weak. Maybe some more will come up but my hopes aren't very high.

Gonna nurse the ones that did come up though that's for sure.

Line A , I knocked 2 off the shelf but the rest came up fine , same with line B.

I didn't realize that Breeder Steve started his own website but it has been brought to my attention. There's not much for content on it but it says he's back and breeding with plans to sell seeds again. 

This changes everything from my perspective so a release of the IBL line may not happen and I may opt to only release crosses. While I have no problem using other peoples work to create hybrids of my own, I believe in respecting other peoples work enough to know when it's appropriate to share or not. In this case, even though Shiskaberry is a 20 year old + line, and I've probably worked with it myself for 8 years altogether..... heck maybe even more...… If Breeder Steve is back , it might not be appropriate for me to release these.

gonna grow em and show em anyways so whatever, tag along if you wish.

:monkey-with-glasses-smoking-smiley-emoticon:

Coastal

Pretty sure he is breeding narrow leaf varieties at the equator these days..  you could ask him but I also know he encourages others to breed with his stuffjust notuse his varieties name’s in the seeds if they are released.

Tynehead Tom

I hear ya @Coastal but what other name could I give Shiskaberry IBL other than Shiskaberry IBL hehehe so right there I violate his wishes. I saw the podcast/youtube interview with breeder steve where he specifically talks about what you mention.

I figured he was out of the game too and down south growing fields for some higher purpose. His website suggests he will be releasing seeds again so brings me pause.

It's one thing to resurrect an old line that the breeder has long since gone or no longer works with but I don't think that's the case with the Shiskaberry.

I have crosses lined up though so there will be some cool stuff to work shiskas vigor and yields into 😉

dawn patrol
1 hour ago, Coastal said:

Pretty sure he is breeding narrow leaf varieties at the equator these days..  you could ask him but I also know he encourages others to breed with his stuffjust notuse his varieties name’s in the seeds if they are released.

I follow him on IG and I believe he's working in Columbia if I'm not too stoned to recall correctly?

Hell, message him, tell him what you're thinking (don't have to be too specific) and ask for his blessing - you may be surprised.

Tynehead Tom
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, dawn patrol said:

I follow him on IG and I believe he's working in Columbia if I'm not too stoned to recall correctly?

Hell, message him, tell him what you're thinking (don't have to be too specific) and ask for his blessing - you may be surprised.

I registered on his site for email updates and also sent him a note detailing my history and current work with this line so ya, we'll see what he says. 

In the end, I donate my beans to be sold to support the community so it's not like I'm looking for another line to use for personal profit.

at the end of the day I don't want to be seen as just another seed hack. I put a lot of time into the stuff I breed and just want to be respectful of where the genetics I chose to work with come from.

Edited by Tynehead Tom

Tynehead Tom
34 minutes ago, AVR1 said:

I have been Goggling Shiskaberry  and looks like Barneys Farm is claiming an unregistered trade mark claim to the name and label it like this SHISKABERRY™

yes, and apparently breeder steve is quite pissed off about it too.

Wonder if they used the Shiskabah beans I donated to seedbay in 2015 or if they actually have real shiskaberry genetics. LOL

I shouldn't have released those beans to seedbay…… there was 10 x 25 seed breeder packs.

I searched High and low for shiska beans when I joined the internet and at the time the only place that I could find them was Ustad;s Shiskaberry 3f2 and my own stash of 1998 F1.

I notice space genetics uses what they call a shiskaberry strawberry cut in some crosses. not doubting them but Strawberry was not a flavor we ever came across.

LMZ is a Shiskaberry cross I am revisiting as well and can release with confidence. Some extreme yielders in those beans.

We'll see what I get up to over here but I'll grow n show what I find regardless.

AVR1
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Tynehead Tom said:

yes, and apparently breeder steve is quite pissed off about it too.

Wonder if they used the Shiskabah beans I donated to seedbay in 2015 or if they actually have real shiskaberry genetics. LOL

I don't think anyone will ever accused the Europeans of being original.

I have not bought any BF beans since my American brothers and sisters came out of the closet with bean sells, so don't see BF ever getting any more of my pennies since they appear to be a bowl of shit

Edited by AVR1

aridbud

Yes, you're a regal Shishkaberry monarch, for sure, Tynehead. After crossing Shish with Critical Mass (makes both a powerful warrior on pain, PTSD, a few clients with MS say it helps them sleep) ,we're going to marry  the 'ShishkaCrit' with Azure Rocket/Critical Mass auto....Should bring out the uplift (Azure Rocket, a happy smoke for many) and more pronounced berry overtones. You'll be getting some good out of it later, Tynehead!😉

Way to grow em, T!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Nice Job 1

blues147

Not sure how I missed this thread, interesting read, can't imagine how anyone who gets to witness you in action would be complaining about you.