Prg skunk project

Smokin Joe

@Comacus

sounds about right. 

I also had some of your UFS18 f2s in my personal grow that did the same (also indoor). 

We'll give it another go when we get some greenhouses up I'm sure. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Comacus said:

@fly007 it may have been due to them being an outdoor strain.

I just had to chop on of the x-18 females in my preservation run when it threw a few bananas.  I was talking with @farmerjoe420 about what may have been the stressor since all the other plants are fine.  He suggested with it being an old outdoor strain just running it indoors could be a stressor for the strain.

I've got a couple more skunk runs planned too but have a few other things to do first.

@Comacus how about running them like outdoors then?

Start them on 12 hours of light. Increase it by half an hour every week 

Do that until you get to 14 hours of daylight.

Run that for a month then drop the lights by half an hour for a month.

until you get back to the 12 hour mark.

Do you think that would be more suitable to outdoor strains?

You could do it easily if you had a separate tent for that run.

Thoughts?

That sounds like a great idea @Ilynnboy!

12 hours ago, fly007 said:

I also had some of your UFS18 f2s in my personal grow that did the same (also indoor). 

I had good luck with my UFS18 indoors, and the hybrids I have seen so far have been OK indoors.

15 hours ago, Comacus said:

That sounds like a great idea @Ilynnboy!

I had good luck with my UFS18 indoors, and the hybrids I have seen so far have been OK indoors.

i dont know what carl just ran of yours but damn the did well indoors

thumbnail_005.jpg

@jm420 Carl did a great job on those!  Those are some Dog Biscuit.  He says they are also one of those great "have it all" strains:  easy to grow, potent, and produces!

Dog Biscuit is a cross of Luther Dogman and Gorilla Biscuit.

2 hours ago, Bugman said:

i think i have some gorilla biscuit f2 seeds & a couple crosses with gb.

Gorilla Biscuit is really nice.  Think you will like them when you get to them.

• 6 months later...

@Smokin Joe. Got these in from a good source. Be a month or so before i bloom them but was told by the donor that burnt rubber, loud foul at 6 weeks. He told me the rks outdoors really brings out the dead marsupial rank stank time will tell. Keep you updated if interested once i put them in boom room

20200809_131857.jpg

20200809_131935.jpg

15 minutes ago, Smokin Joe said:

Are those seeds from me? If so keep a close eye on em. Some hermies have shown.

No brother its a clone from a different source

Nice job @flboy, hoping you get some stank in those!

Got a couple old lines I'm hunting through too... so far I've been fairly let down in my chem/skunk/affy hunt... but I found a few I feel I could chase down the really acrid old girls.

4 minutes ago, Coastal said:

Nice job @flboy, hoping you get some stank in those!

Got a couple old lines I'm hunting through too... so far I've been fairly let down in my chem/skunk/affy hunt... but I found a few I feel I could chase down the really acrid old girls.

Thanks man. I have trinity to thats suppose to be skunky but need to play it thru to see for myself. Hope you find what your lookin for to. I have a buddy that paid 500 for a pack of skunk seeds that the guy swears he been repro them since the 80's that came out of mendocina back then. If they pan out hes going to send me some when he does a repro. 

Those Skunk seeds for $500.00 sound like Alaskan Cannabis Cache - RKS / Fort Bragg Skunk @flboy ??  Anyone have experience with ACC genetics / seeds ?? I’ve never been able to access their site, it’s been under construction for like a decade - Ha. I did recently receive an email response from them with their list though. Most all of their seeds are priced at $60 a pack with Purple U Dub, MTF, Mud Bud Delight, Pepe, & RKS being the exceptions. 

4 hours ago, Kingfish said:

Those Skunk seeds for $500.00 sound like Alaskan Cannabis Cache - RKS / Fort Bragg Skunk @flboy ??  Anyone have experience with ACC genetics / seeds ?? I’ve never been able to access their site, it’s been under construction for like a decade - Ha. I did recently receive an email response from them with their list though. Most all of their seeds are priced at $60 a pack with Purple U Dub, MTF, Mud Bud Delight, Pepe, & RKS being the exceptions. 

Those sound like the ones. Hieme cheba i think it is on IG. I have his list of offerings to. With most offerings is 60 i think its the same guy

I’m hearing through an extremely reliable source that the germ rates are far from ideal and you have to potentially do some serious pheno hunting to find the RKS  ?? For $500 a pack, those beans should be bulletproof in IMO. 

$500 a pack...crooks! Wait, Nixon may disagree about that...

Chasing a real RKS expression is a rabbit hole. I experienced one and haven't found or heard of anything coming close. I just ran through a bunch Mazar x Black Triangle. There is a plant in there that is similar on the palate. But it's not as loud in the bag. Best of fortune for the search. Today "RKS" is an outstanding marketing tool. 

images.jpeg.f57c407c7883ce787b9afe6eaddf5991.jpeg

5 hours ago, Kingfish said:

I’m hearing through an extremely reliable source that the germ rates are far from ideal and you have to potentially do some serious pheno hunting to find the RKS  ?? For $500 a pack, those beans should be bulletproof in IMO. 

Good to know on germ rates. I agree for that price they should have a guarantee attached. Thats the reason I'm still sittin on my 500 lol. I'll check with my buddy to see how he's doing with them. Not sure i could bring myself to spend that anyway. 

I took cuts from the ones i was gifted so soon as they root the mommys will get bloomed to see what they hold. Still might be worth holdin on to

• 2 months later...
29 minutes ago, flboy said:

Just put the 80's skunk in bloom so time to see what she holds. Maybe i should start a thread in no till living soil 

20201102_190259.jpg

Did those seeds come from me? If so you should keep a close eye for herms.

18 minutes ago, Smokin Joe said:

Did those seeds come from me? If so you should keep a close eye for herms.

No this come as a clone from nevada so not sure if there related brother. 

1 hour ago, Coastal said:

Looks a lot like the old super skunk I had a few years back!

I started a thread in soil if your interested to see how she turns out. 

@Coastal i just checked the report my buddy sent me when he grew this 80 skunk himself. His words is super skunky burnt rubber chemical funk. Did the super skunk you grew resemble this nose ?  Id love to know some back round on this cut

Yeah bud, super acrid burnt rubber/ electric fire kinda smell, that gains a funky berry taste/smell as it cures... one bud will stink out a vehicle quick!

Found a few different similar smells in my Afghan  chem skunk hunt... mostly in the DLA5 and stanky danks 78 afghan x skunk 18, but also in the Wolfpack and chemD x SSDD..

15 hours ago, Coastal said:

Yeah bud, super acrid burnt rubber/ electric fire kinda smell, that gains a funky berry taste/smell as it cures... one bud will stink out a vehicle quick!

Found a few different similar smells in my Afghan  chem skunk hunt... mostly in the DLA5 and stanky danks 78 afghan x skunk 18, but also in the Wolfpack and chemD x SSDD..

Hmm. Well he said its loud as fook so might be down the same line then. Nice to know i might have a little back round on her. We'll know in 10 weeks if it is the same as you describe. Sounds good to me 

Archived