Kingfish

Kingfish Seed Vault

Kingfish

Wasn’t sure exactly where to post this as my Nature Farm question ended up in the wrong place. I’ll get to my seed collection, but I’m curious about a few more breeders?? It seems that we are in a race against the GMO companies F-ing up  genetics. 

Anyone have experience with Dominion or Ethos - Skunks? Thx Lab

594276A3-6DD9-444C-9009-9D67B3A9B7C2.jpeg

60C80A90-B17D-485D-BD8A-1F8F22147F75.jpeg

shaggy

The skelly hashplant is supposed to be very close to roadkill skunk.

Not real easy to find from my memory.

I think it may have had a sex change to produce pollen.

Not a GMO thing as far as I can tell.

Edited by shaggyballs

Methods of inducing SAR Local Acquired Resistance and Induced Systemic Resistance                                   I.P.M. INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT

Do plants need silicon?                   ODA finds bottled microbes with little live organisms                          Welcome to Z-Library!

Coastal

I bought a pack of dominion seeds and plan on a few more some day. He seems like a good breeder and has some really cool old stuff he’s brought to the community!

not sure on that ethos cross, looks a little new school too me but might be good. I know people like their modern crosses.

Tynehead Tom

seeing the writing is clearly on the wall......

I started making seeds for long term storage and plan to spend the next few years going thru my entire vault , reproducing and preserving at least 100 seeds of everything. Starting with all of my packs of original F1 hybrids that are getting on in years.

fuck the big corporations, if a bunch of folks created thier own preservation projects of all thier beloved lines, there will always be non-corporate weed in circulation. Who knows.... maybe one day folks will lose a line , only to find it again in the bottom of my freezer haha

shaggy
36 minutes ago, Tynehead Tom said:

Who knows.... maybe one day folks will lose a line , only to find it again in the bottom of my freezer haha

@Tynehead Tom

Good lookin' out bro!

This more important now than ever before.

Methods of inducing SAR Local Acquired Resistance and Induced Systemic Resistance                                   I.P.M. INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT

Do plants need silicon?                   ODA finds bottled microbes with little live organisms                          Welcome to Z-Library!

frankslan

duke seems so cool i want to grow his gear next buts it's pricey. Check out the potcast episodes with him. I like how he really tests everything and tells you right on the pack. Resistant to light leaks or can handle heavey nutes. No herm issues. I dont think ive wver seen that from another breeder.

I believe hes searching for that road kill and is really close. I mean hes got a skunk as a logo.

Edited by frankslan

Comacus

So far I don't think anyone is finding any Skunk in the Dominion seeds though.  Might still be great smoke but no Skunk.

frankslan
23 minutes ago, Comacus said:

So far I don't think anyone is finding any Skunk in the Dominion seeds though.  Might still be great smoke but no Skunk.

Really I thought stuff pops up often. just not the perfect road kill holy grail skunk. Im just going by what duke said so idk. 

Edited by frankslan

Slick rick

One of other friends got all males out of a pack of dukes gear I would go buy three packs of bodhi's gear before buying dukes gear as no one found anything skunky an most have look through the parents of the crosses If anything buy the etho at least he isn't making claims like Duke an allot of other folks with the rks

frankslan

@slickrick  thanks for the info guys dodge a bullet there. Right on It is mad expensive I could probably get 6 packs for bodhi for that. Or some auction packs. plus you have to order from seedhere and they are sketchy. 

Edited by frankslan

Kingfish

Thank You everyone for the input. I’m going to stick with GLG and a few from DC Seed Exchange who has Hazeman at $50 per pack. Any thoughts on Hazeman genetics like Chocolate Thai, Neville’s Skunk, and Blue Stilton?? Really competitive pricing, which is a nice option for folks. 

Shoreline Genetics?? Are they working with the Houston based cut of Shoreline or is it a remake with the NL5? I’m just hoping to find something other than sweet skunks really...

For what it’s worth - Neville believes that it may be easier finding / isolating that old school Skunk from the older crosses like Nordle, Devil, and Critical Mass (it’s definitely in there)  as opposed to where the breeding has headed with Skunks. May be the same for UFS / Skunk 18 / 69 Skunk?

Stoned Cold Bulldog

ethos gear if your interested should be scrutinized via threads and growers who dealt with them. i can't recall the negative about their gear but whatever it was i passed on their stuff because of it. my recall is sporadic but once i pass on a pollen chucker i just remember not to deal with them.

yes, saw duke podcast and the dude knows about the plant and growing mos def. Yet, with that said if you think you going to find RKS IN HIS GEAR IT'S NOT HAPPENING PERIOD. Not with him or anyone else who claims they have RKS or breed stuff that has these genes in them.  I FOR ONE DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT THE rks ANYMORE, mainly because so many awesome available genetics can be had and not to mention i rather not grow something that's so stinky it's going to risk my safety. I'm a flavor and effect   hunter when it comes to strains. aroma is just an added bonus but i never go after shit based on what it smells like. folks can select or buy what they want but that idea is crazy to me. all the stem rub bs is too imho.  ok, so you get a stem rub which is subjective to get an idea about terps the plant has. Yet, anybody who knows aroma and flavor don't often translate to the end product. that's why we are so happy when/if it does. 

it can smell like a strawberry/peach or whatever but if i taste it and  the flavor isn't palatable i don't want to keep it in most all cases. strains that have certain desirable characteristics i really like might be kept to see if i can induce flavor into it.  Krome's white cut comes to mind as it's knock was always the flavor. yet i felt the flavor was just dank and quite appealing. with the classic old school toe cheese smell when ground up.  i would love to have the white cut as i only smoked buds and never ran it. it was offered but i had to shut down in 09. since then my source of elte cuts/strains is no more. smdh 

Coastal

@Stoned Cold Bulldog I dont think the stem rub is BS for one of many tools that can be used .. but in a few lines I have worked, i found i extremely helpful to start as many seeds as possible then kill 90% based on identifiable  traits like stem rub,leaf shape/serrations,colouring and structure...

I find right before they show sex or really side branch, at about 3-4 weeks from sprout they will get a bit of the resin and that's when I cull/select potential keepers... you still have to test them but I've found the advantage of doing 100+ seeds to select your ten is better than hoping traits develope out of less smelly plants.

Some varieties this doesn't work as well, and ultimately you have to have grown out a few batches of plants from a line to really know if traits are correlated... 

Kingfish

IN HOUSE GENETICS

Apologies as I’m a bit rusty and crusty at the moment. Haven’t posted in awhile and I am dealing with 3rd mutation of current flu - about 5 to 6 weeks now. In House Genetics seem to be highly coveted, especially newer releases. Pretty funny that for a few years whenever I saw “In House Genetics” listed, I assumed it was a seed bank or a sellers internal or “in house” breeding program. I’m usually not a hype guy as there are endless amounts of quality genetics and excellent breeders at affordable prices. Just curious if many Lab members have run “In House” gear? I suppose I am most interested in their version of “Platinum” which appears to be a cross of UW Hashplant and Perma Frost as this seems to really boost the frost production - similar to say Krome’s The White. What is your experience with Slurricane IX @Johne71? In House Genetics seeds are extremely pricey in the range of Mean Gene Freeborn Selections and Pacific Northwest Roots at about $250 to $300 a pack for newer releases.

This kind of segues or dovetails into my next question. Any Lab members purchased from “The Seed Cellar” in MI? They seem to want way more personal information than I am willing to share for a simple seed purchase. Wondering if it’s any easier or less intrusive information wise for a in person transaction? Thank you for any input on both fronts Lab.

Johne71

Hi @Kingfish,

I’ll share my own experience but please realize I haven’t been a grower for long so anything that looks good with my Slurricane grow can be attributed to the genetics.  

Outdoor in central Midwest she was a beast.  Very impressive girl with very little maintenance.  It suffered very late with some bud rot, but did amazingly well.  I didn’t save any photos And wanted to scrub my digital history.  

Indoor grows have been varied.  See my albums and you’ll see a huge difference in those two plants.  One had very thick buds (still hanging) and the other were pretty airy, but beautiful.  

Seems to do well with training...I haven’t just let her go yet.   I grow for fun and not to sell, so I’m not much help when it comes to efficiency.  Haven’t had any herm and crossed her to a few of my own plants for future grows.  

j

Kingfish

Thank you for response @Johne71. Platinum Kush Breath Remix is another cross that looks interesting to me. These packs seemed to sell out almost overnight.

34A984A6-97B6-4AC0-97B0-1218FAA1E8F8.jpeg

Johne71
32 minutes ago, Kingfish said:

Thank you for response @Johne71. Platinum Kush Breath Remix is another cross that looks interesting to me. These packs seemed to sell out almost overnight.

34A984A6-97B6-4AC0-97B0-1218FAA1E8F8.jpeg

Yes.  I would support that decision 💯.  That’s one I’ve had my eye on for a while too.  It’s got superb eye appeal for sure.  
j

Ilynnboy
Posted (edited)

@Kingfish.  I’ve been following In-house for a year or longer on Instagram.

IMO You will be buying a Lamborghini that drives like a Yugo.

They have great looking gear, just don’t look for fat thick arm sized buds as they have Lower yielding plants.

Not slamming their gear just stating what I’ve seen after following them.

THEIR slurricane and Jelly breath look amazing in pictures.

BeLeaf cannabis Loves their gear.

I for one would spend my money elsewhere tho.

Mostly seen little plants with little buds.

They All better be keepers for that price when @Usefulsells proven fem seeds for $60 a pack from elite clones..

Or @Pupilfamhas those killer looking plants everywhere for $100 a pack for fems
Or Gromer has some killer looking plants too

Its your money tho.

Caveat emptor my brother...

Not slamming just offering my 2cemts

Their pics are tempting 

Edited by Ilynnboy

Kingfish

Thank you @Ilynnboy, I believe I’ll stick to my current seed pack rule of $100 being the absolute maximum as there’s tons of amazing gear and breeders in the $60 to $100 range. 

Ilynnboy
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Kingfish said:

Thank you @Ilynnboy, I believe I’ll stick to my current seed pack rule of $100 being the absolute maximum as there’s tons of amazing gear and breeders in the $60 to $100 range. 

I just went and looked at In-houses gear on IG, it does look hella frosty..

Edited by Ilynnboy

Johne71

It definitely is frosty but I would agree with @Ilynnboy    Cola production inside has been on the small side.  If I put one outside this year they get a lot more dense.   If you’re after yield though, there are some donkey cola producers out there for sure.  The prices can be high for sure and they are definitely countless alternatives that produce a lot of frost.  I’ve found it to be a bit more time consuming to trim, but indoor I keep them on the small side.  About as thick as my finger and not my wrist.  

I’ll see what it it will do this year.  I might gave some photos on a hard drive too.  I’ll check.  

j

Kingfish

Pretty sure I’ll go with either Strayfox White Mocha (The White x Koffee) or something in the Tony Green Gorilla Bubble family for frost production. It’s going to be a while before I’m able to do anything regardless. 

Coastal

A lot of the seed guys figured out if you add a shit ton of potassium silicate while the buds are forming they get ridiculous stupid frost levels... you can tell by the tiny buds that look done at day 40 and the curled up sugar leaves and buds that mature at the crown...

You could probably get bigger nug off those with a less aggressive /non potassium based feed.. but then you would lose a bit of that frost they are known for too..

ombra_muta
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Coastal said:

if you add a shit ton of potassium silicate while the buds are forming they get ridiculous stupid frost levels... you can tell by the tiny buds that look done at day 40 and the curled up sugar leaves and buds that mature at the crown...

Very interesting! Someone could say it's "cheating a bit" 🤨

The plants are beautiful for sure, but I don't like they rely pretty much on GSC crosses (I don't like GSC, too heavy and demotivating for me). What's the point in having 40 strains that look all alike?

Edited by ombra_muta

Kingfish

Excellent point @Coastal, thanks for that info. Nothing really surprises me when there is money at stake. “Crapitalism again at it’s no so finest.”

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use Guidelines Privacy Policy and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..