Cape Town

Zoot

hi there. I'm a novice grower but an avid smoker. I enjoy organically grown buds of all varieties from landraces to the latest genetics. Cannabis is a strong interest of mine and a a release from the rat race. I'm looking for Bodhi seeds, exotic genetics, dominion seeds, PNW roots seeds, landrace seeds and any old school classics. Peace

thank you, gents. i'll post some pics as soon as i get my setup running in my new home. just settling in and damn this joint is gonna be a lot of work. i'm trying to get good genetics to Cape Town but it isn't as easy as i hoped it would be 

6 minutes ago, Afghan said:

i'm trying to get good genetics to Cape Town but it isn't as easy as i hoped it would be 

South Africa? damn i would be growing some big ass sativa out that way. you got to be like in the mid 70's this time of year

40 minutes ago, zoot said:

South Africa? damn i would be growing some big ass sativa out that way. you got to be like in the mid 70's this time of year

its up at 85 this time of year. feb is our hottest month. we usually yield outdoors in March

Greetings and welcome to the Lab @Afghan.

Man...85F outside right now! Yup long flowering point of origin strains for the win! 

I'm getting ready to warp up the 10-11 week types after this run and dive into some 16 week+ point of origin projects. Those have to be run indoors here...at 46.5* north latitude. Unless one had a light dep greenhouse and some early season heat added it might be possible. 

Do you have local seed banks down that way? Africa is full prized genetics.

Welcome to The Lab @Afghan, it’s an incredible place with wonderful peeps. I have a buddy that just returned from Nigeria after two weeks of work. He told me he enjoyed several African and even Indian Sativa varietals in the those two weeks. I’m sure it helped immensely to be working and interacting with local folks in this regard. I’m pretty sure you are swimming in great genetics in that part of the world, but you may have to get creative in acquiring Indicas there? My friend is heading back to Nigeria in a few weeks, going to beg him to acquire seeds for me. I did just save him about 20K in repairs on his last trip as he had no heat in house and it was close to zero. So I believe he’ll be hunting seeds for me woohoo!!

On 2/4/2019 at 12:30 AM, Kind024 said:

Do you have local seed banks down that way? Africa is full prized genetics.

We do but I'm reluctant to work with them. Some of the guys are ripping off the locals big time. Some are selling the seeds for double the price that you could get them online. I was trying to get some Sensi Jack Herer seeds. At PEVgrow.com $138 (Spanish seedbank) and greeensmokeroomseeds.com $282 (South African seedbank). I understand that everybody has to make a living but i mean you don't have to make a killing. The only way of trading fairly in Africa at the moment is if you know the growers. The seedbanks are just a ripoff 

@Afghan, sorry to hear abot the prices brother. I'm the same way though...my pocket will open so far for a seed. The increase in price doesn't guarantee an increased chance of finding a gem.

We are very fortunate to have GLG around...the real deal at fair prices and they give the most generous freebies in the market.advertisement_alt

I apologize, I don't know if they don't reach out that far...someone will verify this shortly i'm sure.

I wish you the best of fortune on your search.

Archived