zombug

The Seed Collector Thread redux

zombug

At the wonderful suggestion of @frankslan, I would like to humbly welcome you all to "The Seed Collector Thread" redux! So many of us love trading, buying, making, and gifting beans. Many of us are familiar with the legendary thread, that has traversed many forums over the years. This is the perfect place to keep everybody up to date with all that is hot, and all that is not, as well as anything that might be getting slept on 😉 

To kick it off, I just scored this nice little bundle yesterday! Wrenches in the plans.lol I am stoked on all of them, but the Durban Thai Highflyer f3's are going to be some exceptional fun!

IMG_4891.JPG.a37b9abf41bc0406f14b2fa02291a420.JPG

Post em if you got em!!!!!!!!

frankslan

nice I didnt see you started one.

Here the coolest strain i acquired pure landrace. 

20180716_123908.thumb.jpg.ceaea65b97cc6015df4f21edb37a2fc0.jpg

And here is my first ever seed order. 

1345507275_20170103_123826(1).thumb.jpg.00811ed1735dd358c4ac0317ae52f3c9.jpg

20170817_125638.thumb.jpg.e0d00aea3ce8ee8ddd30746f2b55aabd.jpg.689a7d917b9d6482a5bfc7b05986896e.jpg

these guys were from farmer joe he really hooked me up the tk x og ^2 was the best plant ive grown some real fire in these beans I think.

check him out on IG ( @therealfarmerjoe420 ) i believe hes getting rid of a few cool items charity thing.  (Xmas, 88g13, pine tar, SSH '97 f3) 

@zombug I asked them if we can put it in the start here section i think more people will see it there. 

Edited by frankslan

zombug
7 hours ago, frankslan said:

nice I didnt see you started one.

Here the coolest strain i acquired pure landrace. 

20180716_123908.thumb.jpg.ceaea65b97cc6015df4f21edb37a2fc0.jpg

And here is my first ever seed order. 

1345507275_20170103_123826(1).thumb.jpg.00811ed1735dd358c4ac0317ae52f3c9.jpg

20170817_125638.thumb.jpg.e0d00aea3ce8ee8ddd30746f2b55aabd.jpg.689a7d917b9d6482a5bfc7b05986896e.jpg

these guys were from farmer joe he really hooked me up the tk x og ^2 was the best plant ive grown some real fire in these beans I think.

check him out on IG ( @therealfarmerjoe420 ) i believe hes getting rid of a few cool items charity thing.  (Xmas, 88g13, pine tar, SSH '97 f3) 

@zombug I asked them if we can put it in the start here section i think more people will see it there. 

I'm cool with putting it anywhere. I wasn't sure the most appropriate place to put it. That is a really nice order for your first one. I ordered some Blueberry Kush seeds back in 2001. I didn't even have a computer or internet in the home.

zoot
13 hours ago, frankslan said:

Yes,  @farmerjoe420 is auctioning some seeds off on IG they end today though, some real gems at a great price.

I did talk to him and he should be stopping by. 

Here is some of his work I got from 2013

image.thumb.jpg.61f7657a874fcf0c7fcf3b6cc3c4c719.jpg

And here we got some ‘79 Xmas Bud and crosses along with some Yeti  and crosses. I do have another yeti x star fighter somewhere in my stash. 

image.thumb.jpg.5f29196aeff99a74572bfbb5a1293b8f.jpg

I'm just a billiard ball that's chipped and scratched and soaked in smoke and wine.

Yeah, I'm a little too stoned to keep up with the times

Slick rick

If any one wants some Xmas crosses I have some bubba an ghost og an a few others I will toss for free 

frankslan

@slickrick How was the x-mas bud? I want to pop that deathstar soon. I hear people say its a hash plant other say its that piney bud from back in the day. What was the nose on yours? 

zombug

And we don't gotta keep it only about seeds in here. 😉

These little ladies arrived today, in mint condition!

Grass Valley Nepalese Hash Plant

IMG_4897.JPG.a75638fc8f57e051eb75c4e1a3f34ab0.JPG

MendoBreath f3, Michelle cut

IMG_4895.JPG.afa84855318bd7d6ebcccd8cfa2282fb.JPG

theeee Super Silver Haze

IMG_4894.JPG.c33714c8634ad7a1f97c0284ea1cc718.JPG

and Super Lemon Haze

IMG_4896.JPG.3cc1b3acf46b3c98aab3437c53f8c364.JPG

I am super stoked to have the Grass Valley Nepalese HP again. I will definitely be commencing with the Nep HP bx, using Mean Nepalese from Round Table Selections, being Nepalese HP x FireOG/DeepChunk. It stands to be a really stable, and easy bx, with some nasty outliers that melt faces. We will see! 

zoot

Nice cuttings choices

I'm just a billiard ball that's chipped and scratched and soaked in smoke and wine.

Yeah, I'm a little too stoned to keep up with the times

zombug

@zoot Thanks! It was all extra in my mission to get the Grass Valley Nep. Still very appreciated! The SSH was one I just never went after, maybe thinking I wan't gonna get the real-deal. I always wanted her though. 

frankslan

dude cant wait to see the ssh my buddy loves ssh. He used to grow that once in a while but from seed fems but its a short season here so I never really see its true potential. Still his favorite. I almost bought the 97' f3s that were up the other day but moneys tight kind of wish I pulled the trigger though. 

Edited by frankslan

zombug
39 minutes ago, frankslan said:

dude cant wait to see the ssh my buddy loves ssh. He used to grow that once in a while but from seed fems but its a short season here so I never really see its true potential. Still his favorite. I almost bought the 97' f3s that were up the other day but moneys tight kind of wish I pulled the trigger though. 

I destroyed my seed-buying money this year with the move, so I was not able to buy those seeds either.

xxPeacePipexx

I've recently began to assemble another collection after digging through the years and years worth of work alongside the many I had collected one way, or another.

After eight years I give myself one year, and if I have not grown anything remaining it becomes bird food for the parrots I rescued.

Aging has taken a toll, so now I'm going to hold a four year rule. After the final fith year this box's remnants will be bird food again.

Star plants have a universal signature ...

Coastal

@xxPeacePipexx you could donate them to auctions... seems a lot of people are getting needed support in times of trouble.. really cool I think seeing the community come together, and some people would probably be stoked to pop some of that “bird food”lol

xxPeacePipexx

Indeed Coastal. But you should see my birds when they see this box I've used throughout the years lol. They are all about the seeds here so I can not even leave one seed anywhere without one of them eating it. Worse though was when one ate hash out of a pipe in an ashtray. He didn't talk for a week, let alone move off of his perch.

Love that notion of donation. This time around there won't be a single breeders pack in my box other than my own , and it will be filled with magic🎇 It would be nice to share the wealth and work this time. Pay it forward is more than just a monetary thing, its a way of living around the last of my people, family and friends that are true to the old ways...

Walk in peace ✌

Star plants have a universal signature ...

frankslan

Hey guys I bought a auction pack it comes with ghash. Is that the 88g13hp? 

also whats B1GChem is it like 91?  

Edited by frankslan

zombug
1 hour ago, frankslan said:

Hey guys I bought a auction pack it comes with ghash. Is that the 88g13hp? 

also whats B1GChem is it like 91?  

Ghash was one of the two cuts held from the 88g13HP. Are these in seed form?

BigWyrm's Chem is just a fake chem91 that was floating around for a while. I don't recall if it was an s1 or what, but people liked it enough to keep it around once it was found out, and continued to breed with it. 

frankslan

@zombug ah man thats kind of a bummer oh well Im sure its decent . The ghash is in seed form, it said ghash #6.

I got more lhb x og2 too and a pre 98 x og2. Im might snatch the ska va 91 x OG2 thats the one I really wanted. 

Edited by frankslan

zombug

@frankslan I don't think there is anything to be bummed about, as there are people that still run the two cuts side by side. I haven't tried it, but it has to be fire to be passed as chem91 for a couple years!!! I'm sure the Ghash seeds will be just like the mom. That line has seen some work.

Slick rick

I will see if I have the 91 x og2 I know I have some skva s1 I can pass u I will see if I can get the bigwrns 91 cut again shoot me a pm with a addy an I got them beans out as I'm going to post today to mail a few things

OrganicFarmer

fullsizeoutput_1104.thumb.jpeg.2cb5f5d18b8b3cdb97d87afa4f65f1b1.jpeg

Here's my seed vault. I've got quite a few different things over the last few years.

Tynehead Tom

I can't go listing off my whole vault..... would be just too much.

But "Preservation Tube" #5 just went into cold storage, not to be opened for at least 5 years when a germ test will be done. These will be fridge stored for 2 more weeks at +4C and then they will go to the deep feeze at -18C

Varieties being preserved in this tube in pack sizes of 50 to 300 seeds each.

Old Grandpa Scratch F2 #1, #2, #3

Bubba Royale 

Chunk D hashplant

*Chunk D hashplant Blueberry pheno

Swordfish

Wildfire Hashplant

Strawberry Chunk

Gorilla Bubble BX2 F2

Darlin's Net #3 F2

Scout Breath F2

Strawberry Kushbreath #2 Mendo pheno x Scoutbreath

Strawberry Kushbreath #3 big fat purple pheno x Scoutbreath

Long Valley Royal kush F10, F11, F11 BX1

Pure Royal

Mandelbrot #7 F2 (long valley)

Super Collider Kush

Darlins net x  (Atomic NL5 x Tom Hill Deep Chunk)

she's a full tube 😄

Edited by Tynehead Tom

PlantLady

@OrganicFarmer  Man, that is some treasure chest you have there!!!

I'm going to be a seed collector too someday...won't be able to help myself. I grow flowers and veggies for two farmers markets and have 18 gallon totes full of "boring" seeds. Maybe I should go dump out the biggest metal tool box now and shine it up, so I will be prepared for the inevitable (hehe). 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use Guidelines Privacy Policy and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..