Cloning

Whitelightning

Whitelightning

I have a stem top that in going to clone,and I was wondering what light cycle I use when it goes back under the lights, this is a first time clone here for me. Thank u.... Pat.

• Like 2
  • Nice Job 1
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Whitelightning

• frankslan

• shaggy

• Stewart169

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Kingfish Not to bust your chops here, I know everyone has been doing it since forever.😍 But I found a new study from Canadian Journal of Plant Science that shows:   When leaf tips

@Tynehead Tom1983 Edition  

I found clones root better with a dark period... there was a really good grow book in the late 90’s called how to supercharge your garden that did tests and found 16hrs light even beneficial... I thin

Posted Images

GoodEnergyGrower
11 minutes ago, Whitelightning said:

I have a stem top that in going to clone,and I was wondering what light cycle I use when it goes back under the lights, this is a first time clone here for me. Thank u.... Pat.

@Whitelightning  you are going to want to run your lights 18 to 24 hours for clones, seedlings.     I do 18 hours some prefer 24.....all on you though:)    

here is a tutorial from the forum for reference if need be....good luck!    

https://www.z-labs.nl/community/topic/478-cloning-nubs-wayupdated/?page=1

Edited by GoodEnergyGrower
  • Nice Job 2

hmmmmm.......

Studies have shown it is better to only leave about 3 leaves on the cut.

Also it is best not to cut the leaves in half.

I will try and find the research paper if I can.

Any question feel free to ask.

Most here are eager to help!:5899aa396ca33_weedteddy:

• Like 1
  • Great Advice 1
  • Nice Job 2

Do plants need silicon?       

Welcome to Z-Library!

Kingfish

If you’re going old school with a dome then cut leaves for transpiration, if using aeroponic  clone machine this isn’t necessary at all.

• Yummy 1

@Kingfish

Not to bust your chops here, I know everyone has been doing it since forever.😍

But I found a new study from Canadian Journal of Plant Science that shows:

When leaf tips were removed, rooting success rate was lowered from 71% to 53%.

When leaf tips were removed, cuttings of basal origin had lower rooting success rate than apical cuttings (43% vs. 63%

Rooting success was similar between cuttings with two and three leaves, suggesting that two leaves may provide sufficient carbohydrates, auxin and rooting co-factors.

Notably, three leaves increased root quality over two. The observed quality improvement was likely caused by the additional carbohydrates, rooting co-factors, endogenous auxin.

summary

Based on this finding, it is recommended that cannabis cuttings be taken with three or potentially more leaves (to improve rooting quality) so long as humidity during propagation can be adequately maintained and it is recommended that leaf tips not be cut in cannabis cuttings.

If less leaf material is desired to conserve space in the propagation environment or to prevent evapotranspiration stress, then fewer whole leaves be used instead.

Leaf cutting influenced rooting success rate while leaf number influenced root quality.

If your leaves are sitting on the dome or overlaped too much that will cause fungus problems so consider that in all this @Whitelightning

I wanted to do a thread on it but I just have not had the time.

Now I threw it all away on a newbie thread.........LOL:smoking-a-joint-smiley-emoticon:

Here it is.

rooting.pdf

Peace

:smoking-banana-smiley-emoticon:    Shag

Edited by shaggyballs
  • Like 2
  • Great Advice 2
  • Nice Job 3

Do plants need silicon?       

Welcome to Z-Library!

On 1/23/2019 at 10:32 AM, shaggyballs said:

Studies have shown it is better to only leave about 3 leaves on the cut.

Also it is best not to cut the leaves in half.

I will try and find the research paper if I can.

Any question feel free to ask.

Most here are eager to help!:5899aa396ca33_weedteddy:

On 1/23/2019 at 7:56 AM, Whitelightning said:

• Nice Job 1

Well, according to shag's findings, I've been doing it all wrong (and with great success I might add) lol.

So... I'll offer no suggestions and instead lend support 🙂

I have no doubt you will find what works best for you.

• Like 3
  • Nice Job 1

Coastal

I found clones root better with a dark period... there was a really good grow book in the late 90’s called how to supercharge your garden that did tests and found 16hrs light even beneficial... I think plants put more energy into roots and sugar movements in their rest state.

• Like 3
  • Great Advice 1
  • Nice Job 2
Kingfish
43 minutes ago, imiubu said:

Well, according to shag's findings, I've been doing it all wrong (and with great success I might add) lol.

So... I'll offer no suggestions and instead lend support 🙂

I have no doubt you will find what works best for you.

The more the merrier @imiubu, the only correct method is the one that delivers. Whatcha got?

@shaggyballs is all spun out in “The Shaggin’ Wagon”

• Haha 2
  • Nice Job 1
Whitelightning

The plant started to flower about 2 week ago, and was put in light change12-12 about a week and a half ago, it has a flower on it, doitake the bud or do I let it be befor my monster clone attempt. Thank u👩‍🌾

It would be best to let her reveg for several weeks before you take the cutting.

Let it put on some new growth then take a cutting.

You can cut and root a bud but it is more difficult and may not take.

• Nice Job 1

Do plants need silicon?       

Welcome to Z-Library!

2 hours ago, imiubu said:

I've been doing it all wrong

If you have success it can not be wrong.

I would just say you have room for improvement.😍

Just another tool in your tool box.

Have to be careful how I word that, it sounded funny the way I first wrote it.....oops...:smoking-a-joint-smiley-emoticon:

• Nice Job 1

Do plants need silicon?       

Welcome to Z-Library!

Kingfish

How large is the plant? Does it just have a single central flower forming and how big is the bud formation? You can literally “nip it in the bud” and cut the bud site out or simply reveg depending on scenario? Do you have a photo of her to post? Sometimes the re-vegged bud sites have insane growth. 

• Nice Job 1
Whitelightning

Well I did a super crop, long story short I just built my room and fine tuning the air, heat, and the humidity, well she got hot one night and I lost the top, and it has a bud, the plant is about 2.5 months old, I’d have to look...lol

05BBCA17-CBC7-4A9D-8308-EE4D001E0DF0.jpeg

96DFFDD0-9950-40BD-94D6-4748AD07E958.jpeg

7DDB18E4-8F2B-473E-8B1E-B3D570402F89.jpeg

41115027-9A34-403E-8763-DD7E3779233C.jpeg

6D740DA5-774E-4BDB-8D56-6BB4FD706F31.jpeg

• Like 1

Your first grow?  My goodness they are beautiful and look very healthy, wow.

I've never revegged so, again I'll be of no help.

Pix are worth a thousand words lol and now I get what you were asking 🙂

The guys can help ya along for sure.

• Like 1
  • Nice Job 1

Whitelightning

Well thank you, it’s actullay my second grow, lots to learn but like anything else u get out of it what u put into it, right.  My tent sits in an air tight room I built and made my own heat system, air etc. here is a few Picts.

Edited by Whitelightning
  • Nice Job 1
4 minutes ago, Whitelightning said:

Well thank you, it’s actullay my second grow, lots to learn but like anything else u get out of it what u put into it, right. 

Absolutely.

I think it will be exciting to reveg that top.  I'll be following along to watch your success. 

• Nice Job 1

• 2 weeks later...
Tynehead Tom
On 1/24/2019 at 8:42 AM, Coastal said:

I found clones root better with a dark period... there was a really good grow book in the late 90’s called how to supercharge your garden that did tests and found 16hrs light even beneficial... I think plants put more energy into roots and sugar movements in their rest state.

first published in 1996 in British Columbia Canada by grow guru Graham Reindeers , How To Super Charge Your Garden.

I got my copy in 1999 and it is the New Millenium Edition ..... an invaluable resource for indoor growing "anything".

The section on cloning is one of the best I've seen in print.

1999 New Millenium Edition How to Supercharge Your Garden - Copy.jpg

Edited by Tynehead Tom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Nice Job 1
Coastal

@Tynehead Tom ha ha fuck I can’t believe you actually have that! I read that book front to back a million times in the 90’s but I’ve never seen or heard it since!

the cover looks different, mine was just white with a drawn on cover.

• Like 2
Tynehead Tom
3 hours ago, Coastal said:

@Tynehead Tom ha ha fuck I can’t believe you actually have that! I read that book front to back a million times in the 90’s but I’ve never seen or heard it since!

the cover looks different, mine was just white with a drawn on cover.

I also have a 1993 edition of Indoor Marijuana Horticulture..... signed by Mr Greengenes 

was the first book I was given "back in the day" .... followed by Marijuana Botany a few years later LOL

• Like 4
  • Nice Job 1