NYCO x GB

Tonygreen

Keeping it moving...

This line comes from Dr. Ps outstanding diesel and orange work as well as Loudogs selection of basically my entire gb line I sent him.

F1s sprouted to begin selection. More info to come but first...

NYCO x GB grown by Chemdogmillionaire...

user369457_pic1897063_1541240566.jpeg

user369457_pic1900909_1542574405.jpeg

user369457_pic1900908_1542574405.jpeg

user369457_pic1900907_1542574405.jpeg

user369457_pic1909958_1545826277.jpeg

user369457_pic1909957_1545826277.jpeg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The plan is nyco x gb f2s. Also nyco x gb x nyco fem pollen crossed to the winner f1 male selection.

We'll see if this nyco fem pollen lou sent me holds up in the freezer while i find some p1 selections...

2 lines and two moves to lock in orange breeding lines...

Guest antheis

i got these as freebies with my gdubb order but had some bad (store bought) seedling mix and they all died along with half my gdubb pack.
i've gotten over it, but goddam if these don't look fucking delicious.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They say everyone has their match. Often times it is uncanny.

However there was only one glue leaning plant out of thebNYCO x GB F1. I about killed all of these with a gnat infestation that destroyed seedlings roots then they starved themselves to death for 6 weeks... 

The tall glue leaner will probably be a male... If it is female ill be shocked.

No smells yet. They were hurting...

0419192102b-1~2.jpg

Well the big lanky one threw a pistil!

I splurged on a jug of flora micro. Gb loves that stuff. Should be lookin spiffy soon.

If she turns out like i think im gonna be happy as heck.

On 4/19/2019 at 9:29 PM, Tonygreen said:

They say everyone has their match. Often times it is uncanny.

However there was only one glue leaning plant out of thebNYCO x GB F1. I about killed all of these with a gnat infestation that destroyed seedlings roots then they starved themselves to death for 6 weeks... 

The tall glue leaner will probably be a male... If it is female ill be shocked.

No smells yet. They were hurting...

0419192102b-1~2.jpg

So the whole back row/left is female. Top right is a girl. Bottom/rightt two are males.

Structurally the glue leaner is what i look for. Long node more open structure. These types are very easy to trim plant with less sugar leaf.

I wish either the glue leaner or one of the two big ones was a male.

Not gonna rush it. I have a few that are coming out of ICU that im going to sex and see whats there.

They were in a group that didnt recover well from the gnats and severe starvation. I thought they were all dead then i gave em a shot of flora micro and a few decided to shoot some growth.

Ive got some pure reversed fem pollen from the NYCO mom Loudog used. Might end up using that on the glue leaner mom if she passes stress tests. Not sure how viable the pollen will be but we'll see.

Not to excited about those two boys structurally but we'll see what gets decided after i get these others healthy and sexed. 

I like using twin males and females to make seed. That pic is a good example of the benefits of looking at stuff in lines. Ideally id like each pheno to have a male and female twin to make beans with. Then you could see which females flower the best for the nose and high you deem superior and then breed that pair.

I got pairs of the two middle phenos. The runt mom, the big girls and the glue leaner are missing their male match.

I got a few more out of icu to see if i can pair them up.

You get a much more consistant result in progeny when you use the "perfect twin". Of course that is all after selecting nose and affect or whatever your looking for.

I have high hopes for this line so im gonna hope my reversed fem pollen from the mom works and is viable for a fem line, a glue leaner line and an indica line. Using those three and the ruby red as a related cousin i will get a great idea where the potential i see in this line is.

If i dont find a twin male to the big fat leaf girls i will probably end up femming the glue leaner and open pol all the indica girls with the dudes.

Everything is on the table until i sex the last group and finalize a plan. The runt is going to be culled unless she develops some insane nose or something.

Notes from loudog on the mom and dads of this f1. Looks like the glue leaners was a bx3 male most likely.

Fairly stout in veg, but if given root space will really shoot up in flower. 

WLD variety with leaf structure, and dark green/waxy looking leaves.

Stem rubs smell of grapefruit/orange in flower, and even veg (moreso when mature and from clone than seed it seems). I'm running a bunch of OGC x NYCO fems and smells haven't come through as much, but seem to be getting more pronounced as they age.

On nyco mom, you just brush against her in veg and terps fill the room.

Topping and she gets bushy, growing more out that up until flipping.

End of life if not kept healthy, she'll have some sugar leaves dying back and is potential for boytritis, coupled with big spear shaped colas. Not too dense, the GB should improve there.

But GB dads were my favorities from BX1f1, BX2, BX3. I don't think I used any f3s. BX2 was like my GB keeper, more stout, a bit more sb leaning. BX1f1 was middle of the road. bx3 more lanky. so kinda a crap shoot wink.gif

In case you are wondering what icu looks like....

Full blown gnat attack, rotten roots on seedlings led to no water uptake that led to more rot and no nutrient uptake. 

Got a bunch like these. Thought they were dead and a shot of flora licious saved a few more. Top one may be a glue leaner. 

Up potted the last and into veg.

All my nyco x gb were almost lost like this. Real happy i didnt kill em lol.

0501192127a-1.jpg

0501192127.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

One of the ones i saved and glad i did. Smells like orange creamsicle. Got an orange bubblegum pheno too. Added to the keeper pile. Shitty pic sorry.

0530192351.jpg

Guest imiubu

Hey @Tonygreen  great save!  Thanks for showing how bad the plants looked, what caused it and how you saved them.

As a less experienced grower, I appreciate seeing that even experienced growers have issues and how they are corrected.

It inspires me to keep pushing on no matter how bad things might appear 🙂

Orange?  Yum!

:popcorn:

Been having the same problem i think.your pic look very familar.been chasing it as nutrient deficiency bumping up the feeds. in flower now 5 weeks yellowing but burnt tips. Pretty sure its the gnats. Ive beat em back a couple times with seven 5 dust watered in and sticky traps. But they seem to always come back.

• 1 month later...

Took my time selecting and testing.

I give you my orange bubbleicious male.

Smells just like the old gum used too!

Pumped up about this guy.

Two weeks in from full maturity under 75w cfl.

Let's make some beans!

20190711_005719.jpg

Guest gaines1016

been a minute since i have checked in.  definitely interested in an orange gb strain.  keep up the good work tony and crew.  looking forward to how this turns out

What's up Gaines. I got you bro.

Dusted an indica leaner and a tall sat Leaner with some nyco reversed fem pollen from loudogs selected cut. 

Gonna do the same with the dude in about a week.

One indica and one sat leaner left.

Double strawberry diesel fem pollen or og chem?

Thoughts?

Guest gaines1016
21 hours ago, Tonygreen said:

What's up Gaines. I got you bro.

Dusted an indica leaner and a tall sat Leaner with some nyco reversed fem pollen from loudogs selected cut. 

Gonna do the same with the dude in about a week.

One indica and one sat leaner left.

Double strawberry diesel fem pollen or og chem?

Thoughts?

either of those crosses sound good/interesting to me.  don't let my dumbass influence your decision:)  happy you are situated and doing your thing again.  

Eh I did em both!

Nice indica leaning wide leaf mom that smells like the cuties got the og chem packet. 

Intermediate 3/4 mom that smells like orange peel got the DSD.

Lou said the og chem is most viable. Nyco good and DSD least. Said his dsd male did the same. Poor seed set.

We'll see what we get!

Archived