afterthought autos. Strain descriptions

aridbud

59 minutes ago, shaggyballs said:

Nice work buddy!

This one sound interesting!

Does this one have blueberry terps?

Thanks for your accolades!

Yeah, a little berry compote on exhale or rolling her. The Sour Bubble comes through as well. Really fine auto, good for a satisfying sensation and a bit of the medicinal (blueberry for pain). Let the trichomes turn to amber, more of a sedative. I found it to be creative/social. Nice heady yield, too! "lekker"😋

It's a strain we worked on 1.5 years ago and shelved it for different projects, or sold it direct. Smiles  from several seem to tell us Pixie Styx is a contender with Azure Rocket, still, my favorite all around strain. This winter, knowing when it was time, we grew  out again to see if we needed to rework as so many want medium/large yielding autos. Impressed with the overall package as as we were back then, so it's a winner!  Taste, buzz high, ease of grow, and excellent to LST.

PX STX.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Doug58

My one Azure Rocket plant should be finishing up in the next 6 days I think. Wondering how much I will get out of it. Someone gave me an ounce of Arizona medical marijuana last summer and smoking enough to get me buzzed every night and I still have enough for 2 or 3 weeks. That was a half of Trainwreck and a half of Cannatonic. I'm going to likely end up with more than I can even use soon.

I have a Solar Wind that just entered flowering yesterday. I had two more started but grabbed the wrong jug when they were seedlings and watered them with one containing nutrients and fried two of them. I need to label my jugs of water. The Solar Wind that remains is doing really well. Bushy plant. 5 gallon pot.

I planted two Blueberry Jar seeds around two or three weeks ago in one pot. Both germinated and appear to be doing well. Started slow but now they a putting out leaves well. If one ends up being male I can dispose of it and keep the other but if both are female then I screwed up as they are in a 3 gallon pot.

I have some Kilter seeds but I want to grow that outside in a larger soft pot when it warms up. There was still snow on the ground in shaded areas in my location above the 45th parallel yesterday and it snowed last week. Was 28 degrees yesterday morning. It may not warm up this year at all.

I've got another grow tent I want to put up in my pole barn in a week or two. 4'x4'x6'8" .

I've got 3 gallon, 7 gallon and 10 gallon soft pots that I plan on using. My current grow tent is 2'x4'x5' which I will be using for starting seedlings.

I also have 6 Fastbud strains I will be starting once the temperature warms up and I get some room.

What size pots do you recommend for your Blueberry Jar strains? Under state law here you can grow 12 plants at a time. I don't see Solar Wind or Blueberry Jar mentioned in your strain descriptions.

Sounds like projects underway.

Use 5 gallon for Solar Wind and Blueberry jar. If you started them and transplanting, take care that you don't injure root ball....again, it stunts/stresses them.

Both Blueberry Jar and Solar Wind have descriptions on the GLG site, afterthought autos

Enjoy the Azure Rocket.

Guest Doug58

I haven't transplanted any of them. The GLG website apparently removes the listings because they sold out those strains. The only way to find the descriptions is to get creative in Googling them as there is no direct link.

BLUEBERRY JAR (Blueberry auto x Jack Herer auto hybrid)

Winning combination of Blue Berry auto and a Jack Herer hybrid auto. Fruity high sensation with the JH genes. Can grow tall ~36” taking 80 days to finish.  Best at 5 gallon container.

SOLAR WIND- NL hybrid

Northern Lights together with Russian auto crossed with Buzzy Body, it retains its strong flavor, dense bud structure and powerful high. She will grow to 28 to 30” (71-76cm) and will finish in about ~85 days. Recommend 5 gallon as it grows large.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a few on GLG....Jelly Breath and our version of Big Bud auto, Magnum Opus.

Thanks to all that served. 

Happy Memorial Day, one and all.

J Breath.JPG

IMG_2972.JPG

IMG_2975.JPG

^^^^^^^^^^^

Magnum, the bottom pic. Heady smoke.....a few say great insomnia, pain meds. I found it to be a good indica stone....definitely no pain.  ;o)

Guest Mountain Wizard

I've got to put a shout out to Aridbud and After thought Autos! During the late winter months I was compromised on all fronts. Physical injuries which results in financial limitations, inadequate space for number of plants eating to start, poor medium (too dense) low humidity (20-23%), less than optimal light source, poor light schedule due to heat overnight with closed closet door and open door would make it hard to sleep, small container size, and prob some others. After all that I have to say that my After thought seeds came through like a champ! Obviously I can't comment on size or growth rate, except they were faster than all others! I ended up testing Azure Rocket, Panthera, and Magnetic Midnight. All taken way too early due to lapse in supply, and still swollen fat bracts coated with sugar crystals and rock your world! And for the price of getting 14 seeds plus freebies, it's really a hell of a deal. Now I am growing some more with dedicated bigger containers and more space to see what these bad boys ( hopefully girls), can do! Hats off Aridbud, you gotta some good genes there!

Great, Mtn Wizard! Appreciate your comments and glad you had a good experience! Larger containers (3-5 gallon) do justice. Yes, you can grow in smaller vessels and yield will be less.

22 hours ago, aridbud said:

Thanks to all that served. 

Happy Memorial Day, one and all.

I just want to 2nd this sentiment by @aridbud. Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend. Thank You to all the men and women who have served your countries. I may not always agree with the administration’s choices and politics, but I am 1000% behind the armed forces soldiers. To everyone that has served, what you’ve endured and given up to protect us. THANK YOU!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Mountain Wizard

So I don't have any pics of autos, as I have had to constantly attack them as they grew to keep my head going, but can say that all of the strains I've tried so far ( 5) have been good and strong! The Azure Rocket makes me eat three times what a person should....and then go back for seconds! Lol Anyway here is a couple shots of plants that are Afterthought photos, but got mixed up and am playing a guessing game.IMG_20190624_054654887.thumb.jpg.0b5557f5dce3e39820500ffe76a4edaa.jpg

IMG_20190624_054748755.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imiubu

I'm considering some Afterthought strains to fill the Summer gap in my indoor garden.  Too hot in Summer to flower

and try to light dep here.  I'd be very interested in some pix @Doug58

@Mountain Wizard those buds look tasty and given their grow environment, I'm encouraged as to how they will turn

out under better conditions.  I do not need a "munchie" strain though lol  Thanks for sharing.

imiubu-any questions, holler.

Frankly, I've not come across a strain that does not induce the 'munchies'.

Curious about afterthought pics, as well. Mountain Wizard really has a nice focal point.

2 hours ago, Bugman said:

the high CBD autos i got r staying sorta short an taking alittle longer to show sex/flower .

Not sure which you are talking about. Yes, the high CBD autos we made several years ago do run short as opposed to other strains.

Are you using 5 gallon bucket? They'll stay short if in a 2 gallon container.

The Euro hemp is  finicky to germinate, then they really take off. Been using Great White powder....that definitely helps w/ germination.

Guest Mountain Wizard

@Doug58, thanks for the update. Hey bro it's prob better to keep info from other breeders in their respective place, since this is an Afterthought Autos section and thread. It's just a matter of respect I guess? I know you meant nothing of it, but just thought I would mention it.

Guest Doug58
26 minutes ago, Mountain Wizard said:

@Doug58, thanks for the update. Hey bro it's prob better to keep info from other breeders in their respective place, since this is an Afterthought Autos section and thread. It's just a matter of respect I guess? I know you meant nothing of it, but just thought I would mention it.

They were in the pictures I took a week ago when they were outside. If I didn't identify them someone would just ask me what they were anyway. 

I had a Fastbuds Gorilla Glue I started the week before around May 24th that took forever to start a growth spurt also. I had planted it in a 3 gallon pot as some other Fastbuds strains recommended. Then found out it should be in a 10 gallon pot. Didn't plan on repotting it to correct my mistake and the next thing I knew it went into a growth spurt where it was growing 4 inches one night, 3 inches another and soon approached 4 feet tall and is flowering. I planted that one in cheap potting soil that I added worm castings to and am using Fox Farms trio and CalMag. Well water and Ph down lowering water Ph from 7 to 6 but occasionally just water with well water so my Ph goes up and down between 6 and 7. 

I harvested a Fastbuds LSD-25 yesterday that has purple buds, purple trichomes and quite a few amber trichome heads but very few of the pistils turned brown. I dried a bud in the oven to try it and was buzzed for four hours.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is what Mountain Wizard was referring to.

53 minutes ago, Mountain Wizard said:

Yes, that is customary, MW, mentioning breeders other than on the web site, it's preferred to "Afterthought: Strains and Descriptions" . To my knowledge, FastBuds are not selling on GLG. Thanks for that, Mountain Wizard.

Although the purp flower macro was a nice shot, it's not one of ours. 

Archived