afterthought autos. Strain descriptions

aridbud

Pics soon to follow (at bottom)

afterthought autos....Have I Dreamed, or is it real?

Quality autoflower genetics since 2009.

20 GAUGE

First off, Auto AK47, Low Ryder, and Critical Auto are in the gene pool. This genetic makeup produces a very powerful “double barrel buzz” that is a great medicinal. She grows large, and depending on the container size used, will reach 30 to 40” (76-100cm), from emergence to maturity in 75 days.

AVGAS

This strain produces a dense resinous hard bud structure. A famous Kalashnikov strain has been reworked as an auto and enhanced with some white widow influences. Musty overtones from AK influence, it produces a stoney high. 70-74 days and up to 24” in height.

AZURE ROCKET 

This is one of our flagship strains being the first hybrid we developed over 9 years ago. Azure is very effective on pain control, depression, and anxiety issues. She grows to between 15 to 19” (38-48cm) and produces lower smaller side shoots. Roughly 65-68 days to maturity.

BLITZOID 

Because of her power, this appropriately named gem will grow to a maximum height of 32”. Generally it will easily achieve 24-28” (60-72cm) in height, with some side branching.  She will finish in approximately 70-80 days. Some phenos of this strain produce a dense hard bud structure, while others a looser wispy bud typical of many Sativa strains.     

BLUE BLAZES

Blue Blazes is a nice combination of Moonshine and Skunk, which provides the girth and growth, with the heady high of hybrids named. Grows 15-32” (38-81cm) and finishes in 76-80 days. Phenos have mouth-watering flavors or more of a wild berry over tone.

BUBBALOO  

Bubblelicious was developed in the Midwest then brought to the Netherlands in the 1990s to be further refined. Its plants grow vigorously and finish flowering in about 9 to 11 weeks. Bubblelicious is highly resinous and extra sweet. Grows 14”-20+”. This plant has a very purple Afghani bred into it so outside will go a lovely rich shade of purple.

BUZZY BODY 

By using Auto AK as the mother, crossed with another AK Auto strain, along with a bubblegum in the mix, this lady provides for a nice potent buzz felt from head to toe! She is an indica/sativa hybrid yet she retains most of her sativa qualities in her high. Hints of bubblegum hit the palate on exhale. Buzzy Body will reach up to about 14-22” (36-56cm) packing a medicinal punch of pain relief. She is a nice fast grower producing a fat cola along with some side branching. Harvest will take place in about 58-62 days. As if this is enough, Buzzy Body is also capable of withstanding cooler temperatures.

CORD VERDE

This strain is a genetic mix of Matanuska (Alaskan) auto, along with a lower Rocky Mountain Ruderalis (San Juan/Sangre de Cristo). She produces a swift cerebral all up high. This strain will be ready to harvest in about 70 days reaching up to 24” (56cm), some, depending on grow mediums grow smaller making for an ideal conceal plant. Part of the "original" Matanuska Thunderfuck, both created in a smaller mountain ruderalis hybrid. The flavor is a pungent, unmistakable, orange-citrus. The aroma from this lady, once burnt, will fill a room with her sweetness. 

CRAVE

Sweet Tooth hybrid- grows into large cola, some at 3 ft. with lower branches to maximize LST. It is a full bodied plant that requires very little skill to grow, and guarantees a heavy harvest of high quality. Peppery sweet taste finishing in ~80 days.

CROSS EYED JACK

Using Jack Herer auto genetics, crossed with Northern Lights, Mi5 and a high THC Spanish auto. Typical heights will be somewhere around 24-30” (61-76cm). The Jacks have an intense herbal taste with a soft, sweet aftertaste which lingers for a while after inhaling.

DIABLO GRANDE

The Ogre component in her genetics shows unique accelerated growth characteristics not seen in many auto flowering strains. Add to this an incense-like aroma with a hint of lemon. With a prolific branching system, the OGRE component of Diablo Grande produces very large yields with oversized aromatic buds. The White Domina portion of her is a psychoactive variety of auto which helps give this lady her kick. Diablo Grande is a strain that tends to form a thick and large central cola. Due to her Sativa influences and prolonged vegetative state growth, Diablo will take a little longer than other autos and will finish in about 85 - 90 days.

FUEL FILLED

In this strain we start off with the famous Kalashnikov strain reworked as an auto and enhanced with some white widow influences. Then into the mix we add a quick finishing strain of Blue cheese and Lowryder#2. Together it creates a long lasting high that will relax your body and has a numbing euphoric effect. She is very strong with a sweet skunk flavor and odor.

GAS & GUNS 

Diesel Ryder x AK influence. This GAS & GUNS hybrid is an inbred cross of Soma’s NYC Diesel and Lowryder No.2 and produce very potent, extremely resinous and tasty marijuana plants. Produces a mid-sized auto with great potency and very good yields. Strong buzz mixed with a very uplifting and surprisingly strong social high. 70-75 days.          

KILTER

This large sized-auto hybrid produces plants for a nice daytime high. Plant in 5 gallon container as she likes to spread her roots and grows to be 34-38”. Using the Domina and Ogre auto strains as part of the hybrid, we introduced it to a prominent fast maturing photoperiod with both sativa and indica in the genes. Finishes in ~ 85 - 90 days.

LAPIS TROLL

She has a fruity taste with kush blueberry flavor and a smooth exhale. She can grow, 20 to 34” (50-85cm) The Troll is an excellent choice for pain relief, finishing 68-75 days!

MAGNETIC MIDNIGHT 

Northern Lights are the first strain I experienced returning to Seattle from Haines, Alaska via transportation ferry in 1987. The taste, smell and effect have never let me down and always a pleasing feeling. Together with Russian auto, it retains its strong flavor, dense bud structure and powerful high. She will grow to 28 to 30” (71-76cm) and will finish in about 74 days.

PANTHERA 

The newest airship strain, getting rave reviews from taste testers and customers alike! Using Jah Seeds, Lion of Judah, we crossed with Early Widow, NY Diesel auto, and Moonshine/Skunk Auto. Our goal was a strain developing sticky resin buds as well as a high best described as a very stoned sensation with smiles on the side. Mission accomplished! Grows up to 32” (81cm), 75-80 days to maturity.

PERMAFROST  

Permafrost is the result of crossing all-time classic Northern Lights #5 with a Californian Kush and Lowryder. It is well known that Northern Lights is the foundation of many modern strains and is considered one of the strongest most pure strains ever created. It’s an ideal choice for more stealthy or guerilla grows because of the neutral or low odor and hardiness. Use under a light cycle of 18/6 or 16/8 to develop the greatest flavor without excessive smell.

PIXIE STIX

Cross a Sour bubble /bubblegum and auto blueberry, you have a medium-large sized multi-branched, mouthwatering, slightly tart, fruity taste. Finishes in 75 day, growing up to 40” (101 cm) in 5-7 gallon container.

POME BLUE  

Combining lip smacking Berry auto with an AK 47 hybrid, it’s a delight on the palate. Nice dense buds, fruity flavor with a strong berry taste. Her height can reach upwards of 20 to 31” (50-78cm). This strain has excellent medicinal value especially pain control. The taste is like berry pie on the taste buds. It can tolerate cooler temperatures which cause this gem to turn a velvety light blue/purple when temperatures decrease.

PRESTO

For those wanting a quick performer PRESTO is the one to try. Using Fast Bud as the building block, it has been hybridized with Mini Gun and Blueberry taste and has Jah seeds Pink Sativa to achieve a clear heady high and body stone. It grows about 55-80 cm, slender columns and responds well to LST. Finishes in ~60 days, glistening in trichomes and easy to grow.

ROUGHSHARK

The union of Skunk and a White Widow produce Sharkbite, a newer ‘white’ strain producing a powerful stone and a tangy odor of its white shark parents. Combine that with an AK 47 hit, and often with purple hues from the purple Afghani and grows to a medium height of 15-20” and finishes in 68-75 days

SHIMMER

Shimmer is a sativa dominant Haze strain with an uplifting high that is great for social situations. Her characteristics are:  multi branching with a large bud structure and a light green hue loaded with silvery trichomes. Heights of 24 to 28” (21-71cm) can be expected. Due to her Sativa dominant genetics, a longer maturing time is needed, usually around 76-82 days. Like most ladies, she usually ends up being worth the wait.

SPUMONI 

Spumoni is a marriage of Moonshine genetics with Auto Mazar in the mix. The Moonshine/Flo part of her produces a nice fruity flavor and spicy overtones with White Widow. Combine those with Skunk and Afghan in the Mazar, you have a nice dessert smoke sure to please! Spumoni reaches between 18 to 31” (46-78cm) depending on phenol and finishes between 70-76 days.

TOKAREV T3

With this mix, you get a super charged Indica dominant plant that produces copious amounts of resin, with fast growth. The NYD diesel part of her genetics contributes to her wonderful high, perfect for relaxing or pain relief .Her smell can be described as deeply fruity, similar sour candy in both veg and bloom stage. She grows a dominant cola with very little branching that is well suited to SOG or SCOG methods. This Indica/Sativa Hybrid will reach a height of 20 to 26” (55-70cm) and finishes in 8-9 weeks.

TOPAZZY

This strain uses the colorful mix of Blue Nepali hybrid and Pink Bud. This little lady grows small, averaging about 14-18” tops, but it’s a jewel of a smoke! Excellent for micro or PC cabinet grows! Nice quick smiling high and great for social events and helps take the edge off pain. She would be ideal for small space or micro grows. This little gem is for any connoisseur wanting to add to their ‘box of chocolates’ as far as a pleasingly different strain that will attract attention when consumed. Yummy!

WIDOW’S  PEAK 

Together this polyhybrid possesses the best of White Widow with a Jack Herer Auto and growth and speed of a Russian Auto. Grows 26-30”, finishes in 70-75 days. Allow room for good root growth, preferably 3 gallon per plant.

WIND RYDER 

This is a good Jack Herer/White Widow combo, tall and bushy with soaring UP high and relieves pain with a 1-2 punch. Grows up to 30”, beautiful structure with numerous lateral branches, finishing 68-75 days.

20 GAUGE

20 Gauge dc indica.JPG

AVGAS

AV GAS.jpg

AZURE ROCKET

azure2.jpg

AZURE ROCKET

azure rocket peach fuzz.jpg

BLITZOID

bltzoid outside.jpg

BLITZOID

dc Blitzoid.jpg

BLUE BLAZES

dc Blue Blazes.jpg

BUZZY BODY

dc BuzzyBody.jpg

CORD VERDE

Cord Verde.JPG

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Nrthstar

Grew some of these this past outdoor season.  My first ever autos and ill ne doin the same this upcomming outdoor season.   They fit right in for what i needed. Verry good early finishing conceal plant. LOVED the smell,  potency was good, bag appeal was good, couldnt ask for more really.   Actually the plants were perfect for what i needed. I pretty much set them and forget them. I was pleasently surprised.  No care  at all after they showed sex, they were set out in the wild and grabbed later.   90% female ratio.     ( I had to go back n recheck i didnt buy fem seeds) ..    Had a lil mold on 1 out of 10 but she was half under a porch with no air circ. 

Good size main cola for a smaller plant with "no" maintenance.   Grown organicaly ofcourse.     Smells like oranges or the ole lady just mopped the floor (pinesoul)  .   Nice medium mid day smoke.    

Def doin again this upcoming spring.  

Forgive me , i dont pay much attn to names n shit i just grow it.  Think it was  Corde verde and ??     Got pics just gotta find them. 

Great to hear, Nrth Star! thanks for stopping by, chiming in. corde Verde is Colorado wild ruddy and Alaskan auto from Matanuska/Palmer area from friend I met years ago in that particular valley.

We have several new strains we worked on this spring/Summer/Fall. Do throw pics up when you find them!

Verry good early finishing conceal plant. LOVED the smell,  potency was good, bag appeal was good, couldnt ask for more really.   Actually the plants were perfect for what i needed. I pretty much set them and forget them. I was pleasently surprised.  No care  at all after they showed sex, they were set out in the wild and grabbed later.   90% female ratio

• 3 weeks later...

New logo for new year. Starting work on Australian high CBD Mullaway's, several autos and Tsunami & Harlequin hybrids. Should keep us busy for several months.

design.jpg

Guest Nrthstar
On 11/11/2016 at 0:45 AM, Nrthstar said:

Grew some of these this past outdoor season.  My first ever autos and ill ne doin the same this upcomming outdoor season.   They fit right in for what i needed. Verry good early finishing conceal plant. LOVED the smell,  potency was good, bag appeal was good, couldnt ask for more really.   Actually the plants were perfect for what i needed. I pretty much set them and forget them. I was pleasently surprised.  No care  at all after they showed sex, they were set out in the wild and grabbed later.   90% female ratio.     ( I had to go back n recheck i didnt buy fem seeds) ..    Had a lil mold on 1 out of 10 but she was half under a porch with no air circ. 

Good size main cola for a smaller plant with "no" maintenance.   Grown organicaly ofcourse.     Smells like oranges or the ole lady just mopped the floor (pinesoul)  .   Nice medium mid day smoke.    

Forgive me , i dont pay much attn to names n shit i just grow it.  Think it was  Corde verde and ??     Got pics just gotta find them. 

Will do my friend. I found just a couple pics but my phone is being uncooperative.       I think i am going to grow the same strain as i did last year since they did so well but this time with a lil more attn.    I gave a bunch of seedlings away and am not 100% sure of the exact strain i kept but it is limited to 4 strains i acquired.        I knw i said this before but you cant go wrong with these.   So so easy to grow and nice good smoke. Perfect for a back yard garden, roof top, fence line, early harvest, side of road, patio garden etc..  They hide very easieily. Not much odor untill you touch them and when so it smelled like oranges.   When i can get pics to load maybe you can help to decipher what strain i kept ?       The ones i gave away were also well.  Lots of orange/lemon smell descriptions also.    

20160825_162444.jpg

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 7:26 AM, highdihigh said:

@aridbud what's your most potent auto and which, aside from potency, is your favorite just now please ?

Cheers !

Hey, excuse our lateness in responding.

Let's see....most potent....some say or Magnetic Midnight with NL characteristics, or Blitzoid with Auto White and a Mazar in the genes.

Personally, I like Azure Rocket....helps with pain, motivation, a good feeling type effect. Too, I like Panthera as the cinnamon sativa is uplifting. It depends on the occasion. To me, I've taken one too many hits of Blitzoid and was trashed. Prefer to be in the realm, not out of it. Ha! Like Pixie Stix too....fruity more indica hit.

Our partners...one really likes the combos with Ogre/White Domina in the gene pool....we have several with that genetic hybrid. The other partner prefers 20 Gauge and Gas & Guns and Crave.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 7:26 AM, highdihigh said:

16 hours ago, Nrthstar said:

Will do my friend. I found just a couple pics but my phone is being uncooperative.       I think i am going to grow the same strain as i did last year since they did so well but this time with a lil more attn.    I gave a bunch of seedlings away and am not 100% sure of the exact strain i kept but it is limited to 4 strains i acquired.        I knw i said this before but you cant go wrong with these.   So so easy to grow and nice good smoke. Perfect for a back yard garden, roof top, fence line, early harvest, side of road, patio garden etc..  They hide very easieily. Not much odor untill you touch them and when so it smelled like oranges.   When i can get pics to load maybe you can help to decipher what strain i kept ?       The ones i gave away were also well.  Lots of orange/lemon smell descriptions also.    

20160825_162444.jpg

Excellent, Nrth!!!

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 7:49 PM, aridbud said:

Let's see....most potent....some say or Magnetic Midnight with NL characteristics, or Blitzoid with Auto White and a Mazar in the genes.

Personally, I like Azure Rocket....helps with pain, motivation, a good feeling type effect. Too, I like Panthera as the cinnamon sativa is uplifting. It depends on the occasion. To me, I've taken one too many hits of Blitzoid and was trashed. Prefer to be in the realm, not out of it. Ha! Like Pixie Stix too....fruity more indica hit.

Our partners...one really likes the combos with Ogre/White Domina in the gene pool....we have several with that genetic hybrid. The other partner prefers 20 Gauge and Gas & Guns and Crave.

Great response @aridbud - thanks mate !

Those first 2 sound right up my street - is there somewhere I can find details re ripening time, yield etc on all of them and

where are the seeds for your strains available - GLG ? Cheers !

Those first 2 sound right up my street .....

I like how you drive! And, thanks for your comments/interest!

Will spend time this weekend uploading strain info, pics. We plan to submit other strains once GLG shelves are nearly bare.

In general, the majority of our autos finish 70-75 days. Azure Rocket can finish in 68-72 days. Blitzoid in about 75 days. Gas & Guns about 80 days....will get things posted shortly.

Yield is really subjective depending on medium....DWC I've seen some amazing results, along with hydro. We do organic soil. Indoors(LED) for us/outdoors has some variation in results. 

The beauty of autos is they can be in your veg cycle along with photos and finish before you flip the light to 12/12. Or we have customers that guerilla grow in summer, numerous for their medicine. Instead of 4 months wait of a photo, autos can harvest 1-2x if you plant every 25-30 days. Tasty morsels and potency is there....autos couldn't have that rep 8-10 yrs. ago. And, breeding photo down to an auto takes us ~4 generations.

Any other questions feel free to ask them here or PM.

ab

Guest Nrthstar

A few weeks before harvest.  Different plants and they fattened up a bit more. The smell was just great. Smelled nothing like cannabis. Smelled like a fredh glass of OJ.  

20160721_124157-1-1.jpg

20160809_115546-1.jpg

• 5 months later...

Hi ya-

Sent you a note. We'll be gearing up with similar and a few new selections at GLG once new site is cruising. We do sell at a few other sites as well.

Thanks bro..

Iv seen my friends plants, fucker rocks the autos out.. 

I've never tried personally..

He grows nothing but autos, and the shit packs a punch..

:passing-joint-smiley-emoticon:

Thanks, Tynehead. Going to try the Shiskaberry....should be fun!

Yeah, we're gearing up for the season.  Should be great , reworking several, improving a few others. We have solid orders coming in (direct) so evidently we're doing something worthy.

• 4 months later...

Yesireee!! It's been a hectic busy summer and fall. We'll be introducing a few photos we've been working and several new autos in the coming weeks. Good to see everyone growing and flowing. Seeing familiar IC fam names too- way to grow, guys!

Stay tuned .....

• 9 months later...

Hi one and all-

Hope everyone grow is going and growing green! From the looks of other threads, I'd say so!

We've been busy with several new autos- a Herer x Headband, a Trainwreck hybrid, and Tynehead's bestowment of Shishkaberry x Critical Mass autos, a few others besides our most sought after autos. On the photoperiod side, a Guerrilla Gold (part Danish genes), a Bruce Banner hybrid and others. We'll be offering our LOOT named after our Dutch/German friend we used to see annually on our treks to W. Europe lending us their stellar auto genes....the LOOT will be available fort purchase soon, after getting good vibes from those trying them as a 'tester'. 

Weather has done a number on us this summer with frequent hail storms beating down our plants. What is usually a once or twice a season hail event....5 this summer is uncanny!IMG_2762.thumb.JPG.c6c0f2a6cfd9d1057f46c1aeb1759d3b.JPG

IMG_2732.JPG

Thanks, OMB! 

Bet everyone has been busy this summer. We sure have! I'm morphing into a related, er,  different career move that is taking some of my R&R time....but all is well!

And on the grow side, due to Vets grow and others not on forums have asked us to develop several more high CBD autos and photos. 

Recently was mentioned a few times on RIU...somehow we're in a comparison X vs. Y grow. Mephisto/afterthought. It's apples and pineapples. Not into being king of the hill....we have multitude of those enjoying our selections from GLG and those in Cali, one in CO websites....enough between them and direct. We say, grow em, cure smokes, whatever autos are growing.

Anyway, been enjoying the eye candy of the GG/LBL strains. Cheers and greenery to all!

• 2 months later...
Guest waltersobchak

Ordered a selection of your gear and set up a tent to test for an outdoor grow next year. Just wrapper up a run of Azure Rocket, very nice smoke that brought instant mood elevation. Still needs cure time but I'm thoroughly enjoying the tester buds set aside. Very nice work Aridbud.

Up next is a tent full Solar Wind. Already on week 6 and they are really starting to plump up.  All pretty uniform other than one freak monster that stretched twice as much as the others and smells quite different from the rest of the bunch. If I can manage to find my digi camera i'll throw up some pics, very nice looking plants.

Glad to hear your enjoyment and success of Azure Rocket, waltersobchak!! On another forum, fellow described it as follows: 

The Azure Rocket sure is great meds.
I've got some old wounds that flair up every now and then and the Azure Rocket sure does help with relief. 
The worst being a bullet wound on the side of my head and inoperable fragments buried in the base of my skull and spine.
Even after all these years it flairs up and I get bouts of pain, headaches and tinnitus.
I occasionally get attacks of Hyper vigilance, nightmares and the resulting lack of or ability to sleep.
I can be tightly wrapped at times, irritable and anti social. 
As Mrs. ***** would say,I can be "Half cocked and hair triggered". 
Smoke half a fat jay of Azure Rocket and things calm down. It helps with the pain on the side of my head and nape of my neck and mellows me out allowing me to get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep. I swear it even helps with the tinnitus, which can be a real bitch sometimes.
On top of that it tastes really good too. Hashy, sweet, floral and earthy. I love the flavor.
The smoke is very dense and incense-like. If I take too big a hit it expands and is hard to hold so I take light puffs and savor it. 

It was our first auto we developed to reduce pain, help with mood....still my favorite of our 26 auto offerings. Always a pantry staple. 

I think you'll like the Northern Lights hybrid Solar Wind hybrid as well. Keep us posted!! 

And really appreciate you trying our goods. Due to health issue and recent auto accident, we couldn't get it together to get our gear in for the Anniversary gig recently. We pl;an to have several offerings in before Thanksgiving now on the mend. Too, more to come with a few new autos and photos.

Appreciate your comments, walter. Any questions, holler.

ab

Archived