ISP - Strain Guide

Guest Ohsogreen

Guest Ohsogreen

ISP -  Insane Chem 91  aka  IC91

Chem 91 (clone only) aquired in NYC in late 1993, crossed to a Pre-Invasion Afghan (obtained on the Indus River in late 77 / early 78) during a hash deal. Large selection pool, all offspring tested. The best male from that cross was repeatedly back crossed to the Chem 91 (clone only) mother, to produce Chem 91 BX1, BX2, and BX3.

This strain is made up of ISP's Chem 91 BX2 (f) x ISP's Chem 91 BX3 (m).   Plain & simple, she's a Chem 91 on Pre-Invasion Afghan Steroids. All the potency, but with better yields.

This strain does not like: soggy grow mediums / being rootbound / or large pH swings. Does best grown in soil, peat moss, or coco. Hydro only for experienced growers.
Describe each phenotype expression:
Pheno # 1 (70 %) : looks like a 50/50 mix of Chem 91 & a Pre-Invasion Afghan. Requires a 30 to 40 day veg, and 63 to 70 days of flowering for best yields. Cal-mag fed lightly from veg, thru the 4 th week of flowering. Feed moderate to heavy in both veg / flowering. Forms large main cola, with smaller golf ball sized buds on side branches. Heavy odor during flowering, predominantly Chemical Smells / Diesel Fuel with hints of Fruit / Citrus with Sweet & Sour undertones. Intense up high, followed a short time later by heavy body relaxation. Occasional smokers may puke from the rush of THC.
Pheno # 2 (30 %): looks more Pre-Invasion Afghan dominant, but veg's faster (than a typical Afghan), she also stretches more once put into flowering. Great potency, like Pheno # 1. Requires a 30 to 40 day veg, 58 to 63 days of flowering for best yields. So, she's a week faster than Pheno # 1. Same feeding requirements. Best topped to form several large colas (improves yield). Heavy odor during flowering, predominantly Fruity odors / Diesel Fuel / Citrus (sweet oranges & tangy lemons) / with sharp undertones that make your nose tingle / burn. Very nice up high that builds over time, with more body effect earlier in the ride. Occasional smokers may puke if they over indulge (watch out, the flavor lures you in).
Stretch: 1 to 1.5
Resin Profile: High resin
Odour Score: 8
Odor Description: Cleaning Chemicals / Diesel Fuel / Burnt Rubber / Skunky / Fruit / Citrus, with Sweet & Sour, or Sharp Undertones ...
Flavor Score: 8
Flavor Description: Diesel Fuel / Ripe Fruits / Citrus / with Sweet & Sour undertones
Potency Score: 8
High Type: Intense up high, with lot's of body relaxation.

ic91_11.jpg

ic91_bud.jpg

Guest Ohsogreen

ISP - 91 Dragons

Lineage:  Surf Dragon (f) x ISP Chem '91 BX2 (m)

Parental Information:

Surf Dragon - (Heirloom Hawaiian Indy/Sat mix (f) x Chinese Highlands Indy (Stabilized) (m)
The Hawaiian genetics came from a long time friend on Lanai.
Old Dawg collected the Chinese genetics, while there on a Church Misson (these were literally growing in snow), in the Helan Mountain region of Northern China. A very diverse area, with micro climates depending on location / evelation.
ISP Chem 91 BX2 (m)  <- Chem 91 (clone only) x Pre-Invasion Afghan, backcrossed twice.
Indica/Sativa %
50% Indica / 50% Sativa
Bloom Length:
Pheno # 1: 63-70 days / Pheno # 2: 58-63 days
Describe each phenotype expression:
Pheno # 1: Robust combination of Hawaiian / Chinese / Chem / and Pre-Invasion Afghan genetics. 8 out of 10 are this pheno. Large fan leaves, tight node spacing, tall but broad structure. Heavy trich coverage, sweet fruit smells (range: Pineapple, Sweet Fruits (apples, melons, strawberries), & Citrus) with dank (musk, dank basement, skunky) undertones. Above average yields, regardless of grow style. Responds well to topping. Doubles in size once put into flowering. Odor high, potency high. First a happy, but intense head high comes on, followed by major muscle relaxation. Your whole head and body, ease into total numbness. You are functional, but just barely. Mental confusion if overtoked (what was I saying, what day is it, where am I ?). Do not smoke this bud, and drive (you will phase in & out) ....
Pheno # 2 : Slightly slower growth in veg. 2 out of 10 are this pheno. More of a Chinese / Pre-Invasion Afghan expression. Wider leaves, more squat growth (best untopped). Heavy trich coverage, strong rich creamy pudding / fruit smell, with hints of dankness. 1 to 1.5 stretch in flowering, produces average yield, but with heaviest trich coverage. Less head high with this one, more intense body effect. But strangely, followed by a need to chat, but an hour later I doubt you'll remember one thing you've been talking about. You don't even want to leave the house after smoking this one, as you may find navigating your own home a bit of a challenge. Aka - Stupification ......
With both pheno's, the smoke is sweet, but you won't miss the Chem presence, followed by hints of dankness, and a pinch of pepper on the exhale. Both leave your mouth feeling a bit oily, the taste lingers. It says " I've got the Old School Hawaiian & Pre-Invasion Afghan flavor ", with the potency of the Best Chem. A really enjoyable ride with both pheno's, if you're looking to depressurize ( mind and/or body), and loosen up tense / tight muscles head to toe.
Stretch:

Pheno # 1: x 2      /  Pheno # 2: x 1 - 1.5
Resin Profile:  High resin
Odor Description :  Sweet Fruits, Creamy Pudding, Dankness, Chem smells, with a hint of pepper.

Flavour Description : Sweet fruits, Pineapple, Citrus, Creamy pudding, Chem presence, with hints of pepper.

High Type:

Pheno # 1: Intense happy head high, with intense body relaxation.

Pheno # 2: Less head high, more intense body numbing, and mental stupification.

91Dragons_2_DB808.jpg

91Dragons_3_DB808.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had someone on IG ask about Afghan in the Raw AKA  AITR.

So I thought I would post it here. @Ohsogreen  Thanks for the Great deals over the holidays at GLG!!!

Here the a decription  

Pre-Invasion Afghans (F-5's), from seeds I cold stored in 1981, &
1990, & 2015.
Background Info: I (Ohsogreen) picked up about 500 of these seeds
on the upper trade routes of the Indus River in Pakistan, in late
1977 / early 1978. I was there doing a Hash Deal. Prior to the Big
Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan. These were from tribal lines, grown
in both Afghanistan and Pakistan.
I made the (F-2's) of them in late 1980, using over a dozen
females, and no less than a dozen males (cold stored some of these
in early 81).

I made the (F-3's) in late 1989, they were also made using over a
dozen females, and no less than a dozen males (cold stored them in
early 90).
I broke them out late January 2014, and did an (F-4) run. Did an
even split on both, eight F-2 moms, eight F-3 moms, same split on
the dads. The selections were the best candidates, based on my past
experience with them.

In Feb 2016 I broke out cold stored seeds from 1990, and 2015 of
this line, and did another open pollination. Using an even split of
6 females from each year, and 6 males from each year. Harvested in
July 2016.

These are True (un-Dutch-ified) Afghan's both low & highland phenos.
Stellar breeding stock, wicked potent, good range of flavors /
odors (offensive to sweet), bud types (rock hard nugs, to semi-
skunk style colas), and trich coverage from fair to dripping....

AITRno3.jpg.12d4a94491af654affd850ceb4a3d94b.jpgAITRno10.jpg.2e9e055f1ac0039b994accd84da24e7b.jpg

• 8 months later...
On 1/9/2019 at 3:57 AM, dragboatjeffy said:

I had someone on IG ask about Afghan in the Raw AKA  AITR.

So I thought I would post it here. @Ohsogreen  Thanks for the Great deals over the holidays at GLG!!!

Here the a decription  

Pre-Invasion Afghans (F-5's), from seeds I cold stored in 1981, &
1990, & 2015.
Background Info: I (Ohsogreen) picked up about 500 of these seeds
on the upper trade routes of the Indus River in Pakistan, in late
1977 / early 1978. I was there doing a Hash Deal. Prior to the Big
Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan. These were from tribal lines, grown
in both Afghanistan and Pakistan.
I made the (F-2's) of them in late 1980, using over a dozen
females, and no less than a dozen males (cold stored some of these
in early 81).

I made the (F-3's) in late 1989, they were also made using over a
dozen females, and no less than a dozen males (cold stored them in
early 90).
I broke them out late January 2014, and did an (F-4) run. Did an
even split on both, eight F-2 moms, eight F-3 moms, same split on
the dads. The selections were the best candidates, based on my past
experience with them.

In Feb 2016 I broke out cold stored seeds from 1990, and 2015 of
this line, and did another open pollination. Using an even split of
6 females from each year, and 6 males from each year. Harvested in
July 2016.

These are True (un-Dutch-ified) Afghan's both low & highland phenos.
Stellar breeding stock, wicked potent, good range of flavors /
odors (offensive to sweet), bud types (rock hard nugs, to semi-
skunk style colas), and trich coverage from fair to dripping....

AITRno3.jpg.12d4a94491af654affd850ceb4a3d94b.jpgAITRno10.jpg.2e9e055f1ac0039b994accd84da24e7b.jpg

These Afghan in the Raw (AITR) just hit the store front.....  🙂      They are going fast, heeheeehheeee

• 3 months later...
Guest Ohsogreen

AVR1 ...... No worries, good things come to those who wait.   I will be making more seeds in the days to come, along with some newly acquired Old School genetics, picked from their places of origin ........

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2020 at 2:53 PM, Ohsogreen said:

AVR1 ...... No worries, good things come to those who wait.   I will be making more seeds in the days to come, along with some newly acquired Old School genetics, picked from their places of origin ........

I cannot wait to see what new stuff you are working on bro! 

9 minutes ago, farmerjoe420 said:

I remember back in the day these were a “ 1 time release never to be released again “ 

Maybe these are new parent plants/crosses?

With all the crap being pumped out I dont think it would be terrible to get more of the old Gene's or breeders getting out there a bit.

Saw a lot of nice plants come out of those old chemBx lines...

On 1/18/2020 at 10:40 AM, Coastal said:

Maybe these are new parent plants/crosses?

With all the crap being pumped out I dont think it would be terrible to get more of the old Gene's or breeders getting out there a bit.

Saw a lot of nice plants come out of those old chemBx lines...

Definitely not, it was the same cross / line. They marketed as never to be released again to keep the elusiveness.... I clearly remember the thread from cannazon. I’m speaking of the AITR. 

Hmm that is shitty that they where marketed that way.. I would be a bit pissed if I payed a bunch then saw them sold again as regular stock..

Still think this is important and rare genetics that have been preserved for a long time and it's good that they are being shared. But everyone has a morale code they should honour.. thank you for bringing this to light.

Guest Ohsogreen
On 1/18/2020 at 9:27 AM, farmerjoe420 said:

I remember back in the day these were a “ 1 time release never to be released again “ 

Truth is, I was working the AITR looking for specific traits back then, when the site owner of Cannazon talked me into releasing them.  At the time, my partners didn't even want to let out a single bean, but I always feel wrong hoarding such things.  So, I talked them into it, on a limited basis at that time.  The site owner of Cannazon, put his own P.T. Barnum touch on it (he called it marketing), thus the confusion about whether more were to follow. 

Years later, I spread quite a few out to known online friends. It was never my intention to only do it one time, and those were not my words.  I guess if I have to choose, why someone is going to be mad at me, I'd rather have them mad because I did make old and rare genetics available, as opposed to being called a hoarder. Those who got them back then, have had years to do something with them.  I wonder if they made good use of that time, and those genetics ?  I hope so .....

On 1/20/2020 at 8:49 PM, Ohsogreen said:

It was never my intention to only do it one time, and those were not my words.  

Im glad you decided to release them back then but I’ll have to agree to disagree on this statement because I clearly remember them being advertised and being limited and never to be released again. 

Conveniently for me, Cannazon is gone so I can’t go dig up the post but I waited for that drop and remember the disappointment when I read they wouldn’t be released again. 

I did end up with a bunch of repros someone did but they must have been poorly stored prior to me getting them because not a single one popped. Anyways , good luck on future endeavors 👍🏼

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived