knucklehead bob

Marlboro Maker Invests Over $2.4 Billion in Legal Marijuana Industry

knucklehead bob

Marlboro maker Altria Group Inc. is taking a 45 percent stake in Cronos Group, the Canadian medical and recreational marijuana provider said Friday.

Altria will pay another $1.4 billion for warrants that if exercised, would give the Altria a 55 percent ownership stake in the Toronto company.

That would mean Altria’s investment would be in the same league as the $4 billion spent earlier this year by Constellation Brands to acquire shares of Canopy Growth Corp., another Canadian pot producer.

The August investment by Constellation, which makes Corona and other beverages, was the largest to date by a major U.S. corporation in the cannabis market.

Whatever hesitation larger corporations in the U.S. had about entering the cannabis market appears to be fading if there is a financial justification.

Altria’s huge investment lit up shares of cannabis companies that have begun to set up shop in Canada, where recreational use was legalized this year.

Shares of Cronos Group Inc. jumped 31 percent and neared an all-time high at the opening bell Friday.

Rapid growth in the cannabis market is expected to continue as legalization expands in the U.S. and social norms change. On Tuesday, ultra-conservative Utah became the latest state to legalize marijuana use for medical purposes.

Consumers are expected to spend $57 billion per year worldwide on legal cannabis by 2027, according to Arcview Market Research, a cannabis-focused investment firm. In North America, that spending is expected to grow from $9.2 billion in 2017 to $47.3 billion in 2027.

https://thejointblog.com/marlboro-maker-invests-over-2-4-billion-in-legal-marijuana-industry/?fbclid=IwAR0UQtMXlnl_61-qnfjuo80N2X7K1B1eCcBifCtpVL-npkItiRNKcuTD00k

shaggy

So canada when purchasing legal cannabis you can choose between Monsanto and Marlboro......WTF!!!

What is in your bag of stash?

Image result for marlboro weedWhen I first posted this pick, I was called crazy and told it could never happen....LOL

Constellation, which owns Corona beer and Manischewitz wine, invested $4 billion in exchange for a 38 percent stake in Canadian marijuana grower Canopy Growth.

AKA Tweed.

Then there is Scott's AKA (Monsanto) getting in on things.

Edited by shaggyballs

Methods of inducing SAR Local Acquired Resistance and Induced Systemic Resistance                                   I.P.M. INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT

Do plants need silicon?                   ODA finds bottled microbes with little live organisms                          Welcome to Z-Library!

Ilynnboy

It’s all about $$$$$$$$

Thats all.. it was Never about Freedom to these Corporations...

Buyer Beware

Coastal

There is a lot of cool stuff happening aswell... and don’t forget a lot of these large companies are getting rich off speculation and crop insurance.., yeah you heard that right... 

the biggest of the weed weed corporations and even a bunch of the small guys are just “trying “ to throw money at the problem... 

the thing ing is is once your talking public trading, a company literally doesn’t have to do much but spend money and expand and release unbacked assumptions about profits etc... happens all the time, this is fueled by the media big time as these stocks are in the public eye(and owned by government and police ex/members)... 

anyways I have yet to see much smokable weed for sale from these type of places...

but micro producers are popping up,banding up and getting interviews and sponsorships as well so I know a lot of really good long time growers will be entering the market, and IMO there won’t be much competition from the big ones that are pushing more for stock share value... buyer beware!

dawn patrol
6 hours ago, Coastal said:

and don’t forget a lot of these large companies are getting rich off speculation and crop insurance.., yeah you heard that right... 

the biggest of the weed weed corporations and even a bunch of the small guys are just “trying “ to throw money at the problem... 

the thing ing is is once your talking public trading, a company literally doesn’t have to do much but spend money and expand and release unbacked assumptions about profits etc... happens all the time, this is fueled by the media big time as these stocks are in the public eye(and owned by government and police ex/members)... 

You've just defined current American business in a nutshell.

No one wants to do anything other than sell their lies, pump up their stock price and GTFO before the dominos fall.

Coastal

yeah the one bad one i did (start up) the guy didnt want to pay anyone and was just concerned with getting his company on the stock market. one day he tried to tell me he would give me stock and explained how his 3million evaluation investment could be made in to 30million in stock at a initial price of .25 cent ... so if it went u to a dollar he would possibly make a hundred million even if he sold/traded 5 million at release price....thats some asss backward thinking where i'm from but i guess thats how you get really rich...

dawn patrol

Back in 2001 I went to work for a small company that was in a technology distribution model.  The CFO and I were hired at the same time, generous salary and a buttload of stock options.

The first nine months were a blur as I sorted out their procurement and internal distribution issues.  

I reported directly to the CEO and in December, he tasked all senior management with developing and presenting a five year growth plan to be presented to all management on February 1.

The company was profitable at the time and growing like crazy - we were opening 1.5 new locations every week.

The meetings and presentations went well, we identified some key areas that needed critical investment immediately and seemed to work out a pretty comprehensive plan for future growth.

Fast forward six months and I'm in the CFO's office asking why my vendors are not being paid and are asking for cash before shipping any product to us.

Turns out the President and CEO had been stiffing the landlords for months and using that money to open new locations to try to justify a higher initial valuation of the company stock so they could cash out shortly after the IPO.  The landlords all figured it out and forced the company into bankruptcy to get a part of what they were owed.

At the time I was shocked at their greed and short sightedness.  This was a viable company that even if it hadn't gone public, would have been acquired for a ton of money at some point. 

But they weren't "owners" that would have shared in that profit until they had stock and they were willing to do anything to get to that point.

Twenty years later and it's still the most common business scam going.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use Guidelines Privacy Policy and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..