Karma Genetics R&D -- karmarado OG x Sour D & 95 Strawberry x Mandarina

Tynehead Tom

@milo ya when i was still a member at the other site I remember karma saying he wasn't working with the mandarina anymore.

It's odd because from what i see so far in this cross.... easy to clone, good vigor, real nice structure, easy to feed and stacking some nice bud set.

It doesn't sppear that Karma G is ever going to bless us with his presence here but I'll continue the test grow regardless, even if he is probably not going to even see it LOL

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest milo

I am still harassing Karma about coming here.....  :P

And about getting @dragboatjeffy some of his new gear.... :rasta.nana:

He hasn't responded to me... In a bit... Except in his threads on IC.....

But the 1yr anniversary of his friends' death just happened...  So..... 

I will keep on it though.... :getting-stoned: 

well, if there is an email he uses for folks to send him grow reports on the tester beans .... if someone could forward that to me that would be great.

It's gotta be tough being a sought after breeder and trying to juggle multiple forums.

i dunno about these karmarado og x sour d fems. I kinda expected them to grow slow LOL but they just stretch like crazy with massive gaps between the nodes.

The first 2 of these seeds i popped grew that way too and when i topped them it got worse. Very few nodes and big stretches between them. I have these seedlings under fantastic light and the other 3 beans I popped are doing the same thing. I just don't think i can manage plants that want to grow like that and not all that sure it's a desireable thing. I'm not complaining or trashing on these by any means, I am merely doing my job as a tester and expressing what I am finding. I'll give them another week to behave but if they continue to grow all leggy like that, they just won't be fitting in to the garden. Perhaps if they were grown in full sun? I dunno but the brand new horti 400 halide is not enough to keep them under control like all the many other varieties in the room.

Strawberry x mandarina tho...... fuk ya .... now this plant is certainly sticking around..... will do an update with pics soon but they are doing nothing but impress me.

couple quick shots of the Strawberry x Mandarina fem (Old Grandpa Scratch behind her on left) . this one is the bush and is the original seed plant.

It has several nice tops that are stacking long thin main colas. She smells "strong" of sweet strawberry pie filling.... like the smell of a fresh strawberry strudel or turnover.... with a further sweet citrus funk on the back end. Gawd damn!!! I just know this is going to be some outrageously tasty weed. Everytime i smell that plant and feel the resin on my fingers from handling it..... I remind myself of the generosity of our breeding community. So happy I got to test these :D

just finished day 30.....

DSC04525 - Copy.JPG

DSC04526 - Copy.JPG

well, I sent Karma G an email with a quick update but haven't got a response.

If anyone posting in the icmag r&d threads wants to pass on any of my pics or comments over there..... feel free to use/copy what you need to for reposting.

Karma G needs to hear about these 95 Strawberry x Mandarina fems...... if he's not releasing these for sale...... i dare say that is a shame.

I've grown lots of plants with claims of strawberry smells and flavors but these hit the nail on the head. Just finishing week 5 today for the larger plant and the end of week 4 for the clone. Putting huge smiles on my face in all departments. This one seed has been so easy to deal with and survived harsh conditions to come thru it all unphased. Tortured tested for sure. 

So far my observations from this one plant.... likes food but not fussy or sensative. Likes the higher PH. I've adjusted my feed to where all the many varieties seem to be at a happy medium, which is 3 ml micro/4.5 bloom and PH 6.6 going in on a feed/water/water schedule.

Will try and get some new pics today but she is stacking like crazy now.

The 3 Karamarado Og x Sour D tester beans are doing well and getting a transplant tomorrow. Oddly enough I removed them from the 400w room and put them back under the floros on 24hr light and they seem to have stopped that stretching.... we will see. Hoping to see some branches soon as we are on the 5th node and minimal growth at the nodes. Kinda same as what happend with the first 2 but I'm not giving up on these.

Isn't he tied with karma? Or do I have him confused?  

Never mind, I'm just high :5899aa31ab92f_Chimpaughinggif:

think I'll have a chat with him and see if he might have an interest here.

Just now, milo said:

Me to @Chief Kief!!! 

And whenever I email him I remind him to swing by... :/

He is kinda main stream now. He probably doesn't have time for pheasants. Lol

Guest milo
3 minutes ago, Chief Kief said:

He is kinda main stream now. He probably doesn't have time for pheasants. Lol

That's unfortunately how I am starting to feel. :|

I am still going to rock his gear though... :passing-joint-smiley-emoticon:

1 minute ago, milo said:

That's unfortunately how I am starting to feel. :|

I am still going to rock his gear though... :passing-joint-smiley-emoticon:

Unless he starts putting out duds, I agree. I am happy he made it. He was kind to me on 3 different occasions. He let me test and it was always fire fire fire!

ya, no negative feelings here that's for sure. I know the guy takes his cannabis growing and breeding seriously and probably has all kinds of requests for his time. For me it's just getting the tester feedback to him as a matter of me following thru on the test grow. A lot of folks got the tester beans that round and only a handful actually put up any grow threads.

I'll email karma some pics when it's all done ;)

Guest RockyMountainJ
1 minute ago, Smokin Joe said:

I got friends in low places. We don't need no stinking elevators we can take tha fucking stairs to the top.

March the way to the top?!?!?!

Fuck yeah!!!

how about some pics?

first up is the 95 strawberry x mandarina bush. She is really pleasing me at end of week 5

DSC04549 - Copy.JPG

DSC04551 - Copy.JPG

DSC04552 - Copy.JPG

then we have the Old Grandpa Scratch. A bit of a pain in the ass these ones are but seemingly well worth the garden space once she stops her crazy stretch. Starting to really fill the buds out now , minimal leaves and the sugar has been slow to form but it's starting to frost up this past week. The smell is unreal and very dank. I had to bend the top over to fit the light foot print so looks kinda funny haha

DSC04553 - Copy.JPG

DSC04554 - Copy.JPG

and last.... a veg shot of my Strawberry x Mandarina mum, which is going outside as soon as I clone her again. This plant is sticking around for a while I can tell you that much ;)

DSC04563 - Copy.JPG

DSC04564 - Copy.JPG

cool man!! thx for letting us know @milo

I emailed the karma address with a test grow update. Never heard back so not sure if he got it.

"IF" he replies to my email I'll send him some pics hahaha otherwise I'll just keep posting them here.

Archived