Karma Genetics R&D -- karmarado OG x Sour D & 95 Strawberry x Mandarina

Tynehead Tom

So I was fortunate enough to receive some tester beans from Karma Genetics recently and seeing as there is a Karma forum here, I figured I'd start a grow diary of the two varieties I was sent.

On deck are:

2x 95 Strawberry x Mandarina (fem)

2x Karmarado OG x Sour D (fem)

just figured I'd get the thread going, they are germinating in little starter pots and will update with pics once I get some greenery going

I also have some small seedlings of Old Granpa Scratch going so will include those as well as I do this test grow.

cheers and hope ya'all enjoy the show ;)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have a couple sour jacks (5 from breeders pack) i need to try this summer. don't know much about them at this point but i guess it's time to read up on them. never tried any karma gear before

• 3 weeks later...

hey folks, lil update on the Karma fem testers.

Karmarado OG x Sour D the 95 strawberry x mandarina 

the 4 seedlings are doing well and still under floros.

I use maxlight cr185 32watt, 4100K , T8 tubes, 4 in a housing for 128 watts.

I usually use these to start seedlings and veg right up to 5 weeks.

So right now the seedlings are just getting RO water with a top up of my well water to bring to 6.3PH.

I've transplanted them up from the little starters into 4" pots to build some roots.

Lights set to 20 on 4 off and temps being maintained at 76F day , 71F night RH 45% to 48%. Would like to see the RH numbers increased a bit for sure but thier home is temporary while i am room building.

seeing good vigor in the karmarado og x sour d and the two seedlings look near identical.

seeing good vigour in one of the 95 strawberry x mandarina and the other seems a bit behind.

all are still pushing thier first true leaves and working on the second.

all appear normal and no mutation.

I do apologize i haven't put an album together yet but i haven't even taken any pics yet LOL I'll have pics soon enuff :D

• 2 weeks later...

gave the seedlings thier first dose of food yesterday and the difference overnight was awesome. branch nodes popping out nicely now , even tho they are still very small and still in solocup size pots. 5 more days in these pots and they go to 1 gallons for a couple more weeks of veg.

I know, this shit is borring without pics and I'll have some up after the weekend I promise :D

feeding 1/4cup every 2.5 days of general hydro flora mixed 4ml micro 8ml bloom PH 6.8

okay, transplant is done and these girls have been moved from the floros and into the 400watt cab. Had a peek this morning and they look great.

I've got some pics to clean up and figure out how to make an album here.

I need to transplant the Old Grandpa Scratch, the 3 of them were in pretty rough shape but are rebounding nicely. One is a tower and may need to be topped, another is tall but more of a christmas tree shape. Those two smell and appear very similar to each other. The third is shorter and more of a bush and it's leaves are slightly different from the other two. They all have some awesome odors coming from them and stem rubs smells are killer.

I am looking at hopefully taking clones and flipping those 3 within the next week to 10 days.

hey, how about some pics?

day 40- ish

karmarado OG x Sour D fems

karmarado og x sour d tops feb 6 - Copy.JPG

karmarado og x sour d feb 6 sides - Copy.JPG

95 Strawberry x Mandarina fems and last shot is three Old Grandpa Scratch I'm nursing back to health after the move.

95 strawberryxmandarina tops feb 6 - Copy.JPG

95 strawberryxmandarina sides feb 6 - Copy.JPG

old grandpa scratch feb 6 - Copy.JPG

stem rub smells..... 95 strawberry x mandarina , smell is just a sweeter, green smell.... nothing standing out yet

Karmarado OG x Sour D , a mild sweeter funk

Old Grandpa scratch - strong citrusy hashy with a undertone of what to me smells like pine forest.

flowering soon so this will get interesting before long ;)

• 4 weeks later...

cramped for space and stretching too much. hoping to get some clones rooted from the seed plants and then flower the clones.

Not sure if karma even comes here so with the banning from the other site I kinda lost interest in the grow diary.... but I'll smarten up and get some updates when i can. So far of the two, only one karmarado og x sour d is peaking my fancy, the other is a strtchy totem pole. The ones i really like are the 95 strawberry x mandarina. Both beans i popped have turned into very similar plants and smell awesome. Maybe if the cuts root quick I'll flower the seedplants right away but i was hoping to grow these up to a 5 gallon pot in veg and they still in 1 gallons building roots.

thrips have been a problem but am winning that battle now so these plants will no doubt start to take off now that those little fuggers are gone. Old granpa scratch clones have rooted so the mums are going to flower this week

• 2 weeks later...

so I have had to make some hard decisions regarding these Karma seedlings.

I dunno if it's me and my growing style but the Karmarado OG x Sour D are just stretching like I've never seen before.

Have trimmed them back a few times in an effort to get them to bush out but nope, they just stretch like mad and put very little energy into growth of vegetation. So these 2 are getting killed today. I have 3 more seeds I will try again with.

Now the 95 strawberry x Mandarina. Of the two, one is very nice and has responded well to topping and is gonna flower soon as I get rooted cuts. The other one is not impressing me and is a bit finicky, very little smell. Not gonna clone it but will probably keep it around for the flower room.

Old Grandpa Scratch, the two female seedlings i kept have been cloned and killed, just too rootbound to bother flowering out. I have 2 nice healthy starts of each in veg and they are progressing. One of each will be kept as mums and other 2 will go into this flowering rotation within next 10 days.

will get some pics up next week.

Tom sometimes you need to run the clones before deciding to cull. Seed plants don't always show all the pheno expressions. If a clone won't branch out then it's good for sog and that's it imho 

Guest RockyMountainJ

The Karma testers are crazy beasts!! You got to top every few days of your fucked!! No lst super hollow stems. Grows so vigorous. Flip small, they make it up with a 2×stretch, and alot of the lowers catch up. Im amazed at the size i flipped and the beast shes become!! Flipped the other 2 a few days ago...

ya I hear ya man but those ones are all stem , very little and very stubborn growth at the nodes. It's wierd man.

They are months old so i dunno..... i chopped them about a 1/2 hour ago. I kept the one strawberry x mandarina that was pleasing me.

I'll be popping the remaining 3 beans from each tester pack soon enough and might veg them under bigger lights next time and skip the floros and 400w altogether.

2 minutes ago, RockyMountainJ said:

The Karma testers are crazy beasts!! You got to top every few days of your fucked!! No lst super hollow stems. Grows so vigorous. Flip small, they make it up with a 2×stretch, and alot of the lowers catch up. Im amazed at the size i flipped and the beast shes become!! Flipped the other 2 a few days ago...

being used to indica hybrids , the Karma Gear is a bit different now isn't it. Our long lost friend cocosativas warned me about the "OG's" and that thier is a learning curve. Much like keeping up with certain micros on other varieties. I will admit it's most likely my room or methods making those karmarado og x sour d grow all wierd like that LOL Here's to second chances and being glad i only popped 2 of the 5 beans the first time around ;)

picture time in my grow threads and i've been neglecting this one.

I nixxed the Karamarado OG x Sour D and look forward to trying the rest of those beans sooner than later.

Onward with the 95 Strawberry x Mandarina but I have culled one and kept one. The one I kept is a real nice plant though I have cut her back to get her to bush up into a mum. Will be a while before i flower this line as I really want back up clones of this one before I pop the remaining 3 beans.

anyhow first up is a couple shitty pics of the 95 S x M and the last 2 pics are freshly potted clones of my 2phenos from the Old Grandpa Scratch. Dying to get these flowering so will keep 1 and flower 1 of each.

95 strawberryxmandarina mar20 pic 1 - Copy.JPG

95 strawberryxmandarina mar20 pic 2 - Copy.JPG

Old Grandpa Scratch #1 mar 20 - Copy.JPG

Old Grandpa Scratch #2 mar 20 - Copy.JPG

Archived