Welcome, To Z-Labs!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and PM with other members of our community. Please start by completing an Introduction, thanks.

knucklehead bob

Michigan recreational marijuana expected to be legal by Dec. 6

knucklehead bob

Michigan's recreational marijuana law is expected to take effect by Thursday, Dec. 6, according to state officials.

That's exactly one month after 56 percent of voters said "yes" to Proposal 1, the Michigan Regulation and Taxation of Marihuana Act.

The reason for the delay is procedural: the law takes effect 10 calendar days after the Board of State Canvassers meets to certify the election results.

The Board of State Canvassers is expected to meet Nov. 26, said Secretary of State Spokesman Fred Woodhams.

That means the law will take effect Thursday, Dec. 6, said Woodhams and David Harns, spokesman for the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.

Michigan Legalizes Recreational Marijuana - Now What?

As of Dec. 6, adults over the age of 21 can possess and consume marijuana in the privacy of their homes. It remains illegal to drive under the influence of marijuana. The state has one year to develop rules for a commercial marijuana industry in the state, and has to accept the first business license applications in December 2019.

In the week since the election, a number of Michigan communities have decided to ban recreational marijuana businesses. Some have indicated the action is temporary as they await the state's rules and regulations.

Meanwhile, universities and colleges are reminding their students, faculty and staff that their policies regarding marijuana use and possession have not changed despite the passage of Proposal 1 -- and that campuses are to remain drug-free.

https://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2018/11/michigan_recreational_marijuan.html?utm_campaign=mlivedotcom_sf&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR1U8gOZx2GchPGd2S_z0vk-DX8zC_GecAl8i3Yl8dFAMMhCH-YvEbAT5V4

AceGrower

Thanks for the update KHB :passing-joint-smiley-emoticon:

shaggyballs

Stores around here were sellin shit so cheap to become compliant with the new law.

$50 oz ect.

My buddy bought some flower that had terps added to it, I did not smoke more that 1 hit, not my thing.

Any more news????

knucklehead bob
6 minutes ago, shaggyballs said:

Stores around here were sellin shit so cheap to become compliant with the new law.

$50 oz ect.

Stores around here ? What stores ? 

imiubu

And so it begins.

https://www.thetimesherald.com/story/opinion/editorials/2018/11/20/will-lame-ducks-pull-year/38570949/

It says something about the state of Michigan politics that a coalition of public policy groups and even nonprofits are planning a campaign to dissuade the Legislature from using its lame duck session to abuse the will of state voters.

The United Way for Southeastern Michigan, the Michigan League for Public Policy, We the People and the League of Women Voters of Michigan on Tuesday put state on notice to not use legislative tricks to overturn what voters approved in November.

The Legislature has done it before. When voters said no to a billion-dollar tax increase for road construction, lame duck lawmakers passed the tax increase anyway. When voters said no to Michigan’s Emergency Manager law, Lansing changed a few of the words and preserved it. Voters said they wanted straight-ticket voting, twice, and lawmakers reversed them.

This November, 55 percent of voters said they wanted to make it legal for all adults to use marijuana. That initiative is expected to become law on Dec. 6. But that doesn’t mean that lawmakers do not have time to rearrange what voters approved.

It is almost a certainty, for instance, that the Legislature wants to raise the taxes imposed on recreational marijuana from the 10 percent that was approved in the ballot initiative. It also is expected that lawmakers will make it quicker and easier for local governments to refuse marijuana facilities.

As it is now, communities are required to say yes or no to medical marijuana facilities within their borders. Almost none have said yes, so with no licensed growers or sellers there is no legal way for most patients to acquire medical marijuana. A system that allows local leaders to simply ignore the question will effectively make recreational marijuana illegal, thereby thumbing its nose at the record number of voters who participated Nov. 6.

And that’s the issue from the November ballot that wasn’t explicitly designed to take power away from the politicians in Lansing.

They’ve already shown their contempt for voters with the “Brandenburg Bill” passed last week that would allow candidates to use campaign donations to reward themselves. Sen. Jack Brandenburg, R-Harrison Township, voted for the bill even though it puts $48,000 in his pocket.

With such scruples, we don’t think he’d hesitate to gut Proposal 2 to protect Republican’s unfair electoral advantages or Proposal 3 to protect voters’ access to the polls.

Although he got the biggest profit from that “campaign finance reform” don’t believe his colleagues are figuring out a way to take advantage themselves. And the nation’s least ethical and least transparent state government is not going to put up with fair elections if there is a lame duck stunt they can pull to get around it.

GoodEnergyGrower

Meet the new boss.......Same as the old boss.....

This is not the land of the free, you better free your mind instead.  Live Human.

Ilynnboy

Is there a Free Land @GoodEnergyGrower?

I do Not believe it exists anywhere on Planet Earth.

For 1 simple Reason.... we all think differently.

I would not mind if they make Alcohol Illegal.... Unlike Cannabis there is little to Zero  medical use...

Whole families are ripped apart by alcoholic behavior...I have a family that is decimated by alcohol... No Thanks...

See that’s why there will be No complete freedom...

We All think and Value differently...

But that’s me and my opinion.

GoodEnergyGrower
3 hours ago, Ilynnboy said:

Is there a Free Land @GoodEnergyGrower?

For 1 simple Reason.... we all think differently.

I would not mind if they make Alcohol Illegal.... Unlike Cannabis there is little to Zero  medical use...

Whole families are ripped apart by alcoholic behavior...I have a family that is decimated by alcohol... No Thanks...

See that’s why there will be No complete freedom...

We All think and Value differently...

But that’s me and my opinion.

@Ilynnboy  There isn't a free land anymore you are right.    I respect your opinion and freedom of thought.  Alcohol has torn my family apart as well, if we lived as humans and lived everyday providing for ourselves off the land....maybe there wouldn't be alcohol to drink, for we would have to make it ourselves and have the time and energy to gorge oneself with alcohol....pretty easy when it is provided for humans in mass, in the aisles of a grocery market. 

Straight up...... Manifest Destiny and Capitalism is taking this whole planet down. 

"Is there a Free Land @GoodEnergyGrower?

For 1 simple Reason.... we all think differently."

We all think differently because we are told lies by those in authority.  There are over 1000 gods being worshiped currently, imagine if they all accepted we are just creatures on earth.  Religion is how the rich stay rich, and the rich make the laws.  The Golden Rule....he who has the gold, makes the rules.

Truth has never denied the seeker.  

Edited by GoodEnergyGrower

Ilynnboy

I do not wish those who enjoy alcohol responsibly their enjoyment.

it just seems to be a net negative on society.

Was it not made illegal before cannabis?

I would not vote to make it illegal, however much I dislike it.

People should have the right to be self controlling.

Whether  or not they choose to be is another story all together.

imiubu

And the beat goes on...

https://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-89334_79571_83994-454562--,00.html

Rule 34. Maximum THC levels for marihuana-infused products.

Marihuana-infused products processed, sold, or transferred through provisioning centers must not exceed the maximum THC levels as shown in table 1 as follows:

TABLE 1

Maximum THC Levels for Marihuana-Infused Products

BMMR Rule 34 Table

I just found this posted byseedpac on IG

pVTCUyX.png

Edited by imiubu

shaggyballs

Michigan Senate Majority Leader Arlan Meekhof is pushing to ban marijuana home grows arguing marijuana “basically is unregulated” under the new law.

While changing the law now would require a super majority in both chambers, “I’m going to make an effort, because I think it is that important – I really do – for the safety of our communities," he said.

“You can have the argument whether you think it’s criminalized or not criminalized, but at the end of the day it needs to be regulated,” he said.

State Sen. Coleman Young II, D-Detroit, disputed Meekhof’s characterization that the law lacks regulations and called the bill a “slap in the face of voters” who approved it on Nov. 6.

“The last thing Republicans should be voting on is adding more layers of government to anything,” said Josh Hovey, spokesman for the Michigan Coalition to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol.

Edited by shaggyballs

dawn patrol

I do not wish to make light of the situation in Michigan that all of you face but it is apparent that the Republican party of Michigan is as evil as the one in Florida.

I just read that they are also trying to gut the voter approved amendment on automatic voter registration, same day voter registration and a bunch of other issues to limit the power of the incoming elected officials who are now largely Democrats.

I have no real love for the Democrats, but in my mind it's hard to make a reasonable argument supporting how shitty the Republicans have been in this country for the last 25+ years at the Federal level and more recently at the state level.   

imiubu

NM Cap't already posted the article 🙂

Edited by imiubu

imiubu

This is longer and more restrictive than the original Prop 1.  Oh yeah... Vote yes, it will be soo much better.

Got yer lube folks?

I began to copy/ paste the entire proposed Bill here but it's 75 pages and never seems to behave once c/p here.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2017-2018/billintroduced/Senate/pdf/2018-SIB-1243.pdf

SENATE BILL No. 1243

November 29, 2018, Introduced by Senator MEEKHOF and referred to the Committee on Government Operations

A bill to amend 2018 IL 1, entitled

"Michigan Regulation and Taxation of Marihuana Act,"

by amending the title and sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 15 (MCL

333.28101, 333.28102, 333.28103, 333.28104, 333.28105, and

333.28115), and by adding sections 201, 205, 206, 207, 208, 301,

302, 303, 305, 401, 402, 403, 404, 405, 406, 407, 408, 409, 501,

502, 503, 504, 505, 601, 602, 603, 604, 701, 702, and 801; and to

repeal acts and parts of acts.

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN ENACT:

Edited by imiubu

shaggyballs

Thanks @imiubu

But Uuuuuggg on the lawyer talk...😁

We need a Z-Labs Lawyer as a mascot.

@knucklehead bob didnt you know a cannabis lawyer?

I don't mean to be presumptuous but it is good to know the law to the letter.

Peace Ya'll

:smoking-banana-smiley-emoticon: Shag

knucklehead bob
7 minutes ago, shaggyballs said:

@knucklehead bob didnt you know a cannabis lawyer?

Yes , I know a couple off the top-o-my head and I bet they're lickin' their chops right about now with the "Legal" business market . 🤪

latest?cb=20170117020409 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Nice Job 1

Limos

hopefully they don’t pass this POS bill. I’ll ask my old lawyer if he’d like to join and discuss. He’s a reasonable priced lawyer IMO & a patient card holder as well. Covert Law

imiubu

@Limos IMHO it would be wonderful if Josh was here and would help us with all the legal gooblediegook.

shaggyballs
1 hour ago, imiubu said:

@Limos IMHO it would be wonderful if Josh was here and would help us with all the legal gooblediegook.

Maybe we could get some funds together to get this done.

I could donate a little cash to this fund, anyone else think this is a good idea?

dawn patrol

If I lived there I would chuck some money at this - crowdfund a known cannabis lawyer??  Absolutely, very important the understand your rights in the state especially with the potentially changing laws.

Unfortunately I'm in Florida, I know that I have no cannabis rights no matter what the law or a lawyer says.  The oppression is still that open and apparent down here.

No matter what the law "says" I will probably be one of the last out of the shadows no matter where I am, just seen way too much bullshit in my life related to "regulatory legislation" of the plant we all love.

Captainmorgan

Well this was expected, Birmingham, Royal Oak, Rochester and Pontiac have already said no to recreational marijuana businesses, I expect most if not all of Oakland county will be against it.

AceGrower

Kinda figured the legislature would try and pull something like this after the fact.  😒

Edited by AceGrower

Reply to this topic