Smokin Joe

Dansbuds

Smokin Joe

Don't really know where to put this so if anyone has a better spot feel free to move this.

as most of you know our friend and brother @dansbuds passed away tonight. 

There are so many good things to say about dan but all I can come up with right now is he was 1 hell of a good friend to me. Never got the chance to meet him but got to know him well enough that here is something missing now.

• Like 5
  • Sad 13
  • Thanks 3

Aspen

Never met him either... Didn't need to Dan always felt at home on my phone... Wow.... I know... now it feels so heavy.... A lots missing.... How can you love and respect someone so much.... At such a distance... He earned it.... Its that simple...

Edited by Aspen

Ganja Ken

Dan was always nice to talk to and too damn humble if you ask me. Hell of a guy. I hope we can honour all he ever asked from us.

zoot

Sad news for sure. He will be missed by many. May he Rest In Peace 🕯️🕯️🕯️

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Aspen
5 hours ago, Smokin Joe said:

Don't really know where to put this so if anyone has a better spot feel free to move this.

@Smokin Joe it doesn't really matter where you put this.... I for one will cary and feel this for a long time as so many of us will... I know you will too...  It doesn't really matter where that is... I hope he knew how we felt about him...

TheMan13

I've been in a really bad place personally the past few months and have not processed Dan's illness well.  Many in the community have reached out to me personally to keep me posted along the way and I greatly appreciate that.  Dan was a good and longtime friend that I will miss dearly.  RIP kind sir, Godspeed my friend  ...

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Smokin Joe
1 hour ago, Aspen said:

@Smokin Joe it doesn't really matter where you put this.... I for one will cary and feel this for a long time as so many of us will... I know you will too...  It doesn't really matter where that is... I hope he knew how we felt about him...

We had a mushy conversation about a week ago. He knew

Comacus

Oh no.  My prayers go out to his family.  Rest in peace Dan.

dragboatjeffy

RIP Dan, And prayers for his family.

Much love to all my brothers here.

Edit and sisters!

Edited by dragboatjeffy

antheis

RIP, Dan. you are missed.

seymourbud

Have been online friends with Dansbud for almost 6 years.  He and Tony and their creation and testing of the Gorilla Bubble line over the years was so impressive to follow.  I always thought the Dan was an incredible grower and well thought out poster.  Helpful to a fault, but very supportive of all he engaged.  People like him don't come along often, I was blessed to have interacted with him the little as I did.  Hopefully he is going to a better place.  You will be missed Dan.

blues147

Its very easy to understand why Dan was liked so much by his peers, when I first joined this board knowing no one I reached out to Dan for some advice on similar crosses that I knew he had experience with to help me make a decision on what to buy, it was a very pleasant surprise when I received an answer from Dan that was both informative and thoughtful, sorry I didn't get to know you better sir. R.I.P.

imiubu

May his loved ones find comfort in each other as they now move forward without him.  Rest in peace brother Dan. 

I hope you find yourself in an eternal field of cannabis with an endless supply of seeds to plant.

Tynehead Tom

2018 has been a year of loss in my circles and it's been tough.

This news is sad. While i didn't know Dan that well I can see his impact clearly in the community with those he helped and shared his journey with.

my condolences to all those that were close with Dan.

Dog Star

Sad news definitly,didnt know things will go in such direction so fast..

R.I.P. Dan

Aspen

with 5 and a 1/2 years ago.... I stumbled out of the doctors office and into Ic Mag....  Was looking at the GG4 thread the original one... Dan posted a comment that was very well spoken... In the mist of a bunch of people that were all hot and bothered over something.... I liked the comment and said you guys are lucky... I wish I could try something like that GG4.... The next day I had a pm saying... Hello my name is Dan and I may be able to help you try that.one... Just saying sometimes I get lucky and actually get to help someone.... That was my very first PM on ic mag... I was a member for 3 weeks at that time.... I tried to explain. That I had no skill or knowledge about growing.... I'm sure he had no idea what he was about to get him self involved in with me.... All he said is dont worry about that.... I can help you learn a thing or two and cut you loose on the community at large...lol.... Neither of us would have imagined the next 5 years.... No way to know he was going to take me by the hand every step of the way.... Dan cried when I sent pictures of my last run.... He was there every step of the way of coarse... He said well you have made it.... Told me a few times that I had surpassed his level... No way that was true... And I refuse to believe it today.... Anyway he was my rock... I have the skills to grow my own medicine.... And the skills to produce enough to sell a little.... And all of that started with a very innocent private message.... 5 years ago.... I have received many many boxes from Dan... Sometimes everyother week.... We shipped back and fourth all kinds of shit.... Nutes... Tools... Clones... And always every year I got a killer BirthDay present... A few hand rolled Joints... Some wax or keif and a card.... I can say without question that I have smoked the very best bud in New York... I can say also that I have been given be very best gift anyone could possibly receive...  And without a doubt I can say... I had the very best mentor the grow world has ever seen or herd about....He Tought a girl how to fish... He gave me a shot at a better life... And I took it.. I never once immagined that I would ever be growing without Dan firmly in my corner.... I've got a hundred stories about  Dan.. The rest Are to close to the heart for now.... We were there for each other... Just like friends should be... He saw me through some of my harshest times.... And Cellebrated all of my best times with me.... I know he was proud of me... Proud of What he in large part tought me hands on... Dan was special to me and I never had any secrets about that... And I will always shought that from the rooftops... A few people have referred to me as Dan's side project... Many questioned why he stuck with me.... At times I have too.... I havent the words to properly explain how I feel about the last 5 years... Dan... If we would have had a few more days.... I was planning on Meeting SmokinJoe at Dan's door and surprising him.... Lt Dan said I could have what ever money it took to get me and SMOKINJOE hand and hand outside that door... Now SMOKINJOE can move mountains.... But as it turns out we only had 7 hours and 11 minutes left.. I got a little medical insight too.... Both of my Dan's are so awesome... Lt Dan is on the way home... 2 weeks early from only god knows where in the world.... Because he refuses to let me go through this loss without a Dan... I never told anyone this but DansBuds also pushed me into the Wounded Warriors dive program... He found the initial information and thought We had a chance given our boat and experience.... For about 5 months he pushed Me in that Direction... Knowing it would be good for me somehow.... Because I love Vets....

Edited by Aspen
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Nice Job 2

jpdnkstr

RIP Dan, you will be missed dearly.

aridbud

Indeed, he'll be missed. I thank him for his contributions to the cannabis world, even though I did not know him. Head bowed to all those that knew him. RIP.

jm420

sorry to hear about this

dan was good peeps.didnt know him well but was str8 in my book

rip

Kind024

RIP Dansbud, I hope we get to meet on the flipside. :smileys-passing-joint:

Onward and upward brother,

kind