zoot

Wisconsin’s new Governor and Marijuana Legalization

zoot

MARIJUANA LEGALIZATION

Tony believes it’s time for Wisconsin to join nearly 30 other states and the District of Columbia in legalizing medical marijuana.   As a cancer survivor himself, Tony is all too familiar with the side effects of a major illness that can make everyday tasks, like making your bed or even showering, a challenge.  

This is an evolving issue.  For many Wisconsinites, medical marijuana will alleviate chronic pain, which is why organizations like the American Legion support legalization because of the documented health benefits for our veterans.  It’s no secret that Wisconsin, like red and blue states across the country, is battling an opioid and painkiller crisis that is killing thousands of Americans every year.  The fact remains that states that have legalized medical marijuana have observed double digit decreases in both opioid abuse and overdose related hospitalizations.  

Tony would support and sign medical marijuana legalization legislation.  In regard to full legalization – Tony believes this is a decision that should reside with Wisconsin residents and would support a statewide referendum on the issue.

There was also a 16 county, informational referendum on legalization of marijuana both medically and recreationally. It received a 77% approval from the voters.

Looks like Wisconsin isn’t to far away from flipping.

3rdCoaster

Looks like its our turn in the barrel.  Happy days?....More legislated and regulated B.S?  Time will tell.  At least things are moving away from the status quo.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2019/02/17/tony-evers-calls-decriminalization-recreational-marijuana-use/2901119002/

This quote from the article is refreshing and brings some hope for a bill crafted with some regard for the will of the people......certainly not perfect and the 12 plant limit is a joke....baby steps.

Under Evers' proposal, medical marijuana would be available to treat a "debilitating medical condition" diagnosed by doctors, including AIDS, Alzheimer's disease and cancer. Eligible users could consume the drug through any method, including smoking. 

The plan would cost about $1.6 million over the next two years and result in about $2.3 million in new tax revenue from sales of marijuana for medical use, Evers administration officials estimate. 

Evers has said previously he would seek a tax structure that allows small marijuana growers to make money, rather than provide a pathway for large pharmaceutical companies to dominate the industry that could emerge from legalizing the drug. 

"I think the last thing the people of Wisconsin want as it relates to marijuana is that it eventually devolves into Pfizer running (the market),” he said in January. “I want it to be set up in a way that people in the state of Wisconsin feel comfortable that they can make some money by doing this work without having to essentially go broke."

Under Evers' plan, all marijuana sold for medical uses must be grown in Wisconsin. Growers could cultivate up to 12 plants. 

Edited by 3rdCoaster

shaggy
32 minutes ago, 3rdCoaster said:

Evers has said previously he would seek a tax structure that allows small marijuana growers to make money, rather than provide a pathway for large pharmaceutical companies to dominate the industry that could emerge from legalizing the drug. 

"I think the last thing the people of Wisconsin want as it relates to marijuana is that it eventually devolves into Pfizer running (the market),” he said in January. “I want it to be set up in a way that people in the state of Wisconsin feel comfortable that they can make some money by doing this work without having to essentially go broke."

Under Evers' plan, all marijuana sold for medical uses must be grown in Wisconsin. Growers could cultivate up to 12 plants. 

Fuckin - A!

This guy is doing some good work and it really seems like the right way to do things.

Some ass-hat is gonna put a stop to this.

Too good to be true.

But I truly hope it goes down like this it would be great!

Edited by shaggyballs

herbert

Pfft you should see the debacle down here in Fl for the mmj rollout, no buds allowed yet anda couple companies control the whole market. The street price for carts are still half the dispensaries which are few and far between and not a peep out of growing your own.  

Edited by herbert

zoot

This is why I started the process of getting my hemp license, people with them will get first shot at converting it to include cannabis. I got that info from a friend who works with the Dept. of AG

• Like 2
  • Great Advice 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Nice Job 6

zoot

I applied 3 months ago, hoping to hear something soon got me some hemp plants on stand by.