Test Grow : Chunk D Hashplant

Tynehead Tom

Dropping soon at GLG

Parental Lineage Atomic NL5 x Tom Hill Deep Chunk (F1 made by a friend of Verdant Greens).  My selections were made over last couple years, first with the F2 , favoring Deep Chunk structure and leaf identifiers and for purpling traits and berry phenos, I have taken this to F3  using 2 similar males and 3 similare females, all sharing genetic purpling, berry phenos and the deep chunk identifiers(leaf, flower shape, structure)and am pleased to say that the plants coming out of this generation are simply outstanding. Certainly qualify as reliable indoor or outdoor , mold resistant, cold resistant, insect resistant (mites, thrips predominately) and very easy to grow. Flowering times are in the 56 day average but a few outlyers have been faster and slower. 8 weeks is pretty much bang on though. 

Cold flush at the end or cold nights will make these really purple up but many phenos are expressing dark purple, near black calyxes and will end up being some real dank , true purple bud.

If you are a dank indica lover and miss the old school effects and flavors of days gone by..... these hash plants are for you.

Chunk D Hashplant label art - Copy.png

test grow at 52N , 3045 feet elevation, western canada.

Not my garden but a good friend I gave these seeds to in the spring.

He raised them outside the entire time and light depped them in a simple box in the ground with a removeable lid.

Simple feed with 20-20-20 and in sunshine mix 4. He pretty much does the bare minimum and I'd say the plants did all the rest. Has not been a great season here and looks like he will get a decent harvest of personal smoke.

So here is a pile of pics from today..... I think these speak for themselves and I welcome your comments .

DSC06159_-_Copy.JPG

DSC06160_-_Copy.JPG

DSC06161_-_Copy.JPG

DSC06162_-_Copy.JPG

DSC06163_-_Copy.JPG

DSC06164_-_Copy.JPG

DSC06165_-_Copy.JPG

DSC06167_-_Copy.JPG

DSC06168_-_Copy.JPG

DSC06169_-_Copy.JPG

The plant look good but i think since you growin them stocky and small that harder defoliation will show them

even in better light and as result much better yield and resin content... better for you in the end..

sorry for being a smart ass on you Tom,i know you know how to growin plants..  its just a friendly advice to develop lower parts more intensive..

Kind regards bro

4 hours ago, Dog Star said:

The plant look good but i think since you growin them stocky and small that harder defoliation will show them

even in better light and as result much better yield and resin content... better for you in the end..

sorry for being a smart ass on you Tom,i know you know how to growin plants..  its just a friendly advice to develop lower parts more intensive..

Kind regards bro

the plants posted here are not grown by me, I just made the seeds 😄

it is a friends small light dep box. Plants are small on purpose because my friend has a family and neighbors and the plants must be small and hidden away. This grow actually shows a pretty nifty little light dep box for those who can't grow in the open. 

also, if you look closely at the pics, some are very wet with water as it just finished raining on the plants a few minutes before the pictures. In person, there is no lack of resin/frost on any of the plants.

Personally, these seeds are producing "exactly" what I hoped they would.

this growing season here has been terrible over all. Everyone is bitching about veggies gardens not producing , extreme insect activity.... hornets, mites, thrips ect.... lack of honey bees. Very smokey at ground level right up to atmosphere for last 1/2 of july and most of august and fall weather arrived 3 weeks earlier than normal. Last 3 weeks has been more clouds and rain than sunny and over night temps right now are hovering at or just above freezing.

All these things considered, I think buddies plants look pretty good for what they endured..... which really.... is a fantastic test of these beans if you ask me 😉

• 4 months later...

Hopefully these can get dropped soon, would be excited to try and find a nice female to run for this outdoor season.....I have been having a difficult time finding a strain to finish where I am at, with mold and mildew resistance.  I am in a swampy valley of sorts, but near the coast.   I think these would be a great strain to try out for the humid late summer nights I sometimes get around here.   Shhooooot, and with Wild Fire Hashplant freebies......appreciate the hard work brother.  Wishing you an uplifting and positive 2019, all the best.

I sent the drop out east many months ago for a friend to send to glg as it was closer...... he kinda got busy , then we had the postal strike here..... and with the holidays and a close friend passing we have both been letting it slip our minds. I gave him a nudge so hopefully it gets on it's way to glg this coming week although now thier is a govt shutdown stateside and i'm sure that affects the mail service....... should be right in time for spring planting either way we slice it 🙂

Guest knucklehead bob
44 minutes ago, Tynehead Tom said:

i'm sure that affects the mail service....... should be right in time for spring planting either way we slice it 🙂

Still getting bills & mail here in the Detroit area   🤪

• 3 months later...
Guest vanisleoutdoor

Grew out one of these last year.  Hoop-house on Vancouver island.  One of my fav out of a dozen or so plants. 

I didn't have high hopes for it outside and it excelled.  Great visual.  Nice smoke.  Would perform very well inside I suspect.

IMG_20181010_080608.jpg.9fdcb3f0405074102afb51ee482bc8bc.jpg

IMG_20181018_091401_187.jpg

IMG_20181013_160838_780.jpg

• 1 year later...

not the best pic but mr underhill , one of my test growers , sent me this pic of one of his Chunk D Hashplants grown from clones he took last season.

Looks very leafy when grown outside but worth the garden space if he kept clones to run.

09-05-2020 Chunk D Hashplant Line 2a - Copy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

mr underhill sent me his harvest pics of this years batch of Chunk D Hashplant. Some killer plants this season that though small , give a really good insight into what can be found in the beans at GLG. Once those are gone..... they gone.

IMG_20200913_162411 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20200913_162344 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20200913_162353 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20200913_162505 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20200913_162518 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20200913_162522 - Copy.jpg

My last grow had one Chunk D and it was one of the first to mature. Unfortunately I should have taken it a bit earlier and waiting too long diminished some of its punch. Pretty sure this will be processed into sleeping oil. Just finished curing that grow and will deciding what will be smoked and what will be processed in the next short while. Tough job but someone has to do it. 🙂 There is a photo of the Chunk D in my contest thread. 

Archived