Limos

Michigan Prop 1

shaggy

21 hours ago, Limos said:

Cool, saved from the choping block!

Good news here!

Hopefully this is just the beginning and people will continue to push until things are better like getting a constitutional protection for growing like in Colorado. I haven't looked over each state's laws, but it seems like Colorado is the only state that has protected cannabis use and growing in their constitution. We need that to be the standard, because otherwise legislators can just keep changing the rules at whim.

Methods of inducing SAR Local Acquired Resistance and Induced Systemic Resistance                                   I.P.M. INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT

Do plants need silicon?                   ODA finds bottled microbes with little live organisms                          Welcome to Z-Library!

dawn patrol

Anybody know if this is true?  

http://www.eclectablog.com/2018/11/michigan-senate-republicans-only-allow-their-democratic-colleagues-half-the-resources-to-serve-their-constituents.html

Man I thought the Florida legislature was fucked sideways.  Maybe they're just catching up to everyone else.

imiubu

@dawn patrol  I cannot speak to truth of it but we do have a very corrupt gov't body here in MI.  The budget is a parting gift from Meekhof and he isn't one of the good guys.

Irwin seems like a straight shooter but he is a politician so...  I met him on one occasion and he was easy to speak with yet he is a supporter of tax and regulate cannabis so...

Now, we have another governor who is just another corp whore, family $$ and is another tax and regulate like alcohol supporter.  She is also forced vaccine supporter.

I did not vote for her.  At least the Dow Chem whore billy bong schuette did not make Governor... that imho would have been the demise of our state and any reasonalble

cannabis reform.

Do all the old fart snow birds who own property in FL vote in FL or in their 'home' state?  If they vote in FL perhaps that has something to do with the state not moving forward

in any positive / progressive fashion?

dawn patrol
12 hours ago, imiubu said:

@dawn patrol  I cannot speak to truth of it but we do have a very corrupt gov't body here in MI.  The budget is a parting gift from Meekhof and he isn't one of the good guys.

Irwin seems like a straight shooter but he is a politician so...  I met him on one occasion and he was easy to speak with yet he is a supporter of tax and regulate cannabis so...

Now, we have another governor who is just another corp whore, family $$ and is another tax and regulate like alcohol supporter.  She is also forced vaccine supporter.

I did not vote for her.  At least the Dow Chem whore billy bong schuette did not make Governor... that imho would have been the demise of our state and any reasonalble

cannabis reform.

Do all the old fart snow birds who own property in FL vote in FL or in their 'home' state?  If they vote in FL perhaps that has something to do with the state not moving forward

in any positive / progressive fashion?

Florida politically is an enigma, wrapped in a riddle and covered in flaming dog shit.

20 years ago we had a functioning legislature, "Government in the Sunshine (i.e. transparency laws), and a Democrat Governor who went on to serve as a fine Senator in Washington.

Then came the rise of the Newt Gingrich Republican clones who infested the legislature, a famously corrupt Republican governor and then a wishy washy career politician who was Governor as a Democrat, then became a republican as a House representative in Washington.

The rot and corruption here is never ending now.  Our current former Governor (and it would appear soon to be new Senator) Rick Scott, has spent almost $150 MILLION dollars of his own money over the last 9 years to be elected Governor, be reelected as Governor and now to take a Senate seat (someone please explain that math to me???). 

During that time, the legislature flipped to a Republican majority in the state house and senate and the lobbyists and corruption exploded.

Scott has consistently and stubbornly refused to take any action (including turning down millions in Federal funding) to make our state electoral system more secure, has refused to expand Medicare in the state and has fought the MMJ law (approved by 70% of the state) tooth and nail.

Might as well mention our useless AG Pam Bondi while I'm ranting - she took a payoff from one Donald J Trump to dismiss all the Trump University suits in the state and has been instrumental in helping Scott stonewall the MMJ implementation as well and is rumored to be the a serious candidate as our next USAG.

As soon as speculation occurred that there could be a recount due to the close race in the recent mid term elections, Scott was on twitter and Fox News screaming about election fraud and the incumbent Democrat "stealing the election from the people of Florida" and filing BS lawsuits.

Both have huffed and puffed about election fraud, fraudulent voting, illegal immigrant voting, etc., etc, and called for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to investigate all the voter fraud. 

To which the FDLE responded, "No one has reported any voter fraud, anywhere in the state, there is nothing to investigate."

To finally answer your question, are people from other states voting in our elections?  Probably not, but even if they are I don't believe it is in significant number of people to make any difference. 

Are illegal immigrants voting in our elections?  Probably not, most polling places where there is significant Democratic turnout (read "not white voters") mysteriously often have LEO around them "for safety".

Florida is very good at voter suppression without making it obvious due to the next point.

Honestly the biggest factor in our elections is the over 60 Fox news watching population.  I say this from experience.  My mother passed away last year and lived in a "retirement community"  where you could walk by the units in the evening in the winter when windows were open and hear Fox news coming from almost every unit.  When these old folks met in the hallways to talk, after discussing their various ailments the topic always turned to whatever bogeyman Fox news was hyping. 

From ISIS to MS13 to the LBGTQ invading bathrooms to molest children, to the immigrant caravan, fear unnecessarily rules their lives and causes most of them to vote for candidates and parties that will act against their own best interests, but they have been drinking the Fox kool aid for so long that they see the bogeyman of the moment as a greater threat than the policies of the party that will actually make their lives worse. 

We have a ton of older residents and when I say older I mean people who were born in the 20's and 30's who were not hippies or part of the counterculture.  When my mom started successfully using cannabis tinctures and topicals, she mentioned to me that one of her neighbors would probably benefit from it, but she was terrified that if she mentioned it to her that the lady would call the police and I would end up in jail.  And I had been a part of, and overheard enough of their conversations to realize that the risk that she might be right was not worth the chance of trying to help someone I really didn't know that well.

I don't believe that either party has all the answers, I just want a functioning government on a local, state and national level.  What I do believe is that the Republican party has corrupted this state to a point that it may not ever recover from, and that is one of the reasons I am very keen to get out.

When I came across that tidbit from MI, my first thought was that it was something evil that even our scumbag legislators hadn't thought of or implemented yet.  That is some next level BS if it is real.

Ilynnboy
On 11/12/2018 at 11:38 PM, dawn patrol said:

Anybody know if this is true?  

http://www.eclectablog.com/2018/11/michigan-senate-republicans-only-allow-their-democratic-colleagues-half-the-resources-to-serve-their-constituents.html

Man I thought the Florida legislature was fucked sideways.  Maybe they're just catching up to everyone else.

That sounds about right @dawn patrol.

I love my old home state but not their governmental bodies.

Hell, We The People of Michigan voted down Right to Work in a ballot proposal so the legislature held a “special” session at 4 am to pass it for their corporate benefactors....

How about that for Crooked??

So ya it’s normal business

Guest bajafarms

so whats the deal with the micro license? any idea if it will be ag or commerical zones? or both? also what areas near the thumb you guys think will opt in?

elections always irritate me but im happy it passed truthfully, I think this will help things for everyone. 

xxPeacePipexx
On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:33 AM, bajafarms said:

so whats the deal with the micro license? any idea if it will be ag or commerical zones? or both? also what areas near the thumb you guys think will opt in?

elections always irritate me but im happy it passed truthfully, I think this will help things for everyone. 

It seems hard to be certain of at this point. But the odds are higher in the east side looking at what's taking place now through the states registered. I'm wondering how this will pan out as well here in the politicians sandbox (Emmett County). I know that the voters were in favor here, but I sense that they are going to be adamant about not allowing any provision centers here in the Country knowing full well that to the east Cheboygan County will most likely be the non dry county here...

Edited by <Peace+War>Pipe
High

Star plants have a universal signature ...

GoodEnergyGrower

Does a Hemp plant count against Prop 1 plant count?

Does a CBD plant with documented THC below .08 count against Prop 1 plant count?

With Hemp now legal as a crop.   And Michigan being a "right to farm" state I was just wondering with these laws working together, if it was possible to have as many hemp plants as you want and/or pure CBD plants, and still tack on your 12 THC plants.   If they wanna separate this plant, let's use the law and free this plant.....

hmmmmm.......

xxPeacePipexx
On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:18 AM, GoodEnergyGrower said:

Does a Hemp plant count against Prop 1 plant count?

Does a CBD plant with documented THC below .08 count against Prop 1 plant count?

With Hemp now legal as a crop.   And Michigan being a "right to farm" state I was just wondering with these laws working together, if it was possible to have as many hemp plants as you want and/or pure CBD plants, and still tack on your 12 THC plants.   If they wanna separate this plant, let's use the law and free this plant.....

Good questions. Sow the seed everywhere and heal mother earth is what I say lol

Star plants have a universal signature ...

PlantLady

@xxPeacePipexx I couldn't agree more...Johnny Appleseed had the right idea!!! Spread it everywhere! Its already in my Audubon Field Guide to North American wildflowers, so it is "supposed" to be growing wild...lets just help it along a bit (hehe).

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use Guidelines Privacy Policy and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..