Limos

Michigan Prop 1

Captainmorgan

Catch 22, on this one. If you have no interest in growing and your not ill and just want to get high this is great. If you have a need or just want to grow there will be more laws on the books that can get you locked up.

Limos
6 minutes ago, Captainmorgan said:

Catch 22, on this one. If you have no interest in growing and your not ill and just want to get high this is great. If you have a need or just want to grow there will be more laws on the books that can get you locked up.

As opposed to what laws we have now? 

Captainmorgan
1 minute ago, Limos said:

As opposed to what laws we have now? 

They will get rid of simple possession of small quantities and how many new laws will be added that get growers locked up? That was my only point.

shaggy
1 hour ago, Limos said:

stop locking people up for simple possession seems like a no brainer to me. 

Me too, but this can be done without legalization.

The govt. just needs to admit that it has not been forthcoming concerning the truth about why cannabis was made to be illegal in the first place.

They lied to get cannabis on the controlled substance list.

So since they lied, they should come clean and tell the truth.

I do know this is a lot to ask, but it is the only proper thing to do.

we need to ask:

Why does this substance need to be controlled?

What reasons are given to keep it controlled?

Are they truth or more lies?

Why is it so hard for them to tell the truth?

Edited by shaggyballs

Methods of inducing SAR Local Acquired Resistance and Induced Systemic Resistance                                   I.P.M. INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT

Do plants need silicon?                   ODA finds bottled microbes with little live organisms                          Welcome to Z-Library!

imiubu

Misdemeanors and felonies may be reduced BUT you can still get dragged into Civil court and have to pay Civil fines. 

Why should I be fined at all?  Even $200 bucks + all the  hassle is still getting effed.  We will still be padding their coffers

in one way or another.

Prop 1 will not reduce arrests.  I'll stake my good reputation upon that fact.

Why do I want to support anything will blatantly state that I think cannabis is a dangerous drug that needs heavy regulations?

How can I in good conscience vote for something that SIN taxes me because cannabis gets me HIGH?

This is a human rights issue.

Stand up or... get what they give us. 

While debating issues I try to avoid pointing fingers and saying "you" this and "you" that, as it puts others on the defensive.

Aspen

Just wish Florida would move it along... Its crazy here... Big nurserys got the grow green light and we aren't talking about Roses and Gladoilas... Way worse off in the south... Wish y'all the best of luck... Someone on the eastern side of the country needs to have Green Rights.... That are right...

Captainmorgan

Our so called justice system has turned into a for profit corporate scheme, not only are people getting rich locking people up, they also make loads of money on the prisoners food,health care and even the communication to the outside world, not to mention the slave wages they pay prisoners for actual jobs the prisons make money from.Corporate prisons even have guaranteed occupancy numbers in their contracts with government, let that sink in, even if crime rates fall they get their money or they get sent more people to lock up. What better way to get rid of a corporations competitors than locking them up. In our current system more and more growers will be targeted and the recreational systems tax revenues will fund it.

Aspen
3 minutes ago, Captainmorgan said:

Our so called justice system has turned into a for profit corporate scheme, not only are people getting rich locking people up, they also make loads of money on the prisoners food,health care and even the communication to the outside world, not to mention the slave wages they pay prisoners for actual jobs the prisons make money from.Corporate prisons even have guaranteed occupancy numbers in their contracts with government, let that sink in, even if crime rates fall they get their money or they get sent more people to lock up. What better way to get rid of a corporations competitors than locking them up. In our current system more and more growers will be targeted and the recreational systems tax revenues will fund it.

Sad very sad but this is what we have become... How did we let this happen?? 

knucklehead bob
58 minutes ago, Limos said:

.were you guys in favor of the MMMA? 

Yes , and we can see how the arrest rate for cannabis went down after we all voted for that "Law" making it "Legal" for some people that followed that "Law" to possess cannabis , right ?

In fact , the number of people that were arrested for cannabis went up  

The status quo will be maintained at our own personal cost 

Believe it or not 

2017 was ‘civil asset forfeiture on steroids’ in Detroit

The Michigan Senate has not taken up the bill.

https://www.michigancapitolconfidential.com/wayne-county-took-cars-from-380-people-never-charged-with-a-crime?fbclid=IwAR2hHd4_Et2uRPrqlLYi4X-v3OOp9x2BIxkIsvuF9Xpve0Yu9iDl9S7pBik

He said facetiously . . . 

Edited by knucklehead bob

imiubu
8 hours ago, Limos said:

So..again...were you guys in favor of the MMMA? 

We were in an entirely different /time place with cannabis 10yrs ago. 

I didn't understand then what I do now about gov't agencies etc... et al.

Given that we had no cannabis laws on the books 10yrs ago.  And, considering

that all cannabis use is medicinal whether that's the intent of the user or not...

I did vote for it then, even knowing it was a pos initiative (yes even then). 

Would I now vote for prop 1 2008 (MMMA) if we had no other cannabis laws on the books?

Yes, most likely.  Why?  All cannabis use is essentially medicinal, even if I think I'm only getting "high".

MMMA doesn't have excise tax written in also.

Will I now... knowingly vote for another pos initiative whilst we already have one on the books that has

NEVER even been implemented/ enacted properly?  No.

Limos

There seems to be a underlining argument that this law won’t change anything and make things worse while standing on that MMMP card to prop up your determination. 

I want to hear from someone that does not already pay the state $ for their exception to use Cannabis medically. Someone who doesn’t pay to sign on to the rules & regulations the SOM drew up for you. Someone who doesn’t go to see a DR to renew every 2 years...or every year to cover the follow up rule. Hell maybe from someone who caught a charge for possession or growing for personal use. Maybe someone’s kid who got busted in college and fucked up future job opportunities. Maybe from someone who got their fucking kids taken away because they were grow 4 plants inside without a card. 

I’d be interested to see if their opinions would match some MMMP card holders that have chimed in here. Actually I bet they would be of the same mind...the same mind at least pre 2008. Further extrapolating I bet they would be ready for better laws like you are now...only it would be far more people of the same mind because they have broken the stigma. More people than are currently registered as card holders for sure. 

Smoke em if you got em I know I could use one right about now.

nekrod

Truly we should stick to our values. I don't believe there will ever be more legalization after med+rec. Why let it go on another 100+ years with slave taxes / criminal regulation.

Never thought I would see legal weed in my life time, I know how greedy politicians(people) are. So it was a little hard to get off the legal weed train. They dangle that carrot of hope in front of your face and shy you away from the truth.

I was like idk knucklehead bob for a couple months in my head but then I read these news articles you guys post and I formed my own opinion. And Wisconsin talking about doing it up without letting the people even vote. They are afraid of in-flowing illegal marijuana. Ridiculous.

It comes down to the lies we are still being sold. Absolutely like shaggyballs says if we lose our rights now it will be so hard to get back. To me this is the no brainer put forth by yall and that is my conclusion.

I mean we think we have it bad now and we fought so hard for it.. but we have come so far in a short period of time, I think with more dedication we could really have a positive impact on the future instead of just letting it run this alcohol industry regulated course.

To me giving into the prohibitionists would be to vote for these props. Letting them dominate their will because of how they feel, when does it end? It will start sooner than we think if we keep holding out hope!

Can we rally all the people all the time to change the status quo? I dont know. But should we try. Definitely.

If this prop were to fail, news agencies would need to let the people know some of them people voted NO because cannabis should be free from such regulation. Does not seem like a fun battle and this is just my opinion. What happens next then going forward?

Also are their politicians pushing this voice? I am assuming a larger discussion would have to and hopefully would spring up in Michigan then, thats the plan right?

What will/should/might happen if prop 1 fails?

thanks,

N

Edited by nekrod

Limos

I would wager that if prop 1 fails we will see some big brother grows outta Lansing...back to the UP mine & Rick Jones type plans. I’ll give odds...who’s taking that bet? 

nekrod

@limos Ah I see what you are saying now about more people. But how many of us are just cowed out. Are politicians really going to be forced to put up another prop for cannabis after prop 1 is passed?

Social science questions can rack the brain. heh

It seems to me that if further reform is down the road then yes prop 1 may be a no brainer, (im still not sure on the legal ramifications)

but if it stifles dialogue or gets us in this ingrained alcohol industry esque system then heck no I would say hold out!

imiubu
3 hours ago, Limos said:

I would wager that if prop 1 fails we will see some big brother grows outta Lansing...back to the UP mine & Rick Jones type plans. I’ll give odds...who’s taking that bet? 

They are already here... waiting with baited breath.

By voting yes, we the people acquiesce to cannabis being so very dangerous that it must be strictly regulated and taxed...

eventually by ATF???  Isn't that who controls Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms? 

An entirely new tax and regulate system will be built upon the same old lies.

On that note, I'm bowing out now.  My NO vote still stands.

Limos
1 hour ago, imiubu said:

They are already here... waiting with baited breath.

By voting yes, we the people acquiesce to cannabis being so very dangerous that it must be strictly regulated and taxed...

eventually by ATF???  Isn't that who controls Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms? 

An entirely new tax and regulate system will be built upon the same old lies.

On that note, I'm bowing out now.  My NO vote still stands.

You already made that vote with the MMMP. 

BTW The purpose of this thread wasnt to change anyone’s vote...I was trying  hear reasonable arguments on why to vote No. I haven’t heard any. 

Ill vote yes & maybe it’ll allow someone avoid prosecution someday. One thing is for sure, if the current set of laws do not change that allowance will not be afforded period. 

If it passes maybe it’ll change some people’s minds about cannabis in general. I hope it does because when they come for the medical grows we’ll need them. 

willy

I vote yes simply because an inch forward is better than nothing. plus a bad law is better than no law at all!! JMHO 

Limos

Had to see a “Pot Dr” yesterday as I decided I should bring my 1/2 year expired card current. They are all about voting no on this prop. So after some back and forth with the Dr & security guard on why they were so anti prop 1...only thing that was left of their argument was it would raise car insurance premiums & 21 year old kids brains are still developing & making it easier to kill their brain cells is not a good idea...this prop is not for us I was told over & over again 😞

It it dawned on me why the doc & that establishment & others like it are against it...they will lose market share. 

Even debated with @SeedPAC a bit but  he’s more about turning the knives where he can. 

Doc was nice and all but I fuckin hate drs for the most part. They can see past their nose most of the time. 

FTW

Edited by Limos

imiubu

Our brains do not fully develop until our mid to late 20's so... imho the doc's argument is uneducated and simply a moot point. 

Also, there is no scientific evidence proving cannabis kills brain cells, quite the opposite in fact.

I'll agree to the point that the doc is personally invested and that is most likely why he will vote no.

I stand with seedpac  🙂  I'll not again vote for something that tells my gov't that I agree with 80 years of lies.

Shit... I said I was bowing out! lol

Public meeting today for EndProhibitionMichigan, 1:30 pm come on out and see what we are about. 

We are moving forward regardless of how Prop 1 does on 11/6. 

imi will be giving her first presentation... come on out for a giggle or two due to that if not for any other reason, haha.

Edited by imiubu

Limos

I find it interesting you think the Dr was a male. 

A moot point? No not really this is a sample of what EPM will be up against...pay attention. You’ll have to sway the minds and hearts of the majority of the population. 

Cant make the meeting but break a leg!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use Guidelines Privacy Policy and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..