Limos

Michigan Prop 1

Limos

What do you people think of this...Prop 1

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/milegalize/pages/1599/attachments/original/1494010055/Initiative_Language.pdf?1494010055

Found this excerpt interesting

“qualifications for licensure that are directly and demonstrably related to the operation of a marihuana establishment, provided that a prior conviction solely for a marihuana-related offense does not disqualify an individual or otherwise affect eligibility for licensure, unless the offense involved distribution of a controlled substance to a minor;”

TheMan13

Trying to pass something allowing felony conviction for delivery of a controlled substance to a minor would be suicidal IMHO  It is an enhancement following the min/max for the violation of the law. In theory if the canna law disappears so would the violation of that law, but not so with that contributing to the delinquency of a minor enhancement and being conscious of that is very important given the political natural of our argument/cause.  The same would go for selling near a school and selling that resulted in injury or death I assume. I hope that makes sense ...

Edited by TheMan13

TheMan13
On 9/7/2018 at 9:58 AM, Limos said:

Not sure I understand? Why is it suicidal? 

Lawyer math brother ;-)~  

Edited by TheMan13

TheMan13
8 minutes ago, Limos said:

Not sure I understand? Why is it suicidal? 

Are we talking about the same thing?  I'm just trying to explain why the "minor" exception exists.  Sucks if you were 17 selling to your 17 buddy as some 25s first case though ...

Edited by TheMan13

Limos

Not sure that we are. Regardless, what do you think of the proposal as a whole?

knucklehead bob
3 minutes ago, Limos said:

what do you think of the proposal as a whole?

I think it makes North Dakota look very inviting :passing-joint-smiley-emoticon:

Unlike legalization measures approved in a number of other states, the North Dakota proposal would set no limit on how much cannabis people could possess or cultivate. It would also allow a system of legal marijuana production and sales.

Michigan is also voting on a marijuana legalization measure this year.

Limos
3 minutes ago, knucklehead bob said:

Michigan is also voting on a marijuana legalization measure this year.

Yeah KHB that’s what this prop 1 is about

good for ND not sure that’s enough to make me move there though. Standing Rock is what comes to mind when I read ND

TheMan13
Just now, Limos said:

I'm game for anything brother.  What it is on paper today isn't what it will be in reality if it passes, and you don't need to be a lawyer to understand that.  As for guessing the electorate this November I'd give them a 50/50 chance.  That said, with Labor Day/summer now over and all those establishment political engines checks now cashed/banked the shit will be hitting the fan until November and in all honesty no one is really interested in canna.  The 2016 elections left the canna community decimated so I'm not even sure it will be much of a real time gauge for us.

TheMan13
15 minutes ago, Limos said:

We may be talking about something entirely different here.  I will need to revisit this on another, better day ...

GoodEnergyGrower

It is pretty cut and dry, as far as a citizens permitted actions go, 12 plants and no more than 2.5 ounces like CO.    I have a lot of seeds and this may seem picky on my part, but....lawyers are, especially if big money wants to take you over all they need to do is weigh all of your hard work together.

Sec. 3. As used in this act:

(e) “Marihuana” means all parts of the plant of the genus cannabis, growing or not; the seeds of the plant; the resin extracted from any part of the plant; and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the plant or its seeds or resin, including marihuana concentrate and marihuana-infused products.

along with this

Sec. 5. 1. Notwithstanding any other law or provision of this act, and except as otherwise provided in section 4 of this act, the following acts by a person 21 years of age or older are not unlawful, are not an offense, are not grounds for seizing or forfeiting property, are not grounds for arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, are not grounds for search or inspection, and are not grounds to deny any other right or privilege: (a) except as permitted by subdivision (b), possessing, using or consuming, internally possessing, purchasing, transporting, or processing 2.5 ounces or less of marihuana, except that not more than 15 grams of marihuana may be in the form of marihuana concentrate; (b) within the person’s residence, possessing, storing, and processing not more than 10 ounces of marihuana and any marihuana produced by marihuana plants cultivated on the premises and cultivating not more than 12 marihuana plants for personal use, provided that no more than 12 marihuana plants are possessed, cultivated, or processed on the premises at once;

Processed/curing/dry flower along with seed collection could easily put me over the 10 oz. of CANNABIS.  Also, since I have chosen to live holistically and deny pharma, I have salves, full extract oil, and flower.  I believe if there are laws making certain weighted transactions, people should have the right to store as much as they want on their property, just like everything else.  2.5 ounces on the person is fair.

Then there is the unfortunate bottle neck of breeding, where unless you have a licence, Class B or Class C, these licence holders are going to be able to dominate the breeding side of things, and great for them.  It would be nice to see them differentiate between Veg and Flowering plants.  Something say being able to have 12-24 clones or veg plants and 12 flowering....seems like Oregon has something like that.

Hopefully there is some amendments and initiatives to be able to have "farmers market" type events permitted to allow the underground/Mom and Pop growers to thrive.

Edited by GoodEnergyGrower

GoodEnergyGrower

Also, it seems if I am reading it correctly and interpreting it.  "Microbusinesses" are blocked from having their products sold in maybe other business.  Say a larger dispensary/provision center carrying a smaller farms product.  Seems unfair to the small farmer.

Sec. 3. As used in this act:

(h) “Marihuana establishment” means a marihuana grower, marihuana safety compliance facility, marihuana processor, marihuana microbusiness, marihuana retailer, marihuana secure transporter, or any other type of marihuana-related business licensed by the department.

(k) “Marihuana microbusiness” means a person licensed to cultivate not more than 150 marihuana plants; process and package marihuana; and sell or otherwise transfer marihuana to individuals who are 21 years of age or older or to a marihuana safety compliance facility, but not to other marihuana establishments.

unless the micro-business has to pay the middle man eh?

(l) “Marihuana processor” means a person licensed to obtain marihuana from marihuana establishments; process and package marihuana; and sell or otherwise transfer marihuana to marihuana establishments

Edited by GoodEnergyGrower

knucklehead bob

I'm curious to know how many people here in Mi. signed an MiLegalize petition ? 

I have not signed any petition nor have I ever seen a petitioner anywhere . 🤔

Limos

“In November of 2017, in partnership with the Coalition to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol, we submitted over 360,000 signatures to the Michigan Secretary of State.”

It will be on the ballot in Nov as prop 1...it’s a done deal...other than the vote

imiubu

JUST VOTE NO!

I will come back when I'm in clearer mind and outline my reasons to VOTE NO!

Edit

No @knucklehead bob I never saw a petition.  Perhaps because I never went to one of their fancy $500 dinner/ fundraisers?

Edited by imiubu

knucklehead bob
2 hours ago, Limos said:

“In November of 2017, in partnership with the Coalition to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol, we submitted over 360,000 signatures to the Michigan Secretary of State.”

I didn't know you were partnered with CRMLA ?

It's kind of funny that all you need are 2 👁️👁️s plus an N and you can spell ?  CRIMINAL   👀

Edited by knucklehead bob

Limos

That’s a quote from the MILEGALIZE site @knucklehead bob I have no affiliation with either organization. 

Like it or not it does seem coming. 

Edited by Limos

knucklehead bob
1 hour ago, Limos said:

Like it or not it does seem coming. 

I'll give it a definite maybe & hope the people in Mi. are as smart as we told Ohio voters to be when we told them to say NO to Tax & Regulated Gubbermint Weed . Which they did say no .

Anyone remember that ? Also if anyone here from Michigan ever saw a petitioner or signed a petition ? Because like I said , I never saw any petitioners anywhere and don't know anyone that said they signed any petition .  

knucklehead bob

It might be more palatable if weren't for the exorbitant Tax rate they are using aside from the fact of how the beauracracy never has enough money for roads & schools & clean water & Veterans , ETC ,  ETC , ETC and still , the Left & Right ALWAYS find a way to come together to vote to raise Taxes on the Electorate and vote for their own pay raise . 

Who believes they will not raise the Tax rate on cannabis ? http://medicalcannabisjournal.net/2018/09/10/the-fallacy-of-baby-steps-in-cannabis-reform/

Colorado imposes a 15 percent excise tax on the sale of marijuana from a cultivator to a retailer. In addition, the state levies a 15 percent sales tax (up from 10 percent in 2017) on retail sales to customers.

Massachusetts, concerned its previous ballot initiative approved rate of 3.75 percent was too low, raised the excise tax rate to 10.75 percent in 2017.

Nevada imposes an excise tax on the sale of marijuana by a cultivator to a distributor. This rate is set at 15 percent of the Fair Market Value as determined by the Nevada Department of Taxation. In 2017, Nevada created a new 10 percent sales tax paid by consumers.

https://taxfoundation.org/state-marijuana-taxes-2018/

21728361_10210075093093491_7890909231108

If there were “truth in advertising” it should really be called “Cramming Ridiculous Marijuana Laws up our Asses.”  Bruce Cain

• Like 1
  • Great Advice 1
  • Nice Job 1

Limos

@knucklehead bob do believe an initiative like Abrogate would have a chance of passing if it were on the Nov ballot? 

Personally I like the idea of regulate like a tomato plant but I have my doubts it would get a majority vote in this state. 

Captainmorgan

Chances are that they will use the tax revenue from recreational to go after small growers in order to protect the profits of big corporate weed. If you look at how all the laws are written to date my prediction is it will be a nightmare for the little people in the community.

knucklehead bob
41 minutes ago, Limos said:

@knucklehead bob do believe an initiative like Abrogate would have a chance of passing if it were on the Nov ballot? 

This question is moot given the current state of affairs & because of $$$$$$$$.00 and all the self proclaimed Tax & Regulate activists & is not on the ballot . Divide & conquer at its best . Had everyone come together instead of infighting , I believe it would have had a chance . 

Do you believe your Creator given rights can be Taxed & Regulated by a bunch of known Liars & Thieves , aka , the Michigan/Federal Legislature ? I don't !

Do you believe the Michigan/Federal Legislature has eminent domain over your body and how you harmlessly choose to nourish & medicate yourself ? I don't !

What I am seeing on social media is that more & more people are actually reading this catastrophe and more people are becoming dis-enchanted & will vote NO as will myself and everyone that hears the Truth .  And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. https://biblehub.com/kjv/john/8.htm 

Limos
6 minutes ago, knucklehead bob said:

This question is moot given the current state of affairs & because of $$$$$$$$.00 and all the self proclaimed Tax & Regulate activists & is not on the ballot . Divide & conquer at its best . Had everyone come together instead of infighting , I believe it would have had a chance .

Vote no then what? Let’s say it gets voted down. So what now then? Which is why I asked about abrogate...it’s not moot if that is the model you’d like to see. Would the majority of Michigan residents vote for that? 

7 minutes ago, knucklehead bob said:

Do you believe your Creator given rights can be Taxed & Regulated by a bunch of known Liars & Thieves , aka , the Michigan/Federal Legislature ? I don't !

Do you believe the Michigan/Federal Legislature has eminent domain over your body and how you harmlessly choose to nourish & medicate yourself ? I don't !

I think I stated what I thought with the tomato comment but no I don’t to both of those. 

9 minutes ago, knucklehead bob said:

What I am seeing on social media is that more & more people are actually reading this catastrophe and more people are becoming dis-enchanted & will vote NO as will myself and everyone that hears the Truth .  And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. https://biblehub.com/kjv/john/8.htm 

I know the truth about cannabis...they still locked me up...opposite of free. 

Let me play devils advocate for a min since you’re quoting the Bible and all...getting to grow your own 12 plants recreationally is not a good thing? No tax on home grows that I could tell. 

knucklehead bob
2 minutes ago, Limos said:

I know the truth about cannabis...they still locked me up...opposite of free. 

Not enough people know the Truth but more are learning daily . Do you really believe people will no longer be locked up with MiLegalise ? I don't ! 

9 minutes ago, Limos said:

Let me play devils advocate for a min since you’re quoting the Bible and all...getting to grow your own 12 plants recreationally is not a good thing? No tax on home grows that I could tell.

Not yet ! Once the door is open for Tax & Regulate to the Legislature , it's pretty much game over because of $$$$$$$$.00 & Public Safety and whatever else they want to claim .  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use Privacy Policy.