FL Fishing

Bugman

Bugman

i know there alot of fishing going on in fl.

what kind of fish & whats the seasion?

an who has a boat & wants to take me fishing LMFAO

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
Bugman

when i was a kid we would go to daytona & my dad & uncle would take me & my brother deep sea fishing ,[catching king & spanish macrel & big banita an a shark or 2]  i miss those days as i got older we would go to desten & stenahatche [catching sea trout,blues ,reds & flounders]

• Like 1
Ilynnboy

@Aspen lives down there, but her boat is too expensive for relaxing on and burning one as you bob up and down in the water.

We have a few FL members, maybe you’ll find a new fishing buddy.

• Haha 2
Aspen
20 minutes ago, Ilynnboy said:

@Aspen lives down there, but her boat is too expensive for relaxing on and burning one as you bob up and down in the water.

@Ilynnboyoh no its not.... What do you think I'm doing right now.... Sitting back in the sun... Burning a cone letting the nitrogen dissipate in my system.... My BFF and our two assistant Instructors have 14 in the water for about an hour... Yup just taking it all in got a killer breeze blowing to the north at about 18 knots not a cloud in the sky.... Just catching up here and trying my best not to let the Sea rock me to sleep....

@Bugman unfortunately my boat is missing two things you need on a surface fishing boat.... Guess what that is....  Out riggers and Phathom was built with out a single rod holder..... Not one.... What she dose have is speargun racks.... She can secure 25 spearguns safely.... Ill show you a new way to fish and you'll toss out that rod and real... Promise....

Aspen

When I get docked ill post the FWl guidelines for salt and fresh waters.... And bug.... Its all legal if you don't get cought.... Just don't abuse the wildlife...  Never take more than you can handle.... When I go spearing during the day every fisherman at the docks waits till we come back in so they can lie to there wives and say they cought the big one that day....lol.... With a rod and real its 50/50 with a deadly by catch low rate.... We kinda skip that and just go kill what we want.... And in my waters all hog fish are mine.....lmao.... Reds too....

Bugman
6 hours ago, Ilynnboy said:

yea my bait would be flying behined the boat like a kite lol

• Haha 1
dawn patrol

If @Aspen situation is not to your liking, come see me.  I have a 40 mph 25 foot center console with a T-top so your Georgia ass won't explode in the sun.  

Here are your current fishing options:

We get up at 3 AM, go catch bait and prowl the beaches for 6 foot tarpon that will make you cry and wish you were in a deer stand with a rifle instead or we catch nothing and die in a thunderstorm.

We get up at 4 am and go catch bait to catch 12-18" mangrove snappers while you try not to get seasick from the wake of giant freighters passing every 20 minutes or we catch nothing and die in a thunderstorm.

We can get up at 4 am and buy shrimp and try to find the inshore fish that might bite in this heat from 6:20 - 6:40 AM and then run out to the beach and try for the tarpon that

will make you cry and wish you were in a deer stand with a rifle instead or we catch nothing and die in a thunderstorm.

We can sleep in, drink some beers with a leisurely lunch and then chase bait from 4-7  before trying to catch the tarpon that will make you cry and wish you were in a deer stand with a rifle instead or we catch nothing and die in a thunderstorm.

We can hang by my pool all day, buy some cut bait and go out after dark and try to hook a tarpon or shark that will make you cry and wish you were in a deer stand with a rifle instead or we catch nothing and die in a thunderstorm.

The message is that in summer, ya get your ass under the water as much as possible and pray your captain has good instruments and knows the weather patterns so you don't die in a thunderstorm. 

Winter water has much better visibility, but only the young and crazy want to be out and about in summer heat and storms. 

I used to be young and stupid, I was lucky enough to grow up to be lucky and smarter for the bad experiences.

@Aspen has a boat, the instruments and the knowledge that maybe .1% of the population will ever experience. 

If you choose my options, I will gladly smoke you up and then tell you what a dumbass you are :5899aa31ab92f_Chimpaughinggif:

East coast of Florida is a whole different ball game.  If I was gonna do that I would go to Miami or the Keys in winter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
Bugman

it sound like tarpon fishing or thunderstorms ,im all about beating the heat.

going out with @Aspen & spear fishing sounds fun if i could hold my breath that long lol

• Haha 1
Bugman

when i got a little older me & my ex & son would go to PC beach & fish off the city pier ,an we would go out on a party barge [the cheep rout] or sometimes charter a boat [more money], but the pc city pier got blown away by huricanes some years back so i havent been back.

yea the atlantic[east coast ] is much diffrent than the gulf [west coast side]

Edited by Bugman
15 minutes ago, Bugman said:

when i got a little older me & my ex & son would go to PC beach & fish off the city pier ,an we would go out on a party barge [the cheep rout] or sometimes charter a boat [more money], but the pc city pier got blown away by huricanes some years back so i havent been back.

yea the atlantic[east coast ] is much diffrent than the gulf [west coast side]

Its been rebuilt.... I just jumped off that fucker last night at 1:45am.... Rescue call got the ticket to prove it.... Also don't block the pier entrance with your truck.... That's another ticket... That whole area has been rebuilt its called Pier Park its a huge outdoor shopping mall.... Its really cool down there now...

Edited by Aspen
dawn patrol
On 8/10/2018 at 11:00 AM, Bugman said:

it sound like tarpon fishing or thunderstorms ,im all about beating the heat.

I was yankin your chain @Bugman  I hope you know that.

But yeah - summer sucks ass down here and it goes on forever.  When it starts to get really hot in late May, I always think I just gotta make it til September.  Then the next thing I know it's Thanksgiving and it's still too hot to eat outside and the A/C is still running day and night. 

A Christmas where you can wear long pants is a rarity and if our lows get into the high 30's once or twice that's a typical winter (January and February)

I am so ready to GTFO of here but the wife won't hear it.  I'm not talkin about Michigan or anything, north Georgia, south Tennessee maybe South Cackalacky?  Just someplace where winter gets a little cold once in awhile and I don't have swamp ass 7 months out of the year.

• Haha 1
  • Nice Job 1

The heat is Damn easy to Beat when you live in Cave Diving Central..... The springs around here are at 64 degrees the water is crystal clear.... And we have hundreds of them within 20 miles... They all feed the Bays and pour out into the gulf of Mexico..... All you gotta do is take a quick Dip....

dawn patrol

Closest springs to me is Manatee and that's 90 minutes on a good day.  Pool is 3 steps out the back door and that does the trick especially before bed time.  

But I miss the change of seasons especially in the fall.  I'm not cropping so I'm supremely adaptable to change and could probably use some at this point.

Went to the beach this afternoon and got in the water.  Water felt like I pissed in my wetsuit, but not as good cause I wasn't cold.    

• Like 1
Ilynnboy

Ya the water gets hot down there.

Went to Bonita Springs last summer.

The water was too hot to be refreshing...ewww like swimming in pee.

dawn patrol

yeah it's pretty gross this time of year and then you factor in the algae blooms on the east coast and the red tide on the west coast and the dead rotting sea life everywhere and it just makes you disgusted.

We've had a complete fuckstick for a governor for the last 8 years (and now he's running for a senate seat) but as corrupt as our legislature is, I really don't think it makes any difference who wins the governors office next, this place is FUCKED. 

Humans are the apex parasites on earth and Florida is ground zero for that proof.  We will develop, pave and pollute to our utter destruction and not let up for a minute in search of another dollar.

• Nice Job 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use Guidelines Privacy Policy and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..