Sar Hawza purebred (Afghan landrace)

TheMan13

I was recently handed/gifted some of the Sar Hawza purebred seeds @Doc_Gage had smuggled back from Afghanistan in 2012 and wrote the book the Strains of War about.

273960916_SarHawzaIBL10x.jpg.78140068d5ea8c6574c8a475a29ae70c.jpg

44662376_SarHawzaAfghanistan_MapFlag.thumb.jpg.ac78620391d77bdefd7da02047a331c1.jpg

1652288455_StrainsofWar.thumb.jpg.d370c965485d54caccb5514fef1c9be5.jpg

IMG_0356.thumb.JPG.31b66099a6b975be3ad4d31be0e2bd36.JPG

IMG_0354.thumb.JPG.915e3a9d2ca8d214fc40c8928ad15482.JPG

IMG_0355.thumb.JPG.c5a3733c4583ad631b35ae674f005001.JPG

Those seeds were dropped into water at 0313hrs Saturday July 28, 2018, during the longest Blood Moon of this century.

905439650_7-28-180313b.thumb.JPG.596c86f608bbbc64305e25e81c783a24.JPG

498754676_SarHawzaIBL.thumb.JPG.f6d510823e87451cd56c08207a146958.JPG

100_3652.thumb.JPG.4c91129a6e7c24001e5fe9c8658b6b5e.JPG

100_3657.thumb.JPG.42be4de50d1e87851fdf9c176212eb78.JPG

Six days wet:

139474362_SarHawzapurebred6dayswetA.thumb.JPG.6a1040cabb56298bb90a71545e670fd1.JPG

1536402697_SarHawzapurebred6dayswetB.thumb.JPG.fb60ce1eef22354e00b1ec6a3df9d7d4.JPG

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Oldproseeds

Yeah buddy!!!

Classic Afghan for real.....the short type from what i see as some get 6 feet...

Some of those cut plants look very alike!

Pheno...hunt man..COOL

🙂

Op

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Slick rick said:

@TheMan13 are u having them tested for sex bro they look really nice so far

Yes.  I'm sending those four Sar Hawza purebred seedlings pictured off to Phylos Bioscience for sexing this week.  I will later choose the pick female from that analysis to have Phylos perform genotype DNA testing and plug it into the Galaxy:  https://phylos.bio/galaxy/ 

Guest Doc_Gage

HUGE appreciation to @TheMan13 for taking on this challenge....it's not every day you get to grow and research PURE land race genetics from a completely new region of Afghanistan never before picked for its seeds.....a colossal endeavor!!! Its not every day I say this.....but, I owe this guy=)

1 hour ago, Slick rick said:

Now do u think they can patent dna from folks sending stuff in to be sexed some of us where talking about it today on ig

I do not understand the question.  Are you asking if I think Gage or Phylos Bioscience could "patent" these genetics?  Regardless, we'd probably have to invest a few stacks in lawyers to honestly understand the answer ;--)~

Guest dawn patrol
35 minutes ago, TheMan13 said:

I do not understand the question.  Are you asking if I think Gage or Phylos Bioscience could "patent" these genetics?  Regardless, we'd probably have to invest a few stacks in lawyers to honestly understand the answer ;--)~

I think what @Slick rick is getting at is that some folks think the end game of Phylos is to identify the lowest common genetic denominator in all the samples sent in to the database and then patent that, thereby encompassing most of the strains submitted and effectively laying claim to the vast majority of modern cannabis genetics in some form or fashion.

When you think about it that way, what you are proposing by submitting a sample of land race Afghani could be a really important piece of what they are looking for, and ultimately very damaging to the idea of people freely growing their own medicine from commonly passed or purchased seed stock.  Since the Afghani lines were the building blocks of many modern strains, this could be incredibly damaging to the idea of keeping our plants free from the clutches of big business.

My gut tells me that at this point if that's their master plan, they already have the genetic samples they need, they are just accumulating statistics to support their argument.

Right now they make the money they can from the cannabis community to help us all understand the genetic picture and some time in the future when cannabis acceptance is greater and they have a substantial database of samples to support their claim, they can shop their IP around to the highest bidder or the deepest pockets who will then take up the patent cause and subsequently litigate or use the threat of litigation to license/bleed and or bankrupt any and all participants in the cannabis business that won't play ball with them.  Just another version of the patent troll game.

And if you think that the courts will never rule in their favor, I would ask you to revisit the Citizens United decision.  The US court system is no longer about justice, it's all about money.

Remember that the downfall of our political system came when corporations decided it wasn't good enough to back one candidate or the other when they could just buy off both and guarantee a winner every time and the courts allowed it.

Now corporate money is not enough for our elected officials, it is coming from other countries so they can change our laws and access the lucrative American financial markets they were legislated out of by sanction or regulation (i.e. Magnitsky Act).   

I guess anything is possible, as we  clearly live in a a crazy world chuck full of crazy people and far too many are willing to do anything for a buck.  From my perspective I'm not willing to let the fear of some future what if (patent) stifle my research and education today as it relates to DNA analysis and understanding.  When the corporate suites and their lawyers show up at my door I'll deal with them then ;-)~   

• 5 weeks later...

Ok on to the Patent fallacy...

Guys , Why does it even matter?

I have a thousand pot seeds of all kinds of different varieties.

There are Millions of fuckers like me...

We are All criminals Now and Will Remain So....

They will never reign in Cannabis...

Ever!!!!

Patent or No Patent......

How will they Stop it?

Short answer...They Can Not...!!!!!!

Big agricultural farms? Sure...

Closet growers.....NEVER...

So unless you run a commercial greenhouse supplying registered retail cannabis....fear Not...

• Zoot featured and pinned this topic

Archived