Celestial Temple Sativa has been patented.

shaggy

We were told:

When talking about patents, you can not put a patent on something you can prove has been in the public domain.

You could at one time buy seed of this cultivar, is that not what you would call in the public domain? WTF?

Inventor
Steven Wynn Kubby

Current Assignee 
KUBBY PATENT AND LICENSES, LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY 
Original Assignee
KUBBY PATENT AND LICENSES, LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY

Priority date 
2010-03-13
MESQUITE, NV / ACCESSWIRE / December 21, 2016 / Cannabis Sativa, Inc. (CBDS) announced that on December 20, 2016, the company's subsidiary was awarded Patent PP27,475 for a Cannabis Plant named "Ecuadorian Sativa".

"Equadorian Sativa" has been shown in laboratory testing by Steephill Labs to have a Limonene level that is extraordinarily high at a level of 4.53, 10 to 20 times the usual range. This sets "Equadorian Sativa" apart from other varieties in its odor, the effects on mood and mentation and its medical qualities.

The objective of the breeding, which produced this novel plant strain nicknamed "CTA", was primarily to develop a plant having the following characteristics: (a) medicinal properties that included hypotensive activity; (b) psychoactive properties that motivated and energized, rather than creating lethargy, sleepiness, and (c) increased food consumption.

Anecdotally, there are indications that its use may prevent some cancers and may cause apoptosis of cancer cells in vivo. There is a good possibility that the high levels of limonene may slow down the build-up of plaque in the arteries and reduce the effect of low-density lipo-proteins on the circulatory system. Indications are that "Ecuadorian Sativa" has many medical qualities that make it an important tool to maintain health and deal with illness.

"Our patience is now rewarded with the issuance of Patent PP27,475". "This patent will open up new areas for research and opportunities for CBDS", said CEO Mike Gravel.

This plant was derived from a female said to be of a strain called colloquially, "Celestial Temple Sativa" an individual grown in Ecuador that as a solitary plant reached a height of 23 feet. The male parent is said to have been of a strain known colloquially as "Island Sweet Skunk".

The Company's President David Tobias said, "This is a major accomplishment and is a tribute to the foresight and perseverance of management to solidify Cannabis Sativa's contribution to the maturing Cannabis industry."

Forward-Looking Statements:

This press release contains "forward-looking statements." Although the forward-looking statements in this release reflect the good faith judgment of management, forward-looking statements are inherently subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to be materially different from those discussed in these forward-looking statements. Readers are urged to carefully review and consider the various disclosures made by us in our reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the risk factors that attempt to advise interested parties of the risks that may affect our business, financial condition, results of operation and cash flows. If one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or if the underlying assumptions prove incorrect, our actual results may vary materially from those expected or projected. Underlying assumptions include without limitation, the ongoing enactment of legislation favorable to the production of and the commercialization of cannabis products and the Company's success in capitalizing on that legislation. Readers are urged not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this release. We assume no obligation to update any forward-looking statements in order to reflect any event or circumstance that may arise after the date of this release.

https://patents.google.com/patent/USPP27475P2/en

Contact Information:

Investor Relations
Mesquite, NV 89027
702-345-4074
http://www.cannabissativainc.com

Grower reports: 1  Viewed: 26,243 times   Rated by 1 user: 7.00/10
'Celestial Temple Sativa' from Federation Seed Co.
Lineage Ecuador Sativa
Family Unknown or mixed family
Origin Not Listed
Region Canada
Genotype Sativa
Indoor Maturation 70 to 75 days
Outdoor Maturation Not Listed
Sex Possibilities Standard (M/F)
Stature Not Listed
Yield Not Listed
Odor Level Not Listed
Odor Description Not Listed
Taste Level Not Listed
Taste Description Citrus flavor

Breeder's Description - 'Celestial Temple Sativa'
The Celestial Temple Sativa (CTS) is from the area between the coast and the Andes mountains in Ecuador, an area where you find the huge banana plantations and other agricultural productions. Along the coast, daytime average high temperatures range from 84 F (29 C) to 91 F (33 C), with nightime lows going from 68 F (20 C) to 74 F (24 C), making CTS an extremely good producing 10 week sativa that's mold and mildew resistant. Long dark jagged leaves with densly packed pinky pistills and a great calyx to leaf ratio makes trimming a breeze and a pleasure. Known in the medical community as being an ...continued
  Grower Report - Rahan on February 22, 2005, 4:30 pm  
Celestial Temple Sativa from Federation Seed Co. rated 7.00  

Overall Rating 7      Effect All in the head
Potency 7      Stature Somewhat tall and lanky
Yield 6      Phenotype Not Listed
Ease 7      Indoor 60 to 65 days
Appearance 7      Outdoor Not Listed
Odor Level 7      Odor:  fruitfull, with citrus aroma
Taste Level 7      Taste:  sweet and citrus
Grower's Tilt 8      Sexes Standard (M/F)
SI Rating Not Listed   Vintage:  September, 2004

Growth report:

Quite easy to grow for a sativa. Be attentive to overwatering. This one likes dry soil like many sativas. It seems to like moderate fertilization. I had to prun the plants at three internodes. Not all plants developped 6 branchs, some developped only 4. The strain is quite vigourous but be attentive in the middle of the vegetative cycle: the stems tend to be a little weak. When flowering time arrives (after just more than one month in my case), they have a little boost in their growth. But after two weeks of flowering time, the main growth stops and I think that time is quite short compared with other sativas that continue to grow for weeks... The buds appears after two or three weeks of flowering. They will have an continuous grow until harvest. Resin production begins also rapidly. Some plants tend to be better resin producer than others. At the end (near to eight weeks for me, but I produced seeds), you have buds that are very resinous and that present a good size for a sativa. The drying process doesn't present any problems, but be careful with the odor which can be strong.

Smoking report:

I distinguish two parts in the high.
The first part is a electric high with a cardiac acceleration. You have a lot of ideas that disappear as quickly as they appeared. During the first 20 minutes, I would describe the high as a linear regression with a strong positive coefficient.
The second part is more quite, with a "planant" effect. While your brain seems ok, you know that you're completely stone. A strange impression that I already had with Malawi gold, but in a weakier way.
The high is very longlasting, peaceful and after 2 hours 1/2, the celestial lets you return to a normal life as if nothing happened.
Compared with the Ethiopian Highland, it's a less trippy high, less aggressive but more quite, more longlasting and more relaxing.
Compared with the Jamaica from hemcy, it's a more "up high" and more consistent, without breaks. It's also more consistent than Skunk n°1 high.
To conclude, it's clearly a pure sativa high. No evidence of indica part in this stuff.

Conclusion:
I consider this strain as a "must have". Relatively short vegetative cycle, short flowering time for a sativa with a pure sativa high. A sativa lover will find his money with this strain. I'm waiting for the F2 to make my opinion about the genetic stability.
Edited by shaggyballs
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Do plants need silicon?       

Welcome to Z-Library!

The Golden Rule:  They who have the gold, make the rules.

"They" have no rules, they place them upon those that have been bred to follow. 

Food, Medicine, Land.....these used to be free to the human born of this Earth, this Agrogarian Capitalistic society will not stop until the Earth is Dead or "They" own it all and use our brains and tax money to ship them off to Mars so they may colonize another planet.

"They" are turning our environment into their environment.....reptilians like it hot and humid!

It all starts to make sense....they are Vultures of Culture and they are picking on all my friends.

2145603586_theylivebilll.jpg.f0a1a08515b4aed8913993dcf21c6e03.jpg

497743341_theylive.jpg.78b25e50f5eb847eae48f1469138f369.jpg

• Like 6
  • Nice Job 2

hmmmmm.......

...we're all in this together folks...a rocketship to Mars will not save you from yourself. If you can't fill the void with what you have, it won't be filled from what you get.

I suppose that doesn't hold much relevance to the opening topic. I'll carry on a bit then. . .patenting genetics, WTF! I know it's not new but what's next? Am I going to have to send in royalties everytime I use Lactobacillus? Are they going to patent yeast too...pretty soon we won't be able to bake bread or breathe without breaking someones patent law.

Edited by Kind024
  • Like 6
  • Great Advice 1

"Be the light that lights lights that light other lights." C.R. Jr.

14 minutes ago, Kind024 said:

I know it's not new but what's next? Am I going to have to send in royalties everytime I use Lactobacillus? Are they going to patent yeast too...pretty soon we won't be able to bake bread or breathe without breaking someones patent law.

That just may be the future.🤬

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Do plants need silicon?       

Welcome to Z-Library!

My original post here may have held offence for some folks and that wasn't my intention. It will be replaced with some refreshing elevator music and a beautiful nature scene. 

My apologies. Please enjoy the show...

Image result for fields of cannabis

Edited by Kind024
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

From what I can tell it's a hybrid of Celestial Temple Sativa and the Island Sweet Skunk that has been patented.

Not the Celestial Temple Sativa.

As mentioned in the 1st post of this thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Troutman said:

From what I can tell it's a hybrid of Celestial Temple Sativa and the Island Sweet Skunk that has been patented.

Not the Celestial Temple Sativa.

As mentioned in the 1st post of this thread.

Maybe that is why they are calling it CTS.

Could be the new name, seems kinda strange.

Do plants need silicon?       

Welcome to Z-Library!

• 4 months later...

ik this is old, but I feel like it deserved more attention.  ig you all feel pretty powerless given they can do egregious shit right out in the open like this.   I get they make the laws... and print the money... and have the weapons ….and the natural resouurces…. and own "our land"....

oh, wait, nevermind, when I say it like that it kinda does seem like we are powerless

Edited by outliergenetix

This is kinda f*cked up. Does this mean that I can patent my tincture method because it’s unique and combines several techniques? I’ve actually had patients and friends recommend I do this and I just laughed.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Kingfish said:

This is kinda f*cked up. Does this mean that I can patent my tincture method because it’s unique and combines several techniques? I’ve actually had patients and friends recommend I do this and I just laughed.

to me patenting the method of making a tincture, if unique in some clearly defineable way that you came up with by yourself, and nobody else is doing it presently, then I would say that is in the spirit of a patent, tho I woulda laughed to 🙂

Edited by outliergenetix

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/25/2019 at 6:40 PM, shaggyballs said:

I ask again politely.

Sorry @shaggyballs I haven't checked...but if your looking for bird seed I'd check the local feed store first.

Edited by Kind024
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @shaggyballs, I apologize for my sarcasm. This whole patented plant genetics thing puts me on tilt sometimes. I understand that it wont be too long and anything I grow will be infringing on somebody's hair regeneration cash fund. 

...So I followed up on the search for these seeds when I was at the feed store getting the Cornish chicks. The owner said they haven't stocked them for a while now...apparently the birds won't even eat them.

• Haha 1

1899350648_haha.jpg.6faadb933395e4d34e0f6f1421b3383a.jpg

I did not get it the first time but did the second go round.

That patent stuff burns me up too!

Just for the record I am not really going to buy any if they are found.

I wanted to know if any could be found?

And would I be sued if I grew some??...LOL

Thanks for stopin' in brother even if it was to bust my chops.....😍

• Haha 1

Do plants need silicon?       

Welcome to Z-Library!

I thought I was just following along. You have a good sense of humor so I figure share my frustration in a joke...as you can probably already tell I dont do stand-up comedy for a living. 

• Haha 2

• 1 year later...

Bump to add to the recent tally of patented plants.

Do plants need silicon?       

Welcome to Z-Library!