• Created
  • Last Reply

DN pheno #2

20170617_210547.jpg

DN pheno #1

20170617_211255.jpg

This one is the dans cut version.

20170617_211548.jpg

Any info on the hollow stem, none of my other grow have had this so i think it may be genetic.

TY-IA

Shag

20170617_211326.jpg

20170617_210744.jpg

I am not real sure about what it is exactly,the trait is your speaking of?

I see an odd size leaf finger, maybe a little curve in the leaf finger.

Could you nail it down better for me, I will check my plants out to see if they are showing traits like yours do.?

Thank you

shag

Hallow stems is not genetic.., calcium defeciency.. might be lack of Ca or B/Mn def which would stop calcium uptake... serious issue though as you can't get more calcium into an already hallow stem, but if you correct all new growth should be full and strong...

With all due respect I'm Not 100% sure I agree with that being as simple as calcium def, many Of my strains will grow hollow stems when growing super fast in hydro. Same strains on the same resivour will grow solid stems if the room isn't dialed or if your not pushing the plants with light distance. So yeah it probably has something to do with calcium....

Ive done a lot of trouble shooting on this subject last year when slownickle from ic brought this into his thread and preached hollow stems are cal def. I tried different sources of calcium , lowering ph ect to no avail. With no effects good or bad

I don't worry about it anymore unless I have cal def showing up on the leaves 

but im always open to learning new things, if you have more thoughts on the subject or personal experiences I'd love to hear them.

1 hour ago, shaggyballs said:

I am not real sure about what it is exactly,the trait is your speaking of?

I see an odd size leaf finger, maybe a little curve in the leaf finger.

Could you nail it down better for me, I will check my plants out to see if they are showing traits like yours do.?

Thank you

shag

Petiole leaves pointing straight back towards the main stalk and or leaf patterns going 360 deg around the stem

Yes the leaf thing has shown up a lot in this cross. I think it's coming from the dmt as he has some strange leaf traits. I'll get a pick of him up soon. The hollow stems I think is genetic in this case. It may be a deficiency in some cases but not this 1 unless everyone has the same screwed up conditions. Dans #6 cut has had hollow stems in every garden it has been in. I found it in a few different cuts while doing test runs and such so in this case I'm gonna call genetics until someone proves me wrong.   

Some even claiming makes for a stronger plant be cause it allows for a more consistent uptake to the top of the plant.

fwiw when i pheno hunt shiskaberry lines..... hollow stem trait is on my checklist. 

that leaf trait is coming from the dmt for sure. I am really seeing some cool plants in the darlins net and sour dub x dmt and many plants are showing those leaf traits as well as other cool variations. I am due for a pic update so when the camera gets home tonite I'll get on it. I have 8 darlins net in the flower room under the 1000W. 1 sexed a while ago and is flowering now and the other 7 are just on day 2 of 12/12 for sexing. Plus the two females in my greenhouse which one of those i flowered a cut of that is hanging whole curing. Gotta clone those and start light depping them today.

Most food has equal or greater parts potassium to calcium.. potassium has a stronger magnetic bond and tends to tie up other nutrients... plants need enough Boron and magnese to uptake calcium.. i also got on this from slownicklw and asteria before him.. is very hard to get 50+ % calcium.. and enough B and Mn to move it... ph always 6-7 range.. but yeah they fill in, heavy feeders eat more n get the hallow so still a good tell of a beast plant, but is not a tell of ideal nutrient uptake...

not it sure how to phrase it so I don't sound like a dick, but doesn't matter to me what anyone believes, just thought I'd post my personal experience... and yeah.. I get to be in a lot of fast turn over large scale things.. we test stuff..

2 minutes ago, Coastal said:

Most food has equal or greater parts potassium to calcium.. potassium has a stronger magnetic bond and tends to tie up other nutrients... plants need enough Boron and magnese to uptake calcium.. i also got on this from slownicklw and asteria before him.. is very hard to get 50+ % calcium.. and enough B and Mn to move it... ph always 6-7 range.. but yeah they fill in, heavy feeders eat more n get the hallow so still a good tell of a beast plant, but is not a tell of ideal nutrient uptake...

not it sure how to phrase it so I don't sound like a dick, but doesn't matter to me what anyone believes, just thought I'd post my personal experience... and yeah.. I get to be in a lot of fast turn over large scale things.. we test stuff..

I won't pick apart your wording , I know your intentions are clearly helpful so it's all good.

do you have any strains you can't get rid of the hallow stems?

strains that had hollow stems before and you cured them with calcium?

maybe when You get time I'll send you a detailed food schedule that I run and let you pick it apart.

Yeah bud, anytime ... my writing and thoughts are broken up a bit wierd,lol, but yes I want people to grow healthier plants and be able to enjoy focusing on maintaining an ideal environment instead of labour intensive spraying and stripping and tie'ing...

I'm not always there either especially trying no bottle organic no till,lol..

in chemical feeds I usually don't get any hallow stem now, but I check as one of my walk through things.. pinch a few main stems on the stretchers.. if they are not really full and I can crush them then I drop my other feed lower and add gypsum and borax to get them full, but yeah I still get them on the same cuts in veg room etc where conditions and feed are less consistent.. 

in a 55 gal blue res I add 500 Cali magic, 100 micro and 50 bloom, 1tbs super boost(supernatural brand)  and that's pretty good as a feed, still add some silica every here n there and use gypsum,borax and Epsom salts to modify a bit... gotta add a bit more bloom sometimes too.. this is 2 ec mix half for 1 ec.. 

Darlin's Nets outside in my green house. Pheno #2T and #3T and inside I have a bunch more just finishing sexing..... so a few more females will be going outside to veg up for cloning. Gonna run those indoors this fall/winter. Will get some pics of those tonight if i remember. Just about to roll my first doob of this variety , from a flowered clone of pheno 2T , the plant on the right

June 22 Darlin's Net #2T and #3T - Copy.JPG

Well I think I am torturing my plants more than torturing tony.

I went out of town for a week and came back to the light being off, looks like for at least 3-4 days.

Everything went yellow and seems to have a bit of a fungal infection.

Looks like I may have to chop down to a nub.

• 3 weeks later...

My outdoor/greenhouse Darlin's Net (pheno 3T) is one very cool looking plant. The leaves are so funky , big, and huge wide serrations. This pheno seems to have shown up twice as the one i had to emergency chop indoors at week 6 has the same leaves. I have several darlin's net seedlings and these two are the only one expressing these type of leaves. Bright red petioles and lots of big fat dark green 3 leafed fans. It has a deep almost coffee like aroma to it. I just love this plant right here and have backed it up with 4 or 5 rooted clones. Just rounding the turn into the end of week 4 (coming sunday)

July 18 Darlin's Net #3T pic 1 - Copy.JPG

July 18 Darlin's Net #3 pic 2 - Copy.JPG

Contrary to popular belief, most males are just sperm donors and don't leave a lot of grates behind. DMT is a different critter the holds his own and passes on strong desirable traits. He also brings some that a lot of folks don't like, and that is some slow ass, stocky indica traits.

@Tynehead Tom I think you have found the perfect mix of the momma and papa 👍   

That red stem is gg4 all day

@Smokin Joe , Most phenos of the Darlin's Net I've seen in my room so far have been fairly slow but the #1(double serrated male) and #2(female) phenos seems more to the Glue side and a bit more vigor, especially that male. To me I only care about flavour, potency and resistance to garden pests and not sensative to the feed program.

So far Darlin's Net is pleasing me very much and I rather like the stocky platform and the cool looking leaves. I'll get a few better pics of a side shot to show the bud stacking.

My DN#2T pheno has jar cured real nice now and the first hits remind me of an earthy salty dutch licorice...... I've had 3 people now tell me the same thing when they take thier first toke..... dutch licorice. Interesting flavours and top shelf potency in that pheno so really looking forward to seeing what i find in phenos 3, 4,5,6,7 and 8. four thru eight are vegging right now and I gotta transplant them. They got a little wierd going back from 12/12 sexing and out to the greenhouse but they are coming around.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll just put these here and you guys can tell me what ya think hehehe

at 43 days light dep , 10.5 on/13.5 off , Darlin's Net #3T ...... most certainly looking like a keeper pheno to me and is sure smelling like one too :rasta.nana: :weed-light-effects-smiley-emoticon:

Aug 7 Darlin's Net #3T pic 6 - Copy.JPG

Aug 7 Darlin's Net #3T pic 5 - Copy.JPG

Aug 7 Darlin's Net #3T pic 3 - Copy.JPG

Aug 7 Darlin's Net #3T pic 2 - Copy.JPG

Aug 7 Darlin's Net #3T pic 4 - Copy.JPG

Aug 7 Darlin's Net #3T pic 1 - Copy.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

hittin 56 days on this girl tomorrow and my god did she blow up into big fat flowers. Feeding just water all week and will give her one more week before the axe swings. No pictures tonight ,, to fuzzy LOL , so I'll get some in the morning sun. She is starting to fade out a wee bit now and is developing purple hues in the larger leaves. She's gonna look great all faded out i just know it.

I have 4 or 5 more darlin's net seed plants starting to flower now so we should get to see those finish mid october if I can maintain things here. Not easy growin weed past end of august here as it will be freezing overnight in about 4 weeks. Stay tuned , more to come but I can tell you all right now, Darlin's Net pheno #3T is staying in my garden for a good long while and will be passing her around to my trusted canadian brothers as long as they keep her out of the dispensary market :ph34r:xD

• 1 month later...

Five Darlin's Net plants from seed. Looking a little mutantish as they went into a state of preflower then reveg when i put them outside. Not good representations for structure ect due to the stresses but man o man these girls are frosty and just reeek of potent goodness :D

Darlin's net from seed,  plants #6, 7, 8, 9 and 10. That makes 8 or 9 females from these beans I've flowered out, some under heavy stresses from thrips, mites, fuggered up transition from inside to outside , letting them stay in 1 gallons too long ect ect.......and despite all those stresses, I have not seen a hermie flower or nanner yet. Despite some reports I've read from icmaggers with obvious issues in thier grow rooms as the cause..... I have not seen anything but copiously trichome covered female flowers growing from my Darlin's net seed pops.

Once again, big thanx to Smokin Joe for making this grow experience possible 

Oct 9 Darlin's Net #6 - Copy.JPG

Oct 9 Darlin's Net #7 pic 1 - Copy.JPG

Oct 9 Darlin's Net #7 pic 2 - Copy.JPG

Oct 9 Darlin's Net #8 and #9 - Copy.JPG

Oct 9 Darlin's Net #8 pic 1 - Copy.JPG

Oct 9 Darlin's Net #8 pic 2 - Copy.JPG

Oct 9 Darlin's Net #9 pic 1 - Copy.JPG

Oct 9 Darlin's Net #9 pic 2 - Copy.JPG

Oct 9 Darlin's Net #10 - Copy.JPG

• 4 months later...

:ph34r:

Got a new light coming soon... And gonna crack a couple more of these gems really soon... Along with some other different hopefully kill Roy ones...

And hello again all...it has been quite some time... :D

Archived