frankslan

Franks' Funk

frankslan
Posted (edited)

What do you guys think about the boiling flush TJ mentioned. Water with boiling water, 3 days after chop... 

I might do it because I want these things flushed and done. I started flushing 5 days ago. The plant just keeps popping bananas at an alarming rate now every time I look at it I see more bananas 

the plant looks like it could use another week but I kind of want to take it early at this point probably sunday. Its still really green too I thought it would be fading by now. Im not concerned with seeds I just dont want to be picking bananas out of every bud. Like that time my friend grow that mexican it had like 10 bananas on a gram size nug lol. 

Good news the smell is on point. 

Edited by frankslan

Comacus

@frankslan if they are still super green, you might just give them straight water for another week before the boiling water.

I hate late season bananas!  Mid season are worse.  Since I am always making seeds I almost always get a few here and there as I push the plants to ripen seeds.  But when they start popping up everywhere I want to chop too.

frankslan
Posted (edited)

Day 10 of flush they are still greeen 😞  the bananas dont seem as bad as I thought they were going to be I mostly see them in the lowers. I still want to just chop them and be done with it Top buds look mostly done now. middle buds and lowers still have lots of white hairs. 

I started the flush by flushing it with a lot of water too so there shouldn't be a build up of salt keeping them green. I should have done that gypsum flush or something. I figured they would yellow out fast with no food. 

Edited by frankslan

Slick rick

Be patient chem 91 is a 9 to 10 weeker I would still be feeding at 60 days 

texasjack
On 3/5/2020 at 7:15 PM, frankslan said:

What do you guys think about the boiling flush TJ mentioned. Water with boiling water, 3 days after chop... 

I might do it because I want these things flushed and done. I started flushing 5 days ago. The plant just keeps popping bananas at an alarming rate now every time I look at it I see more bananas 

the plant looks like it could use another week but I kind of want to take it early at this point probably sunday. Its still really green too I thought it would be fading by now. Im not concerned with seeds I just dont want to be picking bananas out of every bud. Like that time my friend grow that mexican it had like 10 bananas on a gram size nug lol. 

Good news the smell is on point. 

If it was me i would chop it. I dont like fooling w herms. 

The boiling has nothing to do w flushing. It is suppose to jump start and speed up the curing process .

Me and none of my friends flush we all try to keep all our leaves green till harvest. I might flush w 10 - 15 gals of RO water during the grow to keep salt from building up. depends on my runoff ppms. I'm propably feeding 300 - 350 ppm DG at harvest. Burns clean taste great. I put it up against any flushed.

I have some pics of a grow of a Grape Ape clone. 1 grow flushed w yellowing leaves the other the leaves kept green till harvest. I'll see if i can find the pics and post them on my thread show you the difference .

frankslan
Posted (edited)

@Slick rick Im at day 70 now so I think Ill just take it tomorrow. It looks pretty much done just really green still

@texasjack Thanks that's reassuring. It hasn't dropped pollen just tiny single bananas here and there. 

Edited by frankslan

frankslan
Posted (edited)

6O7gs5U.jpg

Lower bud banana ^ 

mLy48N6.jpg

Btodhj7.jpg

These brown leaves I believe are just from light intensity the middle leaves dont look like that.  

Edited by frankslan

frankslan
Posted (edited)

I chopped her yesterday hope it comes out decent at least. It looks good except for those single leaves have very little crystals on them. Been neglecting the garden and stocking up on food and shit preparing for quarantine what crazy times. I feel like a clone being passed around. Protect yourself like you would you plants be safe everyone. Step your ipm up wear masks in public if you have them. 

Edited by frankslan

Comacus

@frankslan I am getting a few late season bananas on my Ciskei too.  I'm probably giving it another week so my seeds can mature a little more but am keeping a close eye on it.   So far I have been able to pop out the few that are popping up.

frankslan
Posted (edited)

@Comacus That sucks mine never popped I was freaking out I thought it was going to keep popping them but its only a few here and there. Last run I had one plant had some issues I got a bunch of seeds now. I might actually run it again it was an amazing strain best out of the bunch for yeild and high. Only issue was it popped male flowers in the lowers I didnt even notice as it was in the very middle of the tent. Im even thinking of popping the seeds I have seeds from 4 different strains it polinated. Its funny though I picked the seeds I found while trimming and I havent found an inside the buds yet I must have smoke a couple oz by now too. 

Edited by frankslan

Comacus

@frankslan yeah this plant is prone to that so they do pop up here an there.  If your lower balls were stress related, you may well have some fem seeds.  Not a bad idea to try a few.  Keep them at the front of the tent and you can keep a close eye on them.

I made a strain called Black Death which was Grimm Creeper by Snowhigh x Black Domina.  I had a couple balls on the lowers of the Grimm Creeper.  I isolated it, pinched them out, and, never got any more.  I went ahead and pollenated the Grimm Creeper with Black Domina, and will get back to that cross again one day.  I have high hopes for it. 

frankslan
Posted (edited)

No till on the left coco on the right. No till is kicking ass bigger buds other than that they look the same. 

What do you guys think of those burnt tips too much nutes but what P maybe? I keep getting those in the new no till but not a big deal just wondering. 

interestingly the coco has the burnt tips also Im feeding at 700ppm so should not be over doing anything. 

Both are the same strain same cut Sour d x Chem de la chem. Both are about the same size too. Day 35ish 

sMfAr7a.jpg

Edited by frankslan

Coastal

Burnt tips is usually potassium.. phosphorus and nitrogen usually gets a claw or cupping as well as the burn...

Looks really nice! I would say your feed in the no till is a bit better ratio, the coco may be building up K but not have enough Ca and P to get the size of your no till ratio.

frankslan
Posted (edited)

okay cool thanks for the info @coastal  hopefully the no till sorts it self out but it been coming out good regardless of burnt tips. Some strains can handle it too the more purple strains im finding. 

Edited by frankslan

Coastal

I'd say your at a great level... just a touch high but not enough to stunt bud size... lots of frost when the K is up a bit through the flower cycle and good dark green in veg... 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use Guidelines Privacy Policy and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..