Super Collider Kush

Tynehead Tom

final trimmed weights for the Super Collider test grow.

Plants vegged from seed 10 weeks, stripped and flipped.

SC# 2 = 103.5 grams (3 oz 19grams)

SC# 3 =   72.8 grams (20z 16.8grams)

SC# 5 =   86.5 grams (3oz 2.5 grams)

SC# 6 =   90    grams (3oz 6 grams)

I had a couple friends over for the weekend and tried my best to get them to give me flavor  impressions but we just got so damn baked we never really got a proper evaluation done LOL The general consensus was that everything had awesome flavors and serious potency 🙂

The flavors are all kinda similar but very complex and different at the same time. Sweet dank citrus, like a fermented lemon but not lemon LOL was one of the descriptions. I think it all tastes like OG candy to me and while it's not fruity to me..... in the complexity of the flavor and odor I do pick out some citrus notes along with pine forest, candy shop smells , maybe marshmallow...… chemical cleaner kinda sharpness...…. .

Will be interesting to get feedback if and when other people grow these out but I already know from just these 4 test plants that Super Collider turned out just killer for ease of growth, vigor , plant similarity, yields, flower density and resin production, 8 to 9 week flowering time, super easy to trim and every one of these 4 plants is simply a pleasure to smoke.

I'm charging the camera battery and will do a bud shot spread in a bit here.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if you had a DE 1000w and 20 plants a light like I have, with the number 2 cut you could’ve got 2070 grams... just putting it out there...

edited for not monsanto supporting and Wording

7 minutes ago, Coastal said:

So if you had a gavita and 20 plants a light like I have, with the number 2 cut you would’ve got 2070 grams... just putting it out there...

indeed...… that very thing has been rolling thru my mind since about week 6 of the run hahaha

• 4 weeks later...

@Tynehead Tom sent me samples out of his 10 seed test run, outlined above. I haven’t brought it to my friends for a second opinion yet and I will here soon, but I’ve been smoking the 4 phenos  for a few days and got a good taste of each.

first of all hats off on the burn and bag appeal! Really nicely manicured and the nose is strong and jumps out of the bag when I cut the seals! Number 3 and 6 smelled similar and where the 2 strongest smelling, while number 2 and 5 had more earthy hash than the stronger lavender floral smell of the 3 and 6.

on looks I go for the 2, actually I just really like the 2 all around, but looks I like the denser crystal and bigger calyx size, and felt this one had the perfect blend of the floral taste and the earthy taste. Also felt like she may have been a bit stronger stone but they all felt pretty strong so that’s splitting hairs a bit..

3 was the strongest smell and taste, very floral lavender and the taste stays right to the end of the joint, super distinct. You could definitely pick her out in a blind test if you’d had her before, smell, dry toke and inhale all have that flavour, but not to perfumey. Solid high, when I smoked her as my first joint I could feel the strong relaxing high, but not quite the cut through of the number 2 for me.

5 was the lowest ranking in bag appeal, but still looked great, big chunky flowers, smelled great more subtle but good less lavender and more hashy sweet on this one for me.. can’t really describe it but 3&6 have a funky strength that adds an almost creamy ness to the smell if that makes sense, where as this has that bright strong smell but without that funky ness. The joints too had a bit less of that funk and flavour , and you can taste the resin and hashyness more during burn.

6 was the most similar to 3 but more well rounded, not quite as intense or distinct a flavour, but maybe a bit broader appeal as the 3 was very distinct taste that stayed strongly on the tongue, 6 was still very strong like the smell but had fuller taste of fuely hashy  lavender earth,  didn’t quite stay in the mouth the same but very nice and similar relaxing and non anxiety high as 3 too.

so far I still think number 2 would be my keeper pheno, but I think the distinct taste in the 3&6 could be great for getting a reputation too because it’s so distinct. Might be really good for extracts as well because of how strong that flavour and smell profile are and how it coats your mouth.

i will get more detailed notes when we actually sit and smoke a few of these in a group, but my initial impressions are very good, made all the much more enjoyable by tynes attention to detail on the flush,cure and manicure because this is some tasty clean burning buds!

thanks again bud, always a treat sampling your flowers!

Nice! thanx for such a detailed report @Coastal !!

My favorite is definitely the #3 now that the plants have cured up. That flavor is what this cross is all about for me. That flavor plus the creaminess you mention , come from the long valley side. That #3 pheno wasn't a yielder like the others but the flowers still turned out very dense.

I actually weighed the cured flowers and trim leaf from each plant, which I don't normally do, but wanted an idea of leaf to bud ratio as these were quite easy to trim. I think the pruning method I picked up from your threads really benefitted these plants and helped concentrate the flowers so there was zero larfy buds. Every bud made it to the jars.

These 4 females were actually found in a 6 seed test run...… 4 girls, 2 boys, so I am quite pleased with the results. Looking forward to popping 10 or 20 the next time around though as I bet there will be some outstanding plants coming out of these seeds 🙂

Final weigh in on these put that #2 as the highest yielder so it's pretty cool it was the favorite in your testing. I do have the mum 😉

All plants vegged 10 weeks from seed , staked, pruned and flipped under 2K HID, sunshine mix 4, modified lucas, constant passive intake. RH was very low throughout the grow...… way too low for most folks, peaking at around 40 and very often down to 15% RH. Probably a limiting factor in the grow yet these plants still produced like champs.

#2 = 3oz 19 grams + 11.8grams of sugar leaf(trim)

#3 = 2oz 16.8 grams + 5.5 grams sugar leaf

#5 = 3oz 2.5 grams + 10 grams sugar leaf

#6 = 3oz 6 grams + 12.3 grams sugar leaf

trimming was a breeze and bud/trim ratios look pretty good too me.

anyhow, I'm stoked these have turned out much like I had hoped they would.

Thanx again @Coastal , appreciate the report!!!

Here's some cured nug shots of #2 and #3 .

camera battery died before I could get #5 and 6 so will do later LOL

06-26-2019 Super Collider Kush #2 cured nugs - Copy.JPG

06-26-2019 Super Collider Kush #3 cured nugs - Copy.JPG

I brought that over to my bud @Flav421 s place and him and our friend who helped legalize hemp in Canada in the 90’s, smoked them all back to back.

on bag appeal smell etc we had 

D 3 6 5 2

J 6 5 3 2

D 2 3 6 5

was how we ranked them so a bit different.

smoke was pretty unanimous that the 3 stood out the most, they both agreed that the 2 was hashier and comment on it during smoke.

all in all they were impressed and I think anyone who grabs a pack of these will be really happy!

you where right @Tynehead Tom the flavour and smell off the number 3 set it appart in a crowd, very strong unique flavour that stays strong on the tongue and stays good the whole way down the joint... a real stand out!

well..... I just finished final trim on the 6 small plants I flowered out from clones of the #2, #3 and #5.

The flowers look quite different on these as they finished at lower temperatures than the big plants

#3 finished with lots of true purple in her leaves, leaflets and calyxes. I'll get some pics going shortly.

Now these were test plants , flowered for 7 weeks under a 1000 super halide and the last 3 weeks under the 1000HP and 940 Ultra Ace. I fed these ones to end of week 8 and finished them at 10 weeks instead of the 9 weeks the big plants came down at. Trichomes were near 50% amber at harvest...… in hind sight I took these too long as I think they tasted better harvested at 9 just as the ambers were starting. We'll see.... they need some jar cure still before I evaluate again.

There were 2 of each clone of the 3 mentioned and they were all very symmetrical to each other from start to finish. 

3 were fed the modified Lucas formula ….. gypsum, calimagic, low dose GH micro and bloom, superboost and monster bloom

3 were fed standard Lucas formula with kool bloom.

both groups were finished with a week of gypsum/molasses and a week of water only

The only difference I am finding is the flavor on the modified lucas seems better, smoother and the standard lucas the flavor is good but not as full and lasting as the joint burns down. Yields were within a gram per plant ….. which surprised me they were all that close. 

Flipped about 10 to 14 days from transplanted clone they only yielded in the 32 gram range but I did flower them the first 7 weeks under a halide so not sure of that would be a loss to yield or not. Super dense flowers though and real nice appearance in the jars hehehe

Super Collider is a success and i'm looking forward to going thru more beans. 

I won't be releasing any more of this line as I really had no plans to take it beyond the F1 so grab what's left of em while you still can 😉

here's a few crappy pics that show the purpling in the fade of the 2nd run. I was able to keep temps much lower as these finished due to the heat wave ending just as the big plants finished. I run my lights at night and use fresh air passive intakes and the 2 weeks these were finishing it was quite cool out so helped bring out some color. #2 didn't really color up but #3 went really purple right into the buds and #5 just on her leaves.

DSC06335 - Copy.JPG

DSC06336 - Copy.JPG

DSC06337 - Copy.JPG

DSC06338 - Copy.JPG

Some dam fine work there @Tynehead Tom!

The pics are not that good but the frost goes for days!

I might have to grab a pack since you say you are not planning to make more.

In person these must shine like the sun.

1 hour ago, shaggy said:

Some dam fine work there @Tynehead Tom!

The pics are not that good but the frost goes for days!

I might have to grab a pack since you say you are not planning to make more.

In person these must shine like the sun.

well...… thanx man @shaggy

truthfully I just combined the fine work of two legendary breeders so the real work was done by them as it was not hard to find the parents for the Super Collider.

I am stoked it turned out so well and just know people will not regret popping these beans in their gardens that's for sure. 😄

I have about 70 or 80 seeds left after the drop and have put 50 of those in long term storage. Not really keeping many clones these days and am enjoying the variety found in popping seeds all the time. I'll be growing and showing this cross again for sure but I won't be making more or chasing the line with F2's and such..... no time hehehe

• 4 weeks later...

Super Collider Kush clone #5 at day 13 of 12/12 light dep.

Gonna be interesting to see how she fills out in the greenhouse

07-25-2019 Super Collider Kush #5 - Copy.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Well I think we can say I got a tent full here, my clone collection on the left, @Coastal's chem d x forum x king john in the middle and @Tynehead Tom's super collider on the right. I definitely need abit more space,

my t5's have been raised abit here just for pic's, generally keep them a few inches above plants.

DSC00097.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

So here we are at day 44 on the Super Collider Kush female #5..... She is looking fantastic and filling out fast. She is very hungry in the sunshine and I have been chasing her feeds a little trying to keep her greened up. She likes to drop her leaves around now anyways as I saw indoors, but she will continue swelling for 3 weeks yet.

She get's one more good feed and then that's it , on to the gypsum/black strap molasses for a week after that.

She is 5 ft 8 inches including the grow bag.

08-25-2019 Super Collider Kush #5 - Copy.JPG

almost forgot I have a Super Collider #2 going as well.

I topped this one in 1/2 right before I flipped it. I really like how it stretched very evenly and tying really helps keep it from flopping out. This plant just looks spectacular in person and has a much more prominent nose to it versus the indoor grow version of the same plant. I notice that with the big super collider #5 that I didn't top.... she has much more complex and sharper nose than indoor grown..... exact same feed program. We'll see how it smokes after curing. I've kept some jars over the indoor harvest for comparison.

This is day 49 12/12 light dep

08-30-2019 Super Collider #2 pic 2 - Copy.JPG

08-30-2019 Super Collider #2 pic1 - Copy.JPG

• 1 month later...

@AVR1, Not sure I can answer this question directly but I'll show two collider kush plants in a 5 & 1/2 foot tent so that should give you a great idea on stretch, the leaf here is something I have not seen before,

it looks like fur on the side of blades but that is solid resin in the pic. Poor pic's, I'm sure part of the problem is me. Anyone who ever looks at my grows realizes I really don't have enough headroom

for the 70-80% sativas I really like, this plant looks and smells like one of the strongest indicas (hybrids) I have grown. This is the end of week 7 and I've been feeding them straight water for a week already, these are in

a hydro system.

DSC00129.JPG

DSC00127.JPG

DSC00123.JPG

DSC00122.JPG

DSC00121.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

There was a difference in the two pheno's I grew here, not alot but the one on the right was an absolute keeper, this is def wake and bake stuff, not very day time functional for this old guy.

I'd def recommend this strain for all indica lovers. I ran it a full 8 weeks with atleast 10 days of flush with straight water and water with molasses included in that time period.
Very nice work Tom, really hope we get to see you here again someday. You will always be someone I have big respect for.

Archived