Super Collider Kush

Tynehead Tom

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, great structure too! Looks like your really doing well on the strip and tie this run, I bet those will be really nice looking in the jar!

4 hours ago, 3rdCoaster said:

Looking good man!....little short on rod tips for support.....  🤣

funny you noticed that LOL

I thought I would try the bamboo , they were in the shop already and all the rod tip plant stakes are still out in the greenhouse in  a pile.

they will get used soon 😄

Day 48 today for the Super Colliders and I'm going to start pushing the fade. Confident that all 4 plants are going to be nice and ripe in the 63 day ballpark. No room to take pics right now as the flower room is just too busy to be moving stuff for pics but I'll do a good photo shoot as soon as I'm able.

2 plants are near identical and they are yielders. They smell different where one leans pretty hard to  the long valley floral fuel and the other a more subdued odor , more hashy, piney perhaps. They both have big chunky dome top flowers that are just beginning the final swell and resin push. There is zero larfy bud on these girls and everything I didn't trim off has really filled in nicely. Definitely need to stake and tie these as the branches are loaded.

One female , really gassy, hashy, sweet candy floral funk.... doesn't have the big chunky flowers of the other two but it has lots of them and tops are more spear point versus dome topped. She is super frosty and makes my knees weak when I smell her 🙂 so good. Her structure has the branches angling upwards more than the other plants and I did not tie her like the others but those flowers can still swell late so might add some strings and support before she flops LOL

The last female is also a really fuelly sweet floral bombshell of a plant. Very decent yield but not like the first two. Could be close though so we'll see how they weigh out at the end pf cure. This plant stretched the most of the 4 plants. The other 3 plants had very controlled stretch and doubled in size overall whereas that last one probably double and a 1/2 the size it was when it started flowering. All 4 plants where same height at the flip.

I used @Coastal's tips and tricks in both my feeding and pruning regime and am pleased with what I am seeing. I also have my keeper cut of Bodhi's Grandma's Hashplant in the room at the same stage and using the same pruning/defoliating techniques and those girls are just stacked. They were smallish plants going in and I'm real happy with how those turned out.

I did a hybrid method of feeding these..... bit of @Coastal's method 

my general mix in veg

7.5 ml gypsum

2.5ml calimagic

3ml micro (GH flora)

7ml bloom

1/8th tspn supernatural superboost

I also fed with hygrozyme , Sea storm and B1+ in every 2nd watering up to week 2 of flower.

then I stopped the sea storm and B1 and added 1/8th tspn grotek monster bloom from day 15 to day 35.

applied on a feed water feed water schedule, no flush.

every second watering I added 7.5ml crosbies black strap molasses and 5ml Gypsum

Seeing some early fade at day 35 and a bit more faded out hairs that usual..... I switched the final feeds to Lucas Formula 8micro/16bloom + 1/8tsp powder Kool Bloom for 2 feedings, then bumped the kool bloom to 1/4tspn for last 2 feedings. Every watering after day 35 has gotten the 7.5ml molasses/5ml gypsum between feedings.

So today is day 48 ……. so will do a full flush on day 53 and see what run off and ppm are looking like.

48 minutes ago, Coastal said:

Sounds like it will be some tasty smoke! Can’t waitfor more pics!

You will be tasting this stuff first hand so you can tell everyone if I'm blowin smoke up their asses or not hahaha 😄

well, her we are at end of week 8 and will be on target for harvest next weekend.

Two of the super colliders could have come down today with amber trichomes just starting to be visible but I need another week to get the flush right.

One of the plants looks like I could have pushed it a week more but I already started to push the fade and it is already such a beast so I'm not too concerned.

now here is where some full disclosure comes in.

I have been running 2 flower rooms and in that second room I put 2 each of the super colliders #2, #3 and #5. The 4rth plant I didn't get clones from in the end.

Anyhow They have been experimental in that I ran two different feed programs.

The plants I have fed bloom boosters (monster bloom in weeks 3 , 4 and 5 and koolbloom in weeks 6 and 7...… plant #5 popped one nanner in the very top bud.... a little banana,  not a full flower and I am finding no other traces of them but I'll watch them as they go into weeks 8 and 9.

The other two test plants on that feed are not showing any adverse effect.

There have been no light leaks that I can tell but the room , which normally runs on the cooler side, spiked into the 90s for 4 or 5 days at end of week 6, beginning of week 7.... so could be from a bit of heat stress and not the boosters..... again only #5 affected.

The other thing of note is my very low humidity which by the end of the 12 hour light cycle has been down to 15% which I think is the reason for my clawed leaves and browning off pistils.

despite these stresses, these 4 plants are turning out better than I had hoped and show definite signs of that hybrid vigor we look for when bringing two lines together.

I'll be doing whole plant photos and bud shots at the end of this coming week when I can pull them out of the room into some larger , camera friendly space 😉

here's the stress test plant...… SC #5 A that has popped a wee lil nanner in the crown. Full inspection of the big plant in the other flower room 2 weeks further along shows no nanners and stress test plant #5 B which was just fed Lucas formula and no boosters till week 6 (powdered koolbloom 1/8th tspn in week 6, 1/4tspn in week 7 added to regular 8/16 lucas) has also shown no nanners. It's hard to spot but it's there.

05-18-2019 Super Collider Kush #5 stress test plant A - Copy.JPG

Guest 3rdCoaster
4 hours ago, Tynehead Tom said:

It's hard to spot but it's there

I think I see it there right front and center, no?

Usually the answer is more cowbell.    In this case maybe another round of testing to see if it happens again?  or do you move on from that one for something that does not flinch at the boosters or stresses?   Being a breeder that actually test runs  the product....looking for the issues and culling the week., I think this is what will separate the cream from the whey in the future.

Either way those flowers look nice and tasty...holding promise for sure.

I made this cross to hunt for keepers for the flower room, not so much to continue the line into further generations.

Judging by what I'm seeing...… people snagging these beans will have no trouble finding keepers for the flower room 😄

There were no nanner traits in the parents and both were stress tested hard prior to choosing for the cross. I have some friends who grew the super colliders last fall indoors and none of the plants had any intersex issues. They run botanicare products and no boosters though.

I'm leaning to a reaction from the bloom boosters as I have seen it happen before to an otherwise stable plant.

from this run I will be keeping all 3 females to run outside In the greenhouse so we will see more of these 3 over summer but right now I really want to keep #2 because it's looking like it is yielding really heavy and has an awesome smell.

managed to take some more random shots last night

#2 …. the real beast of the 4, there's only really half the plant visible in the picture. Same structure and overall appearance as #5 and they were twins thru veg... but seems heavier. #5 is more gassy though.

05-18-2019 Super Collider Kush #2 pic 1 - Copy.JPG

05-18-2019 Super Collider Kush #2 pic 2 - Copy.JPG

05-18-2019 Super Collider Kush #2 pic 3 - Copy.JPG

# 3...… sweet hashy gas with strong perfume overtones..... The branches have filled in nicely but this one is a lower yielder. She makes up for it with super dense rock hard pine cone shaped buds and the nose on her is just awesome. She has a different structure too and leans to the moms side for flower appearance and upswept branches. The other 3 plants need support, she does not.

05-18-2019 Super Collider Kush #3 pic 1 - Copy.JPG

05-18-2019 Super Collider Kush #3 pic 2 - Copy.JPG

and the one that makes my knees weak when I smell her..... the ultra gassy #5. She is also a fantastic yielder and has big hard dense flowers that would be branch breakers if they were left untied.

05-18-2019 Super Collider Kush #5 pic 1 - Copy.JPG

05-18-2019 Super Collider Kush #5 pic 2 - Copy.JPG

05-18-2019 Super Collider Kush #5 pic 3 - Copy.JPG

05-18-2019 Super Collider Kush #5 pic 4 - Copy.JPG

05-18-2019 Super Collider Kush #5 pic 5 - Copy.JPG

Guest imiubu

Okay, I'm finally caught up 🙂  Lovely ladies Tom.  I really like the aroma description and structure of #3.   Who doesn't like

hashy aromas and plants that don't need support?  lol  Since I only grow for myself, lower yields for premo bud works just fine.

As ya know, I'm not too experienced (yet) but... I can spot a nanner w/ mine little eye haha.

I also recognize proper gardening footwear when I see it 😄

Now, I'll return to my seat in the back for the rest of the show  :popcorn:

OH... wait... how many inter nodes do you remove from the main stem?  I think part of my issues are not removing enough

as I end up with too much small growth close to the stem.  thx

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 6:18 AM, imiubu said:

Okay, I'm finally caught up 🙂  Lovely ladies Tom.  I really like the aroma description and structure of #3.   Who doesn't like

hashy aromas and plants that don't need support?  lol  Since I only grow for myself, lower yields for premo bud works just fine.

As ya know, I'm not too experienced (yet) but... I can spot a nanner w/ mine little eye haha.

I also recognize proper gardening footwear when I see it 😄

Now, I'll return to my seat in the back for the rest of the show  :popcorn:

OH... wait... how many inter nodes do you remove from the main stem?  I think part of my issues are not removing enough

as I end up with too much small growth close to the stem.  thx

harvest time !!! sorry I should have replied sooner 

I never used to really prune out my plants except for low scarfy stuff. I'm learning from others and have watched how many growers train and prune different ways.

Because I grew these with a center cola vs topping to create a canopy , I followed @Coastal's pruning method as close as I could based on his posts and pics. Someone else had posted that if it isn't a bud by day 21 it never will be so I also applied that rule. When I took the nodes out I left the fan leaf till the next pruning midway thru the run and that opened up everything nicely and enabled the plants to truck right along instead of stalling from the pruning (I think)

I'm starting to realize that I certainly have the plants to get bonus yields but I'm limited by number of plants around my vertical lighting. So things will be changing when I fire up in the fall. Gonna go LED or Gavita and go for max canopy.

anyhow, it's harvest time and all 4 plants are nicely ripened and faded out. Was pretty warm this past couple weeks getting to 91 a few days. No colors in the fade really but I think if it was a bit cooler in the room we might have seen some purpling/reddening of the leaves on 2 of the super colliders.

Will be taking lots of pics, just setting up an area to take them so they actually look decent 😄

Here is Super Collider #6 , the stretchiest and probably lowest yielding of the 4.

Dense rock hard flowers and pungent OG kush kind of smells with hints of fuel, citrus in the back ground along with anise/licorice and just a real hard funk to her.

My camera skills really suck and I have a hard time holding the camera steady these day but bear with me LOL

05-25-2019 Super Collider 6 harvest pic 1 - Copy.JPG

05-25-2019 Super Collider 6 harvest pic 2 - Copy.JPG

05-25-2019 Super Collider 6 harvest pic 3 - Copy.JPG

05-25-2019 Super Collider 6 harvest pic 4 - Copy.JPG

05-25-2019 Super Collider 6 harvest pic 5 - Copy.JPG

05-25-2019 Super Collider 6 harvest pic 6 - Copy.JPG

05-25-2019 Super Collider 6 harvest pic 7 - Copy.JPG

added a couple pics of Super collider 6 that I missed posting last night. Looks better with the flash on

Here is Super Collider #2

she doesn't smell as strong as her sisters or perhaps it's just a different smell. I can't place it but smells dark and dank and little coffee-ish maybe ?

Definitely the heaviest girl in the room and like her sisters, those flowers are super dense and chunky.

05-25-2019 Super Collider 2 harvest pic 1 - Copy.JPG

05-25-2019 Super Collider 2 harvest pic 2 - Copy.JPG

05-25-2019 Super Collider 2 harvest pic 3 - Copy.JPG

05-25-2019 Super Collider 2 harvest pic 4 - Copy.JPG

05-25-2019 Super Collider 2 harvest pic 5 - Copy.JPG

05-25-2019 Super Collider 2 harvest pic 6 - Copy.JPG

05-25-2019 Super Collider 2 harvest pic 8 - Copy.JPG

05-25-2019 Super Collider 2 harvest pic 9 - Copy.JPG

Super Collider 3 …. smaller and more pine cone shape flowers but they are rock hard nuggets dripping in resin 😉

She smells strong with a sweet hashy chemically perfume with some cleaner/pinesol in the back ground. Not a yielder but she held her own for sure. Really looking forward to sampling this one.

05-25-2019 Super Collider 3 harvest pic 1 - Copy.JPG

05-25-2019 Super Collider 3 harvest pic 2 - Copy.JPG

05-25-2019 Super Collider 3 harvest pic 3 - Copy.JPG

05-25-2019 Super Collider 3 harvest pic 4 - Copy.JPG

05-25-2019 Super Collider 3 harvest pic 5 - Copy.JPG

05-25-2019 Super Collider 3 harvest pic 6 - Copy.JPG

05-25-2019 Super Collider 3 harvest pic 7 - Copy.JPG

and to wrap this up..... my favorite girl in the group.... Super Collider #5

She has the long valley royal fuelly lavender with a sweet piney chemical cleaner smell …… she just smells outrageous. She also held her own on the yield department with big fat bomber buds with the dome tops like super collider #2. Those two plants are near identical except for the smell. Despite one of the two stress test clones of this plant popping a nanner (have only found the one) , she is solid with no nanners so I'm stoked to see that.

05-25-2019 Super Collider 5 harvest pic 1 - Copy.JPG

05-25-2019 Super Collider 5 harvest pic 2 - Copy.JPG

05-25-2019 Super Collider 5 harvest pic 3 - Copy.JPG

05-25-2019 Super Collider 5 harvest pic 4 - Copy.JPG

05-25-2019 Super Collider 5 harvest pic 6 - Copy.JPG

1 hour ago, gorilla ganja said:

Well done, looks like some super tasty bud.

Peace GG

thanx man, I'm really happy with these plants after pulling a random 6 seeds from the bulk pack I sent off to GLG, for a quick test grow.

Keepers will be easily found in these beans by anyone who takes a chance on them.

From a growing perspective they were easy but needed to be kept well fed and the 3 needed to be tied for sure. Looks like they all will be relatively easy to trim and none of the plants were excessively leafy. Each one impressed me in it's own way and I would call the cross a smashing success.

The smoke report will be coming and cured nug shots of course 🙂

10 packs left at GLG , grab a pack, support the community and be rewarded with the Super Collision of Mandelbrot's Long Valley Royal x with Karma's Old Grandpa Scratch

:hawk:

been sampling smaller nugs from the super colliders and they are flavor bombs with super strong nose . I am going to need some time to nail down flavor descriptions but this weekend I have a bunch of friends coming for a couple days and we will all sample and I'll make note of peoples comments.

So far, none of the 4 plants are couch weed at all. Very potent for sure but almost sativa like and a stimulating, cerebral "high" versus a narcotic stone..... very nice 🙂

Flavors are all kinda similar but there is this sweetness that is elevated In a couple of them. The long valley perfume and flavor is strong and awesome but the old grandpa scratch has added some it's special flavor in there as well, bringing a slight piney OG like tinge to the flavor.

The Old grandpa scratch really tightened up the node formation, and calyx to leaf ratio , passing on it's chunky nugs and doing away with the LVRK's tendency to throw lots of suckers. These plants all showed similar Christmas tree like structure and responded very well to rigorous pruning of the lower nodes and inner growth.

These were all very ripe at 63 day and one could have been taken at 56.

I'm doing the final trim of any remaining sugar leaf  and a few more days before final weigh in but these were all exceptionally easy and fast to trim and due to the pruning method, there is no larfy bud. Downside for me is, there is very little material in the way of trim for me to make hash with LOL

The buds are smokeable and the ash is nice and clean and a soft powder between the fingers. I did a preliminary weigh in with each plant separated in medium paper bags and they are all coming in at over 120 grams per bag including the bag..... so I'm hoping each plant comes in over 3oz of actual yield..... we'll see.... but pretty decent for 10 week vegged from seed.

anyhow, full report with pics after the weekend smoke out 😉

Archived