Super Collider Kush

Tynehead Tom

Well, the plants are near done sexing with the very first pods showing on most.

One female with obvious calyx and protruding pistils has been potted up to 3 gallons and I'll be doing the rest shortly.

it is looking like 4 females and 2 males and what makes me chuckle is the one I was sure was a female just by looking at it's stout bushy structure.... is a male. The first seed to pop and sprout from the soil , and also the finickiest plant of the bunch is also a male. It is the one that leans hard to the LVRK mom..... darn near her twin. He is also so frosty on the mature leaves it's going to be very hard to kill him. No other plants in the room have that diamond sparkle to the mature leaves like this one does. I don't like how finicky it is though and you can tell in the pics that despite it's siblings looking great.... that plant (#6) has been giving me grief. It doesn't like to be dry, it doesn't like to be wet..... and finding that perfect balance has been a pain in the ass.... just like the mom LOL I think organically grown with a solid soil recipe and this would not be the case.

anyhow here's some pics

first up is the Old Grandpa Scratch leaning female. Can tell by her leaf shape , stretch and devils horn petiole leaves. 

02-18-2019 Super Collider #2 Female pic 1 - Copy.jpg

02-18-2019 Super Collider #2 Female pic 2 - Copy.jpg

02-18-2019 Super Collider #2 Female pic 3 - Copy.jpg

02-18-2019 Super Collider #2 Female pic 4 - Copy.jpg

plant #3 , male ..... such a nice compact plant .... still can't believe it's a male LOL. It is absolutley identical to plant #4 and #5 , which both are appearing to be female.

02-18-2019 Super Collider #3 Male pic 1 - Copy.jpg

02-18-2019 Super Collider #3 Male pic 2 - Copy.jpg

02-18-2019 Super Collider #3 Male pic 3 - Copy.jpg

and the first seed to pop and a bit of a bastard to grow.... plant #6 , the LVRK leaning frosty male

02-18-2019 Super Collider #6 Male pic 1 - Copy.jpg

02-18-2019 Super Collider #6 Male pic 2 - Copy.jpg

02-18-2019 Super Collider #6 Male pic 3 - Copy.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

it's time to flip these 4 Super Colliders. They are @ day 45 veg and the fans are getting bigger than my hand. Awesome structure to these plants with uniform growth and branching all around. Some real nice healthy vigor in these girls and no irregularities or deformations. I wasn't going to bother cloning any of these girls but there is two that I just have to take cuts from. The interveinal micro frost on the leaves and the funky sharp stem rubs..... don't want to miss out on a special girl so gonna take cuts and get them flowering as they are starting to get some good size and another week i fear they will be a tad over vegged.

Here's a fan leaf shot

02-27-2019 Super Collider Kush - Copy.jpg

had a delay moving these to the flower room but they start 12/12 in the morning.

Had to take a quick pic of this girl and her 11 blade leaf sets. These are really turning into awesome looking plants as they get more mature. Hopefully they don't stretch a ton LOL

03-02-2019 Super Collider Kush - Copy.jpg

Looking awesome bud! Super lush, I love the huge fan leaves!

if they start stretching you can pinch the main stem a bit, divert a bit of extra energy to the side branch tips. I use the round edge of a bic lighter and just squeeze gently till I hear a bit of crushing popping sound but before I explode it(they still live but really diverts the energy to sides if you pop it)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2019 at 7:24 AM, Coastal said:

Looking awesome bud! Super lush, I love the huge fan leaves!

if they start stretching you can pinch the main stem a bit, divert a bit of extra energy to the side branch tips. I use the round edge of a bic lighter and just squeeze gently till I hear a bit of crushing popping sound but before I explode it(they still live but really diverts the energy to sides if you pop it)

I gotta take some fresh pics and my rooms are kinda of in disarray as I get things sorted between flowering room and the veg room. Having some equipment issues so trying to do a rework of my ballast wirings to draw less amps.

The Super Colliders were supposed to flip over a week ago but are still in the veg room. I cloned one of them and roots popped in 8 days so was very happy to see that. Those 3 clones are potted up now and I've taken cuts off the other 3 plants now too as I want to see how well these root. I suck at cloning so if roots are popping in 8 days it just means that these plants must be easy to clone HAHA 😄

I have done no pruning or training of any kind and these 4 girls have turned into beautiful stout christmas trees with excellent branching and big knuckles at the main branch nodes.

Gonna do a little prune up on each plant and I have to get them flowering by weeks end or they will just be over vegged and a problem.

Once I get things organized here I'll get some fresh pics up.

these beans went live today, though the listing has the wrong label LOL

• 2 weeks later...

will try when the light comes on. Keep getting red bars in my pics and they look crappy.

Had to do a big deleafing on the Super Colliders taking off the original mature fan leaves and I also stripped out the node growth on all the inners but left the fans on those.

Awesome structure on these, I wanna grow them outside full size now haha

Got clones rooted of all 4 now too so will be able to hang on to anything special as these flower out.

So far though, I like all 4 plants, very nice dank stem rubs with a hint of sour burning tire........ gonna be some killer smoke I just know it

well, crappy pics I know, but all I got for now.

These are over vegged but are now in thier first week of flower, day 5 i think.

03-27-2019 Super Collider pic 1 - Copy.jpg

03-27-2019 Super Collider pic 2 - Copy.jpg

03-27-2019 Super Collider pic 3 - Copy.jpg

03-27-2019 Super Collider pic 4 - Copy.jpg

Well, day 12 today and gonna do a light strip of the main fans, inward pointing branch leaves and a couple sucker nodes here n there.

Only one of the 4 is really stretching up but overall they are pretty tame, we'll see how they look in 2 more weeks.

I notice that 2 of the 4 plants are not liking my feed as they went into flower so i have backed off the nitrogen and gypsum a hair and gave them a dose of molasses/gypsum then next will be a 1/2 feed and hopefully there's no major  issue. They are drinking hard, feeding 1/2 gallon every 2 days now and real nice flower set so far too.

I will pull them out for pics maybe tomorrow.

These ladies are sure stinkers too, very pleased with everything I'm seeing and I think those fortunate enough to grab these beans are going to be "very" impressed 😄

The 4 big Super Colliders hit end of week 2 today and looking pretty good too me. Leaves look like they need a bit of humidity boost as my rooms run pretty Low on the RH.

Other wise..... I have them a strip down on day 10 and am liking what I am seeing for the 2 week mark.

The one pictured here is #6 , she is about 3 feet tall off the top of the soil. I'll be adding some strings to tie up the branches for sure. I'll try and get pics of the other 3  but they are similar except for one is kinda different and really stacking. 

04-07-2019 Super Collider #6 pic 1 - Copy.jpg

04-07-2019 Super Collider #6 pic 2 - Copy.jpg

This one is Super Collider #5 , clone vegged 2 weeks under the 1000w and transplanted for the flip. I am flowering these under the 1000MH in the veg room and moving them into the flowering room for night time. Should be interesting to see how they do.

I kept one as a mum and put 2 to flower and will be doing the same for the other super colliders but the other ones are a week behind in veg from the #5.

anyhow..... should get interesting here pretty quick 😉

04-07-2019 Super Collider #5 pic 1 - Copy.jpg

04-07-2019 Super Collider #5 pic 2 - Copy.jpg

04-07-2019 Super Collider #5 pic 3 - Copy.jpg

@shaggyballs the clones have 7 blade main fans , the big plants were pushing 11 blade leaves by week 6 in veg.

not happy with my crappy pics. My camera has been hiding somewhere since hunting season ended. It's here somewhere.... I've seen it..... but damned if I could find it haha

so my crappy cell phone pics are all I got right now.

week 3 update.

It's real hard to take pics of these plants in my cramped space and it's just too damn cold in the shop to pull them out of the grow rooms for decent pics.

I'll try tonight though and see what I can manage.

Despite the lack of pics, I can tell you , do not snooze on these beans!! These genetics could easily list for a couple hundy a pack if I was a big name , well known breeder..... but I'm not..... so take advantage!! haha

All 4 females are stacking really nice with thumb sized tops at 21 days into flower. They are already frosting up hard as well and they just reek of a strong sweet gassy/chemmy floral odor with a hint of skunky burnt tires...... they smell just fuggen glorious to my nose and the Long Valley Royal Kush is at the forfront of the odors.

They have all been pretty equal in stretch and have remained very manageable plants. They have also all handled the rigourous pruning of the inners and lowers where I left the fans but pinched out all the branch nodes but the top 3 or 4 when they went to flower.  3 of the plants I have tied all the branches for support to a main stake but one of them I am leaving untied as her branches all point up. 

We will see how this test grow shakes out but from what I am seeing and smelling so far..... every one of these girls could pan out to be a keeper

Thanks for the updated pics brother tyne!

These are listed at GLG right now and available for purchase correct?

I am going to have to go back and read up on this one a little bit more.

I may have to add these to the vault here pretty quick before they are all gone.

Keep us updated when you can, the weather should be changing real soon......I hope anyhow....LOL

Yup, live at GLG right now and with the 420 discount and all proceeds go to support our community.

The male I used was a very "OG-like" expression from Karma Genetics Old Grandpa Scratch LTD line. (long island old school x Lucifer OG) x White 2.0. He was a twin to my keeper female which has proven to be exceptional smoke with strong unique flavors. I believe the expression to be leaning hard to the Lucifer OG side of the hybrid.

Anyhow..... taking this exceptional male and crossing it to my pheno hunted female from the Long Valley Royal Kush ( Sour Diesel and Pre-Soviet Highland Afghani male paired with a Garberville Purple Kush clone-only.) looks to have produced an outstanding hybrid.

The female was very branchy , almost too much and required constant thinning to focus the plants energies on tops. She was also a bit finicky with the feed and I never really got her dialed. However, she was so stinky, so potent and so damn tasty on the floral fuel end.... she was chosen to cross with a male that I hoped would tame her structure, maintain or add to her potency (thc) and would blend well and not overpower her nose and flavor.

Well..... I think I knocked it outta the park and these girls are only just finished week 3 😉

you gotta grow this shit .... seriously hahaha

The batch I sent in were made last summer in the greenhouse using the tom hill water only soil recipe. They should do very well outside depending on the latitude. I did have to light dep the mum to flower her properly for seeds.

I'll be running the Super Collider #5 outside for sure this summer but we'll see which of the 4 stands out when these girls finish up in this test grow.

nuther crappy pic but I had to post it hehehe

day 26 flowering for the Super Colliders and they are fully frosting up right to the leaflet tips.

Can't wait to harvest these girls 🙂

this is a lower branch bud 

04-18-2019 Super Collider lower bud @ day 26 - Copy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

k, 3 weeks to go I figure.

I don't think these will go much past 9 weeks the way they look today. Lots of new pistils pushing up but they are starting to fade pretty evenly on all the plants.

These girls are gonna be loaded and the powerful smells coming off them make me very glad I have a carbon filter (can 150) ,

if you haven't grabbed a pack of these ya better hurry...… there's only 10 packs left at GLG

today is day 42

05-04-2019 Super Collider Kush pic 1 - Copy.JPG

05-04-2019 Super Collider Kush pic 2 - Copy.JPG

05-04-2019 Super Collider Kush pic 3 - Copy.JPG

05-04-2019 Super Collider Kush pic 4 - Copy.JPG

05-04-2019 Super Collider Kush pic 5 - Copy.JPG

05-04-2019 Super Collider Kush pic 6 - Copy.JPG

05-04-2019 Super Collider Kush pic 7 - Copy.JPG

Archived