Super Collider Kush

Tynehead Tom

Super Collider Kush Logo - Copy.png

There will be a very limitted release of this super collision of two of my favorite kush lines..... from the Karma Genetics LTD series I fell in love with old grandpa scratch a couple years back and have one special girl I've dubbed "precious" hehehe she will be forever in my garden. Anyhow, she isn't the story here but I used her as an example as I grew out other beans from the OGS line. In my seed pops I found a male that is a twin to "precious" and after checking with Karma and getting an okay to make and release hybrids with the OGS...... I began the Super Collider (and Old Timer's Stash) project.

For the past couple years I have also been hunting thru the Long Valley Royal Kush lines. Long Valley Royal #7 proginy, Pure Royal and Long Valley Royal Kush F10. Many similarities in these lines but the lavender rocket fuel, narrow leaf phenotype is all I am after. I've studied the legend of Mandelbrot and more recently many youtube videos related to emerald mountain and feel confident that this work will shine with the same light as the work of Mandelbrot intended. The female selected from about 50 seeds now, is a straight up fuelly lavender and is on the "very" potent side of things.

I have reports now from two of my friends who grew the Super Collider. They are reporting strong flavors/odors of fuel/terpentine, strong gassy floral notes, sour and the flavors leave a mouth coating creamyness and lasting taste after the doob or bong hit. Devastatingly potent was the concenus all around 😄

so like I say, there will be a very limitted release from the seeds I have left but I have the mum in the greenhouse right now and the male is again in the flowering cab and we should have a fresh batch of sun grown, organic fed beans,  at the end of the season here :rasta.nana:

pics will be added as various grows finish up but don't snooze on these..... straight up, full flavored power weed..... keep a chair handy haha

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like you found a nice match-up. Lavender/fuel...yeah buddy! 

~and i'm booked till december...these smell like something I should be growing.

Congratulations on the new release bro! I'll drink to that.:beer:

I only grew a couple of those BR's but the buds were sticky with a very narcotic blast for this guy, I'm def interested in this match, nice work Tom. When this heat wave is over I will def soak some more of your beans,

in an upgraded grow space. thanks always.

15 minutes ago, blues147 said:

I only grew a couple of those BR's but the buds were sticky with a very narcotic blast for this guy, I'm def interested in this match, nice work Tom. When this heat wave is over I will def soak some more of your beans,

in an upgraded grow space. thanks always.

ya man those Bubba Royales are somethin else eh? hehehe Did you get any intersex traits or late nanners/seeds in the flowers? very curious to know that. Seems 50% of the people I handed them out to had intersex expressions starting about midway thu flowering.... kinda right after the stretch. For this reason I'm not releasing the Bubba Royale in it's current form but if any of those folks who did test them for me want another run at them.... shoot me a message. I have a few hundred BR seeds to hunt thru for stable plants to continue working that project and I also have 2 more Pre 98 Bubba Kush S1 vegging in the greenhouse and should be able to clone them soon. If I can get the stinky one to stay stable thru a full flowering run with some minor stressors thrown at her here and there..... she might be a good candidate to hit with my keeper male LVRK again.... we'll see.

Super Collider has not shown any intersex traits in the feedback I have gotten so far but sadly that feedback comes without pics..... 😞

I have great confidence that this one is going to be just super killer ..... so I'm releasing a small batch without a whole lot of testing

• 6 months later...

I threw down some of these beans for a germination test and grow. 

They will be landing at GLG in a few weeks

anyhow, I'll get some pics in a few days but they are at 20 days from putting them in towels to germinate and are doing well. Excellent vigor and most look very similar to each other.

I am seeing lots of sparkle to the leaves and the magnifier reveals generous dispersal of resin glands across the leaves of a few of them. Some of them also smell very strong already which kind of surprised me. The "frosty" ones are the stinky ones.... which does not surprise me.

Another observation is that a few of them are skipping the typical 5 blade leaf at the 2nd emergence of true leaves and have gone right from typical 3 blade  to 6 and 7 blade leaves. Not sure I can recall seeing that before....

They also have this very cool greeny blue hue to the leaves but that is fading and changing to a more typical green as they get older.

I am very happy with what I am seeing and just know that these beans are going to produce straight fire!

Guest dawn patrol
On 1/24/2019 at 12:12 AM, Tynehead Tom said:

I threw down some of these beans for a germination test and grow. 

They will be landing at GLG in a few weeks

You gonna give us a heads up when they hit??  

I'd hate to miss out on trying these next fall.

mmmkay.... here's some Super Collider Kush

I pulled 6 random seeds from a bulk pack. I didn't inspect them or "select" them, I just dumped 6 beans into my hand and into paper towel soaked in RO inside a ziploc baggie. I took that and folded it inside a wash towel and placed it on the digital TV box as it's darn near the perfect temperature 😉

After 48hrs I took the seeds and transferred them to starter cups. Once those hit the point where they were drinking 1/4 cup a day of RO in the starter cups, I transplanted to 2 liter square pots. They are in sunshine 4 , supplemented with a bit of gypsum, dolomite, bone meal. Feeding them full strength nutes from here on in.

So today is day 23 since hitting the paper towels. 

#3 is the standout as far as being it's own phenotype. I say that because the leaves are different and the 2nd emergent set has 5 bladed typical leaf and the other 5 do not. Instead the other 5 have 6 or 7 blade leaves on the 2nd emergent set. #1 is a standout to me because it was the first to emerge and has shown a slight edge in vigor and just seems "robust" to me. Anyhow..... will be interesting to see how these change as they mature.

01-25-2019 Super Collider #1 - Copy.jpg

01-25-2019 Super Collider #2 - Copy.jpg

01-25-2019 Super Collider #3 - Copy.jpg

01-25-2019 Super Collider #4 - Copy.jpg

01-25-2019 Super Collider #5 - Copy.jpg

01-25-2019 Super Collider #6 - Copy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2019 at 8:06 AM, shaggyballs said:

Dam, they look pretty darn uniform!

Nice work buddy!

They all look like the same plant.

Nice fat leaves on them too.

Bring on the buds!😎

Yes, I'm real happy to see the uniformity although I think as they mature we will start to see some differences.

To my eye, I see 3 different expressions one leaning hard to the dad (#3) , #1 leans hard to the mom with those cascading down leaves. Not sure if that is a nutrient issue, ph issue, perhaps soil moisture is uneven..... or it's just genetic. The mum liked to grow droopy like that but seemed very healthy otherwise. The rest seem to be an even split of mom n dad.

I'll be able to judge more when we see the branches start getting more legs.

I think the plan will be to just flip these at 6 or 7 weeks from seed, cull the males and see how the girls flower out. No real desire to clone them unless something really catches my eye as this is more of a grow n show. I picked 6 seeds out because average grower these days doesn't pop a whole pack at once and I wanted to see if and how many "keepers" might be found in 6 random beans. I don't mean "elites" , I just mean plants that average grower would be happy to have in thier garden and stash.

so we'll see 😉

I do like what I'm seeing so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's transplant time as these Super Colliders are starting to show sex even though they are on a steady 24hr light schedule.

Today is day 43 from putting them to germinate and I started the veg clock 10 days later so these are at day 33 of veg.

These 3 are #4,5 and 6 and are near identical to each other and I have to look at the tags to tell them apart. #5 and 6 are female and #4 appears to be male but need a couple more days to be sure. Very nice structure and node spacing producing compact plants and the branching is progressing as well. I'm resisting the urge to prune leaves to let light at the lowers as I just wanna see these do thier thing. I'll get pics of the other 3 after I transplant the females and before I cull the males. I might clone these girls so I don't lose something special but I plan to flip these end of next week.

02-15-2019 Super Collider Kush 1,2,3 pic1 - Copy.jpg

02-15-2019 Super Collider Kush 1,2,3 pic2 - Copy.jpg

Looking forward to seeing these @Tynehead Tom

I loved that  lavender fuel funk from the Bubba Royale, It was the best smelling  weed I've seen for a long time. I crossed it to a few things just to chase that flavor and smell. If the male you used passes that on it should be real nice.

I'm not familiar with  old grandpa scratch, does it have a similar flavor profile?

Peace GG 

3 minutes ago, gorilla ganja said:

Looking forward to seeing these @Tynehead Tom

I loved that  lavender fuel funk from the Bubba Royale, It was the best smelling  weed I've seen for a long time. I crossed it to a few things just to chase that flavor and smell. If the male you used passes that on it should be real nice.

I'm not familiar with  old grandpa scratch, does it have a similar flavor profile?

Peace GG 

The Bubba royale used the long valley male whereas the super collider uses the long valley female. 

Old Grandpa Scratch has a different flavor profile, hard to pin down but Ogtg2213 described it as the smell of grandpas basement and tasted like pine forest. I can't really describe the old grandpa scratch other than to say it invokes my senses and reminds me of the biker party weed held by a select few back in the day. Very potent , top shelf cannabis.

i think the Super Collider will be a collision of two power houses and the results.... I'm hoping.... will be spectacular.

I need to revisit the Bubba Royale..... people really enjoyed that smoke.

14 hours ago, gorilla ganja said:

Ya my buddy loved that smoke. It wasn't the best yield wise, but made up for it with potency and taste.

You should revisit that line . 👍

Truth be told..... we liked the bubba royale so much that I held back these beans from a drop..... that and my test grow popped nanners but I'm thinking now that it was either cold night time temps and the day/night differential or possibly a light leak. I may have also let them stay in the 1 gallon pots a bit too long and I'm finding some plants in this group are quite sensative to being in a small pot too long.

So the plan with Bubba Royale is too use it as a tool to start  back crossing to the Verdant Green sourced Pre 98 bubba kush S1.... and working the line to a Pre98 Bubba Kush seed line (regulars). I will be basically trying to work this line the same way @Tonygreen has worked the Gorilla Bubble.

also, I had to fix a typo in the opening post of this thread. I had mistakenly typed that Bubba Royale and Super Collider share the same male..... I musta been high LOL Super Collider is LVRK x OGS , Bubba Royal is VGpre98 Bubba Kush S1 x LVRK ..... Old Timers Stash (unreleased) is the reverse of Super Collider where I have used the same LVRK male on the "precious cut" of Old Grandpa Scratch..... confusing LOL

Archived