Sar Hawza F2 (Afghan Landrace)

Zoot

Nice run Zoot, its looking pretty dense underneath the top colas. I know most people will look at the tops first, but I tend to look from the bottom up when assessing the structure and overall bud density and structure. These are the plants that can yield some impressive weight underneath even moderate indoor lighting in comparison of the typical adulterated stock.  I was just telling Limo that I suspect these could be great for the low light gardener that needs something that is uniform and dependable. 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, <Peace+War>Pipe said:

I was just telling Limo that I suspect these could be great for the low light gardener that needs something that is uniform and dependable. 

I would agree, these are very uniform and compact. 

Guest Doc_Gage
3 hours ago, <Peace+War>Pipe said:

Nice run Zoot, its looking pretty dense underneath the top colas. I know most people will look at the tops first, but I tend to look from the bottom up when assessing the structure and overall bud density and structure. These are the plants that can yield some impressive weight underneath even moderate indoor lighting in comparison of the typical adulterated stock.  I was just telling Limo that I suspect these could be great for the low light gardener that needs something that is uniform and dependable. 

Can I suggest, if you haven't seen them yet....to go back in this thread and check out the outdoor F2's I grew in 35g fabric pots. Out of 70 plants and like 12 different strains the Afghans were the shortest, most compact of them all. Dense structure with amazing branch strength. There would be some great hybrid opportunities with them for sure. Keep it up @zoot

1 hour ago, Doc_Gage said:

Can I suggest, if you haven't seen them yet....to go back in this thread and check out the outdoor F2's I grew in 35g fabric pots. Out of 70 plants and like 12 different strains the Afghans were the shortest, most compact of them all. Dense structure with amazing branch strength. There would be some great hybrid opportunities with them for sure. Keep it up @zoot

Thanks Doc, I have been watching quietly and couldn't keep to myself. I have enjoyed everything that you have generously shared here with the community @Zlabs..I began actually watching your journey through facebook initially, not knowing that you were here also.

I think that these could also be very good for resetting the slate so to say with the polyhybrids one may favor, it I feel may just be what the doc ordered. I've shifted my focus through the years and tend to only use land race pollen and would be honored to make some crosses in due time for anyone other than myself interested in such. It could also be very beneficial to have a little pollen exchanged between the exotic sativas as well knowing exactly what the structure and diverse cannabinoid content that these hold..

Can't wait for the smoke 🚬 report Zoot, even though I suspect it could be a late one due to the heavy stone lol....

That's right brother @Kak, it's going to be epic in comparison of the lettuce looking Affy even though that pollen was worthwhile. I'm looking forward as well to seeing what you're going to conjure lol... It's going to be epic to say the minimal..... Gonna have to explore this one myself to see just what selective combining's work with the exotic sativas...

1 hour ago, <Peace+War>Pipe said:

That's right brother @Kak, it's going to be epic in comparison of the lettuce looking Affy even though that pollen was worthwhile. I'm looking forward as well to seeing what you're going to conjure lol... It's going to be epic to say the minimal..... Gonna have to explore this one myself to see just what selective combining's work with the exotic sativas...

Right on my brother... we will diff have to have our morn coffee talks with it .and i have some other affys im diveing into .. oh i have some plans😉

Ill fill ya in 

I've got some nice afghan influenced lines as well that could make for some interesting crosses. The 98 Shiskaberry F1 comes to mind , as does some of the deep chunk and NL5 stuff.

The leaf posted by @unregistered190 looks much the same as the Shiskaberry  (minus the extra blade) as well and i noticed at least one double serration in that pic too.

These are gonna be fun to play with 4sure, especially seen as I have been seeking the Hashy Sandalwood type hashplant since i came back around and started restocking my vault. 

4 canadians have these as far as I know , hopefully we can all keep in touch and swap pollen or worthy cuts and keep it alive and well up here.

Hey make it 5 Canadians lol, but seriously I have some stinky but young NDNGuy Ghoulia-(Shishkaberry xSpace Queen) , they should nick well 

Oh and by the way @Tynehead Tom has been nothing less than awesome to deal with even if I am a dick he is still great , we need more line him, thanks bro.

I just leave these here for now. 

My 2 female phenos. Soaked on the blood moon 9-27. 5/5 cracked but these are the only 2 that reached for the light.

IMG_2717.JPG

IMG_2718.JPG

IMG_2719.JPG

IMG_2720.JPG

IMG_2721.JPG

IMG_2724.JPG

I'm happy with the phenos the one with the most vigor will probably get knocked up by DMT but the short stocky 1 is gonna have to meet something with vigor🤔

I'll be popping more of these soon in search of a male to f with lol. 

Day 57 flower and #1 & #2 are total opposites. #1 is forming round hairy flowers

4A35AFA8-C59E-4677-9D71-CF5189202B5D.thumb.jpeg.5659b351f68e5c83a9fc60f105e839b9.jpeg

5305A438-7CC0-42FC-A315-DD01F934410A.thumb.jpeg.62d8c797f7c610bd963254032690bcd8.jpeg

While #2 has some foxtail action going on

037ED5DE-F95C-4532-9903-B9D27094FAFC.thumb.jpeg.b3d1015284a8f0d9369dee834e5f6685.jpeg

475812A5-DD98-4141-A9D7-5115F689947D.thumb.jpeg.4126d30b1f8b0510f9c7fa6889c72b70.jpeg

Both plants lack trichrome production but make up for it with their greasiness. They also share a woodys earthy funk.

The other 3 are about 2 weeks behind these but are showing all the same traits.

@zoot  Do you have any previous CBD experience?  What kind of finish time/chop date are you considering at this point?  I was expecting them to be closer to finish passing eight weeks. 

@zoot  your plants look great!  I too am having quite the variation of expressions within 3 females.   Tediously watching this thread to use insights in the grow over in my garden.  

Day 27 of 12/12  

Group from right to left (#7, #5, #3)

Group.thumb.jpg.5b32c7903b54ff76c704d414d0aa0ae9.jpg

SH3.thumb.jpg.2725287fead3e6f6a9b07263de61187a.jpgSH3a.thumb.jpg.058307ab43ac05205e130bc76488e73f.jpg

SH5.thumb.jpg.8643a2ce6c62cc9d38f3d13c623d0264.jpgSH5b.thumb.jpg.07aaa8698a10d830f2bb5f282de7a7b0.jpg

SH7.thumb.jpg.3681baea67901d9b9773057328493b45.jpgSH7a.thumb.jpg.07d8c0f15b5b13e2793eb5a582d7be55.jpg

FULL JOURNAL CAN BE FOUND HERE:  

1 hour ago, TheMan13 said:

@zoot  Do you have any previous CBD experience?  What kind of finish time/chop date are you considering at this point?  I was expecting them to be closer to finish passing eight weeks. 

My only experience with CBD is using it as a tincture and balm.

I was expecting the same thing, a 56-63 day finish. I did lose my lighting for 3 days so it’s possabel that set them back, but not sure. Looking at the 2 of them I’m feeling about 10 week for them.

@GoodEnergyGrower I’m liking #5 for sure but #7 is interesting too being so short. Mine range 24-30”

Archived