Sar Hawza F2 (Afghan Landrace)

Zoot

Guest Doc_Gage

HEY YOU FUKN GROWERS!! I just wanted to butt in and give a huge THANKS!! I cannot be more excited to have found this community thanx to @420theman13. After coming home from 7 years of war I hid myself away from society and LITERALLY almost lost complete control......like a true brother-in-arms Tom stayed with me and finally pulled me from the shadows in full support and I not only found a solid friendship but also Odin's Outcasts www.odinsoutcasts.org and am now the XO for the organization. Because of him I was able to find trust in this community and moved forward with spreading these genetics to the right people for the greater good of humanity and the future of cannabis. YOU ALL ARE TRULY GROWING HISTORY......BE PROUD YOU TOOK ON THIS CHALLENGE AS I AM VERY PROUD OF YOUR SUPPORT AND INTEGRITY!!! Please keep on posting your journey with these seeds.....this is what growers will be talking about for an eternity.....you ARE the future!!! It is your choice what to do with the end results, and I would be quite humbled if you keep me posted on your final accomplishments and I am hopeful to receive a clone of your keeper/s..... as I have a large enough group to back breed and develop something truly amazing. Any one growing these genetics who would like a VERY limited signed copy of my book just let me know......I don't sign books, but I would be honored to do one for you https://www.amazon.com/Strains-War-R-Gage-Amsler/dp/1514259699/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1531957994&sr=8-1&keywords=the+strains+of+war

If possible, look me up on Facebook and follow my page https://www.facebook.com/thestrainsofwar/?ref=bookmarks in support of the Veteran community.

Semper High -Doc Gage

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@TheMan13 yes they like water and don’t take kindly to the dry side, not what I was expecting to see. Perhaps the younger ones need more to get established before the dry summer season?

11 hours ago, Doc_Gage said:

HEY YOU FUKN GROWERS!! I just wanted to butt in and give a huge THANKS!! I cannot be more excited to have found this community thanx to @420theman13. After coming home from 7 years of war I hid myself away from society and LITERALLY almost lost complete control......like a true brother-in-arms Tom stayed with me and finally pulled me from the shadows in full support and I not only found a solid friendship but also Odin's Outcasts www.odinsoutcasts.org and am now the XO for the organization. Because of him I was able to find trust in this community and moved forward with spreading these genetics to the right people for the greater good of humanity and the future of cannabis. YOU ALL ARE TRULY GROWING HISTORY......BE PROUD YOU TOOK ON THIS CHALLENGE AS I AM VERY PROUD OF YOUR SUPPORT AND INTEGRITY!!! Please keep on posting your journey with these seeds.....this is what growers will be talking about for an eternity.....you ARE the future!!! It is your choice what to do with the end results, and I would be quite humbled if you keep me posted on your final accomplishments and I am hopeful to receive a clone of your keeper/s..... as I have a large enough group to back breed and develop something truly amazing. Any one growing these genetics who would like a VERY limited signed copy of my book just let me know......I don't sign books, but I would be honored to do one for you https://www.amazon.com/Strains-War-R-Gage-Amsler/dp/1514259699/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1531957994&sr=8-1&keywords=the+strains+of+war

If possible, look me up on Facebook and follow my page https://www.facebook.com/thestrainsofwar/?ref=bookmarks in support of the Veteran community.

Semper High -Doc Gage

Hey @Doc_Gage  

I was in the 3rd Infantry and 4th Infantry in the Army, made it through 4 deployments to Iraq including the invasion....

I just ordered your book as well, I had no idea a book like this was written, thanks for doing so.

Cannabis was the only thing that helped me, it replaced 27 prescription pills, and it allowed me to be there for my family.  Now I found peace in solitude on my farm.

Thank you for what you have done and what you are doing and thanks for being so strong and brave to reach out and help.  I hope one day to meet you.  One Love.

Respectfully,

GoodEnergyGrower  

@TheMan13 heres the annual weather for the region.

FBFE919B-CF49-444E-9D1A-572A6E731D2B.thumb.jpeg.1b561c0e8bb0088cef4a91fef90fef46.jpeg

it looks like all the rain happens early on followed by dry heat. So for the early stage in germination it is cold, overcast and wet.

@zoot that's very helpful right there.....

I was looking the climate summary for my region and it is continental subarctic(DFC). Trying to find same info for sar hawza but not finding it. I have a world map showing the koppen index for the globe so can see that the sar hawza area is not in the DFC zone. So it's indoor for mine 

Is there any info out there on the temp/humidity averages over the entire grow season? 

will be fun dialing a room in to mimic the climate these originated in.

54 minutes ago, Tynehead Tom said:

Is there any info out there on the temp/humidity averages over the entire grow season? 

I used to live in 29 palms California, the only thing out there was a  Marine Corps base. They did a lot of training out there in  preparation for the Gulf War, turns out that region of the Mojave Desert is identical to the conditions found in Afghanistan. So I would expect it to be dry low humidity with high temps and cool nights.

1 hour ago, zoot said:

I used to live in 29 palms California, the only thing out there was a  Marine Corps base. They did a lot of training out there in  preparation for the Gulf War, turns out that region of the Mojave Desert is identical to the conditions found in Afghanistan. So I would expect it to be dry low humidity with high temps and cool nights.

I went to comm school out there.

small world.

Guest Troutman
On 7/18/2018 at 10:51 PM, Tynehead Tom said:

what's the plan with these..... just grow em and show em or should we be saving certain specimen males and females?

Best protocol I can think of.  😉

1. Take clones and make an open pollination to keep the maximum genetic variations.

2, Use the clones from the best plants to make an elite line.

This way you don't lose anything and move forward at the same time. 

23 hours ago, Troutman said:

Best protocol I can think of.  😉

1. Take clones and make an open pollination to keep the maximum genetic variations.

2, Use the clones from the best plants to make an elite line.

This way you don't lose anything and move forward at the same time. 

Great plan @Troutman.

I like the open pollination to keep it Open for further Open door genetics.

As well as searching for your particular desires.

Guest Doc_Gage
On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 6:59 AM, GoodEnergyGrower said:

Hey @Doc_Gage  

I was in the 3rd Infantry and 4th Infantry in the Army, made it through 4 deployments to Iraq including the invasion....

I just ordered your book as well, I had no idea a book like this was written, thanks for doing so.

Cannabis was the only thing that helped me, it replaced 27 prescription pills, and it allowed me to be there for my family.  Now I found peace in solitude on my farm.

Thank you for what you have done and what you are doing and thanks for being so strong and brave to reach out and help.  I hope one day to meet you.  One Love.

Respectfully,

GoodEnergyGrower  

HUGE THANKS for the kind words!! It makes me very happy to know another war veteran has discovered this plant and all of the amazing benefits it has to offer. We are currently in the works of developing the F2 seeds among many pro-growers. We are also developing the F1 land race seeds to genetically fingerprint and research. MUCH to look forward to, as we are developing the next lineage of cannabis strain......making history=) Enjoi the Farm Life....seems you have found your zen.

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:52 AM, zoot said:

Day 20

I now have 9 healthy sprouts

image.thumb.jpg.fdf725b1302ddea3806a658fbeacbf80.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.214df6862d51981e8c5ab944f44835c7.jpg

Thanks for the update! Keep us in the loop on this very rare grow.

I’ve been keeping the soil moist with these little ones and they really like it. I’ll be repotting them shortly based on the looks of things.

Day 26

CE3B1861-6EC1-4203-A8AE-6F8C5E5E13A3.thumb.jpeg.430ab9949cc604779623e4f1916550d1.jpeg

10 minutes ago, zoot said:

I’ve been keeping the soil moist with these little ones and they really like it. I’ll be repotting them shortly based on the looks of things.

Day 26

CE3B1861-6EC1-4203-A8AE-6F8C5E5E13A3.thumb.jpeg.430ab9949cc604779623e4f1916550d1.jpeg

Looking Great @zoot   Looks like there are a few with great vigor!  I have been reading about the Paktika province these genetics come from.  In this article they speak of a monsoon season that is very short then a long period of dry season.

https://www.dvidshub.net/news/74650/irrigation-project-boost-paktika-farms

“Paktika has a short monsoon or wet season and a very long dry season, which leads to the issues where people go hungry for certain parts of the year,” Duvall said. “During the heavy rains, the water tends to roll off the land so after the rains, the farming is very good. However, during the dry season, it can be difficult to grow crops."

Maybe you have found the same info 🙂  I have also been pondering if Alpalca and Chicken manure compost mix would make those feel right at home.  

Doing great, proceed sir!!

Guest Doc_Gage

For the very first time, I am handing over x10 of the F1 Afghan Land Race seeds I brought back to one of the most trusted growers I know (on here also). I am hopeful he will start a grow journal and keep us updated on what develops from these one-of-a-kind genetics. Good luck my friend!

20180725_170653.jpg

1 hour ago, Doc_Gage said:

For the very first time, I am handing over x10 of the F1 Afghan Land Race seeds I brought back to one of the most trusted growers I know (on here also). I am hopeful he will start a grow journal and keep us updated on what develops from these one-of-a-kind genetics. Good luck my friend!

20180725_170653.jpg

Should these be called Sar Hawza True Breed/IBLs?

3 hours ago, zoot said:

That’s about the same info I come up with myself for the weather. Do they say when the monsoon season happens? 

@zoot Here is some info:

The monsoon comes from India, and they actually have two monsoons.  Here is some info on that.

https://www.tripsavvy.com/climate-weather-seasonal-guide-for-india-1539593

"India actually has two monsoons –- the southwest monsoon and the northeast monsoon. The southwest monsoon, which is the main monsoon, comes in from the sea and starts making its way up India’s west coast in early June. By mid July, most of the country is covered in rain. This gradually starts clearing from most places in northwest India by October."

"The northeast monsoon affects India’s east coast during November and December. It’s a short but intense monsoon."

As far as when the monsoons precipitation reaches Afghanistan....

https://www.climatestotravel.com/climate/afghanistan

"In early spring, the clash of air masses, due to the heating of the southern Asian landmass, further increases rainfall, so that March is often the wettest month. Later, the rains decrease, and usually from June to September it never rains. Only in the easternmost region, east of Kabul, there is some increase in rainfall in July and August, due to the last offshoot of the monsoon which affects India and Pakistan. "

When I was in that part of the world, I can remember heavy rainfall from late February to early April.  Then also again in October.  And like the info above says from June to Sep there is no rain.   Hope this helps!  -GoodEnergy

Guest Doc_Gage
48 minutes ago, TheMan13 said:

Should these be called Sar Hawza True Breed/IBLs?

Maybe Sar-Hawza True Blood (Shawza Tru Blood)!?! Found in the Paktika Province within the Southern Korengal Valley among the Sar-Hawza tribe.......very interesting to find a name for a brand new lineage of cannabis strain. HISTORY IN THE MAKING!! Fukn awesome!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, Doc_Gage said:

Maybe Sar-Hawza True Blood (Shawza Tru Blood)!?! Found in the Paktika Province within the Southern Korengal Valley among the Sar-Hawza tribe.......very interesting to find a name for a brand new lineage of cannabis strain. HISTORY IN THE MAKING!! Fukn awesome!!!!!!!

True Breed is another term for IBL in breeding.  I was just considering using IBL rather than F1 in the upcoming thread  Some of the breeders here should have an opinion/suggestion for us. 

2 hours ago, GoodEnergyGrower said:

usually from June to September it never rains

I would like to see a plant make it indoors without water that long. They have to have a hell of a root system to last.

imagine if we could get a soil sample from the gardens these beans originated in...... now that would be some far out data to work with. I know it's not possible but just something that was going thru my mind. 

I wanna come up with a good soil to run these in under the lights inside as I would rather treat them to a natural soil mix than feed them bottled nutes.

Can't pop mine till later in the fall so gives me some time to watch these current grows and learn as much as I can about the seasons and environment they originated in.

Epic fun and we're all making history at the same time...... how cool is that?

I got a dumb question...these being f2's what kinda plants will it produce? More uniform plants are we gonna have more variation to choose from...i got a pack too. I'm exited about these.

2 hours ago, zoot said:

I would like to see a plant make it indoors without water that long. They have to have a hell of a root system to last.

I would love to give these genetics a grow.  I own one of the 15 highest elevations in Northern Michigan with a sandy loam soil, it is the best I can do to get close to a mountain top:).  If anyone has an in to get a pack of these to me...i would be forever grateful( I had to ask, sorry!).  I am hoping to get a chance at the Midwest cup to get some seeds.  I have Alpaca manure compost which is the cousin of the camel, I could try and mimic the environment as close as possible.

55 minutes ago, Tynehead Tom said:

imagine if we could get a soil sample from the gardens these beans originated in...... now that would be some far out data to work with. I know it's not possible but just something that was going thru my mind. 

I wanna come up with a good soil to run these in under the lights inside as I would rather treat them to a natural soil mix than feed them bottled nutes.

Can't pop mine till later in the fall so gives me some time to watch these current grows and learn as much as I can about the seasons and environment they originated in.

Epic fun and we're all making history at the same time...... how cool is that?

It is very exciting to follow along on this.  It would be great to run a keeper pheno is different soil types in an attempt to unleash its heavenly potential!!!

• Zoot featured and pinned this topic

Archived