Sar Hawza F2 (Afghan Landrace)

Zoot

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/19/2018 at 11:56 AM, zoot said:

I used to live in 29 palms California, the only thing out there was a  Marine Corps base. They did a lot of training out there in  preparation for the Gulf War, turns out that region of the Mojave Desert is identical to the conditions found in Afghanistan. So I would expect it to be dry low humidity with high temps and cool nights.

This has made me think even more of what I should add to my grow next. I really didnt think of it that way, i live in JT!. Ive been thinking of a some indica and it seems like I need to find a heavy afghan.  

Ive got a few HLG lights, i like the simplicity of them. I bought a QB96V2 and its seems to be working better than the boards, penetrates deeper and has some reds.  

Can't wait to get on this train. 

@Doc_Gage I popped those 5 beans you sent me on the blood moon. All 5 cracked but only 2 lived. They are both female and look very similar but 1 has a bit more vigor. I'm waiting on another pack so I can hunt for a male. I'd really like to work them back a few times and see what may be lurking In the shadows. I would also like to use a male to tighten up some hybrids.  With your blessing of course? 

Guest Doc_Gage

@unregistered190 Damn!! Those are looking mighty fine.....those fat ass leaves on #2 are beautiful. Keep up the amazing work, and if you ever want to discuss possible future breeding please PM me and we can talk it over. There are many growers who are dedicating some incredible effort in the future of these genetics......this is truly history in the making! Developing a brand new Afghani lineage is our goal.....and the hybrid possibilities are simply out of this world. If you can give some feedback on their vigor, mold/pest resistance and such we would all appreciate the intel. Solid work my friend....and thank you for your efforts!!!

Guest Doc_Gage
9 hours ago, Smokin Joe said:

Can't wait to get on this train. 

@Doc_Gage I popped those 5 beans you sent me on the blood moon. All 5 cracked but only 2 lived. They are both female and look very similar but 1 has a bit more vigor. I'm waiting on another pack so I can hunt for a male. I'd really like to work them back a few times and see what may be lurking In the shadows. I would also like to use a male to tighten up some hybrids.  With your blessing of course? 

So glad you have 2 solid females, and I am very glad you want to go further with the opportunities. I would very much appreciate if we could have a phone chat, I think we can do some great things together, along with other growers who are dedicating so much to these genetics. Please PM me your number and a good time to call...thanks again for your dedication and support!!

Guest Doc_Gage
On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:29 PM, zoot said:

I would be down for testing, let me know.

What size fabric pots are you using, 20gal? 

No favorites yet, they are all holding true to each other. They all have the same woodsy, hashy smell. Very distinctive stand out odor, earthy for sure. 

When I grew them outdoor I used 35 gallon fabric pots.....my grow at the time was 70 plants and 18 different strains....and these genetics were the shortest and bushiest out of them all. Very strong branching!!!

Guest Doc_Gage
9 hours ago, inhaletime said:

This has made me think even more of what I should add to my grow next. I really didnt think of it that way, i live in JT!. Ive been thinking of a some indica and it seems like I need to find a heavy afghan.  

Ive got a few HLG lights, i like the simplicity of them. I bought a QB96V2 and its seems to be working better than the boards, penetrates deeper and has some reds.  

When I discovered these genetics....it was at 8000' second week of November.....day time temps were around 30 degrees, night time around 10 degrees....and the air was very dry with a little bit of snow on the ground. Hope this helps=)

1 hour ago, unregistered190 said:

Hey @zoot , I hope ya don’t mind me sharing a couple pics of my (7) F2s I have going. Right at day 30 from germination 

32D4DF1F-208A-492F-953B-7A0A39A7992B.jpeg

FE7DE41D-9EA6-4D2A-9974-0B6505C18547.jpeg

I don’t mind at all great way to compare

Looking great.. ive been known to play with old affys from time to time.. thinking ill do some of these. Looking good zoot keep a growing brother

Smoke test will be interesting 

@Doc_Gage wow 8000ft! im at about half that. We're starting to get in the 40's at night and always suuuuper dry. 

@zoot yes i love this place. ive lived all around and i like how quite it is out here, lots of interesting things. 

whats the height like on these?

hashy sandalwood?

I won't be able to wait till january to pop some of these. 

will keep ya'll posted. It's hunting season for me so no bean poppin till season is over.

@inhaletime  I checked this morning and the shortest one is 24" and the tallest is 30"

I am on a feed, feed, water schedule and i am serving them up between 1200-1300 PPM and a pH of 6.2 - 6.6. The water i give them is straight RO @ 4 PPM and 7pH

21 hours ago, Doc_Gage said:

If you can give some feedback on their vigor, mold/pest resistance and such we would all appreciate the intel. Solid work my friend....and thank you for your efforts!!!

Will do! And as soon as I figure out the member album thing I will put up a bunch of pics too.

6 hours ago, unregistered190 said:

Do you recall how tall they were when put into flower @zoot

They were about a foot tall, so they doubled in height.

This is how they are looking as of this morning.

This is the tallest at 30” measured from the top to the bottom branch. Nice strong stock down there.

9512F56A-92C7-4D59-B812-EF041430F3F3.thumb.jpeg.86c08a4230d4769f8fa79f25f06824bb.jpeg

#1,3,5

C599ABF8-405E-4FE3-8119-E1EDBA5EDA7F.thumb.jpeg.cd651c744cd478671c16b4ff690e5465.jpeg

The group

4C9DF8DD-4D24-43F5-98A0-2C674127BFAD.thumb.jpeg.509dc34c44742370a467e3e0ff6e443d.jpeg

4 minutes ago, zoot said:

Lol, no they’re 4.75 gal. The measure 12”x12”x12”

thanks

the square pots threw me off ,i knew they wernt 6 x 6 because of the corners.

Archived