Kind024

Those plants look great, nice play. About how many weeks do you reckon left in your season?

Tynehead Tom
1 hour ago, Kind024 said:

Those plants look great, nice play. About how many weeks do you reckon left in your season?

Well..... the growing season here is officially at it's end according to all the plants in the vegetable garden and the leaves on the trees are turning 😄 Daytime hours right now are a like 13hrs 5 minutes daylight and fading. We hit 12 hrs daylight around the 24rth of the month. My plants don't see direct sun until 10:00 am and then sun all day untill 7pm right now.

In the greenhouse the last 2 years I have harvested right at the end of october. I'd have to go back to forum posts from last year to see the exact date I finished harvest last year and year before.

I started counting day 1 flowering as the 18th of august so allowing for a full 70 days of flowering from that day puts me at october 27. Looking at the plants , if they were indoor I would say they are about 14 to 17 days into flower but they are 22 day according to the 18th as day 1. I could be off by a week which would put harvest at November 3rd.

I just have to try and repeat what i did last year as far as the environment goes, mother nature needs to give me sunshine and all should be good I hope.

gorilla ganja

If you do a heavy defoliation at about day 21 or just before the end of stretch and day 42 ish again take most of the large leaves. It should allow for plenty of light and air flow for the bud sites to explode.

These plants obviously have a large root mass and should take it well.   

It's the temps you have to keep in check. All else being equal a plant will grow twice as fast at 20C as it will at 10C.

If you get some nice sunlight for the next 5-6 weeks I think your on track for a  1 lb plant. 😎

Peace GG

Tynehead Tom

Ya, @gorilla ganja , dialing the temperatures is gonna be key. Trying to keep night time temps above 10 right now but noticing the nights getting colder and temps got down to 8 in there last night with the one heater. Time to add the tower heater and setting both heaters on low should do the trick for now. As you know, the change to fall happens quick up here and each week brings a new adaptation to the environment in the greenhouse to deal with the changes outside. 

Also trying to balance the day/night temperature differential so definately time for the heaters as I will need them on the cloudy days to keep temps up.

fun stuff , I enjoy the challenge

trimming is gonna be a fuggen bitch though eh? haha

Red eye.

I’m gonna have to run some power out to my plants if I want them to finish. 

You try and keep it above 10?

Tynehead Tom

ya, trying to keep it .+10C to +12C at night and 20 to 24 during the day.

Tynehead Tom

well kids..... might be time to call this season a wrap and forgo the full season plants. Though i have put a lot of work into them ...... Mother Nature clearly has other plans.....

shit like this is why growing here is so fuggen challenging....

09-13-2018_pic_1_-_Copy.JPG

09-13-2018_pic_2_-_Copy.JPG

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

3rdCoaster

Yikes, thats too soon.  Maybe just a temporary dip?  You could smoke a lot of doobies out there.  Might raise the temps a little.

• Like 1
  • Great Advice 1
  • Haha 4

Tynehead Tom

we'll see.

sunny right now and the snow all melted 

it's not like I'm gonna give up but might be slow on the updates

can't see a decent pound of either of these plants at this rate even though they are giants LOL

dawn patrol

you've come this far with them, I can't see you giving up now.  Even if you don't hit your goal you should get some decent buds with plants that size.

Oldman michigany budds

Well tom,  I say that frigid bitch (mother nature) is playing with u again...

Hopefully summer aint over yet!

The ladies r monsters!! Well done:popcorneating:

Better git the sleds1536947455968-1893946259.thumb.jpg.4b033a161980c6106890991957f729f5.jpg ready just in case.. lol

Edited by Oldman michigany budds
Stoner memory...

Tynehead Tom

ya @Oldman michigany budds , funny you post the sled hehe

the wife and I have been looking at different models at our local yamaha shop. Need a two seater duty/trail sled mostly for ice fishing and going on winter group rides with one of the clubs here.  Looking at a yamaha vk540 and will probably grab it before the snow flies.

As for the garden, I am managing the environment, it's working quite well actually. Just tricky working the heaters and vents to avoid condensation but I seem to have that figured out too. Just lacking sunshine as most days have been cloudy or partially cloudy. With the heaters I can keep the plants alive to at least -10 overnight but that weather is hopefully still 3 or 4 weeks away.

comparing the flowers to indoor flowers, they look like they are just hitting the end of week 3 but it's hard to compare. Old Grandpa Scratch is just in full on hard mode and has been for weeks now LOL Some of her tops are getting to be over 5 feet from the ground and are easily 2 feet above the last net. I'm gonna have to re-net both plants. Did a full strip down on the old grandpa scratch yesterday and today I have to tackle the gorilla bubble bx2.... which is just a ridiculous bush.

There is no way in hell I will be able to keep these below my "security height" of 4 feet, they have both already surpassed that with the stretch. So whatever, by the time harvest comes, Cannabis will be legal so hopefully the local bacon ignores my greenhouse haha

Red eye.

I'm legal already so the local bacon gets to fuck themselves as my greenhouse filled with weed kinda sticks out, too. LOL

Tynehead Tom

sorry I have had the need to go low key for a bit here..... and now it's hunting season full swing so not online much.

Still going strong over here in the greenhouse despite full on winter conditions that have seen temps down to -15C overnight a couple times but averaging at zero or just below. A week of sub zero that started with 14 inches of snow over 2 days...... crazy stuff.

but the plants survived and thrived somewhat although they were craving sunshine.

I have lots of pics but will wait till the end to post them, no time, getting ready for another week in the bush with my pack, rifle and rottweiller...... Mule deer beware 🙂

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that "if" these plants make it to the Nov 3 scheduled harvest date..... at least one of the two is gonna smash the 1 pound mark.... looks like there is way more than a pound of buds on that old grandpa scratch already..... it is truly an epic plant 

pics in a few weeks

Tynehead Tom
1 hour ago, dawn patrol said:

Good to see you posting @Tynehead Tom now go bag a deer or two!

a deer or three maybe hehehe

I've been a busy hunter and already punched 2 of my 3 alotted deer tags. Heading out in the morning for a few hours drive to my favorite treestand high in the upper lilooet river valley to see about deer #3.

Then in a week it's all about the moose and elk.

see ya'all at harvest time , the wait will be worth it i think.

Red eye.

I got skunked. Got unlucky with the early Fall. Good luck with harvest. 

Tynehead Tom
On 10/11/2018 at 6:49 AM, Red eye. said:

I got skunked. Got unlucky with the early Fall. Good luck with harvest. 

that sucks man, sorry to hear that.

I guess I'm the lone hold out.

Surprised more growers here didn't do some trees this summer

catch ya'all at harvest time..... 20 days to go