Tynehead Tom
Posted (edited)

So a 1 pound challenge is afoot eh?

My goal this summer in the greenhouse was to best my record of 12 ounces dried flowers so I started my plants vegging in early spring indoors from clones. I've been updating them in various threads since then but seen as @zoot just created a 1 pound challenge..... my girls are in!!

The details:

Transplanted to 56 gallon holes around June 10th , just not possible to put them out earlier without supplemental lighting and heaters.

The holes consist of a modified Tom Hill recipe and includes Black Gold potting soil, bonemeal, gypsum, dolopril, perlite and instead of chicken manure I had to use Sheep. I also added 1/2 bag of promix HP and so myco powder in the transplant holes.

My well water is high in minerals and PPM so I went heavy on the gypsum and lighter on the dolopril.

I will be feeding water only but will be giving them weekly doses of molasses, the odd dose of Alaska fish emulsion , some humic acid. Bugs will be dealt with using bug begon and mother nature will have to do the rest. ...... in flower they will get dosed with Alaska morebloom a few times.

Plan is to let them get a bit bigger and then lay em down and set them up for big scrog nets.

dunno if I'll hit the 1 pound challenge way up here in the north but I got a good start this year I think.

pics are from 4 days ago and I've since started laying the old grandpa scratch out side ways both directions along the greenhouse wall. I'll get some fresh pics when the sun comes back. Raining like a bitch today.

@Karma Genetics - Old Grandpa Scratch LTD

06-21-2018_Old_Grandpa_Scratch__1_-_Copy.JPG

@Tonygreen's Tortured Beans - Gorilla Bubble Bx2

06-21-2018_Gorilla_Bubble_Bx2_-_Copy.JPG

Edited by Tynehead Tom

Tynehead Tom
Posted (edited)

some fresh pics from today and what a difference in 5 days as the pics I posted yesterday were from the 21st of june.

Gorilla Bubble BX2 , starting to flop out on it's own so it's time to build some netting structure and spread her out low. Looks like I also have some weed and grass trimming to do in the greenhouse.... looking kinda shabby around the edges.

06-26-2018_Gorilla_Bubble_Bx2_pic_1_-_Copy.JPG

06-26-2018_Gorilla_Bubble_Bx2_pic_2_-_Copy.JPG

06-26-2018_Gorilla_Bubble_Bx2_pic_3_-_Copy.JPG

and Old Grandpa Scratch LTD is just in turbo veg mode LOL .... I'd say the modified Tom Hill recipe is working 😄

06-26-2018_Old_Grandpa_Scratch_LTD__1_pic_1_-_Copy.JPG

06-26-2018_Old_Grandpa_Scratch_LTD__1_pic_2_-_Copy.JPG

06-26-2018_Old_Grandpa_Scratch_LTD__1_pic_3_-_Copy.JPG

06-26-2018_Old_Grandpa_Scratch_LTD__1_pic_4_-_Copy.JPG

This pheno of Old Grandpa Scratch seldom throws more than 5 finger leaves but when it does they have these cool devils horns.

06-26-2018_Old_Grandpa_Scratch_LTD__1_pic_5_-_Copy.JPG

Edited by Tynehead Tom

Tynehead Tom
Posted (edited)

found the pics of these two plants as clones. Rooted and Transplanted from starter cups to 1 gallons on March 1st and then vegged up under the 1000W (18/6) till they went outside.

03-01-2018 Clones vegging for outdoor - Copy.JPG

Edited by Tynehead Tom

gorilla ganja

I think you will hit the 1 lb mark on one of those at least. Still have a few weeks till they trigger and I bet they will double in size.

Man, we have been getting very hot temps and sun here at 52 North. Hottest May on record I think I heard, and will not be surprized to see June come close as well.

What a diffeerance some mountains can make.

Best of luck with the 1 lb. goal @Tynehead Tom

Usstoner

Plants are looking good man...gonna be a good year for sure. And yea man clean that place up..get that grass outta there...what ya lazy...haha.

Tynehead Tom
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, gorilla ganja said:

I think you will hit the 1 lb mark on one of those at least. Still have a few weeks till they trigger and I bet they will double in size.

Man, we have been getting very hot temps and sun here at 52 North. Hottest May on record I think I heard, and will not be surprized to see June come close as well.

What a diffeerance some mountains can make.

Best of luck with the 1 lb. goal @Tynehead Tom

last season the very first pistils starting appearing around Aug 16-ish so if I don't light dep them earlier, they will have 7 weeks from today exactly, to continue getting bigger...... and that 3 or 4 week outdoor stretch....

Going to be monsters :rasta.nana:

Getting the beginning of the Scrog net in place. Folks who know my grows will notice I have graduated from using fishin poles and am now putting bamboo stakes to good use. Much easier to cut to length LOL

*wierd seeing 5 and 7 week old buds forming up nicely in June haha

06-28-2018_Scrog_net_set_up_-_Copy.JPG

Edited by Tynehead Tom

zoot

very nice choices for the run, best of luck to you.

i'm still working out my selections

Kind024
Posted (edited)

Right on @Tynehead Tom, best of fortune for the 1lb+ mark. Those plants look off to a great start! Good timing, I just made a fresh batch of popcorn, please help yourselves.:popcorn:

Have you tried malted barley, it's rich in enzymes? Enzymes are a catalyst for biochemical reactions. Out of the tweaking and polishing i've tried with soil malted barley made one of the most significant differences. I use around 1 tsp per 5 gallons of soil, give or take a little. Dusted around inside the drip line of the plant. Water it in well. I add it when the plants settle in to the new bloom transplant and once when the flowers start to set.  It can speed things up in veg too. The finer grind the better. Most brew stores will grind it for free if you ask. To each their own, this is just a suggestion. It could help give that push to 1lb+. Edited: I would stay on the light side of the measuring spoon if it's the first time using malted barley. Till you get a chance to see how your cultivars react.

Sheep manure is good shit! Better than chicken for most applications...imo.

I wonder what kind of manure this cat was using?

Image result for large cannabis trees

Edited by Kind024
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Nice Job 2

Red eye.

Ive got some big plants outdoors. Gonna have to dep them soon to get them flowering. 

Tynehead Tom
5 minutes ago, Red eye. said:

Ive got some big plants outdoors. Gonna have to dep them soon to get them flowering. 

big plants outdoors.... hell ya! start a thread and join us for the 1 lb Gauntlet man 😉 

this gonna be a fun season :rasta.nana:

Red eye.

I had some late, 10 footers a couple of years ago when I put out some Hawaiian/Swt crosses to reveg. Massive plants but too late to make good flowers. Those would have been 5 pounders. 

Tynehead Tom
Posted (edited)

I can only dream of growing plants that get into the realm of pounds per plant LOL The climate here just does not support that kind of adventure. The cost to set up a greenhouse environment to pull it off would be exceedingly prohibitive haha

a dried/cured pound of flowers from one plant is a lofty goal for this neck of the woods so I've got my work cut out for me 😄

Edited by Tynehead Tom

Red eye.

I live N of 50 in farm country. Put plants in the ground and they grow. Long Summer days and a protected spot.....BOOM! Massive veggy plants that are freakishly late. 

This Summer I’m running mostly Hashfruits and am gonna try to flip them soon, this week I hope. 

I have a few Sativas out to see if I can grow some trees but they’ll never finish on their own. 

Tynehead Tom

ya after this year I'm going to probably work on acclimating the shiskaberry lines I have for our full season environment. They are super hardy plants but having trouble finding those true 6 and 7 week type flowering plants that existed in the original seeds back in the late 90's.

To create a stable seed line that can be sprouted mid may and finish fully ripe on the the last day of september would be incredible. It's been done, there's strains like tea cup, land cruiser, lemon hashplant , all bred here in the interior of BC north of 50 but while they are hardy, decent plants..... they lack the flavor and potency of todays modern hybrids. I want some power weed I can grow in the full sunshine, that will survive the elements and finish spectacularly @52N ....... So next season the Shiskaberry , the Chunk D and hopefully the landrace afghan and lebanese plants make it into the rotation as well.

Red eye.

It’s highly unlikely but possible for me to seed a thousand acres to weed. Anyone have a thousand bushels of dank, fem, auto flowering seed?

Red eye.
4 hours ago, Tynehead Tom said:

ya after this year I'm going to probably work on acclimating the shiskaberry lines I have for our full season environment. They are super hardy plants but having trouble finding those true 6 and 7 week type flowering plants that existed in the original seeds back in the late 90's.

To create a stable seed line that can be sprouted mid may and finish fully ripe on the the last day of september would be incredible. It's been done, there's strains like tea cup, land cruiser, lemon hashplant , all bred here in the interior of BC north of 50 but while they are hardy, decent plants..... they lack the flavor and potency of todays modern hybrids. I want some power weed I can grow in the full sunshine, that will survive the elements and finish spectacularly @52N ....... So next season the Shiskaberry , the Chunk D and hopefully the landrace afghan and lebanese plants make it into the rotation as well.

My first real grow I bought Kens Mix from Emery, Shiskaberry x Dutch Treat. Lovely berry flavoured weed. 

Not gonna lie, I’m envious of your weed genetics, Tom. 

Tynehead Tom

I think my rendition of "shiskaberry" will be ready next year some time. A tonne of work between 3 growers has been taking place over the past year and a 1/2. It's one I don't talk about a whole lot but it is my pet project. I was gonna do some outdoor this year as the full season plants but opted for the gorilla bubble bx 2 and the old grandpa scratch as I have a hard crush on the both of  them right now hehehe

Tynehead Tom
Posted (edited)

hmmmmm..... growing like fricken weeds 😄

Gorilla Bubble BX2

07-08-2018_Gorilla_Bubble_Bx2_-_Copy.JPG

Old Grandpa Scratch #1 ---- gettin real hard to get her in one pic LOL

07-08-2018_Old_Grandpa_Scratch_pic_1_-_Copy.JPG

Edited by Tynehead Tom

Tynehead Tom
Posted (edited)

another 8 days has slid on by...... 

at the entrance end of the greenhouse there are some plants in 5 gallons with a couple weeks of flowering to go.... then the scrog frames will get extended another 4 feet for a total of 8 feet x 4 feet of frame work to fill that space. Have 30 days of veg left according to my calculations so hoping to get everything trained and suckers trimmed out to fill that entire 4 x 8 footprint of scrog net for each plant. The Old Grandpa Scratch is going to fill that space no problem and stretches a whole lot so this should be real interesting hehehe

I know this kind of thing is childsplay for some growers in better climates but for me this shit is fun as hell and the big plant novelty is still fun for me 😉

I stuck my size 11 croc shoe in the pics for some reference

gorilla bubble bx2

07-16-2018_Gorilla_Bubble_Bx2_pic_1_-_Copy.JPG

07-16-2018_Gorilla_Bubble_Bx2_pic_2_-_Copy.JPG

old grandpa scratch #1

07-16-2018_Old_Grandpa_Scratch__1_-_Copy.JPG

Edited by Tynehead Tom

gorilla ganja

Bump the nitrogen a little and look out that plant is going to be huge. 

how about some pics of the Gorilla Bubble BX2, that plant is also looking real healthy and ready for some serious growth.

Peace GG

Tynehead Tom

@gorilla ganja

just getting into the hot weather so hopefully they start feeding hard now.

Have given them a boost of Alaska fish .... not sure what else to give them as the soil should have enough nitrogen to get the job done. I'm only able to water once a week right now but the plant mass is starting to get to the point where they should start letting me water them twice a week. They look a lot smaller in the pics than they actually are hehehe

Coastal

Foliar  feed your mix plus 7-10ml per litre of Alaska fish, kelp(I like growth plus but $) and bug be gone or some oil based pest repellent (this is half strength, shouldn’t burn in the sun but spray in morning/evening and maybe do tests spots before committing)

gets em going good till the roots can get feeding more.

looks great @Tynehead Tom!

Tynehead Tom

@Coastal  what do you suggest for a foilar feed? 

I don't have much here other than alaska fish...... actually it's not alaska fish..... it's Falling Leaf Westcoast Fish fertilizer 5-2-2 ... has fish emulsion, humic acid,alfalfa meal, soy meal, kelp, potassium nitrate, phosphoric acid. I also fed them a dose of molasses and gypsum once already.

The only other food I have here I could spray with are the nutes i use for feeding all the other plants that are just in sunshine 4. 

to be honest, foilar spraying was never something i got into for fear of creating a powdery mildew or mold issue...

I'm up for trying it but have very limitted access to products right now other than what's on hand here.

I have a gallon or 2 of alaska more bloom 0-30-30 for once bloom rolls around. Was just gonna follow the tom hill basic plan and so far I'm pretty happy with what I'm seeing

open to advice though.....

Tynehead Tom
Posted (edited)

well, I gotta say, the daily growth on these two plants is starting to get crazy..... they are in hard mode now!!

starting to construct the rest of the lowest level of the scrog training on the Old Grandpa Scratch and then will go hard on the Gorilla Bubble to lay it all out low and flat again.... she's a mess LOL

Gorilla Bubble Bx2

07-20-2018_Gorilla_Bubble_BX2_-_Copy.JPG

and the Old Grandpa Scratch needs 2 pics to get her all in now LOL

Left side

07-20-2018_Old_Grandpa_Scratch__1__pic_1_-_Copy.JPG

Right side

07-20-2018_Old_Grandpa_Scratch__1__pic_2_-_Copy.JPG

Edited by Tynehead Tom

Tynehead Tom

today has been a busy one so far , going to town building the structure around the Old Grandpa Scratch now that the 2nd round of light dep plants have been removed from the greenhouse. Be trimming for the next few days 🙂

anyhow, the scrog footprint is modified now to 6 feet x 3 feet and that's where it will stay. I've measured everything real careful to keep the structure square and level and once I tie the netting in I should have 162 x 4inch squares to fill with tops. If I can manage that and keep an even canopy yielding minumum 3 grams per top..... I'll exceed 1 pound handily. Old Grandpa Scratch is fully cooperating with the scrog.... the gorilla bubble is just a mess hahaha but I will get her into the bondage program and flatten her back out into the same foot print of 6ft x 3ft and 162 x 4" squares in the net.

With the scrog structures built nice and symetrical I'm going to look at building frames over them and "possibly" tarping them to start flowering by as soon as 10 days from now if i can figure it out in time. Might be worth the effort so I can harvest them a couple weeks earlier than past years. I think that last 2 weeks is pretty much usless for building bud in this climate so gotta think about a plan. Would only have to light dep till end of august then let em go naturally to finish so gonna think on this one and see what I got layin around here to build the frames with.