Testing : Wild Fire Hash Plant

Tynehead Tom

Formerly known as Swordfish 2 (otlb seed collective) , she will be known as Wild Fire Hash Plant from here on out.

A couple people have tested these beans and I've sent some here n there but otherwise, these are officially unreleased. The first rendition, Swordfish (F1) , availlable at GLG, started with the Black Tuna clone only , a renowned British Columbia medical community cut from the days of Steve Tuck and associates 5 Star Organics. Black Tuna, often mistaken for a heavy yielding OG , is a combination of Herijuana and Jamaican Lambs Bread. This cut was specifically given to me to work into seed form and so I chose a line I thought would contrast nicely and lead to relatively easy selection. I chose a very stocky, big leafed, christmas tree structured Shiskaberry 3 f2 male that had a very distinct stem rub to him and prolific flower set. As a seedling he was frosty thru the emergent stage and stank thru veg..... real nice male as it turned out 🙂

anyhow, thru selection grows of the Swordfish F1 seeds, several males were selected from several different seed pops over the last 18 months and at the same time, selections made for females for the F2 (AKA wild fire hashplant). Last spring the final selections were made using the very best representatives of the Black Tuna cut and the seeds were made in the greenhouse over the summer. I have chosen the name Wild Fire Hash Plant because these seeds were made in the smokey haze that was last summer. The smaller of two fires threatening our town started July 6 and led to mass evacuations. We got to stay but were under evacuation alert at moments notice for the entire summer into october. The larger fire to the south came 9 kilometers from my door..... it was truly a crazy summer and though was hot n sunny, ash rained pretty constant and the smokey haze was just no fun. The plants prevailed and the Swordfish F1 female produced some beautiful seeds, the darkest seeds I have ever seen in fact. I was going to call this Sky Pilot hash plant but seeing as these seeds were made during last years epic wild fire season I figure it's fitting.

So a little over a month ago I pulled a random 8 seeds from a bulk pack and they are now small plants, 3 days into light dep sexing.

7 of the 8 have identical stem rubs and one of the 8 is showing strong traits of the Black Tuna cut very early on so might get put aside for time being.

I'll get some pictures going here after I sex these and get them transplanted. I might do a release of the Wild Fire Hash Plant but for now I just want to start documenting the work I'm doing and those interested can tag along if they want 😉

The Mum of Wild Fire Hash Plant (swordfish f1)

Aug 25 Swordfish pic 3 - Copy.jpg

Aug 19 Swordfish pic 2 - Copy.JPG

Aug 24 Swordfish pic 1 - Copy.JPG

Black Tuna (P1)

DSC03264 - Copy.JPG

DSC03267 - Copy.JPG

Black Tuna Harvest pic 2 - Copy.JPG

Black Tuna Harvest Pic 1 - Copy.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

couple of the Wildfire Hashplants showing real nice frost out into the fans..... they are at day 34 of light dep today.

Also got the new seed pack sticker art done for the drop .... again thanx to @shaggyballs 

Wild Fire Hashplant Logo - Copy.png

07-14-2018_Wildfire_Hashplant_pic_1_-_Copy.JPG

07-14-2018_Wildfire_Hashplant_pic_2_-_Copy.JPG

Here's one of the 4 Wildfire Hashplants , stacking up nicely and keeping up in the early frost development with some of the other higher end genetics in the garden.

Very pleased with what I'm seeing from these girls so far.

07-20-2018_Wildfire_Hashplant_pic_1_-_Copy.JPG

07-20-2018_Wildfire_Hashplant_pic_2_-_Copy.JPG

some more shots of Wildfire Hasplant tops at 5 weeks (36days). These are small plants but are totally living up to my expectations. Strong odors of ripe fermented fruit and berries and a real dank funk underlying that. These have strong trichome development so far and right on point for what I'm hoping to see in the beans

07-23-2018_Wildfire_Hashplant_1_-_Copy.JPG

07-23-2018_Wildfire_Hashplant_2_-_Copy.JPG

07-23-2018_Wildfire_Hashplant_3_-_Copy.JPG

• 1 month later...
Guest clearheaded

nice! perhaps should lay out genetics exactly as is a bit clumsy with name changes etc.  

Super jealous about black tuna! it is some serious meds for sure. hopefully cuts will be easier to get come legalization. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/16/2018 at 10:40 PM, clearheaded said:

nice! perhaps should lay out genetics exactly as is a bit clumsy with name changes etc.  

Super jealous about black tuna! it is some serious meds for sure. hopefully cuts will be easier to get come legalization. 

it's a one time drop. Not sure if they have even gotten there yet.....

Black Tuna is good but I actually don't grow it for my own smoke. Just a breeding plant in my stable, doing a favor for some friends.

The shiskaberry genetics have taken it up a notch though. Some very nice hash plants coming out of friend's Wildfire hashplant test grows.

The make up is quite simple though ...... Black Tuna (herijauna x lambsbread) x Shiskaberry F2 males , selected for Black Tuna dominance in the F2's(swordfish) and parents selected for the F3 , which are the Wildfire Hashplant.

Guest clearheaded

for mr Charles??  guess the black tuna just had a piercing rankness that stuck with me, bedtime forsure. 

wish I woulda lived a little closer to Charles when he lived in this part of the world.. lol bet some old guys have some nice moms and imagine had some Fuego for such a unpopulated area.. huderites smoking quality harmony and king lol.  

cool to see the comeback of shiskiberry nuken 

3 hours ago, Tynehead Tom said:

it's a one time drop. Not sure if they have even gotten there yet.....

Black Tuna is good but I actually don't grow it for my own smoke. Just a breeding plant in my stable, doing a favor for some friends.

The shiskaberry genetics have taken it up a notch though. Some very nice hash plants coming out of friend's Wildfire hashplant test grows.

The make up is quite simple though ...... Black Tuna (herijauna x lambsbread) x Shiskaberry F2 males , selected for Black Tuna dominance in the F2's(swordfish) and parents selected for the F3 , which are the Wildfire Hashplant.

@Tynehead Tomis there enough difference between these and the Swordfish F1s to grab some when they drop? How do you think they would do in Jamaica? looking to upgrade my friends genetics down there. I thought maybe the Blacktuna side might make them suitable with the Lambsbread in there.

14 hours ago, clearheaded said:

for mr Charles??  guess the black tuna just had a piercing rankness that stuck with me, bedtime forsure. 

wish I woulda lived a little closer to Charles when he lived in this part of the world.. lol bet some old guys have some nice moms and imagine had some Fuego for such a unpopulated area.. huderites smoking quality harmony and king lol.  

cool to see the comeback of shiskiberry nuken 

no, I do not know a Mr Charles but one of my friends has held the black tuna cut since it first came around via the steve tuck crowd. The Black Tuna cut is not the Tuna Kush bred by Reeferman. Tuna Kush came later and I'm not sure if it is even of the same lineage as Black Tuna. I've queried reeferman, he is well known here (scott family farms) on this topic and he refused to give me a straight answer.

The cut was brought to me to be cubed into a stable seed line by first outcrossing then working thru the generations for black tuna dominance. The first cross used shiskaberry f2 male to create Swordfish. 

there is a lot more shiskaberry is the Swordfish and I rather like the plants coming from those seeds. Not sure how they would do in southern climates but I saw no mold issues over the last couple years growing them in my climate in the greenhouse.

I don't know if I will ever release my work with the pure Shiskaberry just out of respect for Breeder Steve. He's out there somewhere still growing and breeding and I'd hate to insult the guy by releasing a line that he could very well bring back. If anyone talks to him these days I'd love to be put in touch.

I should add....... when the recent drop arrives and gets listed, the Wildfire Hashplant have been designated as bonus packs and probably won't be listed for sale.

Guest 3rdCoaster
20 hours ago, Tynehead Tom said:

I don't know if I will ever release my work with the pure Shiskaberry just out of respect for Breeder Steve. He's out there somewhere still growing and breeding and I'd hate to insult the guy by releasing a line that he could very well bring back. If anyone talks to him these days I'd love to be put in touch.

He is on IG.  I sent him a message and asked for him to stop by and look you up if he had the time.   

Guest clearheaded

don't think he will mind. Chimera sold it and even made a comment about how its weird there is a store using HIS name "shiskiberry". they may have worked together I dunno, more I think of it yes they all prob did DJ SOL CHIMERA and Cash crop ken maybe?? also cash drop ken sells pure shiskeberry for decades(kish), house of the great gardener, also Barneys farm sells shiskeberry.  Also I don't know if its breeder Steves as reaching into my brain archives there was the "real" shiskiberry which there was a red and yellow and there was no blueberry just pure afghan. could be wrong but what I recall.  or perhaps just crossed the real shiskiberry with blueberry to make seeds is what I am thinking, and red and yellow were original cuts.. but please correct me if that is wrong..

Guest clearheaded

yes I think I am correct. and blueberry is a misnomer or different version. 

Spice of Life Seeds - Shishkeberry

Aka: Shiskaberry or Shishkaberry

A line bred Afghani, heavily selected that yielded two distinct varieties, the Red and the Yellow.

the blueberry X is shishkeberry #3  so not "pure" shiskiberry. 

Chimera has repeatedly denounced working with breeder steve and denies being part of that scene in vancouver back in the day. I can say for sure, in 1998 when i met breeder steve in person in vancouver, no one had even heard of "chimera" though his seeds and original logo appeared on the vancouver seed catalogue about 2 years later. Chimera also denies all that but somewhere in my stash of cannabis memorabilia I have many issues of the first seed bank catalogs that showed chimera gear.

Cash crop ken...... i once saw comments made by breeder steve while he was overseas in the europe part of the world growing huge gardens. He stated that via mark emory's shady ways, seeds of a second and less desireable line from the shiskaberry workings made it's way into mark's growers and breeders group and cash krop ken was born. It was stated by breeder steve that these guys were all rip off artists and the Kish from cash krop was made with beans that had no permission and smothered in bad karma.

I think it was not long after that breeder steve walked away from the vancouver/canadian scene and to the best of my knowledge.... has never returned.

Like my work with shiskaberry F1 seeds  , many other breeders have , some well known,  worked the shiskaberry into thier own lines though I would seriously question the most reputable of breeders as to where they got thier breeding stock and if it is real shiskaberry from breeder steves F1's or another generation using different selections that were released as Shiskaberry 3? I do not think Shiskaberry 3 was an extension of the F1 breeding. Instead I think it was new selections made from the parents of shiskaberry (the red/the yellow lines) reselected and the blueberry added into the mix....... I think.

For myself, I had original seeds of the F1 and only a couple sprouted and I still have those plants, both of them. I also have selections from Shiskaberry 3 f2 and have some other F1 crosses of original shiskaberry where I can trust 100% the information the breeder has passed on to me. Chimera, is not one of those breeders and he has done nothing but shit on breeder steve in the emails I have had with him on the subject. I trust nothing that guy says about his seeds, genetics, thier origins or his motives in the community.

anyhow..... House of the Great Gardner is probably the only place i would look for genetics that I know used the original lines for selections. Like Barbara Bud..... the original shisk shines thru big time and is a real nice example of the breeding potential in steve's original work. USTAD seed Shiskaberry 3 F2 also produced plants that are spot on for what i was looking for in my shiska quest though perhaps a bit more to the grapefruit side than I was hoping.

anyhow, Shiskaberry is a pet project for me and my friends but the true lines I have , now in IBL stage, will not be released to the public though I will continue to work on spectacular hybrids when i find plants that would meld well with the shiska.

Guest clearheaded

nukes being from CCK seems to have some staying power but sure, and no doubt he just took others lines and made cheaper seeds. just was saying shiskeberry has already been on the market from others other then SOL. I have conflicting feelings on the idea of theft of genetic. 70% of all genetics at least are stolen from sam or neville which were stolen from others NL for one. skunk or stolen from afghan breeders or thai growers. saying u put in more work then generations of family growers always sounds silly to me.NL which was stolen is in ALOT of stuff out there and same with skunk. argument could be haze was stolen? or what about OG KUSH/chemdawg? so at which point are things not "stolen" and should no one work with those lines as they didn't create them?. but get how is annoying when work on a line for decade and someone buys a pack and starts selling it. why F1s are great for breeders. but also there is a whole lot of room to lower price and make it not possible for others to repro and sell cheaper, as many plants take alot more work and 50cents a seed is outlandish for tomato var. even think peyote seeds rare produce very few only viable for short time and take many years to flower are 20 cents a pop. imagine f1 stuff will make its way back as there is a reason the old school guys did that, vigor but cant just get 5 females 1 male out of a pack and get seeds of similar quality.  anyway off topic.

I think chimera doesn't want/cant admit to doing anything illegal as is going to likely be joining the LPs and perhaps for his ability to get grants for science keep in good standing with his professional designation etc. to me he always seemed to be pretty legit and logical. keep in mind Marc got sent to the states for admitting to sell those seeds so I wouldn't be admitting illegal activity either esp when people know your face. but I don't really know just a guess and don't know the guy. perhaps just with genetic testing things don't line up the same as folklore. id be interested tho to why you feel that way or what exactly was said 🙂 maybe in pm...

super jealous you have access to all those genetics!!! !! if ever get to talk to Steve tell him to send me a cut of the real sweet skunk!!!!!!!! lol 

The original shishkaberry was a blueberry male cross to both the Afghan red and afghan yellow clones. 

The sweet skunk cut is still around. I grew it when I was working for the guys at heavenly daze. Great smell and taste, grows almost identical to the ancient seedsman haze clone.

I had the 94-99 cannabis Canada magazines till my house burned 2 years ago... for sure “shishkaberry” is the cross of a blueberry male to both red and yellow phenos of old afghani lines... shishkaberry 3 might be different but the shiska was made at the same time as sweet tooth with seeds from DJ short. This was beeeder Steve’s second batch of seeds the first used a skunk male from 94 Dutch seeds... I was there buying these all through this time and am 100% positive of this if you dig up the old  seeds lists. 

Guest clearheaded

I copied and pasted the genetics in a previous post.  but can do it again from SOL desc.

"

Spice of Life Seeds - Shishkeberry

Aka: Shiskaberry or Shishkaberry

A line bred Afghani, heavily selected that yielded two distinct varieties, the Red and the Yellow."

#3 was made at same time as sweet tooth #3?? makes sense with the vernacular. anyway Shiskiberry #3 is.

original poster also states this. as used the #3 which is different because it has blueberry and why there is a #3.  I think chimeras version is the version #3 with bb and what was used by many. Barneys farm as I said uses that #3 bb version.

cool u worked with the heavenly daze guys. wish I had access to there seedsmen and that sweet skunk clone! decent concentrates 😉 

Archived