Super Silver Haze jd cut x Sleeping Iraqi & Platinum 20 x Sleeping Iraqi...testers

Kind024

Greetings to eveyone in the Lab, I hope you and yours are happy and healthy.

Yesterday some testers from Strayfox Gardenz graced my mailbox. I'm happy to be documenting them here at the Lab. A special thank you to @zoot for getting this forum set up and so quickly too...this is a nice place you keep here zoot, thank you!

Perfect timing for the new moon...I don't think that was significant coincidence. I'm grateful to have the opportunity to run these brother Stray, thank you! 

It's been a while...my first test was for Stray in '14. That's where the Noode cut came from.

SAM_3264.thumb.JPG.da9ee2ae777b2cd2554f54f5cfe82c85.JPG

On 6/13/18, at precisely 11:11:11pm...7, Super Silver Haze jd cut x Sleeping Iraqi & 7, Platinum 20 x Sleeping Iraqi were dropped into clean water with 2 drops of hydrogen peroxide per 1.5 cups. After soaking for 13 hours at about 78F they were planted directly into 3" square containers of soil. The soil was hydrated well with a home made aloe solution. Which was made by blending an 1/8 cup chunk of fresh aloe leaf with 4 cups water and straining. 

Mycos fungi was added to the placement hole in the soil so the seed made direct contact when planting.

The pots were put under a humidity dome which is holding around 88% humidity and 78F.

The plants will be starting under 2, 4ft, 6500k t5's.

Note: One of the Super Silver Haze jd cut x Sleeping Iraqi (SSH jd cut x SI) seeds was still floating after soaking for 13 hours. This seeds was planted in the #1 pot. 

SAM_3267.thumb.JPG.a753f0919a994747c5b87a4d8983a4bf.JPG

The 14 seeds are around the outside of the tray. The 4 pots in the middle are to hold place at the moment and maybe soon those Triple Platinum Candy x  Starfighter f1's...thanks for sending those along Stray!

I did say I would plant 15 - 18 seeds...only 14 were planted. There were 7 seeds in each tester pack and 5 in the pre-release freebies. 19 would put me one over the convenient amount of 3" pots that fit under a dome. I could have left one seed out...that doesn't make sense. If that SSH jd cut x SI #1 doesn't break ground I'll drop the other pack. A week of difference won't back things up too much.

Till next time, keep it lit...

Image result for new moon images

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greetings to everyone in the Lab, time for the germination report.

I was up on the roof again the other night and decided the pre-release freebies should get planted too. So the Triple Platinum Candy x Startfighter f1 started soaking (in the same fashon as the others) at 3:00am on 6/16/18. They soaked for 13 hours and then were planted directly into soil along with a light dusting of mycos.

Triple Platinum Candy x Starfighter f1 (TPC x SF f1), 2 of 5 made it out of the shell. The other 3 broke the surface but didn't push the shell off. Maybe a scuff with these would help. 

Platinum 20 x Sleeping Iraqi (P20 x SI), 7 of 7 broke the soil surface and shed their shell without assistance.

Super Silver Haze jd cut x Sleeping Iraqi (SSH jd cut x SI), 7 of 7 broke the soil surface and shed their shell without assistance. Along with 100% germination with these, 3 of beans had twins. I was able to isolate the smaller of the 2 sprouts and planted them in their own container. #1, #4 and #5 had twins, with #4b being the strongest. Heres a pic of the lot. The center 2 on the left are the (TPC x SF f1) and the center 2 on the right are (#4b and #5b SSH jd cut x SI).

SAM_3362.thumb.JPG.949ea742d55252d0deaf777537ecf813.JPG

SAM_3363.thumb.JPG.d4e4bff46b88fd77a0fe7159ae44d4c7.JPG

I had them too far away from the light so they stretched a little. The cover was off of the dome for a little while today so they could get some breeze and few were supported to avoid potential blow over. The dome is removed multilpe times every day for fresh air exchange.

This is a close up of (SSH jd cut x SI #4b) a twin.

SAM_3355.thumb.JPG.a3296cefcb5389bf042293772477d9fc.JPG

Note: The light cycle is 18/6...for got to add this last post.

Thanks again everyone, have a good one.

Nice @Kind024 excited to see what transpires.  I spent about 4 years in Iraq and got to see a few fields, but never tried any.  Glad you and Stray hooked up for this awesome test grow.  Best of energies to you and your garden.

On 6/26/2018 at 8:13 PM, Stray said:

Awesome. I'm super excited for these new heaters bro. Thanks for sharing.

Right on brother the feelings are mutual. Thank you for sharing!

On 6/27/2018 at 8:32 AM, GoodEnergyGrower said:

Nice @Kind024 excited to see what transpires.  I spent about 4 years in Iraq and got to see a few fields, but never tried any.  Glad you and Stray hooked up for this awesome test grow.  Best of energies to you and your garden.

Thank you for the good vibes bro! 4 years looking and you never got to try some and collect seeds...that's borderline torture. 

On 6/27/2018 at 10:10 AM, milo said:

Tagged in for this one @GoodEnergyGrower!!!  :rasta.nana:

love seeing @Strays testers.... They are always such fire! 🔥🔥🔥

Yeah, this sounds like a good set, should be a good show!

Greetings to everyone in the Lab. Hope you and yours had a good one with the full moon last night. One of the most electric moons I can remember.

6/28/18, The dome was removed so the plants are getting full light and full breeze...they dig it! 

6/28/18, An aloe solution was sprayed on the foliage and the soil surface. About 3 TBS fo fresh aloe was blended well with 1 quart of clean water, strained through a muslin bag and applied with a pump sprayer. 

The temperature stays around 75F - 80F with a 63% - 70% RH. The humidifier has to run to support the humidity level or the dome will be needed. The dome scrubs light and blocks wind creating a stagnant atmosphere and the plants don't dig that. I only use it to help hold the the high humidity seedlings prefer during the early stages.

The plants did well growing up with the waxing moon.

From left to right across the top...#7 - #2 of the P20 x SI with #1 being located far right in the middle row.

From left to right across the bottom...#2 - #7 of the SSH jd cut x SI with #1 being located far left in the middle row. 

The middle 2 plants on the right are the TPC x SF f1.

The middle 2 on the left are the twins, SSH jd cut x SI, #5b and #4b.

SAM_3488.thumb.JPG.5ed99fccf10ae11285d99207a6e463ed.JPG

SAM_3489.thumb.JPG.7e63f24241eea4e9aadce18334b4b964.JPG

SAM_3490.thumb.JPG.3cf994f6641f4dfcd1cdc51dbedf6b45.JPG

Some close ups.

Starting from the top left going counter clockwise, SSH jd cut x SI #1, #2, #3, #4a, #4b and #5b (the twins).

SAM_3500.thumb.JPG.4cbe50495db433c958ff21a9ed6fc36a.JPG

Starting from the top right going clockwise. P20 x SI #1, SSH jd cut x SI #7, SSH jd cut x SI #6, SSH jd cut x SI #5, TPC x SF f1 #1 and TPC x SF f1 #2.

SAM_3499.thumb.JPG.176ef660a29ff72871615ff9e2ae61e3.JPG

A close up of TPC x SF f1 #2 and #4.

SAM_3502.thumb.JPG.e1071cd2dd1318f2fa6ed0d375de579a.JPG

From left to right, P20 x SI #7, P20 x SI #6 and P20 x SI #5. 

SAM_3504.thumb.JPG.0b63944086261e81a42ac21f28ce5d3b.JPG

From left to right, P20 x SI #4, P20 x SI #3 and P20 x SI #2.

SAM_3505.thumb.JPG.ae3e2acd0eb36c65ff11f987ab69b89e.JPG

A close up of SSH jd cut x SI #1b, a twin. I don't know if this one or #5b will make it to the show but it's fun to try. However SSH jd cut x SI #4b will definitely be there.

SAM_3430.thumb.JPG.a24be6a8f02f88b7c0cc67d090d34e55.JPG

That should cover the plants...

June's Strawberry full moon. 

Image result for strawberry full moon june 2018

This full moon was really electric. It's been building over the last week. I couldn't sleep last night so the plan was to get this post up. It ended up being a beautiful night outside by the fire with the dogs, a glass of IPA and a doobie. I watched the moon and saturn cross the sky from around 12:30am all the way down till the sun broke horizion. It's moments like this that make me hope this isn't a one time deal...

Have a happy and safe weekend, bless.

Greeting everyone, hope you all had a happy and safe 4th. 

A quick update for the final phase of the moon.

7/4/18, the plants had there first few hours of UV today. The 2 outside most, of the 4, middle lamps on the fixture are the 420 hortilux t5's. The middle 2 are the same 6500k as the rest. These lamps will be turned on for a few hours everyday till they go under the 1k MH.

7/5/18, the room was emptied, cleaned (it was needed), all the plants were sprayed with neem oil. 1 TBS of neem oil was emulsified with soap nut water in 1.5 gallons of warm, clean water. The plants were sprayed in the shower. The bottom and top of the leaves were sprayed well (and in that order). The plants were watered well before spraying. The little plants look like they enjoyed it! 

That's all I do really...along with teas and aloe. Neem oil once a week and I haven't had a pest outbreak in over 5 years, maybe more. Some mites had set up in the flower room toward the end of last round. They probably came in from last years outfoor harvest. Never saw them in the veg room and haven't seen them anywhere since.

Moderate amounts of neem oil, emusified well and applied thoroughly. No magic, just diligence. And no essential oils ~other than neem~ those can burn. If you use Dr. bronners as an emusifier/surfactant I suggest the plain one. These are the gardening methods used. There are as many paths as humans. To each their own.

This is the space and plants after the clean and neem oil spray.

SAM_3551.thumb.JPG.070ddc4ca568058e5b7793e1065092ab.JPG

The close up pics were from the last hours of yesterdays light cycle. The close ups from tonight didn't turn out as nice. It's harder to get good photo light with things positioned this way. Depending on the how the day goes tomorrow. The plan is to transplant them into 1 gallon bags tomorrow night...tonight at this point. The plants are all mixed at this point so it may be hard to tell who is who.

They need watering 3 times a day to keep consistant moisture in the soil at the moment. If the the soil would be allowed to dry out the plants would tank and this little amount of soil would never be able to catch up. 

SAM_3541.thumb.JPG.b55f85dfb24dc15a580eca3497f20b05.JPG

SAM_3543.thumb.JPG.461d35aad10469f304b43161feb9e964.JPG

Everyone is on track and happy. There are a few thrips abound...they are everywhere outside. Hope they peace out soon. Thips aren't that bad and are easy to manage and eradicate with neem oil and a healthy top layer of soil. As shown below, after the 2nd instar larva phase thrips will want more to eat then the plant tissue. They will drop down to the soil surface where they will look for other food like mites, mite eggs, gnat larvae etc. If they can't find them on the plant. (Those last two sentences I made up~i can't find an artical with that info, it just makes sense...to me). Thrips eat the mites we dont want on your plants...they also eat your plants.  There are some predator mites that will eat thrips.

A healthy top layer in your pots, full of predators , will stop the thrip cycle without any help. In my experience anytime a few thrips make it into bloom they are gone within the first couple weeks. I never see damage on new growth or any signs at the end of the cycle. The top layer of soil is crawling with centipedes who eat soft bodied insects such as thrip larvae. Little pots equals little soil surface and little structure/cover for centipedes.The larger pots with more surface area will hold more predators. Centipedes are in every pot. They don't like to kick it on a bare surface. They like to hang out in organic layering. Whether for the cover itself to lay their own eggs or that it holds a place for more food to live and breed...or both?

"Thrips eggs are laid in the leaf where they hatch in 7 days. There are 4 larval stages, of which 2 are active. During the active stages the larvae eat 10 mite eggs per day over a period of 10 days. When adult thrips emerge, they feed on about 60 mite eggs per day over a 30 day life span." Quote thanks to Midwest Biological Control News.

Image result for thrips life cycle

I hope everyone has a smooth 3rd quarter as the new super moon approaches.

peace, 

Image result for 3rd quarter moon phase july 2018

Greetings to the community, the New Supermoon is here. This is the closest and largest moon of the year. I wish everybody a good one.

July's Bloodmoon solar eclipse.

Image result for blood moon solar eclipse july 2018

Some good fortune for the new moon. The matriarc of the flock, Momma Hen, came out of the woods with five little poults, four shown here, the other is behind mom. These poults are a couple of weeks old. Momma has kept them on the outskurts of the property till now. Poults are fragile and unstable on their feet when they are new so Momma keeps them away from the rest of the flock at first. She, the poults and the Toms were all laying in the shade yesterday...that images stays in the memory bank. I tossed a handful of feed down for this photo. A young chicken got in on it too. This is the second year she riased poults...she's a very attentive mom. 

SAM_3591.thumb.JPG.cbe4084a872b8e54fa1e3b8d59710cd3.JPG

Plant News;

7/6/18, Everyone was transplanted into 1 gallon bags. Each was filled with 1gallon of recycled soil that's kept heathy and alive in a barrel on the porch...in the house over winter.

7/10/18, The plants were sprayed with neem oil. Made the same way as last time.

7/11/18, A top layer was added to each bag...

This is how it went...a bucket of soil life and one of last years weathered straw, soaked for a day in water in an attempt to kill any unwanteds. I don't know how effective this will be. An earwig crawled out of the straw bail it was collected from and I don't want them to set up inside. 

SAM_3598.thumb.JPG.50caaa4e034ea7ee64e87a34f8da11e2.JPG

Below is the bucket of top soil life. It was started by collecting the top layer off the 35 gallon no-till pots when the room was switched over to the 5 gallon bags while some sifting is done. A layer of straw was put on the bottom of the 5 gallon bucket first. Now the top layer, root mass and any extra leaves from any pots/plants that get emptied are put in this bucket. This is a bucket of life and treated as such. It's watered and cared for like a pet. It eats cannabis leaves and stems. It's full of centipedes, pill bugs and all sorts of life...you can fell it shift around in your hands.

A healthy top layer makes for a healthy and productive soil. A cups worth from the soil life bucket was spread around the top of each bag. A layer of stray was put over that. Straw -hay works well too, it has more sugars then straw and will break down faster- is important to cover the soil from light. Soil biology likes cover, especially the centipedes. Centipedes are nocturnal, but will stay active on the soil surface all day with a solid cover. They also seem to prefer a decomposing cover over a living one. Most of the microbiology in soil are sensative to light and will die from exsposure to UV. A layer of straw and/or hay will help keep the soil surface moist, dark and make a great cover for macroorganisms. Remember soil marcroorganisms need to eat too. Some are muchers like the pillbug and assist with decomposition. Cannabis leaves and stems make a good food. Any plant trimmings will be chopped a little and added to the top layer. If you think your soil is rich with nitrogen then keep some of the leaves off. The organisms that live in these layers assist in keeping your plants healthy and feeding the soil, who feed your plants.

SAM_3580.thumb.JPG.859c37d3b0a6675bcbfd180fca44b5a5.JPG

SAM_3583.thumb.JPG.b9fffe52fa6286085ee9b5c83ff658ca.JPG 

These photos were taken on 7/8/18...25 days after the soak.

SAM_3592.thumb.JPG.23bd51960935b1773245f2785f1ad4ff.JPG

SAM_3594.thumb.JPG.642e586ffd3838c9b2b0ecb2be74bdf1.JPG

SAM_3595.thumb.JPG.5ede061141cb9f5d9d3b4acd274f9de8.JPG

This photo was captured earlier today. The only time I see leaves pucker like this is when I forget and leave the UV lamps on all day...i've seen them flip over too.

SAM_3601.thumb.JPG.26a777255441eb4469f2f8118b97fb4f.JPG

A big thank you to the family at Strayfox Gardenz.

bless,

On 7/6/2018 at 4:08 AM, Kind024 said:

Thrips eggs are laid in the leaf where they hatch in 7 days. There are 4 larval stages, of which 2 are active. During the active stages the larvae eat 10 mite eggs per day over a period of 10 days. When adult thrips emerge, they feed on about 60 mite eggs per day over a 30 day life span." Quote thanks to Midwest Biological Control News.

Wow, this is some good info, it is no wonder I have no mites.

I thought  I  got them but I think the thrips may have taken care of them. Ha!

Anybody want to buy some thrips, I will sell ya all you want.🤩

It seems I am farming them at the moment...LOL

1 hour ago, shaggyballs said:

Anybody want to buy some thrips, I will sell ya all you want.🤩

It seems I am farming them at the moment...LOL

We could go into business together...you sell the thrips to eradicate the mites and i'll sell the a top layer starter kit full of centipedes to clear up the thrips...Idk, what do you think?. . .sell the problem then offer the solution. . .a topic for another forum. 

All those bugs can be sourced outside under a tree and will be happy to set up shop in your containers given the conditions...unless you live on a glacier near the poles and don't have trees, then call me and i'll ship one out. . .it could happen. "top layer starter kits"...you saw it here first. Well, actually call me after you've worked things out with Shaggyballs Thrip Service. They offer great solutions at a fair price!

Greetings to everyone in the Lab community and beyond. I hope you and yours are having a good one and keeping hydrated.

It's a little early to get actual 1st quarter moon images from July '18. I found this image of the respective difference of the apogee and perigee moon that was interesting and sort of relevent...i'm still learning.

Image result for 1st quarter moon july

These plants are in order now so we can see who is who. Breeders like to see individual plant comparisons on tests whenever possible...every post if possible. When these plants start to show gender i'll pull them out for individual photos. I hope the photo lab tech gets back soon...he's been out with that hot puerto rican babe for the last few weeks, who can blame him.

The plants have a few imperfections from thrips and neem oil at the moment. Nothing to be alarmed by. They are growing well and a balance will be reached soon. The neem oil should be here friday too...just ran out. 

7/17/18, A tea was applied before lights on. 

• 3 gallons of clean water.
  • 1.5 cups EWC.
  • 1 TBS pure maple syrup.

This was aerated for 15 hours, strained through a muslin bag and applied with low pressure using a pump sprayer without a noozle. My finger is used to get a little spray if needed. The plants were put in the shower and sprayed on both sides of the leaves and a little on the soil surface. 

7/17/18, All images captured an hour before lights out 34 days from the sow.

SAM_3638.thumb.JPG.a5c22e81c05233eeaff3f292c05c32d6.JPG

Counter clockwise from the bottom left corner. SSH jd cut x SI #1, #2, #3, #6, #5 and #4.

SAM_3639.thumb.JPG.78cfaba707b8a5a18566eecb016b74ac.JPG

Counter clockwise from the bottom left corner. SSH jd cut x SI #7, TPC x SF f1 #2, TPC x SF f1 #4, P20 x SI #3, P20 x SI #2 and P20 x SI #1.

SAM_3642.thumb.JPG.87540cbab475274c943d91f86460605e.JPG

Counter clockwise from bottom left. P20 x SI #4, P20 x SI #5, P20 x SI #6 and P20 x SI #7.

SAM_3643.thumb.JPG.f125c426911be09c740a209c9fa5118a.JPG

The twins left to right...SSH jd cut x SI #5b, SSH jd cut x SI #4b and SSH jd cut x SI #5b. 

SAM_3644.thumb.JPG.5db7953765bc7c6fe7cda5628af87423.JPG

The 1k MH will be deployed soon in an effort to turn up the growth rate a little.  It's still undecided on whether the seed plants or copies get flowered...depending on how big they get and how fast I can get copies made. There are about 40-45 days left on this current bloom cycle and these plants are  35 days old today...it will be close. 

Peace,

@Kind024

Hello!  Things are looking great in your space kind sir!

I have a question, I see you like to make teas, in the most previous post you foliar sprayed the tea.  Do you ever feed the tea directly to the soil?  Was just interested your thoughts on foliar vs soil drench.  You definitely need to brew less if you are spraying, so I was just contemplating on the subject.  I use 30 gal pots and cannot move them but I do want to foliar spray more just didn't know if it was worth the extra "mess".  

Also, Blue Agave vs Maple Syrup.....I see you use both, do you have any preference?  I like Maple Syrup because I can forage for it locally in the woods.

Thanks Kind!  

15 hours ago, GoodEnergyGrower said:

@Kind024

Hello!  Things are looking great in your space kind sir!

I have a question, I see you like to make teas, in the most previous post you foliar sprayed the tea.  Do you ever feed the tea directly to the soil?  Was just interested your thoughts on foliar vs soil drench.  You definitely need to brew less if you are spraying, so I was just contemplating on the subject.  I use 30 gal pots and cannot move them but I do want to foliar spray more just didn't know if it was worth the extra "mess".  

Also, Blue Agave vs Maple Syrup.....I see you use both, do you have any preference?  I like Maple Syrup because I can forage for it locally in the woods.

Thanks Kind!  

Thank you brother, the space is coming together.

Good questions, where to start? I should start by saying i'm not formally edjucated in any of this...I left high school before I had all my freshmen credits. I like to study things i'm passionate about and learn by reading, trials and vicariously through others. My understanding of the soil food web is in a constant state of change. Please don't take the things I say as truth as this is just my understanding (not that i'm feeding a line of BS). I encourage everyone to question and research this information for themselves because you'll probably see things I don't.

The interpretation of a tea (aka ACT, Aerated Compost Tea). Microbeman says it well, "Very simply stated Compost Tea is a water-based environment wherein beneficial microorganisms are extracted from compost or vermicompost (worm compost) and multiplied by the millions and billions. Some form of agitation breaks the microbes free from the compost and they multiply because food, like black strap molasses, fish hydrolysate, kelp meal, etc. has been added to the water, which at least one type of microbe digests. When one or more type of microbe begins to multiply in response to the food, other microbes respond to this growth and begin to consume these initial microbes and multiply in turn and so on and so on."  If you email Microbeman Tim with any specifics i'm sure he'd be happy to share any data he has. 

http://www.microbeorganics.com/

I mainly spray teas on the foliage/phyllosphere in hopes of introducing new microbes and/or fortifying the existing biological network. The microbes interfacing in the phyllosphere have all sorts of responsibilities and controlling pathogens is one of important ones. I do use neem oil to help control unwanted bugs, but I like to focus on fortifying the microbes over "stripping" the plant of pathogens. Also, it's a good idea to apply teas after using harsh pesticides that may have interrupted the biological network. Neem oil is not considered a harsh pesticide but the saponins used to emusify it have a natural anti-bacterial property and will wash some of the microbes away.

ACT's will carry some available nutrients to the plants, but microbiological interface and diversity is my main focus when using teas. 

Sometimes i'll add a little insect frass to the tea for it's chitin content in hopes of triggering some defence responses in the plant. It's also added sometimes if the focus is a fungal dominated tea, as chitin is a primary component of the cell walls in fungi.

I do not usually drench the soil and rhizosphere with tea. I may water with a diluted tea in the first week if the soil was just made and has fresh transplants. Plants will develope relationships with the microbes in the rhizosphere that network throughout the rest of the soil. Drenching the soil may have an adverse effect on this existing network depending on which microbes dominate the tea. I'm thinking diversity and microbial interfacing when using teas. I spray a little tea on the top layer of the soil to stimulate some interfacing but not enough to drench the rhizosphere.

The use of different sweeteners will support the growth of certain microbes from the same batch of compost and/or EWC...certain sweeteners support specific microbes. I like to change it up between molasses, agava, maple syrup and combinations of the three in hopes of cultivating different networks of microorganisms. You can use processed and/or bleached but I like my sweeteners to be as natural as possible...right out of the tree would be ideal! Any sweetener will do. However I would avoid using honey because of it's antibacterial properties.

Some day I hope to have access to a microscope w/camera to confirm the ratio of microbes in teas, but for now I go off general understanding....the camera part to record and share my findings.

I hope this makes sense...again this is based on my interpretation of my understanding.

10 hours ago, Kind024 said:

Good questions, where to start? I should start by saying i'm not formally edjucated in any of this...I left high school before I had all my freshmen credits. I like to study things i'm passionate about and learn by reading, trials and vicariously through others. My understanding of the soil food web is in a constant state of change. Please don't take the things I say as truth as this is just my understanding (not that i'm feeding a line of BS). I encourage everyone to question and research this information for themselves because you'll probably see things I don't.

@Kind024  Thank you very much for the explanation and how you see your methods working. 

Brother Kind, Education is believing in what you are taught.  Understanding gained through experience is knowledge.  Using that knowledge to help others is Wise.  So that path you are on is perfect.  

10 hours ago, Kind024 said:

I mainly spray teas on the foliage/phyllosphere in hopes of introducing new microbes and/or fortifying the existing biological network. The microbes interfacing in the phyllosphere have all sorts of responsibilities and controlling pathogens is one of important ones. I do use neem oil to help control unwanted bugs, but I like to focus on fortifying the microbes over "stripping" the plant of pathogens. Also, it's a good idea to apply teas after using harsh pesticides that may have interrupted the biological network. Neem oil is not considered a harsh pesticide but the saponins used to emusify it have a natural anti-bacterial property and will wash some of the microbes away.

ACT's will carry some available nutrients to the plants, but microbiological interface and diversity is my main focus when using teas. 

Sometimes i'll add a little insect frass to the tea for it's chitin content in hopes of triggering some defence responses in the plant. It's also added sometimes if the focus is a fungal dominated tea, as chitin is a primary component of the cell walls in fungi.

I do not usually drench the soil and rhizosphere with tea. I may water with a diluted tea in the first week if the soil was just made and has fresh transplants. Plants will develope relationships with the microbes in the rhizosphere that network throughout the rest of the soil. Drenching the soil may have an adverse effect on this existing network depending on which microbes dominate the tea. I'm thinking diversity and microbial interfacing when using teas. I spray a little tea on the top layer of the soil to stimulate some interfacing but not enough to drench the rhizosphere.

The use of different sweeteners will support the growth of certain microbes from the same batch of compost and/or EWC...certain sweeteners support specific microbes. I like to change it up between molasses, agava, maple syrup and combinations of the three in hopes of cultivating different networks of microorganisms. You can use processed and/or bleached but I like my sweeteners to be as natural as possible...right out of the tree would be ideal! Any sweetener will do. However I would avoid using honey because of it's antibacterial properties.

Some day I hope to have access to a microscope w/camera to confirm the ratio of microbes in teas, but for now I go off general understanding....the camera part to record and share my findings.

I hope this makes sense...again this is based on my interpretation of my understanding.

Your explanation is Gold, and you have an understanding for sure.  You are in the flow with nature, not whipping it to obey you!  

It makes much sense on not overloading the rhizosphere, I have seen some of my mushroom beds go to hell because of different mycelium competing, so can go the microbes.  

If you have any Sugar Maple trees in your area cut a small low hanging branch in February in the afternoon, come back the next early morning and there will be a sugar sap icicle.  I put those on top of the soil and in my compost brews.

Again thanks for taking the time to share, it has opened my mind and I am excited to try some of these methods.  Be well brother.  See you around the corner ;)

On 7/20/2018 at 5:36 AM, GoodEnergyGrower said:

Brother Kind, Education is believing in what you are taught.  Understanding gained through experience is knowledge.  Using that knowledge to help others is Wise.  So that path you are on is perfect.  

Thank you brother that means a lot...that opened my heart.

I forgot to comment on your 30 gallon container situation. I spray teas alot more during the veg cycle but I do spray sometimes in bloom. Its has a vinyl floor so its easy to clean. If I spray in the bloom room I try to avoid alot of spraying up under the plant because it can spray up to the lights and on the walls if not careful. I don't remove the plants from the blom room, once they are planted in the final container they stay in the room. I take an old towel and lay it on the floor. Spray the plant top down, a little on the soil surface, than I might shake the plant a little to release any excess drips if I don't want them to dry on the floor, which will wipe off easy with a damp rag. I spray in the dark with the fans off about 2-3 hours before the lights come on. Just make sure to turn fans back on when the lights come on.

thank you bro,

i'll see you there.

Greetings, I hope everybody is having a good one. Today was the longest total lunar eclipse of the century...unfortunately it was out of view for the North Americas. For those in the western hemisphere the blood moon eclipse should have been epic! Something like this...

Related image

7/17/18, A tea was sprayed on both sides of the leaves and on the soil surface of each plant. 

Recipe:

• 3 gallons fo clean water
  • 1.5 cups EWC
  •  TBS maple syrup

This was aerated for 15 hours around 74F. The plants were sprayed in the shower on a 5 gallon bucket. This gives a better angle and makes it easier to spray under the leaves. It was applied using a pump sprayer at low pressure with a high flow noozle. Apologies for the redundacy if some if these things were said earlier in this thread. . .it may happen again.

My daughter is here visiting and she's showing interest in plants and soil. She did all the photoraghy for this post and was the upper hand in the decision on the smell of the stem rub. We were close but she picked up on the citronella...mom has a citronella plant. For my edjucation the smell of the citronella plant is more sour and the tiki torch citronella has more of a sweet smell. For their age these plants have strong odors.The smell is written overtone first/undertones second.

The letters in the photos were already here so they were used to represent the correlating number....A=1, B=2 and so on.

7/25/18, All the full plant photos were captured.

7/26/18, All the single leaf and root photos were captured.

All the plants showed gender by 40 days from the soak...except for the twins.

Gender ratios: 

SSH jd cut x SI = 3 females and 4 males. 3 of the seeds birthed twins. One of those twins, SSH jd cut x SI #4B is about as big as the rest and is possibly a lady, if so she will join the flower party...maybe 4 total females.

P20 x SI = 3 females and 4 males.

TPC x SF f2 = 0 females and 2 males. Apologies for the poor germination rate...i was hoping to get a couple of these to the show.

Super Silver Haze jd cut x Sleeping Iraqi #1, female. Faint smell, but very sour.

SAM_3679.thumb.JPG.b780d524dcbc62911bfefdad26d51df0.JPGSAM_3682.thumb.JPG.92538873017acf481b41586a664ad37f.JPG

SAM_3740.thumb.JPG.3ba33db2b1a30277c7235869e2b03ed3.JPG

Super Silver Haze jd cut x Sleeping Iraqi #2, female. Lemon/lime.

SAM_3683.thumb.JPG.d1b78ec7e7a1d3e92e48757a63ba81d3.JPG

SAM_3684.thumb.JPG.447c55d61a7ef011395664b5bbb668d8.JPG

SAM_3741.thumb.JPG.ce5c6b50b73bed4d0bc4bacd5c2e645e.JPG

Super Silver Haze jd cut x Sleeping Iraqi #3, male. Sour lemon/citronella.

SAM_3685.thumb.JPG.c423f228dbf429d13d682ae7a6e08ca5.JPG

SAM_3686.thumb.JPG.3779c496116a2c5bed36e3b0cfa3a680.JPG

SAM_3742.thumb.JPG.be64a189f906c9bdb9fc5f8631616f94.JPG

SAM_3744.thumb.JPG.f1dfdc25a95e634ffbddcfff61a23c34.JPG

Super Silver Haze jd cut x Sleeping Iraqi #4, female. Citronella/lemon.

SAM_3687.thumb.JPG.855fa4a81de8527c2ca83ecf13794b3a.JPG

SAM_3688.thumb.JPG.c727493cf8f71c40b29e306b7af31d9d.JPG

SAM_3749.thumb.JPG.665e55e90977f9124bde64f3d83b5e88.JPG

Super Silver Haze jd cut x Sleeping Iraqi #4B, the previous plants smaller twin. Female?... Straight sour limes.

SAM_3716.thumb.JPG.2d6206ec9a8591c4520e8ae49c2186a0.JPG

SAM_3717.thumb.JPG.09e41650b4bcc7a2f578c8c2d0401abb.JPG

~too sparse to be clipping leaves yet~

Super Silver Haze jd cut x Sleeping Iraqi #5, male. Sour/citronella.

SAM_3689.thumb.JPG.775c21f3e8adb850d45de6e37227a483.JPG

SAM_3690.thumb.JPG.b1fc05c92309f1e432d0d126c04225a8.JPG

SAM_3750.thumb.JPG.1715adb404d1aa703f8846afe6819413.JPG

SAM_3751.thumb.JPG.d4eb6374cb6b799d529886baf3c6d699.JPG

Super Silver Haze jd cut x Sleeping Iraqi #6, male. Sweet citronella/sour lime.

SAM_3691.thumb.JPG.fbb460e446899868bb76965d4784a6b1.JPG

SAM_3692.thumb.JPG.b5d356d85700798fcad1863028598e46.JPG

SAM_3757.thumb.JPG.f13b080f3f6820d0fde282f14ef9e956.JPG

SAM_3759.thumb.JPG.094c74909e751d825325c4f7bf7f470b.JPG

Super Silver Haze jd cut x Sleeping Iraqi #7, male. Sour/citronella.

SAM_3693.thumb.JPG.85ffb9a36cbbab0fb4e3465a8aa3a2ba.JPG

SAM_3694.thumb.JPG.ff0759d354c76c09ec0e2434619621af.JPG

SAM_3760.thumb.JPG.232ee44d26f0f6f4755cbbd473573dae.JPG

SAM_3762.thumb.JPG.969cf180ab371398bd9a069d5e1bf211.JPG

Platinum 20 x Sleeping Iraqi #1, male. Pine-sol.

SAM_3697.thumb.JPG.9ded1fb15ae45f2927b384a133d52094.JPG

SAM_3698.thumb.JPG.df1eecb5e7ffd335e1fea8d192774bad.JPG

SAM_3725.thumb.JPG.a17088cbf4ace8c52b19ee25e188bae1.JPG

SAM_3727.thumb.JPG.710a4e5b512200824a7d817ce9c829b7.JPG

Platinum 20 x Sleeping Iraqi #2, female. Lemon/pine-sol...almost a vics rub fume lurking.

SAM_3699.thumb.JPG.b581759955dbe8e903085ca52110a987.JPG

SAM_3700.thumb.JPG.c42127a394ca1bc8177f9bfbbac5c2a6.JPG

SAM_3730.thumb.JPG.d50da71d7cbe1acdeae8c59d85e2840e.JPG

Platinum 20 x Sleeping Iraqi #3, male. Lime/citronella.

SAM_3701.thumb.JPG.b3e6c96a93883d91de2d1bc827264c09.JPG

SAM_3702.thumb.JPG.a4a8bd3d77743ec90484ed1190a57c2e.JPG

SAM_3731.thumb.JPG.683e7bf3f7f22b6e056e998431d5a35d.JPG

SAM_3732.thumb.JPG.f1d6ead7852e2f3cdd235e626d500901.JPG

Platinum 20 x Sleeping Iraqi #4, male. Citronella.

SAM_3704.thumb.JPG.a4c1f14a2d830ea6928d0f7d13d4fd4e.JPG

SAM_3705.thumb.JPG.33689d18ea85f2c7d7e19f32ebeb5d51.JPG

SAM_3733.thumb.JPG.27438ef30f242c55450e8e0bc21cc97c.JPG

SAM_3734.thumb.JPG.3f50ebe69b6ee9f593d06d001ac1522a.JPG

Platinum 20 x Sleeping Iraqi #5, female. Lemon/lime.

SAM_3706.thumb.JPG.55fe5e5c2f218fe371c0e6c92b782ebc.JPG

SAM_3707.thumb.JPG.e156eb5bf9f2be6aad03ffc1a2ef98d8.JPG

SAM_3735.thumb.JPG.84895d4a85fcb6a35083cb28d0b59652.JPG

Platinum 20 x Sleeping Iraqi #6, female. Lime/lemon.

SAM_3708.thumb.JPG.78c7f24e564865c9c3e6cdefe205e5b7.JPG

SAM_3709.thumb.JPG.40c8138332ae38a846aa9612fc62b0d2.JPG

SAM_3736.thumb.JPG.371577217dfbad5fa211f2772de847a0.JPG

Platinum 20 x Sleeping Iraqi #7, male. Sour/citronella.

SAM_3710.thumb.JPG.25706371d0457e50119321a0696db50a.JPG

SAM_3711.thumb.JPG.172e5fc63e180110d0880067ea023243.JPG

SAM_3737.thumb.JPG.8c3a2819a93dd41567f2bd821f22a5ed.JPG

SAM_3739.thumb.JPG.7ad57afbbf33281dec983a561d67ec93.JPG

Triple Platinum Candy x Starfighter f2 #2, male. Sweets/sour lime.

SAM_3712.thumb.JPG.facd10b51b836892154b28b20f962188.JPG

SAM_3713.thumb.JPG.ad1b24dc3a2c151b9fbfcced9756b37d.JPG

SAM_3764.thumb.JPG.f00735fae36cc12c2bfc0ea5da173d55.JPG

SAM_3765.thumb.JPG.ab9d78e55aed8a8611c88551227546ee.JPG

Triple Platinum Candy x Starfighter f2 #4, male. Sweet/sour.

SAM_3714.thumb.JPG.89ef3be870018849fed5aede66c39b4b.JPG

SAM_3715.thumb.JPG.af9a84e5c93e63c04b07455799d49bba.JPG

SAM_3766.thumb.JPG.29a84490c6ac7c89f1ed61e4fb9203e5.JPG

SAM_3767.thumb.JPG.93fc90383c3a6093f8442d3ecc0541dc.JPG

If you look close you can see some of the thrip damage on the bottom leaves in some of the photos. After the top layer and the sticky traps went down so did the thrips (noticable after 6-7 days). The new top growth is clean and free of thrip damage. The neem oil arrived the other day and the program will commence shortly.

Momma is watching very closely over her last poult. Unfortunately there are a lot of snakes around here and little poults are at risk. My daughter captured this yesterday afternoon. We've kept turkeys over the last four seasons and this is the first time I've seen behavior like this. That's one way to keep an eye on the munchkin.

SAM_3754.thumb.JPG.70ed96bd5c43000b9d74cf34f2e8f4ee.JPG

Sorry for the lack of written details. My daughter is visiting and she is having fun learning about soil and plants but not so much fun watching me write posts. I'll get back with everyone when she's sleeping or after she leaves.

peace,

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings everyone, hope all has been well.

Today we entered the Last Quarter Moon as it approachs another new super moon!

Image result for 3rd quarter moon

8/4/18, 52 days from the soak.

Super Silver Haze jd cut x Sleeping Iraqi #1 and #2.

SAM_3776.thumb.JPG.6a03278826244df2af34f77035050709.JPG

Super Silver Haze jd cut x Sleeping Iraqi #4 and #4B...twins. Both are ladies...makes 4 total.

SAM_3778.thumb.JPG.71845d4c55051e5fb4e6c7fdf134fe0f.JPG

Platinum 20 x Sleeping Iraqi #2, #5 and #6.

SAM_3783.thumb.JPG.b5d46959341483d08eb940c4da213c62.JPG

All plants were topped to promote lateral growth for copies after these images were taken. There is about 20 - 25 days till the flower room opens up. Copies will be taken to flower in the next few days or when ready. The seed mother plants will be on deck to take the place of the copies depending how fast they root and acclimate to the transplant.

All of these plants are vigorous and stoked to be hooked up to the soil food web. Very fragrent bunch of veggies too...you know there is weed in the house when these ladies are being handled.

Some afternoon watersports...that's Basil in the back taking a leak. They start to dance and pirouette when the water buckets come out, happy hogs.

SAM_3770.thumb.JPG.1376dc9a45b20dd62faec15dde9039bc.JPG

Thanks for everything, i'm grateful.

Greeting to everyone in the Lab community, I hope you and yours are happy, healthy and having a good one for the new super moon and solar eclipse. Say hello to your sun. Greetings Mr, Mrs or unisex sun, whatever you prefer, you are putting on a great show and i'm grateful to have a front row seat. You look so still in the sky and these images. When actually you're hurling through the galaxy at over 7,000km an hour as we do our geometric dance of life in your wake. Thanks again.  

This new moon is supposed to be a good time for new beginnings and directions. I think every morning is a good time for a new beginning and direction. I have a suggestion for a new direction...take a half hour a day, everyday till the next new moon, all to your heart. Go inside your heart and become more familiar with the space. Give the walls a good light wash, smile to it and say "Thank you for sustaining life, it's a good one!" and listen for its response. Take that love and send it through the rest of your organs, thank them for life as well and they will thank you back. Welcome to your heart, our heart, the one heart. If this is already in your practice than share it with a friend or better yet a total stranger.

It's a quiet night here in the valley. A bit of an overcast. Was out feeding the pigs before and it felt like rain, sure hope it commits, we need it. annexe-eclipse-principale.jpg

Updates:

8/9/18, All the plants were sprayed with neem oil. Mixed and applied the same way as before.

8/10/18, All the plants were sprayed with a tea on both sides of the leaves and the soil surface was saturated too.

• 3 gallons of clean water
  • 2 cups EWC
  • 1 TBS pure maple syrup
  • 1/4 cup insect frass ~added 3 hours before application~

This was aerated for a total of 23 hours. The 1/4 cup of insect frass was added at hour 20, or 3 hours before application. The tea was applied with a pump sprayer with low pressure and without a nozzle. I used my finger to fan the flow of tea a little...

8/11/18, Some photos...59 days from the soak.

Super Silver Haze jd cut x Sleeping Iraqi #1.

SAM_3854.thumb.JPG.32409fc66a428a01254ef58c8fc5550f.JPG

Super Silver Haze jd cut x Sleeping Iraqi #2.

SAM_3855.thumb.JPG.1f5c3cd95fe9784d13c3b87aa5cf7d8d.JPG

Super Silver Haze jd cut x Sleeping Iraqi #4.

SAM_3859.thumb.JPG.1eb4b6b45aca08fe2d654a1a67a1360b.JPG

Super Silver Haze jd cut x Sleeping Iraqi #4B.

SAM_3860.thumb.JPG.bc0bf07a15f181e11cf94a11a630b7d2.JPG

Platinum 20 x Sleeping Iraqi #2.

SAM_3861.thumb.JPG.f3f31bbb7cbc083a0b355ea3b932ac91.JPG

Platinum 20 x Sleeping Iraqi #5.

SAM_3863.thumb.JPG.c2c869ea0e027280f9a1ccc246f9a48c.JPG

Platinum 20 x Sleeping Iraqi #6.

SAM_3864.thumb.JPG.1819c620ab2da4d2b887f71826d32e7b.JPG

The plants are doing well. They just got to a good stage in growth to give some strong copies. The copies won't be ready in time for the next round of flowers...about two weeks for roots and another 10 - 14 days of veg growth and they will still be a bit small. The seed plants will go into bloom in the next two weeks when it opens up. I'm torn between using these 5 gallon bags because they are already here. I have a feeling these ladies want more root space...i'll get back to you on that. A couple more cubic feet of soil will need to be made to fill larger containers if that's the final decision. Well it's late, i'll sleep on that one. 

peace,

Love your way of documenting things.

I drop in but rarely comment on threads.

This is a good one.

Dont feel alone if there’s not a lot of comments.

I for one do not wish to clog up your neat clean thread with drivel.

Enjoy the day

This is a very well documented grow log, very nice job @Kind024

Looks to be a stong lemon-lime strain I love the citronella smells myself.

I hate to muddy up a nice grow log but. Did anyone notice what looks like a full moon in the plant shots.

I think it is a vent but it looks very coolin the pics.

SAM_3864.thumb.JPG.1819c620ab2da4d2b887f71826d32e7b.JPG

Nice work there brother, you sure are living the good life, I am a bit jealous.🤢

I love the shot with the turkey, nature finds a way.

Greetings to everyone in the Lab community, I hope everyone is happy and healthy. This will be a short and sweet...the power is going out in less then a half hour. The generater set up, and it will need feeding all night. Not enough power to run all the equipment, but enough to keep everyone on track. 

Today is the First Quarter Moon. I hope you all are still in daily practice of the heart awareness...stick with it. It's going to be a good show.

Image result for first quarter moon august 18

Updates: 

8/15/18, Neem oil was applied.

8/17/18, Tea was applied to all the plants, both sides of the leaves and the soil surface was saturated. 

• 3 gallons clean water
  • 2 cups EWC
  • 2 TBS molasses

This tea was aerated for 42 hours at 68F, applied the same way as the previous ones.

8/18/18, The photos were taken earler, 66 days since the beans soaked. Everyone is happy and healthy. 

Super Silver Haze jd cut x Sleeping Iraqi #1.

SAM_3901.thumb.JPG.b332154c1b7d5de7378a43fbc31d2587.JPG

SAM_3905.thumb.JPG.0aebe4e6f8c10fcbf3114b0f1377185f.JPG

Super Silver Haze jd cut x Sleeping Iraqi #2. This one has a slightly mutated and variegated growth pattern on a few leaves. It looks similar to the tobacco mosic virus. She has expressed this growth from the beginning. It shows in a pattern on the plant, like its slowly going clockwise from branch to branch. I've never had to deal with TMV so i don't know first hand. It looks similar to the cucumber mosaic virus too. I'll check again tomorrow but i'm pretty sure everything is clean on the porch...i think mutation, not a virus. All plants are in good health with no signs of a mosaic virus anywhere else or ever before this.

SAM_3919.thumb.JPG.11dcca8949361160d1b0d98039c75b0e.JPG

SAM_3922.thumb.JPG.1b44bac4d300d262a0a79672e9e659a4.JPG

Super Silver Haze jd cut x Sleeping Iraqi #4.

SAM_3906.thumb.JPG.a5de3a4c7569cf82039bbf1ceee18511.JPG

SAM_3908.thumb.JPG.f7a78bdcb8d7ddad38df6cf728672a37.JPG

Super Silver Haze jd cut x Sleeping Iraqi #4B.

SAM_3914.thumb.JPG.a3b23035c5641ce42002f249aca94256.JPG

SAM_3915.thumb.JPG.cb1e017140d819a1e61b0a4f0bdfbd52.JPG

Platinum 20 x Sleeping Iraqi #2.

SAM_3924.thumb.JPG.7ce7f5669f80b6fa06718f749810a32a.JPG

SAM_3927.thumb.JPG.ac0a397c2c0fb99aa735df5196b26193.JPG

Platinum 20 x Sleeping Iraqi #5.

SAM_3929.thumb.JPG.b33623358ef9487224a673466f9c13d4.JPG

SAM_3932.thumb.JPG.02175d88d47d8b5ad2021c8712ac8bb3.JPG

Platinum 20 x Sleeping Iraqi #6.

SAM_3937.thumb.JPG.8b1f5df665901a4777c724c613f5f3e6.JPG

SAM_3938.thumb.JPG.d076d17f3b3baa256b9465ecf8b8d69c.JPG

Till next time, stay in your heart.