Troutman is here

Guest Troutman

my buddy from ontario has been here for 10 days..... plane ticket was 500 return this time of year..... not too bad. Organizing these events for spring is probably cheapest travel times.

Guest knucklehead bob
31 minutes ago, Tynehead Tom said:

my buddy from ontario has been here for 10 days..... plane ticket was 500 return this time of year..... not too bad. Organizing these events for spring is probably cheapest travel times.

Didn't you say you have an event in July . What's the nearest airport to you ? Just out of curiosity , I've been fantasizing & pricing round trip from Detroit to Vancouver   :smileys-passing-joint:

2 hours ago, knucklehead bob said:

Didn't you say you have an event in July . What's the nearest airport to you ? Just out of curiosity , I've been fantasizing & pricing round trip from Detroit to Vancouver   :smileys-passing-joint:

yup we do a backyard campout weekend in begnning of july every year for trusted friends and some family. Nearly everybody tokes and is laid back good people.

Nearest airport is Kamloops , but the big international airports are about 5 hrs away by car , down in Abbotsford and Vancouver.

not sure if my idea for a z-labs gathering is taking off with the canadian members but the invite is out there.

Welcome to the lab @Troutman

I got the bright idea to put some molasses on my outdoor plants that were in buckets one year. Came back the next day to find all 5 plants up rooted and laying on the ground next to the buckets. All but 1. The plant was there but the 5 gallon bucket of soil was gone. I figure it was a buck deer and he got the bucket hung on his antler. Serves the bastard right. I won't use molasses outdoors again lol.

Guest Troutman
2 hours ago, Smokin Joe said:

Welcome to the lab @Troutman

I got the bright idea to put some molasses on my outdoor plants that were in buckets one year. Came back the next day to find all 5 plants up rooted and laying on the ground next to the buckets. All but 1. The plant was there but the 5 gallon bucket of soil was gone. I figure it was a buck deer and he got the bucket hung on his antler. Serves the bastard right. I won't use molasses outdoors again lol.

Maybe next time inject the molasses into the soil with a turkey baster and the animals will dig your planting holes for you. 😍

I wonder if I planted a bunch of doggy bones if the bears would help me out? 🤣

We would always pack our stuff up and leave it for a bit let the bears know it’s not good eats... still had the fucker drag a full garden up our well hidden trail... took a couple charges of the eliminator battery pack to shop vac up all the mess! Bastards!

even worse when they try n drink from your water storage and fall in... nothing wrecks a water tight resiviours like a thrashing bear!

Guest Troutman

Looks like some of my F2 personal hybrid seeds have finally created seedlings at my guerilla patch in solo cups
and seed tray. I'm in the process of creating a new locally adapted strain for the Canadian outdoors. Last year, I
tested 7 seeds of the F1's and they finished late on October 20th. It would be nice to speed things up to around
October 1st if I can in time. The P1's used are Friesland Indica and a real Landrace Colombian Gold to create
my strain named Colombian Pine.

It's nice creating original strains. 😍

This is 2 pics of my F1 Colombian Pine strain tested last year on October 20 last year.

How do you like electric purple calyxes?

1374261301_ColombianPine.jpg.2d2aedd218add96491b4976a86dca17a.jpg2102090557_ColombianPineBuds.jpg.626355795e1f8075f9128f4b8cb25c0d.jpg

I'm also germinating some Afropips Malawi Gold now for a seed run.

• 1 year later...
Guest Troutman

I took these pics of my Colombian Pine #1 breeder male a few days ago.

I started over 120 plants and culled 35 other males to find this amazing one.

Colombian Pine Male #1

large.736381021_ColombianPineMale1.jpg.23e90caa78251eae04f91df9a4e3d517.jpg

Lower Right Branch where that red dot is in the above pic.

large.2075985265_ColombianPineMale1LowerRightBranch.jpg.8a6b38a48a38c630b06897e7202e4ca5.jpg

Middle of the plant. Ignore the dying fan leaves. It's the pollen sacs that matter.

large.1500631957_ColombianPineMale1Middle.jpg.0148888283f6354b2f3d38873b82b08b.jpg

This is like just the top foot of the plant. The pollen sacs on this entire plant are freaking mental.

large.1615331461_ColombianPineMale1Top.jpg.fda8fa14c2add690576ad92b04535ba9.jpg

Imagine if that flower structure translates into buds in the next generation.

Guest Troutman

I made it using Hexane as my primary extraction solvent and my soxhlet extractor.

I then purged it with 98% ethanol I made with vodka and my glass laboratory still. 🙂

The extract is very nice.

Archived